Topic: Lombard vs. Boetsch

Lombard vs. Boetsch

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,816  |  73.9%
  • Forum Posts:  17,668
  • Post Score: 60

06.08.2012 | 12:27 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Lombard   wrong Decision  

This is the official discussion thread for Lombard vs. Boetsch. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 8

FresnoMMA
FresnoMMA
  • Predictions:  58,951  |  68.6%
  • Forum Posts:  7,436
  • Post Score: 204

07.22.2012 | 1:03 AM ET

Prediction: correct Boetsch   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 1  

Bad performance by both guys, excited that Boetsch won but damn, neither guy really did anything to deserve it
wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

07.22.2012 | 1:30 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Lombard   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

boetsch broke his foot in the second round. saw it on fuel. mr. lombard. piss poor performance. props to boestch for continuing.

* Edited at 07.22.2012, 1:31 AM ET *

geezhound
geezhound
  • Predictions:  6,745  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3,297
  • Post Score: 193

07.22.2012 | 2:06 AM ET

Prediction: correct Boetsch   correct Decision  

It appears that the only people Lombard will beat in the near future are those that are dumb enough to stand directly in front of him and throw down.
He will be hard pressed to find those idiots in the big show.

"Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity."

p4pgoat
p4pgoat
  • Predictions:  4,888  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  3,908
  • Post Score: 143

07.22.2012 | 2:39 AM ET

How close is Tim to a title shot? It has to be between him and Weidman right now.

"We are all human, it's time to prove it."

geezhound
geezhound

07.22.2012 | 2:45 AM ET

I absolutely love Tim, but I can't even consider thinking that he's ready for a title shot. I'm thinking 1 more win over any of these guys and he should be SERIOUSLY considered.
Bisping
Weidman
Stann
Sonnen
Belcher

ufcchick2011
ufcchick2011
  • Predictions:  17,099  |  61.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,674
  • Post Score: 177

07.22.2012 | 2:49 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Lombard   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 1  

@geez- None of those guys are ready for Silva :P

"The only way to guarantee failure is by giving up" Frank Mir

geezhound
geezhound

07.22.2012 | 2:57 AM ET

LOL! Well technically NOBODY is ready for Silva!!! But he still needs to fight.

ufcchick2011
ufcchick2011

07.22.2012 | 2:59 AM ET

@geez- And so does Silva! He's getting old! lol Congrats to Tim in all, but seriously who do they line up for Silva??

geezhound
geezhound

07.22.2012 | 3:03 AM ET

That seems to be the big question these days. Nobody really stands a chance, and the number of potential victims is growing fast.
Regardless of what Dana says, he was praying that Hector was the man for the job, but unfortunately that didn't pan out for him.

ufcchick2011
ufcchick2011

07.22.2012 | 3:12 AM ET

@geez- I thought Lombard did well with his take down defense..but that was about it!

StealingFire
StealingFire
  • Predictions:  171  |  65.5%
  • Forum Posts:  921
  • Post Score: 155

07.22.2012 | 5:14 AM ET

The thing is, Boetsch didn't do anything either. And Lombard easily had the more effective striking and the only takedown. It makes it look like they were trying to send him a message. If it'd been anyone else, people would have been commenting about how "smart" he fought the fight (I mean, if the decision had gone the other way). And it WAS smart if Lombard had been told the fight was a title eliminator.

I was thinking to myself the whole time how funny it was that he slipped right into character. When in the UFC...

"Prepare for an eternity of me kicking your ass. -Hank Hill"

sgtblack79
sgtblack79

07.22.2012 | 6:48 AM ET

I can't say it went exactly the way I thought it would. I really didn't expect a great performance out of Lombard. It's quite usual for a guy making his debut in the UFC to look like he doesn't know what to do, especially when fighting somebody who's been there and done that ten times. I was more disappointed in Boetsch. I expected just a bit more out of him. However, if he did actually break his foot, then that would explain it. However, to say he did nothing to win the fight isn't really accurate. He did nothing exciting yes. However, he came forward more often, landed more total strikes, and landed quite a few kicks to lombard's legs and body. Lombard countered well a few times but never followed up with anything. Boetsch pressed what little action there was and that resulted in his victory. As for the question of who's going to fight Anderson Silva? I don't think it really matters because he's not going to lose before he retires. There is nobody close to his level right now, and that's ok. I enjoy watching greatness. Personally, I'd like to see Silva fight stand up guys who come forward. Then, at least, the fights would be relatively exciting. We get to watch Silva go through his slow methodical timing of his opponent. Then we get to see him follow it up with some fancy salsa dancing. Following that, he will do the little spinning hands thing he does. Then he unleashes the most accurate barrage of strikes ever seen. I keep waiting for him to go mortal combat on the guy and rip out his spine, but that never happens. So put Bisping in there. He will actually go after Silva a bit and will be relatively entertaing up until his separation from consciousness in the late first round.
Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

07.22.2012 | 12:24 PM ET

Prediction: correct Boetsch   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 1  

i can't wait to see how much Poison Dwarf was paid for this fight...

"الله أكبرl"

p4pgoat
p4pgoat
  • Predictions:  4,888  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  3,908
  • Post Score: 143

07.22.2012 | 1:09 PM ET

I think Tim deserves the title shot. However I think he stands the least chance of beating Silva. That is a tough decision for Joe Silva and Dana to make. I personally would like to see a Weidman/Silva match up next and give Tim a fight with Vitor. Just my opinion.

"We are all human, it's time to prove it."

sgtblack79
sgtblack79

07.22.2012 | 1:36 PM ET

@Anik: I think if you use the nickname "Poison Dwarf" three more times in entertaining commentary it will stick forever.
sgtblack79
sgtblack79

07.22.2012 | 1:40 PM ET

@p4pgoat: Why would Boetsch or Weidman deserve a title shot more than Bisping?  I'm not a Bisping fan but he has been quite successful against some pretty good fighters at middle weight since he cut down from light heavy several years ago.  I know the UFC has held him out of a title fight because they don't want to see their biggest English attraction beaten soundly, but you can't avoid the fight forever.  Bisping deserves the shot, even if it will be a short night for him.  He's put in the work and had the success to validate it.
joe kerr
joe kerr
  • Predictions:  246,453  |  68.9%
  • Forum Posts:  4,850
  • Post Score: 267

07.22.2012 | 1:41 PM ET

PERFECTO!

What? I thought you're supposed to say that as many times as you can.

"If the enemy rejects the ground, I would take him down by tackle. Why didn’t he [Royler] do so? May I introduce him to a good coach? His tackle was... like a girl’s one... Mr. Royler, how are you feeling?" - Kazushi Sakuraba

jaffacakehero
jaffacakehero
  • Predictions:  5,066  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  5,396
  • Post Score: 240

07.22.2012 | 1:53 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Lombard   wrong Submission   wrong Round 1  

Bisping has lost in all 3 of his big fights which would have taken him up a level in the division

I like Bisping and think he's close but who cares if he's been around for a long time? If he hasn't cemented himself by now then that's his fault and no one else's! 

Weidman just beat Munoz which is a much bigger win than any of Bispings...

That's just how it is...

"If you're matched up against me, you better be prepared to give your life...because I am prepared to take it. - Conor McGregor"

MMApicker42
MMApicker42
  • Predictions:  4,050  |  66.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1,828
  • Post Score: 131

07.22.2012 | 2:07 PM ET

If Lombard actually fought instead of standing around, he'd easily win this fight.
Maybe he threw it to fight Munoz

* Edited at 07.22.2012, 2:09 PM ET *

Paeddingtonbaer
Paeddingtonbaer
  • Predictions:  1,123  |  64.7%
  • Forum Posts:  34
  • Post Score: 241

07.22.2012 | 2:15 PM ET

I don't think that Boetsch deserves a title shot yet. First of all, there are way better fighters in this division. Weidman dominanted Munoz and is still unbeaten. Bisping is a great fighter but he needs a win over a top guy. Belfort is still a great fighter and in my opinion the only middleweight fighter who is able to beat Silva. When you think of the first fight you just remember this nasty front kick, but in this fight Belfort had some good scenes.
And the second point is that Boetsch hasn't beat a very good opponent clearly. The win over Okami was great, but, I don't know exactly, Okami nearly finished him in the second round. The comeback was great, but you shouldn't forget that he had very big problems during this fight. And I don't have to mention that the Lombard-fight wasn't great too.

Page 8

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Valentina Shevchenko is Feeling Confident Ahead of Yet-To-Be-Announced Trilogy Fight with Alexa Grasso
  • MMA Junkie : Vicente Luque recounts surprising UFC on ESPN 7 offer: 'Are you sure it's Nick or is it Nate?'
  • MMA Junkie : Michael Bisping: Dustin Poirier has 'represented himself with class,' no need to fight after UFC 302
  • MMAFighting.com : Roger Huerta returns from 3-year layoff to co-main PFL Glasgow card, Stevie Ray headlines
  • MMA Mania : Report: ‘Feelers’ Sent Out For Alternate UFC 303 Options
  • MMA Junkie : Michal Oleksiejczuk says arm didn't break at UFC 302, disagrees with stoppage
  • Bad Left Hook : Daniel Jacobs returns against Shane Mosley Jr on July 6
  • MMAFighting.com : Chael Sonnen wonders if Conor McGregor silence sign of renewed focus, Daniel Cormier finds it ‘worrisome’
  • MMA Mania : Roger Huerta Returns At PFL Glasgow!
  • MMA Junkie : Chael Sonnen confident Conor McGregor makes UFC 303 but suggests Michael Chandler vs. Max Holloway if not
  • MMA Mania : Bookies Back Islam Over Arman (But Not Leon)
  • MMAFighting.com : Fan pays $95,000 at Neymar auction to watch Charles Oliveira train, cut weight for next UFC fight
  • MMA Mania : Poirier, Nine Others Suspended By NJSACB
  • MMA Junkie : 'I'm not gonna hate on them': UFC 302 winners reveal how they feel about new gloves
  • UFC.com : Youngest Athletes Currently In The UFC
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 302 medical suspensions: Dustin Poirier out indefinitely for two potential injuries
  • MMAFighting.com : Jimmy Smith returning to Bellator broadcast team starting with Dublin card in June
  • Jits Magazine : Victor Hugo Withdraws From ADCC 2024 To Enter Craig Jones Invitational
  • MMA Mania : VIDEO: Sound & Pound — Is Makhachev P4P No. 1?
  • Middle Easy : Ex-UFC Star Marlon Moraes Sworn In As Florida Police Officer