Topic: Other Combat Sports

Tapology Talks Boxing

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

hdmexiqtioner
hdmexiqtioner
  • Predictions:  9,964  |  57.9%
  • Forum Posts:  5,398
  • Post Score: 283

09.08.2012 | 11:54 PM ET

I am surprised that no one has started this thread yet.

I know this is an MMA website but I bet that there are some Boxing Fans out there.

I just love the sport of fighting in general and I have been raised by boxing.

So in this Thread we can discuss the "Sweet Science"

such as
Past Fights
Upcoming Events
Favorite Fighters
and Historical Figures in the Sport

Because like MMA in the US, Boxing started out illegal. But where it took MMA less than 25 years to gain the General populations approval, It took boxing over 100 years.

Discuss and have fun.

"Don't argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." - Bark Twain

Responses Page 66

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,490  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

03.07.2016 | 7:34 AM ET

HWY boxing has been boring for years. My only interest is Wilder. 

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

Nomad
Nomad
  • Predictions:  3,465  |  66.3%
  • Forum Posts:  5,117
  • Post Score: 181

03.07.2016 | 12:33 PM ET

As long as we get Povetkin vs Wilder, I'm pretty happy. Also, the Wilder's last great opponent was probably Clemente Russo and he whooped up on homeboy Wilder, google it.

I also think Oleksandr Usyk is good enough to win the Cruiserweight title and then go up and challenge for the Heavyweight title, Usyk to me is one of the most talented, skilled and unique boxers in the game today. Europe and Russia has a lot of boxing by the balls, it used to be America did not really let them in on the big pay days so they just won all the Olympic and World games but now it's changed at least some, still huge bias to english and spanish speaking folks where the PPV demographic and organizations are based. 

I also think Povetkin beats Wilder, and I am surprised he took this fight he might Weasel out though. A lot of the great heavyweights are falling off. Chagaev didn't lose because his opponent was better he's just getting old and has been avoided by most guys. Same for Klitchko he lost to Fury because he stayed in too long and became a decrepit old man in the ring. Haye kind of gave the game up but he was as talented as pretty much any of these guys not named Klitchko. 

Wilder is nothing special, everyone's just delusional and thinks because Mike Tyson and Roy Jones don't have the titles that means boxing is bad. It's the white boys time, let them have it. I'm hoping Asians start pouring into the the lower divisions more too Thailand has a great amateur boxing culture and really tough guys because they started in muay thai, China has had a few truly incredible amteur cats too, Indonesia had one of the longest reigning champions in boxing history who beat Juan Manuel Marquez and recently retired...they just decided to let him have the belt and pretend like he did not exist for the better part of his career because he could beat the best guys but wasn't a draw....seriously, no american boxer has the right to complain about discrimination, nor latin american...they all get their ***** sucked compared to the other parts of the world in boxing. 

"If I have a goal, then it is to escape from this literalism. I'll never achieve it; in the same way that I'll never manage to describe what really dwells within my character, although I keep on trying."

hdmexiqtioner
hdmexiqtioner

03.29.2016 | 10:26 AM ET

Chris Eubank: Boxer's Father Reportedly Told Son to Stop Hitting Opponent in Head During Title Fight

Multiple outlets reported Chris Eubank Sr. told his son at the British middleweight title fight to not target Nick Blackwell's face and hit him with body shots. Blackwell is now in an induced coma. 

Eubank posted on his facebook: An awesome fight to be a part of last night. Two warriors putting it all on the line, this is what boxing is all about & now I've earned the privilege to be called 'The British Champ'. Unfortunately Nick is now in an induced coma.. my thoughts & prayers go out to his family & friends, he's a true fighter & I whole heartedly believe he will pull through. Appreciate everyone that came out to support the fight

* Edited at 03.29.2016, 10:41 AM ET *

"Don't argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." - Bark Twain

hdmexiqtioner
hdmexiqtioner

05.07.2016 | 12:15 AM ET

Anyone think that Khan will beat Canelo tomorrow?

terrencetj
terrencetj
  • Predictions:  34,101  |  65.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,646
  • Post Score: 258

05.07.2016 | 12:21 AM ET

Good chance Canelo KO's Khan i think round 6.
hdmexiqtioner
hdmexiqtioner

05.07.2016 | 12:32 AM ET

Canelo should win by KO. I think between 7-9.

But if Khan does have a shot, it would be with a body shot by setting up with his speed.

But jumping 2 weight classes for a title shot is still messed up. This is just a money fight.

2kTweeK
2kTweeK
  • Predictions:  6,520  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,103
  • Post Score: 141

05.07.2016 | 2:11 AM ET

imo Khan is a better boxer than Canelo he should win most of the rounds and get a decision but his chin sucks so if Canelo can catch him with the right punch he is done //
terrencetj
terrencetj
  • Predictions:  34,101  |  65.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,646
  • Post Score: 258

05.07.2016 | 11:59 PM ET

Well looks like Canelo KOed Khan in the 6th round like i said above
FaceStomper
FaceStomper
  • Predictions:  4,891  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1,399
  • Post Score: 224

05.08.2016 | 12:01 AM ET

Damn what a KO that was amazing! Canelo vs Golovkin would be incredible

"You fight midgets" - Nate Diaz

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

05.08.2016 | 12:16 AM ET

That was awesome. Canela is a G. 

But will he fight the Triple G?

I'd pay for that ****.

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

Nomad
Nomad

05.19.2016 | 9:19 PM ET

Canelo just forfeited his title to get out of his mandatory defense against GGG. The Ducking saga continues.

* Edited at 05.19.2016, 9:20 PM ET *

"If I have a goal, then it is to escape from this literalism. I'll never achieve it; in the same way that I'll never manage to describe what really dwells within my character, although I keep on trying."

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

05.19.2016 | 9:24 PM ET

Nah I doubt that he's going to duck GGG now, after all that **** he talked. To be fair, that mandatory defense was supposed to be agreed to in 15 days and Canelo's team is trying to get a better deal.

It's annoying, but welcome to boxing. GGG would wreck him anyway.

"الله أكبرl"

Nomad
Nomad

05.19.2016 | 9:28 PM ET

Canelo...First refused to fight GGG after fighting Cotto, finagled a fight against Khan instead...a squash match, a joke. Then he said he'd fight GGG a 160lb champ, but only at 155lbs and a 90/10 purse split, then he just forfeited the title. Call it what you want Anik but it does sound, look and walk like a duck. 

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

05.19.2016 | 9:33 PM ET

Damn, you're right I completely forgot about that ******** about 155. I understood that he wanted to build up more hype for the GGG fight by taking the Khan fight instead though, that only seems logical.

Since the Cotto fight, GGG has clearly established himself as the most watched boxer on HBO. They're both more popular now, and that could potential lead to a bigger money fight for the two.

To be fair, Canelo should be aware that GGG would ******* destroy him. I want to see GGG/Ward more than Canelo/GGG.

"الله أكبرl"

Nomad
Nomad

05.19.2016 | 9:41 PM ET

GGG*  has been ducked for like 6+ years now by all the top fighters in his weight division. They have avoided this man like the plague, and then critics say "who has Golovkin beat?" it's insanity. Martinez welched out of a contract, Cesar Chavez Jr turned down 7million for the fight, went up in weight to take a fight for not half of 7million..., Cotto breached his contract twice not to fight Golovkin, Quillin said he would not fight Golovkin, Billy Joel Saunders said he wouldn't...even told Eubank Jr that Golovkin would beat both their asses in the same night during their press conference...and believe it or not the list keeps going. 

Ward has signed a contract to fight Sergei Kovalev and has been out for like 2 years with injuries and is now fighting cans at Light Heavyweight to prepare for Kovalev (who he may duck) but I think Ward vs Kovalev more than GGG vs Kovalev personally. If Kovalev wins, there will be no appeal in Ward vs GGG anymore either, though I favor Ward a bit against Golovkin, I favor Kovalev over Ward though. 

* Edited at 05.19.2016, 9:44 PM ET *

OutlawJoseyWales
OutlawJoseyWales
  • Predictions:  10,186  |  59.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1,392
  • Post Score: -147

05.20.2016 | 4:19 PM ET

I'm going to laugh really hard if McGregor fights Mayweather in vegas and then  DW sees what a fool he has been in promoting this guy and finding out he has been USED VERY BADLY.

* Edited at 05.20.2016, 4:19 PM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 1 year, 7 months, 4 days, 1 hour, and 19 minutes from now.
rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,490  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

05.21.2016 | 8:38 AM ET

Yes, Dana would be kicking himself.

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

hdmexiqtioner
hdmexiqtioner

05.28.2016 | 10:38 PM ET

This ref saddens and enrages me. 

hdmexiqtioner
hdmexiqtioner

06.15.2016 | 2:42 AM ET

Might be "Late" for this, but I hope this video I made does some justice to the man that had impacted the world. Here is my video for Muhammad Ali.

Legz
Legz
  • Predictions:  21,595  |  78.2%
  • Forum Posts:  3,169
  • Post Score: 261

07.11.2016 | 2:48 PM ET

According to his Instagram Fabio Maldonaldo might be fighting Kharitonov in a boxing match.

"This is Shooto!"

Page 66

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Exclusive: Jamahal Hill Brutally Honest On UFC 300 Regrets, Who Should Be Next For Alex Pereira
  • MMA Mania : PFL MENA Inaugural Event Set For May 10 In Riyadh
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive – Jamahal Hill Talks ‘Crazy’ BMF Title Clash at UFC 300, Comments on Ryan Garcia’s Epic Troll Job
  • MMA Junkie : Michael Bisping warns Michael Chandler not to underestimate Conor McGregor: 'Can't be drunk on your own ego'
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘What goes around comes around’: Prograis says karma caught up to Haney in Garcia fight
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘What goes around comes around’: Regis Prograis says karma caught up to Devin Haney
  • MMA Mania : ‘Stop Running!’ Vieira Claims Harrison Declined UFC 303 Fight Offer
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Jamahal Hill On Fighting Khalil Rountree So Soon At UFC 303, Rejecting A Main Event
  • MMA Junkie : Karine Silva explains how fast UFC rise was actually deceivingly long
  • MMA Junkie : Marlon Vera calls out Petr Yan for November showdown after he previously 'declined,' Yan fires back
  • MMA Mania : VIDEO: Strongman Hall Breaks Pereira Punch Record ... Kind Of
  • MMAFighting.com : Coach Rafael Cordeiro: Beneil Dariush took time off after repeated head trauma in 2023
  • UFC.com : It’s Not Just Winning For Victor Henry, It’s How He Wins
  • MMA Junkie : Title or not, Jamahal Hill says Alex Pereira rematch has to happen
  • MMA Mania : Video: Hill Praises Pereira’s ‘Gritty’ UFC 300 Ref Block
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch Mike Perry, Thiago Alves engage in tense faceoff ahead of BKFC KnuckleMania IV showdown
  • MMA Junkie : Video: BKFC KnuckleMania 4 press conference faceoffs featuring UFC vets Mike Perry, Thiago Alves
  • MMA Junkie : Uros Medic: 'Somebody is going to get oiled up' if I get snubbed of bonus at UFC on ESPN 55
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC Louisville announced with 13 fights already booked for the card
  • MMA Junkie : Jose Aldo hopes Conor McGregor 'of old' shows up vs. Michael Chandler at UFC 303