Topic: Other Combat Sports

Tapology Talks Boxing

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

hdmexiqtioner
hdmexiqtioner
  • Predictions:  9,964  |  57.9%
  • Forum Posts:  5,398
  • Post Score: 283

09.08.2012 | 11:54 PM ET

I am surprised that no one has started this thread yet.

I know this is an MMA website but I bet that there are some Boxing Fans out there.

I just love the sport of fighting in general and I have been raised by boxing.

So in this Thread we can discuss the "Sweet Science"

such as
Past Fights
Upcoming Events
Favorite Fighters
and Historical Figures in the Sport

Because like MMA in the US, Boxing started out illegal. But where it took MMA less than 25 years to gain the General populations approval, It took boxing over 100 years.

Discuss and have fun.

"Don't argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." - Bark Twain

Responses

The Rock
The Rock
  • Predictions:  53  |  52.8%
  • Forum Posts:  181
  • Post Score: 295

09.08.2012 | 11:55 PM ET

Ward inspired.

"Finally.. The ROCK Has Comeback to... TAPOLOGY!"

Swickotine
Swickotine
  • Predictions:  18,124  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  11,851
  • Post Score: 223

09.08.2012 | 11:56 PM ET

Obviously the big news right now is the great performance by Ward...and Dawson having his 'No Mas' moment.

"I'm bi-polar...nice jab, mean hook."

hdmexiqtioner
hdmexiqtioner

09.08.2012 | 11:57 PM ET

tonight for the Dawson vs Ward Fight I feel that it was a showing of complete dominance by Andre Ward. Clean punches, great footwork, striking from a verity of angles, and keen strategy. and Chad Dawson is no push over.

But Andre made him look like one.

Big Props to the Olympic Gold Metal Winner, Winner of the Super 6 World Boxing Classic, and holder of the WBA and WBC Belts.

"Don't argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." - Bark Twain

Lopati
Lopati
  • Predictions:  18,574  |  61.4%
  • Forum Posts:  13,352
  • Post Score: 179

09.08.2012 | 11:57 PM ET

WARD tuned him the **** up.

"One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. If one were to present the sportsman with the death of the animal as a gift he would refuse it." Jose Ortega y Gasset

ProdigyKid14
ProdigyKid14
  • Predictions:  8,848  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,902
  • Post Score: 195

09.08.2012 | 11:58 PM ET

I thought Dawson could have taken either of the first two rounds. After that he had absolutely nothing. Ward looked awesome.

And why the **** was Nick Cannon there.

"I fight em all. Men, women, children, ******** people, it doesn't matter. If you hit me, we're gonna fight. -Charles Bennett"

hdmexiqtioner
hdmexiqtioner

09.08.2012 | 11:58 PM ET

it is Ward inspired

but then again i was surprised that no one started one after a Pacquiao or Mayweather fight.

but hey good time to start then any.

hdmexiqtioner
hdmexiqtioner

09.09.2012 | 12:01 AM ET

His announcing was terrible, everything was slow and no emotion. he even messed up in ring announcing (weight classes and announcing order)

definatly far from a Michael Buffer (Bruce's Half Brother i believe) or Jimmy Lennon Jr (yes he is the same guy that calls Strikeforce cards) 

kallousklown
kallousklown
  • Predictions:  24,203  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  10,967
  • Post Score: 177

09.09.2012 | 1:13 AM ET

This was going to be my second boxing event but I eventually ended up changing my mind. Props to Ward though.

"Are we gonna jump, or we just gonna jerk each other off?"

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

09.09.2012 | 9:17 AM ET

Just watched the Dawson/Ward highlights, damn Andre Ward is a beast.

Who are your favorite boxers Tapology?

"الله أكبرl"

hdmexiqtioner
hdmexiqtioner

09.09.2012 | 1:19 PM ET

These are some of my favorite Boxers and moments, who are your favorite Fighters and Fights? 

AnAlias
AnAlias
  • Predictions:  7,888  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  8,737
  • Post Score: 246

09.09.2012 | 1:39 PM ET

I love me some good boxing.  I don't follow it quite how I follow MMA, but I do love learning about the history of the sport, and I always catch the big fights when they come around. 

The Ali, Fraizer and Forman fights back in the day are some of my favorites.  Some other boxers who's careers I've followed include De La Hoya, Pacquiao, Mosley, Leonard, Hearns, Hagler, Mayweather, Ward, Gatti.....I could sit here listing for a while.

Like many, I grew up in a time where Tyson was considered the most dangerous thing in existence.  So I'm naturally a big fan of his.  I made a playlist on youtube that includes every single one of his recorded professional fights.  You can check that out here if you like.

I know I've posted this video a couple of times on this site, but I might as well post it here as well. 

hdmexiqtioner
hdmexiqtioner

09.09.2012 | 1:53 PM ET

Mike Tyson is cool. I met him once when i was in vegas. he is really down to earth now.

but i wont **** with him anytime soon.

he lost a lot of weight since his documentary came out. (which was a great doc and everyone should watch)

MadMikeXD
MadMikeXD

09.09.2012 | 2:14 PM ET

I would like to get into boxing.Right now I'm an extremely casual fan.I was just wondering if anyone has any info they would be willing to share with me.Right now I know very few active fighters like the Klitschko brothers,Mayweather,Ward,Pacquiao and a few more that I can't think of.I would also like to learn history.Right now I know and have seen fights from these past boxers Ali,Tyson,Foreman,Frazier,Jones Jr,De La Hoya,Marciano,Louis,Robinson,Chavez and probably a few more.

Could anyone help me become a boxing fan?I'm very interested in learning about boxing.Also where do I watch current boxing?I think you need HBO.
hdmexiqtioner
hdmexiqtioner

09.09.2012 | 2:19 PM ET

HBO Boxing, ShoTime, ESPN Friday Night Fights.

here is a fight that will make you a fan

hdmexiqtioner
hdmexiqtioner

09.09.2012 | 2:21 PM ET

Here is a fight that people will like

MadMikeXD
MadMikeXD

09.09.2012 | 2:40 PM ET

Thanks HD post it and I'll watch it and thumbs you up man.
hdmexiqtioner
hdmexiqtioner

09.09.2012 | 2:42 PM ET

I have met Tommy Hearns. He is a bad ass mo fo. here is another fight of the year

MadMikeXD
MadMikeXD

09.09.2012 | 2:44 PM ET

I actually saw that after hearing Rogan talk about it.Amazing fight.
hdmexiqtioner
hdmexiqtioner

09.09.2012 | 2:47 PM ET

One of the great Slobber Knockers ever!

1976 Fight of the Year

Featuring one of my favorites, BIG GEORGE FOREMAN

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,254  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,483
  • Post Score: 203

09.09.2012 | 2:52 PM ET

I love boxing, actually I've been into boxing longer than I have MMA! I have alot of favorite boxers, but someone in contention for my all time favorite is Diego Corrales! This come from behind victory against Jose Luis Castillo is a thing of beauty. 

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : ADXC 4: Ffion Davies And Morgan Black Face Each Other In The Grappling Co-Main Event
  • Jits Magazine : Stacked Tournaments Confirmed For Midwest Finishers 18
  • MMAFighting.com : PFL 3 Results: Koreshkov vs. Umalatov
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: ‘I Decide Who, When, And Where’
  • MMA Mania : Muhammad Goes Off On Edwards And ‘Fakest Team I’ve Ever Seen’
  • MMA Junkie : Ryan Garcia has skill set to compete with Devin Haney. Does he have mindset?
  • MMAFighting.com : Max Holloway mocks Ilia Topuria’s demands for potential fight; Topuria responds
  • MMA Junkie : Henry Cejudo: Bo Nickal needs to hold his horses, 'maybe 10 fights away from possibly becoming UFC champion'
  • MMA Mania : Frenemies? ‘I Hate To See A Fighter Lose His Confidence’
  • MMA Junkie : 2024 PFL 3 weigh-in results: Welterweights, featherweights set in Chicago
  • MMA Mania : ‘When I Was Your Age, I Already Had Title Defenses, Buddy’
  • MMAFighting.com : Haney vs. Garcia fight card
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Belal Muhammad Claims He ‘Hates Leon Edwards’ Guts,’ Hopes To Dethrone The Welterweight King In Manchester
  • Middle Easy : Jorge Masvidal Says He’s ‘Definitely’ Returning To UFC, Wants Logan Paul Or Floyd Mayweather Jr In Boxing After Nate Diaz
  • Middle Easy : Daniel Cormier Suggests Herb Dean Played a Part in Jamahal Hill’s UFC 300 Loss, ‘Big’ John McCarthy Responds
  • MMA Junkie : Max Holloway responds to the 'un-BMF' demands from UFC champ Ilia Topuria
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘You will be exposed on Saturday night if you are not ready’: Eddie Hearn says things about to get real for Ryan Garcia
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘You will be exposed on Saturday night if you are not ready’: Hearn says things about to get real for Garcia
  • MMA Mania : PFL Chicago Weigh Ins Results, Staredowns!
  • MMAFighting.com : Video: Relive every win of Conor McGregor’s epic UFC career