Topic: Henderson vs. Diaz

Henderson vs. Diaz

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,704  |  73.8%
  • Forum Posts:  17,617
  • Post Score: 60

08.15.2012 | 5:11 PM ET

Prediction: correct Henderson   correct Decision  

This is the official discussion thread for Henderson vs. Diaz. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 9

CthulhuJones
CthulhuJones
  • Predictions:  40,133  |  60.1%
  • Forum Posts:  9,674
  • Post Score: 286

11.27.2012 | 10:18 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Diaz   wrong Submission   wrong Round 2  

Nick's striking is better than Nate's. Nate's won one fight by strikes since 2006. 
This user is suspended from posting until 1 year, 5 months, 1 week, 12 hours, and 21 minutes from now.
WishIsHere
WishIsHere
  • Predictions:  24,429  |  64.4%
  • Forum Posts:  7,003
  • Post Score: 232

11.27.2012 | 10:19 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Diaz   wrong Submission   wrong Round 3  

I like Nate because he comes in and fights intelligently. Nick seems to complain too much for my liking and doesn't fight smart at all.

"I bought a Bruno mars cd once - gunn4206"

ProdigyKid14
ProdigyKid14
  • Predictions:  8,848  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,902
  • Post Score: 195

11.27.2012 | 10:21 PM ET

I think Nate is a better striker than his brother. He made Gomi (for what it's worth at this stage of his career) look like a doofus. Nate doesn't finish too many people with his punches, but he often wears guys down with his hands, and locks on a sub when he gets a win. Love both Diaz brothers for the same reason though. Even though Nick is nuts.

"I fight em all. Men, women, children, ******** people, it doesn't matter. If you hit me, we're gonna fight. -Charles Bennett"

Kalibo
Kalibo
  • Predictions:  33,130  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  16,800
  • Post Score: 185

11.27.2012 | 10:22 PM ET

Nick doesn't fight smart?  Nate fights intellegently?  Idk boss.

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved" – Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,407  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,488
  • Post Score: 203

11.27.2012 | 10:23 PM ET

Let's do a little comparison of the two. 

Nick- Finished 10 fights with strikes, some of those over very legitimate strikers and extremely hard to finish guys. 

Nate- Finished 3 fights with strikes, 1 of those being over a recognizable name in Rory Markham. 

Your point is invalid. 

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

ProdigyKid14
ProdigyKid14
  • Predictions:  8,848  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,902
  • Post Score: 195

11.27.2012 | 10:25 PM ET

Does this mean Donald Cerrone has crappy striking because he's finished two fights by KO/TKO?

"I fight em all. Men, women, children, ******** people, it doesn't matter. If you hit me, we're gonna fight. -Charles Bennett"

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD

11.27.2012 | 10:27 PM ET

No, did I say Nate Diaz has crap striking? No I didn't. He has great striking, but to say it is better  then Nicks is idiotic. 

* Edited at 11.27.2012, 10:27 PM ET *

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

11.27.2012 | 10:27 PM ET

@CthulhuJones Dan Henderson has won via knockout 3 times in the past 2 years.

I DARE YOU to tell me he's a good technical striker.

Nate's striking is better than Nick's, in technique. Donald Cerrone has 2 KO victories in his career, you wanna tell me that he has bad striking? Foolish, stoppages say absolutely nothing.

@MikeLovesTacos XD Ahhahahahaha, you prove my point exactly. BJ Penn is an ALL-TIME GREAT, Wanderlei Silva is an ALL-TIME GREAT, Nate Diaz is NOT therefore BJ Penn would win.

Wanna know who else is an all-time great? Royce Gracie. Let's see how well he does if you throw him in the octagon again.

Tomorrow, because I'm such a nice guy, I'll educate some of you fools and post a full breakdown of Nick and Nate's striking. You can try to argue after but you won't cause you will have been made to look like a complete idiot.

A lot of people on this site know a lot of ****, but I'm 99% sure that anyone participating in this thread does not know as much about the MMA striking game as I do. You will see MikeLovesTacos, you will see. I look forward to teaching you something about this game we call "mixed martial arts".

* Edited at 11.27.2012, 10:29 PM ET *

"الله أكبرl"

WishIsHere
WishIsHere

11.27.2012 | 10:28 PM ET

@Kalibo Did you see the Condit fight? Condit was outstriking Nick and circling out to avoid the cage. Nick made 0 adjustments. Nick decided to stand with Paul Daley and what do you know he almost gets KOed when he could have just subbed him in 30 seconds. Nick isn't a smart fighter. Michael Johnson is a perfect example of being smart in his last fight against Castillo. He gets caught in the first round, survives, coach tells him what is wrong, makes adjustments, and what do you know he gets the finish about 1:30 later.

GSP is a smart fighter. Diaz plays people at their own game, which generally isn't smart.

Also Nate is smarter than you think. His last fight he dictated almost the entire fight against an amazing fighter in Miller. He controlled Miller even more than Benson, FFS.

* Edited at 11.27.2012, 10:31 PM ET *

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD

11.27.2012 | 10:32 PM ET

Also to those who say Nick Diaz fights stupid or 'isn't smart' then  you clearly can't appreciate good boxing technique. You think he just goes in and swings without reason, no he has combos that are a thing of beauty. 

Two of the best boxers in MMA are KJ Noons and BJ Penn. It would be easy to put them top 5. (Noons was ATLEAST at the time when he fought Nick) and Nick absolutely lit them up. Like no other.

Diaz does play into other peoples strengths ... and he for the most part comes out on top everytime. It works for him. 

* Edited at 11.27.2012, 10:33 PM ET *

Anik
Anik

11.27.2012 | 10:32 PM ET

THERE'S SOME MMA-ATHEMATICS FOR YA!

Nick Diaz is an idiot, he's a better grappler than a boxer but he chooses to box because he's all ghetto n' ****.

"الله أكبرl"

Anik
Anik

11.27.2012 | 10:33 PM ET

@MikeLovesTacos XD Technique and intelligence are two separate entities, why would anyone in their right mind choose to mash them together?

Oh and by the way, I find it very impressive how your examples are with two guys who are a lot smaller than Nick.

* Edited at 11.27.2012, 10:36 PM ET *

"الله أكبرl"

OldNick
OldNick
  • Predictions:  35,079  |  68.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,409
  • Post Score: 322

11.27.2012 | 10:34 PM ET

"Dan Henderson has won via knockout 3 times in the past 2 years. I DARE YOU to tell me he's a good technical striker."

Did I miss someone else bring up Dan Henderson earlier on this thread? I hope so, because I'm starting to think you have more of a crush on him than you do dislike him.

"Nate's striking is better than Nick's, in technique."

Maybe, maybe not.

"Donald Cerrone has 2 KO victories in his career, you wanna tell me that he has bad striking? Foolish, stoppages say absolutely nothing."

What does Cerrone's KO victories have to do with comparing Nick and Nate's striking?

"Ahhahahahaha, you prove my point exactly. BJ Penn is an ALL-TIME GREAT, Wanderlei Silva is an ALL-TIME GREAT, Nate Diaz is NOT therefore BJ Penn would win."

What?

"Wanna know who else is an all-time great? Royce Gracie. Let's see how well he does if you throw him in the octagon again."

He'll probably lose. He's old. What does that have to do with Nick and Nate's striking?

"Tomorrow"

Why not right now?

"because I'm such a nice guy"

False.

"I'll educate some of you fools and post a full breakdown of Nick and Nate's striking."

Change "educate" with "try to convince"

"You can try to argue after but you won't cause you will have been made to look like a complete idiot."

I'm just gonna leave that one alone.

"I am ****y in prediction, confident in preparation, but I am always humble in victory or defeat.”

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD

11.27.2012 | 10:36 PM ET

Anik you have literally no evidence to back what you're saying other then the fact Nate outstruck a guy who had a broken jaw. Quit arguing like you know your **** when your evidence is non existent. 

* Edited at 11.27.2012, 10:39 PM ET *

Kalibo
Kalibo

11.27.2012 | 10:39 PM ET

I may be falling in love w/ @oldnick.. and it's disturbing... b/c he keeps whooping me in the contests.

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved" – Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

WishIsHere
WishIsHere

11.27.2012 | 10:40 PM ET

I never said Nick was worse at boxing than Daley, but Daley has power and pretty good hands. Daley's wrestling on the other hand is horrible. A smart fighter, like GSP, would take it down and do whatever the hell he wants. Diaz would have lost to Daley if his chin wasn't as good as it is. Daley clocked the **** out of him and almost put him out, ergo my point that Diaz isn't a smart fighter and would rather let his opponent dictate the fight, instead of just using his own advantages to win.

Also Nick in the second fight lit Noons up, but the first fight Noons won that without a doubt until the stupid cut made it look like a fluke.

Nick is smart at picking up different aspects of MMA, but when it comes to winning an MMA bout he doesn't maximize his chances of winning, rather he minimizes it. That type of strategy will only get you so far, and Diaz gets away with it because he is more talented than most MMA fighters and he hasn't had to face a wrestler in years...literally.

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD

11.27.2012 | 10:40 PM ET

Lets get back to topic here, we figured out Anik is wrong. Now back on point. 

Bendo via 5 round ass whoopin' maybe even some more suplexes. 

Anik
Anik

11.27.2012 | 10:41 PM ET

@OldNick "What does Cerrone's KO victories have to do with comparing Nick and Nate's striking?"

Cthulu argues that Nick is better than Nate at striking because Nick has more stoppage victories. Bringing up Cerrone's amount of KO victories is an example of excellence in striking without having stoppages.

"What?"

That sentence was exactly was Mike was implying in his post.

"He'll probably lose. He's old. What does that have to do with Nick and Nate's striking?"

But he's an all-time great. BJ Penn is an all-time great. He'd lose against Nate because he's past his prime, but people refuse to believe that BJ has aged.

"Why not right now?"

Because I'm tired as ****.

"False."

You're one to talk. Weren't you going to South America or some ****?

"Change "educate" with "try to convince""

No. I'm gonna teach 'em, not try to convince them. I don't care what Mike thinks, I'm just gonna try to enlighten him. Why? "Because I'm such a nice guy".

"I'm just gonna leave that one alone."

Try again.

"الله أكبرl"

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD

11.27.2012 | 10:42 PM ET

Kalibo
Kalibo

11.27.2012 | 10:42 PM ET

You're losing @Anik... that didn't make a lot of sense. 

Page 9

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : ‘Yeah, It’s Way Over 20 Million’
  • MMA Mania : Sooo ... About Last Night
  • Jits Magazine : Flavio Almeida Promoted To 6th Degree BJJ Black Belt
  • Jits Magazine : ADCC Asia And Oceania Trials 2024 Full Results And Review
  • MMAFighting.com : Vasiliy Lomachenko vs. George Kambosos full fight video highlights
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC St. Louis post-fight show: Reaction to Lewis’ big finish, Buckley’s win and McGregor callout
  • Bad Left Hook : Vasiliy Lomachenko stops George Kambosos to win IBF belt
  • MMA Mania : Liver Shot KO! Lomachenko Styles On Kambosos For Masterclass Win
  • MMA Mania : ‘Is This Guy For Real?!?’
  • MMA Junkie : Dana White praises Joaquin Buckley's UFC on ESPN 56 win, but shuts down his Conor McGregor request
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch Lomachenko vs. Kambosos ring announcer completely bungle co-main event fight result
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch ring announcer completely bungle fight result for Lomachenko vs. Kambosos co-main event
  • Bad Left Hook : Lomachenko vs Kambosos: Live updates and results
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 2024 post-fight bonus winners: Inside the numbers
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 56 bonuses: 12-second winner is a $50K no-brainer
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC St. Louis bonuses: Trey Waters, Billy Goff take home Fight of the Night following epic war
  • MMA Mania : OUCH! Rebecki Shares Photo Of His Mangled Face
  • MMA Mania : Bonuses! ‘Black Jag’ Banks $50K For 12 Seconds Of Work
  • UFC.com : Bonus Coverage | UFC St. Louis
  • MMAFighting.com : ‘Balls got hot again’: Pros react to Derrick Lewis knocking out Rodrigo Nascimento at UFC St. Louis