Topic: UWF 4

Discussion Thread

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

benjaminbrandt
benjaminbrandt
  • Predictions:  18,270  |  65.6%
  • Forum Posts:  15,716
  • Post Score: 229

06.30.2012 | 5:29 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 8 Winners, 3 Perfect, 475 Points   |   Tied for 16th with 9 others

Lots of 99%ers on this card.  Let's hope the Tapology community is right! 

"I have not yet begun to defile myself. "

UWF 4
Bout   Info
Flávio Álvaro   defeats   Rey Trujillo   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Paige VanZant   defeats   Jordan Gaza   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 9:00 Total Bout Page
Lucas Pimenta   defeats   John Malbrough   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Hector Munoz   defeats   An'Twan Williams   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 9:00 Total Bout Page
Roger Narvaez   defeats   Larry Hopkins   via Submission, Armbar   2:39 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Chris Pecero   defeats   Ali Ileiwi   via KO/TKO, Knees and Elbows   2:25 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Jimmy Flick   defeats   Adan de la Garza   via Submission, Arm Triangle Choke   0:54 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Diego Ferreira   defeats   Travonne Hobbs   via Submission, Arm Triangle Choke   1:57 Round 2 of 3, 4:57 Total Bout Page
David Armas   defeats   Kirk Hubble   via KO/TKO, Knee   0:14 Round 3 of 3, 6:14 Total Bout Page
Ray Rodriguez   defeats   Daniel Lucas   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 9:00 Total Bout Page

Responses

TraeBlack
TraeBlack
  • Predictions:  20,832  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  8,700
  • Post Score: 173

06.30.2012 | 5:33 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 8 Winners, 0 Perfect, 300 Points   |   Tied for 99th

I know 2 people fighting on this card. Hector Munoz, and Jordan Gaza. Hope they both win!!

"3HUNNA"

StealingFire
StealingFire
  • Predictions:  171  |  65.5%
  • Forum Posts:  921
  • Post Score: 155

06.30.2012 | 6:02 PM ET

A little background on this event

Last summer, UWF president Oscar Enriquez went to see the movie Warrior (a decent flick if you haven't seen it). Enriquez recognized that 95% of the MMA fighters out there are guys like Brendan Conlon (from the film) who are normal guys struggling to make a living and support their families. They may have big potential but they can only devote so much time and energy to the sport. Lacking the necessary backing and training time/quality, most fighters don't have much chance of getting beyond regional MMA.

But after seeing the film, Enriquez was struck by the idea that the tournament format could take an unknown or unsung fighter and propel him to a shot at the big leagues.  So he devised a 16 man tournament--which later became two 8-man tournaments--with the hope of doing just that. Presumably, he considered attitude and hunger over refined skills when he put together the field of fighters (although he was certainly limited by his own financial deficiencies). The "chosen ones" yielded an interesting array including such names as Chuck Parmelee, Reynaldo Trujillo, Scott Cleve, Flavio Alvaro and Lucas Pimenta.

Sadly, the entire tournament has gone largely unnoticed and has been plagued with injuries and replacements. The original vision is all but lost and it's highly unlikely that any major promotion will even make an offer to either of tonight's champs. In fact, the guys that win might even find themselves set back by their participation in the Tournament of Warriors. But the idea is still sound and I only hope Oscar hasn't been discouraged from undertaking similar initiatives in the future. Because the world needs more "dreamers who DO".

"Prepare for an eternity of me kicking your ass. -Hank Hill"

curtwag84
curtwag84
  • Predictions:  13,940  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  5,695
  • Post Score: 273

06.30.2012 | 10:30 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 8 Winners, 2 Perfect, 325 Points   |   Tied for 95th

these results are coming in pretty quick on sherdog http://www.sherdog.com/events/UWF-Tournament-of-Warriors-Finale-23183

"I'd like to take this chance, to appologize. To absolutely nobody. -Connor McGreGOAT"

Kpro
Kpro
  • Predictions:  11,208  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  4,927
  • Post Score: 255

06.30.2012 | 11:58 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 8 Winners, 2 Perfect, 500 Points   |   Tied for 8th with 7 others

EDIT: Already on top of it!

* Edited at 06.30.2012, 11:59 PM ET *

"I Stab Waterbeds!"

JF_Cntry
JF_Cntry
  • Predictions:  4,948  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  326
  • Post Score: 207

07.01.2012 | 12:03 AM ET

Predictions: 7 of 8 Winners, 1 Perfect, 400 Points   |   Tied for 63rd

damn missed a perfect card...thanks trujillo

"ROLL TIDE!"

joe kerr
joe kerr
  • Predictions:  242,958  |  68.9%
  • Forum Posts:  4,850
  • Post Score: 267

07.01.2012 | 12:06 AM ET

Predictions: 6 of 8 Winners, 2 Perfect, 400 Points   |   Tied for 63rd

Out of the 3 Trujillos fighting tonight I only picked one correct. And it wasn't Reynaldo.

"If the enemy rejects the ground, I would take him down by tackle. Why didn’t he [Royler] do so? May I introduce him to a good coach? His tackle was... like a girl’s one... Mr. Royler, how are you feeling?" - Kazushi Sakuraba

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMAFighting.com : 2020 Olympic gold medalist Gable Steveson released from WWE
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! UFC 301 Results, Full ‘Prelims’ Play-By-Play
  • MMA Mania : Dana White Set To Roast Tom Brady On Netflix
  • MMAFighting.com : Alexandre Pantoja ready to claim ‘King of Rio’ title if Jose Aldo retires
  • MMA Junkie : Tim Welch reveals his side of Sean O'Malley's sparring session with Alexandre Pantoja
  • MMAFighting.com : Canelo Alvarez vs. Jaime Munguia live stream online
  • MMA Mania : UFC 301 Stream: Highlights, Results And More!
  • MMA Junkie : Daniel Cormier: There's no respect for 'smaller dudes' Conor McGregor, Max Holloway if it weren't for Jose Aldo
  • MMA Mania : How To Stream Canelo Vs. Munguia PPV Card
  • MMAFighting.com : Michel Pereira blasts ‘scared’ UFC middleweights for refusing fights, done calling out opponents
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 'Embedded,' No. 6: 'I suspect we're going to piss off a lot of Brazil'
  • MMA Mania : Preview: Canelo Vs. Munguia Full Fight Breakdown
  • Middle Easy : Ronda Rousey Agrees To Write Script For Netflix Film Based On Her Memoirs
  • MMAFighting.com : Anthony Smith dismisses online trolls ahead of UFC 301: ‘Fans are stupid’
  • MMAFighting.com : Matt Brown announces his MMA retirement: ‘Not doing it again, I’m out’
  • MMA Junkie : 2024 MMA retirement tracker: A list of those who hung up the gloves
  • MMA Junkie : Matt Brown, owner of second-most knockouts in UFC history, announces MMA retirement
  • Middle Easy : Alex Pereira Responds To Jon Jones’ Callout, Says Bout With ‘Bones’ Will Be ‘Biggest Fight Of His Career’
  • MMA Junkie : Stephen A. Smith 'disgusted' by Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson being sanctioned as a professional boxing bout
  • MMAFighting.com : Jonathan Martinez already beat two of his UFC heroes, Jose Aldo is next: ‘He had his chance’