Topic: Off Topic

Slow Day in MMA News, Lets Talk about US!

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Kalibo
Kalibo
  • Predictions:  33,130  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  16,800
  • Post Score: 185

04.13.2011 | 11:49 AM ET

Since it's a slow day in the world of MMA, I thought it would be cool to talk about Tapology and ourselves.. anything at all regarding the same.  I'll get a brief start going..

I live in PA, am 30 and have been a fan of MMA since I was a teenager.  Work for the railroad and rarely ever miss an event regardless of promotion/stature.  I like Tapology b/c of the environment it fosters.  I wish we could edit/delete our posts... maybe have categories of threads for the forums, but all in all, I appreciate the type of place this is thus far. 

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved" – Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

Page 811

GreenHornet
GreenHornet
  • Predictions:  42,804  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  10,325
  • Post Score: 203

07.05.2017 | 8:03 PM ET

So on 4th of July, I thought to myself "you know what I should do, tan with no sunscreen." and proceeded to do as such like a dumbass.

Now I have nice swaths of red skin and blisters all on my left shoulder.  Boy was that a dumb ******* choice.  Going to see a dermatologist or a doctor tomorrow to see what is up with my skin if this gets worse.

"..."

GreenHornet
GreenHornet

08.18.2017 | 9:39 PM ET

House is infested with flies.  **** my life. 

"..."

twodragunns
twodragunns
  • Predictions:  31,496  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  335
  • Post Score: 219

08.19.2017 | 11:52 AM ET

This is the cure for what ails you - https://www.amazon.com/Bug-A-Salt-2-0-Insect-Eradication-Gun/dp/B00STSZ77G 
Bought one myself and the aerial war inside my crib has been won unanimously by the home team.

* Edited at 08.19.2017, 11:53 AM ET *

mikeyg
mikeyg
  • Predictions:  7,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  6,232
  • Post Score: 113

08.19.2017 | 1:39 PM ET

@Zach, you probably have a small opening in your dwelling somewhere. Have your landlord fix the issue or check yourself and seal that **** up right away, you don't want nasty ass flies infecting you with some weird disease they picked up from garbage and dead animals. 

I had a basement window accidentally cracked open only an inch one summer and had the same problem with flies. That or you have a dead animal who died in the attic/basement or something.
This user is suspended from posting until 4 years, 2 months, 4 weeks, 1 day, 4 hours, and 40 minutes from now.
GreenHornet
GreenHornet

08.19.2017 | 2:02 PM ET

@mikey

Landlord? lol I don't have a landlord.  I can't afford a house or apartment with what I get paid.  Thankfully the problem has been sorted out for now and we killed all of them and vacuumed up all the bodies. My folks think that it had something to do with the trash can being so close to the house, which is the most likely case.

I still have a feeling that we have a dead mouse or squirrel carcass in between the floorboards of the first floor and the basement (the basement is where the problem originated).  Primarily because there is a small crack in the front porch between it and the grass that is just big enough for mice and **** to climb in.

@twodragunns

Thanks for the link man.  Might pick up some if the problem persists into next summer (if I haven't got enough money for my own place by then).

"..."

mikeyg
mikeyg

08.19.2017 | 2:08 PM ET

Doesn't matter what your living situation is really, it was either an opening they found or a dead animal and if you think it was an animal hopefully it decayed a lot by now.
This user is suspended from posting until 4 years, 2 months, 4 weeks, 1 day, 4 hours, and 40 minutes from now.
Apex Fight Systems
Apex Fight Systems
  • Predictions:  1,926  |  57.0%
  • Forum Posts:  4
  • Post Score: 50

08.19.2017 | 8:59 PM ET

Support

I have a fighter who is moving down to 125 and he should make a very good run. Isaiah Chapman.  check him out

"Hard work beats talent when talent doesnt work hard"

Griffy
Griffy
  • Predictions:  38,656  |  61.5%
  • Forum Posts:  2,503
  • Post Score: 297

08.22.2017 | 10:44 PM ET

I'm heading down to Flagler County, Florida (30min from Daytona) next week, does anyone have any suggestions on things to do or see in this part of the state?

"I think Gayffy suits you better, because you are gay." - Nomad

GreenHornet
GreenHornet

08.23.2017 | 1:44 AM ET

I have not been to Florida in a long time, and I have never been to that part of the state(I went to the touristy parts where Disney World was as a young child) . But from what I have read, they have a few monuments in that part of the state if you are interested in that sort of thing, such as Fort Matanzas Monument and Washington Oak Gardens State Park. Plus since you are near Daytona, you could possibly check out Daytona speedway if you like auto racing things.

"..."

mikeyg
mikeyg

08.23.2017 | 1:48 AM ET

Going to Florida? Turn around immediately, that's what you do.
GreenHornet
GreenHornet

01.11.2018 | 11:13 PM ET

Sad news today in the world of Metal as the final member of the original Motorhead line up in Eddie Clarke has died at the age of 67.  RIP Fast Eddie, you will be missed. Long Live Motorhead.

"..."

GreenHornet
GreenHornet

04.13.2018 | 9:45 PM ET

It happened.  It ******* happened.  Trump launched a bombing run on Damascus when there is still no concrete evidence Assad did the chemical attack.  I'm not gonna lie, I'm ******* terrified right now.

"..."

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

04.13.2018 | 9:48 PM ET

******* hell man.

I ******* knew this mad **** would end up doing this ****!!!

God I hope Putin can somehow keep a cool head. Because it's now all on him!

This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 10 months, 4 weeks, 5 hours, and 39 minutes from now.
MassaBruce
MassaBruce

04.13.2018 | 9:51 PM ET

Assad is Hitler so yay. 
This user is suspended from posting until 5 years, 5 months, 4 days, 18 hours, and 54 minutes from now.
boredoms
boredoms
  • Predictions:  47,181  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1,267

04.13.2018 | 9:52 PM ET

"I am trained in gorilla warfare" - Stay Ready

GreenHornet
GreenHornet

04.13.2018 | 9:52 PM ET

@Imperator

He's ex KGB and a great statesman.  I have to believe he understands the ramifications of this and will wisely back down.  I am more worried about his generals if anything.

Also, I blame the establishment democrats and republicans WHO CONSISTENTLY SINCE 2011 DEMANDED WAR WITH SYRIA AND, by proxy, RUSSIA OVER THIS.  They called Trump unstable, yet they prodded him into going to war?  As far as I am concerned the blood is on their hands, as much as Trump's.

* Edited at 04.13.2018, 9:53 PM ET *

"..."

MassaBruce
MassaBruce

04.13.2018 | 10:10 PM ET

If you're so cruel you inspire militant rebellion against you..its probably for a good reason. Trump is trash but its not like people are grouping together to actively kill him. Yet, that's exactly what's happening in Syria. Half the pop wants Assad dead. Might as well do it for them. 
This user is suspended from posting until 5 years, 5 months, 4 days, 18 hours, and 54 minutes from now.
ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546

04.13.2018 | 10:46 PM ET

Another illegal action executed under drumph's stewardship, in direct contravention of the powers of war act.Disgusting blood drunk regime. You know, assad wasnt a lunatic before Reagan ****** him over and subsequently caused the creation of ISIS in the process. Thanks America!! For ****'s sake. Blame the democrats all you want but this epic ****show is all happening under the directives of an utterly corrupt and morally bankrupt republican controlled congress.

Another war---just in time for the midterms.Holy ******* ****--what a twist! Why do i feel like ive heard this song before?

Americans dont understand what it means to be conservative. What suffices for the aformentioned in that corner of the world is crony capitalism, isolationist regression and petrodollar warmongering.

Go ahead and downvote me, but if you have to wonder  why the general consensus throughout the rest of the civilized world is that Americans are violent hysterical imbeciles, then those are labels you probably deserve.

What a ******* disgrace.

This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 10 months, 4 weeks, 5 hours, and 39 minutes from now.
AnAlias
AnAlias
  • Predictions:  7,901  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  8,737
  • Post Score: 246

06.13.2018 | 10:21 PM ET

A high thought not worthy of it's own thread...

The Random Fighting Championships. 

Two fighters enter the cage. Then the ring announcer spins a giant wheel. On the wheel are several options of different combat sports. Tae Kwon do, Greco Roman wrestling, boxing, MMA, BJJ with a gi, no-gi submission grappling, freestyle wrestling, Judo, kick boxing, folkstyle wrestling, Sambo... Whatever the wheel lands on, that's how they fight. Maybe you could even spin again for every round. I'm not sure how that would work as far as time limits and scoring go though. 
GreenHornet
GreenHornet

08.05.2018 | 1:15 AM ET

le bump

So this summer I have finally committed to working out again to get in shape and finally get under 200. About a month in so far and I have already lost 9 pounds so far and weigh 221. Just need to get the diet more in line with my working out as well as some portion control.

"..."

Page 811

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 56 pre-event facts: Can Derrick Lewis extend all-time KO record?
  • MMAFighting.com : Dan Hardy picks Conor McGregor to beat Michael Chandler: ‘He’s got that refinement in his game’
  • Middle Easy : ‘Problem-Solving’ Cory Sandhagen Reveals One Weakness He Sees In Unbeaten Umar Nurmagomedov
  • UFC.com : Rankings Report | Week of May 6, 2024
  • Bad Left Hook : Jermall Charlo charged with DWI and fleeing after crashing Lamborghini
  • UFC.com : Last Time In St. Louis
  • UFC.com : Billy Goff Is Willing To Take The Risks
  • MMA Mania : White Accused Of Betting On NFL During Boring Bout
  • MMAFighting.com : Mike Perry unsure Darren Till fight happens, teases interest in Caleb Plant: ‘Bring it on, motherf*ckers’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 56 commentary team, broadcast plans set: Laura Sanko joins booth for second time in 2024
  • MMA Junkie : Payton Talbott draws Yanis Ghemmouri at UFC 303 on June 29
  • MMA Mania : VIDEO: Sound & Pound — Will Lewis Turn Back Another Prospect?
  • MMA Junkie : Daniel Cormier: Jon Jones 'smart' for going after Alex Pereira over Tom Aspinall
  • MMAFighting.com : Alexandre Pantoja dreams of fight against flyweight ‘GOAT’ Demetrious Johnson
  • MMA Mania : Brain Damage Forces Hardy From BKFC 61
  • MMA Junkie : Heather Hardy suffering from effects of 'too much brain damage,' indicates fighting career is over
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch UFC champ Dricus du Plessis perform as Wildebeest on The Masked Singer
  • Middle Easy : Patchy Mix Declares Himself As ‘Best Bantamweight On The Planet’, Says He’d ‘Sleep’ Sean O’Malley And Petr Yan
  • MMA Mania : ‘One Of Us Has To Die’
  • UFC.com : Rodrigo Nascimento Out To Prove He Belongs