Topic: Henderson vs. Diaz

Henderson vs. Diaz

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,686  |  73.8%
  • Forum Posts:  17,602
  • Post Score: 60

08.15.2012 | 5:11 PM ET

Prediction: correct Henderson   correct Decision  

This is the official discussion thread for Henderson vs. Diaz. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 8

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess
  • Predictions:  301  |  69.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,093
  • Post Score: 47

11.27.2012 | 8:41 PM ET

I'm afraid I started this tangent.  Didn't intend to hijack a great thread.  I just said that after Nate loses to Benson, I wished he were matched with Diego so he could lose again to the Diaz Slayer.

I'm not trolling.  I'm trying to pull you guys into an interesting and entertaining conversation.  I really don't see how Nate would do all those things to Diego.  

Nate lost to Joe Stevenson and Clay Guida, both of whom lost to Diego!!  Nate also lost to Maynard.  Nate's Achilles Heal is good wrestlers.

"Love God, live with honor, keep your agreements."

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

11.27.2012 | 9:08 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Diaz   wrong Submission   wrong Round 2  

Jim Miller is a pretty freaking good wrestler too, look how that worked out.

Wanna see some MMA-athematics? Diego Sanchez lost to BJ Penn who lost to Jens Pulver who lost to Takanori Gomi who lost to...Nate Diaz. Therefore Diego Sanchez would lose to Nate Diaz. Very logical.

Nate won't lose to Benson Henderson. Why? Because Benson Henderson is awful, that's why.

"الله أكبرl"

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

11.27.2012 | 9:11 PM ET

The house begs to differ.  56-44.  And after Benson squeaks out a razor-thin split decision over Nate, I won't say I told you so.  That's a promise.  I won't need to because I just did.

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

11.27.2012 | 9:15 PM ET

You bring up BJ Penn, Anik.  I would love to see Nate scrap with BJ.  BJ lost to Nick but he would make Nate his *****.

Stir, stir, stir.  Not trolling, just stirring.  Gotta keep the ****pot piping hot.

Anik
Anik

11.27.2012 | 9:17 PM ET

The house has plenty of idiots. The exact number? 56% my friend.
The only way Benson beats Nate Diaz is if he's gifted a win by the judges, just like he was when he faced Frankie Edgar who I believe can be legally considered a dwarf. Benson couldn't fight out of a cardboard box, he will be disposed of easily.

Throwing out the trash.

"الله أكبرl"

Anik
Anik

11.27.2012 | 9:18 PM ET

Wait.

BJ Penn lost to Nick.

Nate is better than Nick.

BJ would make Nate his *****.

Huuuuuuuuuuuuh? I'm so...confused...

BJ Penn wouldn't be able to beat Joseph Benafreakinvidez let alone Nate Diaz.

"الله أكبرl"

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

11.27.2012 | 9:24 PM ET

Do you say what I thought you said?  That Nate is better than Nick???  Where in the world, how in the world do you EVER come up with this unjustified speculation.  Nick is stronger, has faced by far the better fighters, has a much better record against much better guys?

I'm so confused.  BJ may be over-the-hill washed up, but he would still take Nate out, probably by KO.  BJ has the heavier hands, the better jits, and Nate wouldn't have the survival instincts to stay out of the pocket.  He would wade in and get knocked the hell out, just like Matt Hughes.

Nate has all the tools to beat Penn, but he lacks the common sense to stay away.  He never learned when wisdom dictates one back off.  Nate has more guts and chutzpah than brains.  

Stir, stir, stir.  Keep the ****pot boiling.  When it's cookin', it's cookin'.

* Edited at 11.27.2012, 9:26 PM ET *

legacyofmisfortune
legacyofmisfortune
  • Predictions:  14,159  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,349
  • Post Score: 240

11.27.2012 | 9:35 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Diaz   wrong Submission   wrong Round 3  

Henderson is very well rounded but he doesn't excels at anything he won the fights against Edgar because of his size advantage, (not saying is the only reason) to me Frankie fought better but didn't do much damage  and the judges decided to give Henderson the fights, it will be a very different story against Nate, he is  a far better striker tha Henderson, he has a great reach advantage, and he is even better at BJJ I say Henderson is in a world of trouble, he only thing he has going against Nate is wrestling and yes,  I know Nate weaknes is good wrestlers, but just as @Anik said Jim is  a very good ******* wrestler and we all know how that ended. the Nate that lost against Stevenson/Guida is not the same fighter that will fight Ben,  by the time he fought against Maynard one could see Nate's improvement against wrestlers and he has gotten better since. I say Nate includes Henderson in  his ***** list alongside Donald and Jim.

@Bill I would love to watch Diaz fight Sanchez, FOTN right there

"he is going to the hospital, and im going to the after party, ha ha ha" Nate Diaz

lbj6
lbj6
  • Predictions:  3,615  |  61.5%
  • Forum Posts:  2,025
  • Post Score: 210

11.27.2012 | 9:39 PM ET

this is a tough fight to call in my opinion. bendo is tough and so is nate. i feel like ben has a tendency to get caught in submission attempts, and you do NOT wanna do that against nate.  that dude's ground game is straight up vicious. i'm sooooo pumped for this fight card!

"get outta my face man! i gotta go get drunk"-Rampage

Anik
Anik

11.27.2012 | 9:41 PM ET

Whoa wait whhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaat did you just say? Nick Diaz has the most padded record in all of mixed martial arts, the guy hasn't beaten a bad style matchup in..ever actually. He's lost to every wrestler ever put in front of him. Nate Diaz choked out the last wrestler he faced and it was an elite NCAA Divison I dropout who was considered the best grappler in the division.

Nick Diaz beat BJ Penn...who sucks at welterweight. Like really, BJ Penn is an awful welterweight. If he was only a welterweight and his name wasn't BJ Penn, he should've been cut.

BJ Penn has heavier hands maybe, but how did that work out against Nick Diaz? Nate Diaz is Nick Diaz but with a brain and takedown defense. You live in the past way too much Bill, you keep bringing up these awful hasbeens like BJ Penn or Diego Sanchez, guys who couldn't beat children in fights.

You bring up Matt Hughes, yet ANOTHER past-his-prime crappy fighter. Now, BJ Penn and Matt Hughes are bad fighters at welterweight. They may have been good in the past (not BJ at welterweight but at lightweight) but times have changed.

Saying Nate Diaz has no brains in the post where you're referring to Nick Diaz is stupid on so many levels.

I like you Bill, we took on all of Tapology when the Fitch hate was at its peak. But I just cannot approve of the stupidity that you're typing. Stir the pot all you want but don't make absurd claims.

Now back on topic, Benson Henderson would lose to Ronda Rousey let alone Nate Diaz.

"الله أكبرl"

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,395  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,487
  • Post Score: 203

11.27.2012 | 9:44 PM ET

@Anik Do you like ... hate BJ Penn? 

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

Kalibo
Kalibo
  • Predictions:  33,130  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  16,800
  • Post Score: 185

11.27.2012 | 9:46 PM ET

I think he just likes to cause a raucous.

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved" – Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD

11.27.2012 | 9:47 PM ET

I think Penn would handle Nate Diaz. I mean get over it, Diaz outstruck a Donald Cerrone who pretty much had a broken ******* jaw due to being kicked in the face by a horse. He didn't beat a 100% Cerrone.

What would Nate do, outstrike BJ Penn? No, sure Nick did. But Nick is BY FAR the best striker of the two and if you say otherwise you are wrong. Submit BJ? Hell ******* no. Take BJ down? LOL. 

Nate Diaz has literally nothing to offer Benson Henderson.

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD

11.27.2012 | 9:51 PM ET

I bet BJ won't let this happen to him when he faces Rory..

Kalibo
Kalibo

11.27.2012 | 9:52 PM ET

I agree w/ you @mike.. 100%.  And Nick didn't outstrike him by that much... just enough.  And the Cowboy thing is 100% on as well... not to mention that idiotic hand shake agreement for Cerrone not to take him down or follow him down.

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved" – Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD

11.27.2012 | 9:52 PM ET

OH **** and what do you know! Nate Diaz just so happens to be up against a ridiculously strong guy in his next fight. We may see Diaz being suplexed again! 

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD

11.27.2012 | 9:53 PM ET

I'm one of those rare people ... really could care less about Nate Diaz ... But I love me some Nick Diaz. 

Kalibo
Kalibo

11.27.2012 | 10:07 PM ET

I agree @mike... Nick will fight anyone under any circumstance.. that whole non-wrestling agreement threw me for a loop w/ Nate. 

Anik
Anik

11.27.2012 | 10:12 PM ET

That's not rare, that's the majority of people actually ***. I think I'm the only person on the site who doesn't care at all about Nick but is a huge fan of Nate (Wish might be another, but I don't know if he's a Nick Diaz fan or not).

@MikeLovesTacos XD Nick is a better striker than Nate? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA ok there buddy there's no point in arguing with you 'cause you're always wrong. I'm happy you're going for Benson, 'cause now it might as well be a lock. Nate's winning. I don't have time to breakdown Nate's striking versus Nick's striking and I ESPECIALLY don't have time to break it down for you from all people.

I don't hate BJ Penn. I just think there are way too many ****riding ***s on the online MMA community who love him way too much, BJ IS OVERRATED. DUDE'S RECORD AT WELTERWEIGHT IS WORSE THAN WANDERLEI'S (ya I know, I thought it was impossible too).

BJ Penn is awful. Nick Diaz is awful. Get your head out of your asses. When BJ Penn beats a legitimate fighter at welterweight, I'll take it all back. When Nick Diaz beats a legitimate fighter at welterweight, I'll take it all back.

Until then, keep on riding those *****.

"الله أكبرl"

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD

11.27.2012 | 10:16 PM ET

Difference is Wanderlei is arguably the greatest Light Heavyweight ever, period. I bet you won't see Nate Diaz in any 'Greatest ever' rankings anytime soon. Your logic is extremely flawed and laughable and quite frankly I see no reason to read past 'BJ Penn is awful' because that is just an idiotic statement. 

Also, I'm not the only person picking Bendo, so is everyone else with some common sense. 

* Edited at 11.27.2012, 10:20 PM ET *

Page 8

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Diego Ferreira vs. Mateusz Rebecki prediction, pick, start time, odds for UFC on ESPN 56
  • MMAFighting.com : Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson tickets include wild $2 million MVP package
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! Lomachenko Vs. Kambosos Results & Play-By-Play!
  • Middle Easy : Dana White Got Careless FedEx Employee Fired After Video Went Viral
  • MMA Junkie : Alonzo Menifield vs. Carlos Ulberg prediction, pick, start time, odds for UFC on ESPN 56
  • Middle Easy : Conor McGregor Ordered By Irish High Court To Disclose Profits From Proper No. 12 Whiskey Deal
  • MMAFighting.com : Vasiliy Lomachenko vs. George Kambosos start time, fight card, TV schedule, ring walks
  • MMA Junkie : Joaquin Buckley vs. Nursulton Ruziboev prediction, pick, start time, odds for UFC on ESPN 56
  • MMA Mania : UFC St. Louis Start time, Full Fight Card Details
  • Bad Left Hook : Tyson Fury shows off ready physique ahead of Usyk fight
  • MMAFighting.com : Rampage Jackson believes Stipe Miocic beats Jon Jones: ‘I just feel like he might not have a chin’
  • MMA Mania : Chaos! Misfits Weigh-In Ends With Surprise Slap, Melee
  • MMA Junkie : Derrick Lewis vs. Rodrigo Nascimento prediction, pick: Will 'The Black Beast' add to his knockout record?
  • UFC.com : Prelim Results | UFC St. Louis
  • UFC.com : Main Card Results | UFC St. Louis
  • UFC.com : Official Scorecards | UFC St. Louis
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC St. Louis predictions
  • MMA Mania : Good Morning! Australian Fighter Left Motionless After Violent KO
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 56 predictions: Can Rodrigo Nascimento topple Derrick Lewis in St. Louis?
  • MMA Junkie : Derrick Lewis’ all-time best UFC octagon interview moments