Topic: Lombard vs. Boetsch

Lombard vs. Boetsch

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,686  |  73.8%
  • Forum Posts:  17,602
  • Post Score: 60

06.08.2012 | 12:27 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Lombard   wrong Decision  

This is the official discussion thread for Lombard vs. Boetsch. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 4

Franklin880088
Franklin880088
  • Predictions:  1,570  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,452
  • Post Score: 120

07.17.2012 | 4:11 PM ET

"I'm sure Ben Franklin didn't think "alone" was two words, that you spelled "fourth" without the U or that "to" and the number 2 are spelled differently.

Also Dyslexia has nothing to do with those nor your myriad of grammar mistakes in each post of yours I have read. 

"So clearly I must be so stupid"

^ since you like quotes so much. You said it, not me. "

Actually his spelling was far worse. It was common in his writing to spell the same word several different ways. So you my friend would be quite wrong. But dont take my word for it read his autobiography as well as his numerous documents explaining his countless inventions/experiments.

Yes it does. In fact my Dyslexia directly impacts my spelling and grammar.  Funny you would pretend to be an expert on dyslexia and in particular my dyslexia.

Yes clearly since we all know that ones grammar is directly related to there intelligence level right..... 

"here I come to save the day"

Franklin880088
Franklin880088

07.17.2012 | 4:23 PM ET

Dannotheman  Just wanted to also say that I did not mean for my responses towards you to come off as disrespectful. They are ment to be augmentative because I enjoy discussions, but it was not ment to be taken as disrespectful. I re read it and could see that it could have been taken that way and if you did take it that way I apologies it was not my intention.

* Edited at 07.17.2012, 4:24 PM ET *

TidalWave89
TidalWave89
  • Predictions:  3,246  |  59.1%
  • Forum Posts:  116
  • Post Score: 129

07.17.2012 | 4:26 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Lombard   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 1  

Lombard takes it easily. I respect Boetsch's heart, but it won't be enough to beat Hector.

"Anderson Silva, YOU ABSOLUTELY SUCK!"

Dannotheman
Dannotheman
  • Predictions:  9,433  |  65.6%
  • Forum Posts:  2,406
  • Post Score: 185

07.17.2012 | 4:37 PM ET

No worries @Franklin. I didn't take it as disrespectful. A good discussion is always fun.

"God please give me patience, if you give me strength I will just punch them in the face."

TraeBlack
TraeBlack
  • Predictions:  20,845  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  8,700
  • Post Score: 173

07.17.2012 | 4:55 PM ET

Lombard is gonna **** Timmy, and leave a 50 on the dresser on his way out the door...

"3HUNNA"

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

07.17.2012 | 4:58 PM ET

Prediction: correct Boetsch   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 1  

LOLOLOL

"الله أكبرl"

RockZ
RockZ
  • Predictions:  242  |  65.7%
  • Forum Posts:  457
  • Post Score: 137

07.17.2012 | 5:22 PM ET

My pick in Lombard is not an overly confident, self-assured, I'm-rite-ur-wrong pick; I simply think he has a better chance of winning the fight based on his consistency and power (and I think his chin is good enough, too, but I could be wrong). If they fought ten times I'd say most would end by (T)KO, with Lombard winning 7 times (I think there's just too much power in the cage for the fight to go three rounds, especially 5/10 times). This is tough, though, because Boetsch has only been tko'd, and that was by Hamill, so if Lombard is a fluke I won't be like "but how could this be?!!?"

Side note: I just wanna say, in two years nobody accuse me of cherry picking because I'm a college kid with five younger bros at home and parents who are always busy and when I leave in the fall to go to the university mma picking won't be my priority then either, (especially on tons of fighters I've never heard of in smaller promotions); studies and hangin out with friends will (you guys are friends, but come on, I haven't even met one of you yet)

"Sure the fight was fixed. I fixed it with a right hand. - George Foreman"

Franklin880088
Franklin880088

07.17.2012 | 5:43 PM ET

"No worries @Franklin. I didn't take it as disrespectful. A good discussion is always fun."

Good and I agree, good discussions are great.

I honestly think Lombard will win more often then not. I think this fight going to be one where we know who the victor going to be by the end of the first.  Either in my opinion lombard is going to be to fast (which more likely out come) or Boetch will end up being to big and strong. Either way the fight should be good but I think we will see by the end of the first that was of the two holds a significant advantage

bigstrudel
bigstrudel
  • Predictions:  195  |  56.4%
  • Forum Posts:  39
  • Post Score: 79

07.17.2012 | 7:34 PM ET

I dont think Boetsch will make it an easy win for Lombard. Boetsh is an all around tough dude and a hard puncher. Lombard will be in danger as long as the fight remains standing. However, once Lombard hits a trip and ends up on top; he will beat Boetsch up. That being said; I think that Lombard will suffer the octagon jitters after a fire-and-brimstone first round and fail to put the durable american away. Lombard UD.

"Heyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!! (Cristiano Marcello)"

cal1
cal1
  • Predictions:  22,053  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,001
  • Post Score: 251

07.17.2012 | 9:18 PM ET

I hope Lombard comes out fast and explosive

"UFC 151 NEVER FORGET"

hdmexiqtioner
hdmexiqtioner
  • Predictions:  9,964  |  57.9%
  • Forum Posts:  5,398
  • Post Score: 283

07.17.2012 | 10:26 PM ET

Prediction: correct Boetsch   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 3  

ohh yeah. i believe!!!! 

"Don't argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." - Bark Twain

sgtblack79
sgtblack79

07.18.2012 | 2:04 AM ET

Prediction: correct Boetsch   correct Decision  

Still haven't decided on my pick yet but I'm leaning toward Boetsch because of the experience factor. This will be his 10th fight in the octagon and Lombards first. Perhaps Lombard is or will be the better overall fighter in the long run, but quite a few people don't fare well in their octagon debut when it comes against a seasoned veteran. Hell, it took rampage a few rounds to get into the groove against Eastman, and Rampage was a clearly more talented fighter. I just think that's something to consider.
Lopati
Lopati
  • Predictions:  18,574  |  61.4%
  • Forum Posts:  13,352
  • Post Score: 179

07.18.2012 | 2:31 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Lombard   wrong Submission   wrong Round 2  

Lombard's Judo will play a large role in this fight.  Be hard for Boetsch to dirty up the fight in the clinch with the high level Judo of Lombard, who could throw most guys at will. I am thinking Boetsch brings a fight but Lombard puts him away in the 2nd round judo throw into a nasty arm bar or GnP (you like how I was so decisive there).

"One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. If one were to present the sportsman with the death of the animal as a gift he would refuse it." Jose Ortega y Gasset

AnthonyBrancato
AnthonyBrancato
  • Predictions:  9,844  |  61.6%
  • Forum Posts:  642
  • Post Score: 58

07.18.2012 | 4:32 AM ET

Prediction: correct Boetsch   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 3  

Until proven otherwise, I say that Hector Lombard is behind the curve because of his size.  Time has passed fighters with his body type by - which has spawned the epidemic of weight class dropping we have seen in recent years: Just in the past year, seven current or former UFC middleweights have moved down to welterweight, and since late 2007 a staggering 23 current or former UFC light heavyweights have moved down to middleweight.

"MMA Fan Since Season 2 Of The Ultimate Fighter"

Mayhem14
Mayhem14
  • Predictions:  778  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  270
  • Post Score: 77

07.18.2012 | 12:08 PM ET

Prediction: correct Boetsch   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

Boetsch will expose and destroy this can crusher. You'll see. And I'll be laughing

"I don't believe in an eye for an eye, I believe in two eyes for an eye." -Bas Rutten

Ronwah
Ronwah
  • Predictions:  26,938  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  5,343
  • Post Score: 222

07.18.2012 | 12:18 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Lombard   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

Boetsch can't afford to start this fight the way he did against Okami. Lombard won't let him hang around to make a comeback late in the fight. Lombard has been waiting for his shot in the UFC for a long time and I think he will stop Tim in the 2nd.

I wouldn't be sad or shocked to see Boetsch get a decision though.

"“I've said if Ivanka weren't my daughter, perhaps I'd be dating her.""

FresnoMMA
FresnoMMA
  • Predictions:  56,466  |  68.7%
  • Forum Posts:  7,436
  • Post Score: 204

07.18.2012 | 3:59 PM ET

Prediction: correct Boetsch   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 1  

I'm trying to pick smarter on UFC cards rather than going with my heart, which has killed me in the past.  But I'm watching the Countdown to UFC 149 right now and I just can't help but switch back to Boetsch.  He really does have a legit chance of winning, and he's been fighting top guys and has some serious power.  I think he'll clip Lombard and swarm him
Real_dood
Real_dood
  • Predictions:  204  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  36
  • Post Score: 33

07.18.2012 | 4:45 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Lombard   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 3  

Lombard's speed and judo will prevent the fight from going to the mat.

"Don't be scared, homie"

sgtblack79
sgtblack79

07.18.2012 | 5:14 PM ET

Prediction: correct Boetsch   correct Decision  

@ronwash: I agree that Boetsch isn't going to win if he gets thrown around for the first two rounds of the fight. However, Okami is one of the best middleweight grapplers around. He has caused a few guys to drop down to welterweight simply because they could not match his strength. Lombard is muscular, but not near that size. I can see Lombard getting a few amazing judo throws, but I think it will be much more difficult for him to control boetsch on the ground. I've also seen Lombard show a tendency to jump in with power punches to close the distance. This leaves him open to easy counter strikes from more seasoned fighters, and I would look for Boetsch to expose that with his reach advantage.
MMApicker42
MMApicker42
  • Predictions:  4,050  |  66.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1,828
  • Post Score: 131

07.18.2012 | 9:35 PM ET

Boetsch is being highly over valued by people in this thread from his comeback win against Okami.... Lombard is likely to dominate this fight. Lombard has beat Shlemenko, Vitale, Ebersole, Te Huna, Prangley, and so on.... Most of them are finishes too... Sorry but Lombard doesn't have a "newly formed" glass jaw like Okami. It seems no fighter is ever the same after being dominated by anderson silva.

* Edited at 07.18.2012, 9:43 PM ET *

Page 4

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Alex Caceres vs. Sean Woodson prediction, pick, start time, odds for UFC on ESPN 56
  • MMAFighting.com : Diego Ferreira asked for advance payment for UFC St. Louis: ‘I was behind three months in the gym’
  • MMA Junkie : Diego Ferreira vs. Mateusz Rebecki prediction, pick, start time, odds for UFC on ESPN 56
  • MMAFighting.com : Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson tickets include wild $2 million MVP package
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! Lomachenko Vs. Kambosos Results & Play-By-Play!
  • Middle Easy : Dana White Got Careless FedEx Employee Fired After Video Went Viral
  • MMA Junkie : Alonzo Menifield vs. Carlos Ulberg prediction, pick, start time, odds for UFC on ESPN 56
  • Middle Easy : Conor McGregor Ordered By Irish High Court To Disclose Profits From Proper No. 12 Whiskey Deal
  • MMAFighting.com : Vasiliy Lomachenko vs. George Kambosos start time, fight card, TV schedule, ring walks
  • MMA Junkie : Joaquin Buckley vs. Nursulton Ruziboev prediction, pick, start time, odds for UFC on ESPN 56
  • MMA Mania : UFC St. Louis Start time, Full Fight Card Details
  • Bad Left Hook : Tyson Fury shows off ready physique ahead of Usyk fight
  • MMAFighting.com : Rampage Jackson believes Stipe Miocic beats Jon Jones: ‘I just feel like he might not have a chin’
  • MMA Mania : Chaos! Misfits Weigh-In Ends With Surprise Slap, Melee
  • MMA Junkie : Derrick Lewis vs. Rodrigo Nascimento prediction, pick: Will 'The Black Beast' add to his knockout record?
  • UFC.com : Prelim Results | UFC St. Louis
  • UFC.com : Main Card Results | UFC St. Louis
  • UFC.com : Official Scorecards | UFC St. Louis
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC St. Louis predictions
  • MMA Mania : Good Morning! Australian Fighter Left Motionless After Violent KO