Topic: Henderson vs. Diaz

Henderson vs. Diaz

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,776  |  73.9%
  • Forum Posts:  17,648
  • Post Score: 60

08.15.2012 | 5:11 PM ET

Prediction: correct Henderson   correct Decision  

This is the official discussion thread for Henderson vs. Diaz. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 12

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

12.02.2012 | 7:40 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Diaz   wrong Submission   wrong Round 2  

So the question you're asking is if Diaz is going to fight more like he did in his last fight, a very impressive dominant victory over the elite lightweight gatekeeper or if he's going to fight like he did almost 2 years ago at a division higher than the one he's fighting at against a guy who outweighed him by god know's how much.

Gee, I wonder what the answer is.

"الله أكبرl"

zarog
zarog
  • Predictions:  2,855  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  4,174
  • Post Score: 241

12.02.2012 | 7:40 PM ET

@Del Unfortunately we can say the same for Benson. Is the dude who DOMINATED Bocek and Miller gonna show, or the one that lethargically outpointed Edgar going to?

"Surrender??!! You think this letter on my head stands for France?" - Captain America

Anik
Anik

12.02.2012 | 7:44 PM ET

@zarog not quite, Benson is just not very good and got exposed by Frankie Edgar, the true king of the lightweight division.

"الله أكبرl"

TraeBlack
TraeBlack
  • Predictions:  20,845  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  8,701
  • Post Score: 173

12.02.2012 | 7:46 PM ET

Prediction: correct Henderson   wrong Submission   wrong Round 4  

man i swear, everytime i think about this fight, i get mixed feelings, and change my pick everytime lol

"3HUNNA"

JustynOfOsiris
JustynOfOsiris
  • Predictions:  4,334  |  57.2%
  • Forum Posts:  3,239
  • Post Score: 122

12.02.2012 | 8:00 PM ET

Nate has looked very impressive lately but I don't think he will have any answer to Bendo's wrestling.
Diaz has subs but in my opinion his BJJ is very over rated and also Henderson has shown time and time again that he has incredible sub defense.
I think Bendo takes a UD either 3 rounds to 2 or 4 rounds to 1

"Is reality really realistic?"

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,422  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,488
  • Post Score: 203

12.02.2012 | 8:03 PM ET

I don't think Diaz has underrated JJ, his BJJ is sick. But I don't see him getting a submission on a strong guy like Bendo, and he's also great at JJ. 

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,422  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,488
  • Post Score: 203

12.02.2012 | 8:05 PM ET

I continuously see arguments about Bendo/Edgar STILL! The first fight was Benson, easy. The second was seriously as close to a draw as you can get. I don't see why Bendo gets so much **** for 'losing' to Edgar. 

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

zarog
zarog

12.02.2012 | 8:18 PM ET

@Anik Lol. You're so funny. Benson most certainly does not suck, and Frankie is most certainly not the real champ. Rogan and Dana hug Frankie's nuts so much that fans have started to do the same.

Nate's beaten a grand total of 2 good fighters and 1 supremely athletic, but incredibly stupid fighter. Donald Cerrone, Jim Miller, and Melvin Guillard are his only good wins. I'd say Kurt Pellegrino is a fringe good win, so I guess possibly 4 good wins. Nate Diaz is 9-6 since January 2008 with 2 losses to welterweights (no shame), 2 losses to top 20 lightweights, and a bad loss to Joe Stevenson.

Henderson has good wins in: Jamie Varner, Donald Cerrone X2, Jim Miller, Clay Guida, Frankie Edgar X2 (yes, the second one was ridiculously close, but he still won). Since January 2008, Henderson is 13-1, with his lone loss coming to a top 5 lightweight in Anthony Pettis in a closely contested 5-rounder.

By the way, I don't down vote you on this topic because I know you're just a huge Nate Diaz fan. It's cool.

"Surrender??!! You think this letter on my head stands for France?" - Captain America

dielegende23
dielegende23
  • Predictions:  21,173  |  71.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,907
  • Post Score: 268

12.02.2012 | 8:34 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Diaz   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 3  

Nate is on a roll baby, that belt is going to the 209.

Benson on the other hand isn't the old explosive finisher anymore we once knew from the WEC days. His last 3 fights were all very close and he seemed beatable.

That said I think Benson will be able to win the first 2 rounds, with leg kicks clinch game and maybe even a takedown or two.

But in the 3rd he's going down...what ? what ?

" I feel like Davy Crockett on the walls of the Alamo, swinging Old Betsy as the enemy swarmed in with bayonets. Sheesh. Listen you young punks....." - Bill Burgess

Franklin880088
Franklin880088
  • Predictions:  1,570  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,452
  • Post Score: 120

12.02.2012 | 8:40 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Diaz   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 4  

To be fair to benson. Two of those fights were to edgar the man who beat both Penn and Maynard twice. And I did not think there first fight was all the close.  And Benson dominated guida i dont think that fight was close at all.

"here I come to save the day"

Anik
Anik

12.02.2012 | 8:43 PM ET

@zarog I know you don't downvote me, it's cool.

Benson Henderson would lose against a lot of lightweights, not just Nate Diaz. I'm sure he'd lose to Frankie, Gray Maynard, Clay Guida, Anthony Pettis (ya that crappy fighter, remember him?), Donald Cerrone, Gilbert Melendez, Pat Healy, Eddie Alvarez, Akihiro Gono, Jens Pulver, Michael Chiesa, Dakota Cochrane, Joe Daddy Stevenson, Urijah Faber, Yasuhiro Uru****ani, me, Floyd Mayweather, Eminem, that dwarf from Game of Thrones, Frodo Baggins, A-Rod (all of them), haven, Nicholas Sarkozy, Leonardo Da Vinci, Socrates, Rosa Parks, etc etc.

"الله أكبرl"

Franklin880088
Franklin880088

12.02.2012 | 8:46 PM ET

Rosa Parks line made me physically laugh out loud.

zarog
zarog

12.02.2012 | 8:46 PM ET

Subtract Frankie, Maynard, Guida, Cerrone, Melenedez....Actually, just take out everyone except for Pettis, whom will likely lose to Henderson in a rematch. Also, you must think quite highly of yourself to think you can beat Henderson.

TraeBlack
TraeBlack
  • Predictions:  20,845  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  8,701
  • Post Score: 173

12.02.2012 | 8:47 PM ET

Prediction: correct Henderson   wrong Submission   wrong Round 4  

Pretty sure he beat Cerrone, and Edgar twice already! =D

"3HUNNA"

Anik
Anik

12.02.2012 | 8:50 PM ET

Not at all, I'm awful in the ring actually.

Still got enough skills to beat Mr. Benson Henderson though. He received the most unwarranted title shot ever, he didn't beat any legitimate fighters only a a nobody who should be fighting on RFA cards. Nate Diaz beat one of the most elite fighters on the planet to get his title shot, at least his title shot was fair.

"الله أكبرl"

zarog
zarog

12.02.2012 | 8:52 PM ET

@Anik What are you talking about? Ben and Nate beat the same guy in their 3-fight win streak. Jim Miller was the 2nd for Ben and the 3rd for Nate. Sooooooo........Are you saying Nate shouldn't be getting a title shot?

dielegende23
dielegende23
  • Predictions:  21,173  |  71.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,907
  • Post Score: 268

12.02.2012 | 8:53 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Diaz   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 3  

@Franklin dominated ?

Bendo won but it was close...

And btw if anything of those ^^ two scenarios happen in the fight next weekend, Nate gets the finish !

" I feel like Davy Crockett on the walls of the Alamo, swinging Old Betsy as the enemy swarmed in with bayonets. Sheesh. Listen you young punks....." - Bill Burgess

Anik
Anik

12.02.2012 | 8:57 PM ET

@zarog I'm preeeeeeeetty sure you got your Jim Millers mixed up bud.

The one Nate fought:
The one Benson fought:

Yikes, figured you would know that.

"الله أكبرl"

Franklin880088
Franklin880088

12.02.2012 | 9:00 PM ET

It wasent that close at all. your clips are very misleading. you literally only posted everything guida did. Out fo contect that looks impressive, but it rather sad when taken into context. Your showing less then 30 seconds of a friggin 15 minute fight. I could take clips a numerous one sided fights and make them look "close" by showing the only good things the loser did, with out showing the rest of the fight were he simply got out fought completely.

Bendson not only out grapple guida the entire fight out side the few seconds of footages you showed. And Benson landed more then 3 times as many strikes as Guida.  He out landed Guida in every single round significantly. He also landed almost 4 times as many significant strikes.  it was not a close fight despite how misleading your clips are. it was one sided fight. Yes Guida got dominated much like Couture did against Nog.

* Edited at 12.02.2012, 9:04 PM ET *

zarog
zarog

12.02.2012 | 9:02 PM ET

@Diele Guida had his moments, but I thought he clearly lost a 30-27 decision.

@Anik Lol. Okay, that's just funny. But, it's weird because the guy Nate fought, looks so much like the guy getting brutalized here:

Page 12

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Deiveson Figueiredo vs. Marlon Vera added to UFC Fight Night in Abu Dhabi
  • Bad Left Hook : Taylor vs Catterall 2: Live updates and results, 3:15 pm ET
  • Jits Magazine : Watch Comedian Andrew Schulz Training BJJ And Striking With Sean O’Malley
  • Jits Magazine : Shoya Ishiguro Gets Last-Minute Win In ONE Friday Fights 64 Results
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! Chito Vs. Figgy Heading To Abu Dhabi
  • MMAFighting.com : Jiu-jitsu legend Bia Mesquita set for MMA debut on Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen card
  • MMAFighting.com : Chito Vera vs. Deiveson Figueiredo targeted for UFC Abu Dhabi
  • MMA Mania : Video! Canelo Obliterates Fan With Wicked Body Shot
  • MMA Mania : Garry Vs. MVP Official For UFC 303
  • Middle Easy : ‘There’s A Code,’ Chael Sonnen On His ‘Personal Reasons’ Behind Boxing UFC Op Anderson Silva
  • MMA Junkie : Giga Chikadze: UFC 304 win over Arnold Allen puts me 'back to where I belong' in title picture
  • MMAFighting.com : Alyse Anderson books first fight in more than a year at ONE’s return to U.S.
  • MMA Mania : Ota Replaces Moore, Fights Nuzzi At Bellator Dublin
  • UFC.com : The 10 | Explosive Summer Gets Underway In June
  • MMA Mania : McGregor Vs. Chandler Headed To Dublin!
  • Middle Easy : Jake Paul Won’t Hold Back When He Fights 58 Year-Old Mike Tyson: ‘The Legend Must Fall’
  • UFC.com : Youngest Athletes Currently In The UFC
  • MMAFighting.com : Ariane Carnelossi to undergo surgery for facial bone fracture after UFC Vegas 92 illegal headbutts
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Paige VanZant, Elle Brooke share cheeky face off at MF & DAZN: X Series 15 weigh-ins
  • Bad Left Hook : Okolie demolishes Rozanski in opening round