Topic: Henderson vs. Diaz

Henderson vs. Diaz

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,704  |  73.8%
  • Forum Posts:  17,617
  • Post Score: 60

08.15.2012 | 5:11 PM ET

Prediction: correct Henderson   correct Decision  

This is the official discussion thread for Henderson vs. Diaz. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 7

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess
  • Predictions:  301  |  69.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,093
  • Post Score: 47

11.26.2012 | 10:57 PM ET

Uh no.  Have to disagree with you on both counts.  Diego is the better wrestler, but Nate has better jits.  But wrestling often trumps ju-jitsu.  And Nate doesn't have better striking.  Did you see Diego against Clay Guida.  Nate might have a reach advantage, longer range, but he is not explosive with his hands.  He depends on volume pitter-patter, with high volume, low impact style.

Diego likes to brawl.

"Love God, live with honor, keep your agreements."

Dela Riva
Dela Riva
  • Predictions:  660  |  58.9%
  • Forum Posts:  405
  • Post Score: 130

11.26.2012 | 11:00 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Diaz   wrong Submission   wrong Round 2  

Are you kidding, do you actually believe Sanchez has better striking than Nate Diaz? Please, can you honestly say that without bias?
WishIsHere
WishIsHere
  • Predictions:  24,429  |  64.4%
  • Forum Posts:  7,003
  • Post Score: 232

11.26.2012 | 11:03 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Diaz   wrong Submission   wrong Round 3  

^^^He already stated he's stirring the pot.

"I bought a Bruno mars cd once - gunn4206"

Dela Riva
Dela Riva
  • Predictions:  660  |  58.9%
  • Forum Posts:  405
  • Post Score: 130

11.26.2012 | 11:05 PM ET

I guess I was lazy and didnt read beforehand.

Nevermore, nevermore.
CthulhuJones
CthulhuJones
  • Predictions:  40,133  |  60.1%
  • Forum Posts:  9,674
  • Post Score: 286

11.26.2012 | 11:21 PM ET

Won't matter when Gomi fireballs Diego in the face. Pot stirring, me likey.
This user is suspended from posting until 1 year, 5 months, 1 week, 16 hours, and 47 minutes from now.
Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

11.27.2012 | 3:17 AM ET

Has a fight been announced for Diego and Gomi?  I must have missed it.

Just looked it up.  Should be a good fight.  But I'd rather see Diego scrap with Nate.  Would be even more interesting.

Just stirring the **** pot.  But it would be interesting, too.

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

11.27.2012 | 3:33 AM ET

You guys.  If I hadn't seen the Diaz brothers, from your descriptions, I'd visualize a massive bruiser, instead of skinny kids with long, lean arms.  I'd think they delivered bombs like Shane Carwin, Rumble Johnson or Phil Baroni.

Their boxing coach has trained them to engage in high volume, low impact exchanges.  Their punches are half-strength, which allows them to hit more times.  By not blowing out their gas tanks, the blood doesn't rush to their muscles, and tighten up.  

But at the same time, they do not have 1-punch KO power.  They deliberately under-throw their punches, almost pulling their punches.  But their long arms have wide wingspan and have good leverage.  Good hooks.  But they also throw slow.  

Diego believes in throwing faster, harder punches.  But he also lacks 1-punch KO power.  But his purpose is to use his combinations to knock you down, so he can jump on you and use his top-game and rain punches down on a disadvantaged fighter on his back.

* Edited at 11.27.2012, 3:51 AM ET *

CthulhuJones
CthulhuJones

11.27.2012 | 4:24 AM ET

You mess around and drop your hands and Nick will knock you smooth the **** out. The Robbie Lawler fight is just one example. He put Daley out with ground and pound after dropping him with a right similar to that. Zaromskis and Thomas Denny both got battered for a while and eventually put out with a stiff punch. The level of competition is obviously different with Diego Sanchez, but Nick at least has the ability to knock people out. I think up to this point in their careers Nate relies more on his jiu jitsu because he's more level headed than Nick and realizes that's his strongest weapon. Nate's boxing has come a long way since his early fights in the UFC though. Diego might have a really bad time if he knocked Nate down and jumped into his guard in an attempt to finish the fight. That's a dangerous guard.
This user is suspended from posting until 1 year, 5 months, 1 week, 16 hours, and 47 minutes from now.
JudoRandori
JudoRandori

11.27.2012 | 1:45 PM ET

Mule, yes, I know which Neanderthal it is, their parents didn't help by giving them both names that have four letter nicknames that begin with N.

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

11.27.2012 | 2:02 PM ET

@Bill Burgess Nate Diaz would wreck Diego Sanchez but I think Diego would beat Nick.

Nate's wrestling defense is better than Nick's, Nate has better jiu-jitsu than Diego and Nick (MMA though, I'm sure Nick would destroy Nate in a grappling-only contest), Nate has better boxing than Diego AND Nick and Nate has a better clinch game than Diego and Nick.

I don't see how Diego would beat Nate.

"الله أكبرl"

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

11.27.2012 | 2:30 PM ET

Does Nate have better striking than Diego Sanchez?  The easiest question I could be asked.  I HAVE NO IDEA, AND SERIOUSLY THINK NO ONE ELSE HERE DOES EITHER.

But wouldn't it be fun to all find out together?

Diego is not a stupid fighter.  He knows all about Nate's jits.  He would not jump into his guard.  He is always carefull to stay on his feet, bend down, and throw hard punches to guys on their backs.  He would give Nate no chance to wrap his long legs around his waist.  Diego eats some up-kicks but seldom gets down on a guy unless he knows the opponent's jits are not that great.  

In his immortal fight with Nick, Diego stayed out of Nick's guard and that resulted in endless scrambles, like 2 chimps fighting in lightning-fast mode.  Nick never had the chance to lock his legs around Diego.

Diego is relentless but that does not translate into stupidman.

* Edited at 11.27.2012, 2:33 PM ET *

Franklin880088
Franklin880088
  • Predictions:  1,570  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,452
  • Post Score: 120

11.27.2012 | 4:01 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Diaz   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 4  

@Bill what?

Okay I want to make this clear. Nate is a better striker then Deigo. Technically it not even close. nate is much more technical and simply better. However Diego should and would have zero fear of nate guard. Not sure why people I thinking diego would need to keep it standing because that an awful idea. In fact he should do everything in his power not to make this a standup fight.  Diego couldand would out grapple Nate. Diego is one of the best grappler in MMA. Nate would not sub him. I dont think anyone will sub Diego in the UFC. The dude has extremely legit Jujustu. If he made it a grappling match with nate he would win clear out. he have top control the entire fight. Similar to when he fought his brother.  

Insanity to think Diego best move is to keep this fight standing. His best move is to make this all out transition match/grappling. 

"here I come to save the day"

amp112
amp112
  • Predictions:  37,156  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  5,588
  • Post Score: 208

11.27.2012 | 7:18 PM ET

Nate is one of those few fighters that can win a technical stand up battle as well as an all out war. Diego is a brawler, but I don't see him beating Nate either way. Diego is definitely the better grappler.
Anik
Anik

11.27.2012 | 8:11 PM ET

@Franklin880088 Diego is not the better MMA grappler and I have proof.

Black belt in Gaidojutsu.

Nate would easily dispose of Diego Sanchez. Diego is a reckless fighter and has no respect for anyone in his fights, that's what makes him so awesome but that's what cost him so much.

"الله أكبرl"

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

11.27.2012 | 8:20 PM ET

@AnikM  No, no, no, my great friend and ally.  Listen.  I love Nate and Nick as much or more than anyone.  Always have.  I feel they have gotten a terrible press unfairly.  But Diego has tools to get the job done against Nate, and Nick.

There is nothing to indicate that Nate would clobber Diego on their feet.  Diego isn't your orthodox fighter.  He can come in, rough Nate up, get out, dirty box him, hold him against the fence, wear him out.

I just don't see where Diego has anything to fear from Nate either on their feet or the ground.  Nate will never make Diego his *****.  

Stir, stir, stir, and repeat.

* Edited at 11.27.2012, 8:22 PM ET *

WishIsHere
WishIsHere
  • Predictions:  24,429  |  64.4%
  • Forum Posts:  7,003
  • Post Score: 232

11.27.2012 | 8:25 PM ET

He's trolling guys....

COME ON, MAN!

"I bought a Bruno mars cd once - gunn4206"

Anik
Anik

11.27.2012 | 8:28 PM ET

Nate Diaz comes in and roughs people up too with his volume style. Only unlike his brother, he can also effectively keep fighters at bay because of his excellent jab. Look at Donald Cerrone vs Nate Diaz, Cerrone went into the pocket to swing at Nate and Nate would just demolish him before Cerrone would get out. Diego Sanchez can't outclinch Nate Diaz, he might be stronger but Nate Diaz has excellent judo from the clinch and his knees in the clinch are pretty good also (demonstrated in his fight vs. Jim Miller). Nate Diaz won't be worn out because his cardio is impeccable.

If they go to the ground, Nate Diaz will outgrapple Diego Sanchez with ease. Nate Diaz did the impossible when he choked out Jim Miller and Jim Miller is a better grappler than Diego Sanchez. Nate Diaz would be able to submit Diego with ease if they went to the ground.

I despise Nick Diaz, he's irrelevant. Nate Diaz and Diego Sanchez are both in my top 10 favorite fighters ever list so there is no bias being shown here, I'm just stating the facts. Nate has better striking, better clinchwork and better jiu-jitsu so there is no way Diego Sanchez could win.

"الله أكبرl"

CthulhuJones
CthulhuJones

11.27.2012 | 8:30 PM ET

Not sure why this conversation is even happening. Diego Sanchez is coming off a loss and Nate Diaz is getting a title shot. Jim Miller is better on the ground than Diego, and Cerrone has better stand up. Nate made both of those guys look fairly amateur at their games.
Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

11.27.2012 | 8:31 PM ET

Trolling is such an ugly word.  Stirring is so much gentler.  Tapology is a kinder, gentler kind of MMA site.

Just trying to stimulate interesting, entertaining discussion.  But even when I stir, I NEVER say anything I don't believe.  Stirring should not be insincere.

poir420
poir420
  • Predictions:  143,346  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  18,232
  • Post Score: 245

11.27.2012 | 8:37 PM ET

I think what this thread needs is a nice Nate Diaz highlight!

"“All of a sudden, he was shooting for a takedown, and I’m like, ‘Oh, you’re a wrestler now? Remember, I’m the black belt in jiu-jitsu. And you’re shooting on me now? This is a wrap." - Nate Diaz"

Page 7

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMAFighting.com : Vasiliy Lomachenko vs. George Kambosos full fight video highlights
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC St. Louis post-fight show: Reaction to Lewis’ big finish, Buckley’s win and McGregor callout
  • Bad Left Hook : Vasiliy Lomachenko stops George Kambosos to win IBF belt
  • MMA Mania : ‘Is This Guy For Real?!?’
  • MMA Junkie : Dana White praises Joaquin Buckley's UFC on ESPN 56 win, but shuts down his Conor McGregor request
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch Lomachenko vs. Kambosos ring announcer completely bungle co-main event fight result
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch ring announcer completely bungle fight result for Lomachenko vs. Kambosos co-main event
  • Bad Left Hook : Lomachenko vs Kambosos: Live updates and results
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 2024 post-fight bonus winners: Inside the numbers
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 56 bonuses: 12-second winner is a $50K no-brainer
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC St. Louis bonuses: Trey Waters, Billy Goff take home Fight of the Night following epic war
  • MMA Mania : OUCH! Rebecki Shares Photo Of His Mangled Face
  • MMA Mania : Bonuses! ‘Black Jag’ Banks $50K For 12 Seconds Of Work
  • UFC.com : Bonus Coverage | UFC St. Louis
  • MMAFighting.com : ‘Balls got hot again’: Pros react to Derrick Lewis knocking out Rodrigo Nascimento at UFC St. Louis
  • MMAFighting.com : Derrick Lewis scores vicious knockout, moons crowd at UFC St. Louis 
  • MMA Mania : Hot Balls Highlights! Lewis Delivers Vicious KO Before Mooning Crowd
  • Middle Easy : Derrick Lewis Pulls Off Epic KO, Then His Shorts In Wild Celebration – UFC St. Louis Results (Highlights)
  • MMA Junkie : Social media reacts to Derrick Lewis' KO of Rodrigo Nascimento, wild celebration at UFC on ESPN 56
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC St. Louis post-fight press conference video