Topic: Lombard vs. Boetsch

Lombard vs. Boetsch

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,619  |  73.7%
  • Forum Posts:  17,552
  • Post Score: 60

06.08.2012 | 12:27 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Lombard   wrong Decision  

This is the official discussion thread for Lombard vs. Boetsch. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses

DaiKaiju Wicked
DaiKaiju Wicked
  • Predictions:  2,021  |  67.8%
  • Forum Posts:  383
  • Post Score: 149

06.08.2012 | 12:27 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Lombard   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 1  

Tougher fight than the Stann fight for Shango, but I think he still gets it done pretty easily.

"I was born as a catholic but the nuns turned me. I was born as a pacifist but the guns turned me. I was born to be a beautiful man, but the ugliness is powerful, I do what I can."

foley4ever87
foley4ever87
  • Predictions:  7,048  |  60.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,092
  • Post Score: 86

06.08.2012 | 11:31 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Lombard   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

Both fighters are getting switcvhed into another fight I like Boetsche but I think Lombard will win this one.

" Stephen Quadros: "How long have you had that mustache?" Don Frye: "Since I was 5. I got it from my mom's side of the family. She's not a pretty woman.""

DiegoDiegerson
DiegoDiegerson
  • Predictions:  510  |  66.3%
  • Forum Posts:  57
  • Post Score: 107

06.24.2012 | 1:22 AM ET

Aside from the size and reach advantage, I don't know what Boetsch has over Lombard. Lombard has not fought as good competition, but he's looked generally great when he does, and his credentials are really good. He's known mostly as a knockout fighter, but he has impeccable grappling credentials.

"James Jamerson: P4P and overall bass Greatest of All Time. "

jaykool777
jaykool777
  • Predictions:  25,528  |  61.6%
  • Forum Posts:  3,654
  • Post Score: 158

06.24.2012 | 4:37 PM ET

I actually think that Boetsch has the better hands, but Lombard is the more complete fighter. However, Boetsch likes being the underdog, and against Yushin Okami, he score one of the best comeback KOs in UFC history. If Lombard gets caught like that, it will be a huge step into title contention for Boetsch, and many will wonder if Lombard is just a good fighter against cans.

"Keep it punk rock!!!!"

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,350  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,487
  • Post Score: 203

06.24.2012 | 6:15 PM ET

Prediction: correct Boetsch   correct Decision  

Pulling for Boetsch. Not sure who Im gonna pick yet. 

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

duh Goonie
duh Goonie
  • Predictions:  26  |  53.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8
  • Post Score: 88

06.25.2012 | 3:03 AM ET

Lombard is an absolute beast and I believe he'll finish Boetsch one way or another. Boetsch can take a lot of punishment, but he's never been hit quite as hard by anyone like Hector Lombard. Look for Boetsch to possibly try and take Lombard  to the ground, which is also dangerous for him, but Lombard eventually finishes him by knockout. 
leopuntel
leopuntel
  • Predictions:  1,152  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  11
  • Post Score: 127

06.25.2012 | 3:01 PM ET

Lombard will kill Boetsch.. 1st round KO

"Just do it"

legacyofmisfortune
legacyofmisfortune
  • Predictions:  14,159  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,349
  • Post Score: 240

06.25.2012 | 3:15 PM ET

Lombard will ditacte where does the fight takes place, he can finish Boestch in different ways. I think he can KO the Barbarian, but if Lombard  is loosing the standing he will take him down and submit him, Lombard it´s not a good match for Boetsch, but whatever happens it´s gonne be a battle because The Barbarian it´s not going down without a fight, and it´s going to be a lot of fun watching.

* Edited at 06.25.2012, 3:15 PM ET *

"he is going to the hospital, and im going to the after party, ha ha ha" Nate Diaz

AnAlias
AnAlias
  • Predictions:  7,888  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  8,737
  • Post Score: 246

06.25.2012 | 3:42 PM ET

Lombard is going to knock Boestch's head off.  The difference in speed will be stark.  Boestch won't know what hit him till he sees the replay.
JustynOfOsiris
JustynOfOsiris
  • Predictions:  4,334  |  57.2%
  • Forum Posts:  3,239
  • Post Score: 122

06.25.2012 | 5:26 PM ET

Prediction: correct Boetsch   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

Lombard hasn't given me a reason to think he is as good as his hype train makes him out to be and until he does I'm not gonna buy into it.
WAR BOETSCH!!

"Is reality really realistic?"

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

06.25.2012 | 5:44 PM ET

Prediction: correct Boetsch   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 1  

Ya...Lombard's gonna have to beat someone better than Jesse Taylor to convince me he's got a chance against Tim Boestch. 

Personally, I think Mamed Khalidov would destroy Hector Lombard.

"الله أكبرl"

WishIsHere
WishIsHere
  • Predictions:  24,429  |  64.4%
  • Forum Posts:  7,003
  • Post Score: 232

06.25.2012 | 5:52 PM ET

The best guy Lombard has fought is Mousasi and he lost in a horribly one sided fight. I think this fight is even to be honest, but I've taken a liking to Boetsch.

"I bought a Bruno mars cd once - gunn4206"

Anik
Anik

06.25.2012 | 5:58 PM ET

Well Mousasi at MW is top 5 in my opinion so it's not necessarily a bad thing to say that he was decimated by MW Mousasi.

"الله أكبرl"

AnAlias
AnAlias
  • Predictions:  7,888  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  8,737
  • Post Score: 246

06.25.2012 | 6:06 PM ET

Seems to me Boestch is a bit overrated after the Okami comeback.

Lombard hasn't beat the greatest competition, but there are some tough vets on his resume, and he's pretty much smashed every single one of them.  He's only lost twice, both by decision, early in his career, to great fighters. 

He's beat Te Huna, Ebersole, Starnes (i know, he's hated, for good reason, but he's really not a bad fighter), Schlemenko, Doerksen, Vitale, Taylor, Prangley... I don't think Boetsch is really that big a step up.

Then if you put their histories aside, and just purely look at the style matchup on paper....there isn't really anything that Boetsch does better than Lombard.  Anything can happen, but I'm pretty positive Lombard will win this emphatically.
hdmexiqtioner
hdmexiqtioner
  • Predictions:  9,964  |  57.9%
  • Forum Posts:  5,398
  • Post Score: 283

06.25.2012 | 6:19 PM ET

Prediction: correct Boetsch   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 3  

To be honest, i will get on the hype train if i am proven wrong. other than that this is a big UFC test for Lombard.

"Don't argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." - Bark Twain

DiegoDiegerson
DiegoDiegerson
  • Predictions:  510  |  66.3%
  • Forum Posts:  57
  • Post Score: 107

06.26.2012 | 11:25 AM ET

@WishIsHere: You're right that Mousasi beat Lombard, but that was almost six years ago ... Losses (and wins) that far in the past are not necessarily still as relevant as something more recent. Mousasi today still might beat Lombard (Lombard's best plan might be a takedown-and-control based gameplan) but Mousasi today would probably also beat Boetsch.

Lombard hasn't really fought top competition for most of his career, but he's looked good against the guys he's fought, as AnAlias points out he actually has fought some decent names, and it at least shows he's consistently been able to avoid getting caught.

"James Jamerson: P4P and overall bass Greatest of All Time. "

Anik
Anik

06.26.2012 | 12:37 PM ET

I think people are being mistaken when they give a lot of credit to Tim Boestch post-Okami, I think that was a fluke to be honest so I'm gonna look at Tim Boestch pre-Okami. And Tim Boestch pre-Okami fought better competition than Hector Lombard ever has, so I'm gonna have to go with that.

"الله أكبرl"

WilsonFisk
WilsonFisk
  • Predictions:  191  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  108
  • Post Score: 58

06.26.2012 | 1:41 PM ET

Probably either Lombard by KO/TKO in the first round or Boetsch by decision. Boetsch has incredible conditioning and quite a chin, so if he survives the first, I think he wins the fight.

"MUAY THAI - JUDO - BJJ - WRESTLING - BOXING"

Swickotine
Swickotine
  • Predictions:  18,137  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  11,851
  • Post Score: 223

06.26.2012 | 2:26 PM ET

@Wilson How do you figure Boetsch wins by decision? Outstriking Lombard to a decision or taking it to the ground for 3 rounds. Both will be VERY difficult against Lombard. I really don't think people know alot about Hector...he's gonna be a big force in UFC.

"I'm bi-polar...nice jab, mean hook."

WilsonFisk
WilsonFisk
  • Predictions:  191  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  108
  • Post Score: 58

06.26.2012 | 2:37 PM ET

Definitely not on the ground. I think he'll just keep his distance and work from there. It'll probably be boring, but effective. This is of course assuming Lombard gasses after trying to finish in the first, which I am very much expecting. Kind of like what happen in the Silva vs. Franklin fight a few days ago. If things go well, Boetsch might even finish him in the third. 

Boetsch is imo the best conditioned MW out there right now, along with Franklin (both have the same conditioning coach actually). Also if this was a 5 rounder, Lombard would get tooled in the later rounds!

Can't wait for the actual fight!

"MUAY THAI - JUDO - BJJ - WRESTLING - BOXING"

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 results: Mike Perry makes quick work of Thiago Alves, goes ballistic afterward
  • MMAFighting.com : Mike Perry knocks out Thiago Alves in 60 seconds, calls out ‘fat f*cking b*tch’ Darren Till at BFKC KnuckleMania 4
  • MMA Mania : Video! McGregor Drops ‘Huge’ News At KnuckleMania 4
  • MMAFighting.com : ‘Absolutely savage’: Conor McGregor, other pros react to Mike Perry’s 60-second knockout at BKFC KnuckleMania 4
  • MMA Junkie : Social media reacts to Mike Perry's 60-second finish of Thiago Alves at BKFC: KnuckleMania 4
  • MMAFighting.com : Mike Perry vs. Thiago Alves full fight video highlights
  • Middle Easy : Mike Perry Smashes Thiago Alves in 60 Seconds – BKFC KnuckleMania IV Results (Highlights)
  • MMA Mania : ‘King Of Violence’ Perry Smokes Alves In Just 60 Seconds
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 results: Lorenzo Hunt suffers gruesome arm injury after Mick Terrill drops him in first round
  • Middle Easy : Lorenzo Hunt Suffers Horrific Elbow Injury in Opening Round Against Mick Terrill – BKFC KnuckleMania IV Results (Highlights)
  • MMA Mania : Terrill Defends Heavyweight Title After Hunt Breaks His Arm
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 live blog: Mike Perry vs. Thiago Alves
  • MMA Junkie : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 results: Disappointed Ben Rothwell claims quick injury TKO win over Todd Duffee
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 results: Ben Rothwell bulldozes through Todd Duffee in 43 seconds
  • Middle Easy : Ben Rothwell Scores Awkward 43-Second TKO Over Todd Duffee – BKFC KnuckleMania IV Results (Highlights)
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch Alfredo Angulo, Jeremiah Riggs have 93-second instant classic at BKFC KnuckleMania 4
  • MMA Mania : Big Ben Scores 43-Second Phantom Punch KO
  • MMA Junkie : Conor McGregor becomes part owner of BKFC: 'Welcome to the big leagues'
  • MMAFighting.com : Conor McGregor becomes part owner of BKFC
  • Bad Left Hook : Ramirez survives scare to outwork Barthelemy, Ortiz destroys Dulorme: Highlights