Topic: Off Topic

Slow Day in MMA News, Lets Talk about US!

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Kalibo
Kalibo
  • Predictions:  33,130  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  16,800
  • Post Score: 185

04.13.2011 | 11:49 AM ET

Since it's a slow day in the world of MMA, I thought it would be cool to talk about Tapology and ourselves.. anything at all regarding the same.  I'll get a brief start going..

I live in PA, am 30 and have been a fan of MMA since I was a teenager.  Work for the railroad and rarely ever miss an event regardless of promotion/stature.  I like Tapology b/c of the environment it fosters.  I wish we could edit/delete our posts... maybe have categories of threads for the forums, but all in all, I appreciate the type of place this is thus far. 

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved" – Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

Responses Page 18

Kalibo
Kalibo

05.02.2011 | 2:14 PM ET

I love to participate in stuff.  I'm at work right now on my desktop trying to update my rankings after the great weekend!

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved" – Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

BodyModifier
BodyModifier
  • Predictions:  21  |  61.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,608
  • Post Score: 152

05.02.2011 | 4:21 PM ET

Which members are the mods on this forum?

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,565
  • Post Score: 275

05.02.2011 | 6:25 PM ET

@bodymodifier we don't have dedicated mods yet, but if things start to get wild n crazy we'll have to be more proactive.

"I live, I die, I live again."

minotauro11
minotauro11
  • Predictions:  2,483  |  66.5%
  • Forum Posts:  4,493
  • Post Score: 148

05.02.2011 | 6:33 PM ET

If you need another mod, I'd be happy to help out, hahah.

"We Are All One"

BodyModifier
BodyModifier

05.02.2011 | 6:35 PM ET

Well I'm glad this place isn't infected by trolls. I'm most likely going to start visiting here a lot more than UFC.com. That site is getting a little out of hand. 
This site is full of decent mature posters. Glad to be a part of it.

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."

Live2wrestle
Live2wrestle
  • Predictions:  22,482  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  11,857
  • Post Score: 236

05.02.2011 | 7:22 PM ET

Hopefully it stays that way and we keep the ******** to a minimum

"She be curvin all the locals, must like foreigns and this is when I had the Martin, I was just like Lawrence so wassup"

Gregory
Gregory

05.02.2011 | 7:28 PM ET

Glad to have you here, BodyModifier!

I don't know if it will completely prove out, but a hope is that since everyone here has their prediction history and their rankings here, that it pushes you to be a little more real, little bit less of a keyboard warrior. 

Kalibo
Kalibo

05.02.2011 | 8:03 PM ET

@mino.. No comment!  LOL.

@Live2  I think it will for the most part. 

BodyModifier
BodyModifier

05.02.2011 | 8:10 PM ET

The ranking system is definitely worth it. It definitely helps people be more real and the prediction history is fun. No matter how accurate you are. It helps you observe fights and it's also a pleasure to do.
Probably would mark this site higher than UFC in most cases. Very enjoyable place.
By the way how many members in total on this site?

minotauro11
minotauro11
  • Predictions:  2,483  |  66.5%
  • Forum Posts:  4,493
  • Post Score: 148

05.02.2011 | 8:11 PM ET

@kalibo, I was joking, I realize how much some of you can't stand me, haha. I'd keep it fair though.

"We Are All One"

Gregory
Gregory

05.02.2011 | 8:17 PM ET

@BodyModifier one stat I'll share is that we had 1,450 people make picks for UFC 129. There are more total members than that, but it's probably more relevant to know how many made picks on a big event.

And then the vast majority of people hitting the website are anonymous. I wouldn't necessarily call them lurkers, but what will happen is let's say you google "ian mccall vs dustin ortiz", tapology shows up on top. So people click and look at that page but aren't even thinking about signing up and talking on the forums at that moment.

BodyModifier
BodyModifier

05.02.2011 | 8:17 PM ET

I think this place is running perfect without a mod power tripping. Not that all mods do but people tend to judge mods and get jealous of them. Unfortunately.
I hope everyone that's invited to this site is relatively mature. You go to ufc.com and it's like night and day. lol.

Live2wrestle
Live2wrestle
  • Predictions:  22,482  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  11,857
  • Post Score: 236

05.02.2011 | 8:21 PM ET

I just hope this site for the most part stays how it is in terms of maturity.
I have been a member on other forums that start out great but succumb to childishness and idiocy

"She be curvin all the locals, must like foreigns and this is when I had the Martin, I was just like Lawrence so wassup"

BodyModifier
BodyModifier

05.02.2011 | 8:21 PM ET

Another question. I click reply on your post. Does it automatically come up @Gregory? Or do I have to manually type that. Because it doesn't show when I post. 
That's a good amount of people. I bet some just read and don't post as well. Who made this site originally? Did you Gregory? 

BodyModifier
BodyModifier

05.02.2011 | 8:24 PM ET

I agree Live2wrestle. Other forums have made me shake my head and it does get annoying when you have to skim through threads to find a good one to post in. There doesn't seem to be a lot of hate towards fighters on this site,biased opinions,trolling attempts, etc etc.

BodyModifier
BodyModifier

05.02.2011 | 8:24 PM ET

Knock on wood*

Gregory
Gregory

05.02.2011 | 8:31 PM ET

The reply button doesn't really do anything :)  We intended it to make it quote the previous person's post and insert it, but we haven't gotten around to it yet.  Lot of things we intend to do still!   In the meantime everyone has started typing in @BodyModifier by hand.

The site is run by me, Jeremy, and skelliher.

jaffacakehero
jaffacakehero
  • Predictions:  5,066  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  5,396
  • Post Score: 240

05.02.2011 | 8:42 PM ET

@gregory this has prob been asked before but which one of you guys made up the name for the site? ha

"If you're matched up against me, you better be prepared to give your life...because I am prepared to take it. - Conor McGregor"

BodyModifier
BodyModifier

05.02.2011 | 8:42 PM ET

@Gregory. Well it's nice to be a part of this site. Thanks for the help. 

Gregory
Gregory

05.02.2011 | 8:48 PM ET

It's awesome to have you here, BodyModifier!  It's an honor that you guys all seem to enjoy it.

@jaffa the story behind the name is that we had been trying to come up with a name for a while but weren't happy with anything yet. I was at the gym watching tv on a treadmill, and there was a commercial for some kind of product with an "ology" at the end of the name.  So I texted Jeremy what about these "boxology, octology, fightology, tapology, subology".   The rest is history.

Page 18

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Sean O'Malley thinks Conor McGregor is jealous of him, open to 'legendary' fight at lightweight
  • MMA Mania : Further Drug Testing Clears ‘King Ryan’ Of Nandrolone Use
  • MMA Mania : New UFC Deal With Saudi Arabia Includes ‘Big’ Event In 2025
  • MMA Junkie : Ryan Garcia still denies PED use but says he fought Devin Haney while 'high as f*ck'
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Sean O’Malley willing to move up to lightweight for ‘legendary’ Conor McGregor fight
  • MMA Mania : Bare Knuckle Bonanza! BYB Acquires UK-Based BKB
  • Jits Magazine : IBJJF San Jose Spring Open 2024 Produces Entertaining Highlights
  • Jits Magazine : 20 BJJ Basics, Concepts And Philosophy You Must Know
  • Bad Left Hook : Charlo finally stripped of WBC middleweight title, Adames elevated
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! Dana White Busts FedEX Driver In NYC
  • Middle Easy : Colby Covington Denies Receiving Contract Offer for Ian Garry Fight: ‘He’s Trying to Get Clickbait’
  • Middle Easy : Sean O’Malley Paid More in Taxes Than He Made From Fighting in the UFC Last Year
  • MMA Junkie : USA TODAY Sports/MMA Junkie rankings, May 7: Jose Aldo returns to top 10
  • Middle Easy : Daniel Cormier Details Impromptu Wrestling Match with Alex Pereira, Weighs in on Potential Fight Between ‘Poatan’ and Jon Jones
  • MMA Junkie : Nate Diaz vs. Jorge Masvidal 2 shifted to July 6, avoids UFC 302 conflict
  • MMA Junkie : Report: Jermall Charlo arrested for DWI after crashing car
  • MMA Mania : Masvidal-Diaz 2 Delayed To Avoid Scheduling Conflict
  • MMA Junkie : Colby Covington denies contract offer for Ian Machado Garry: 'This fight has not been presented'
  • MMA Mania : Sticking Around! ‘This Is The Best I’ve Felt’
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘It’s only a few pounds north’: Vergil Hunter talks possibility of Naoya Inoue taking on Gervonta Davis