Tapology Forums

Dana White and the Right Hand of God

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess
  • Predictions:  301  |  69.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,093
  • Post Score: 47

04.19.2012 | 11:14 PM ET

There is a line from scripture that says, "As a man soweth, so shall he reap".  So it is happening to President Dana White.  He has so screwed Jon Fitch that the long arm of God has come down from on high, and sought to wreck havoc with Dana White business.  The UFC.  

Ever since Dana and Joe Silva matched Fitch with Jonny Hendricks, the UFC has gone to Hell in a hurry.  Whenever a boss tries to undermine his employee's career, it backfires and blows up in his face.  Ever since King Divid sent Bathsheba's husband to the front lines to be killed in battle, big guys have run into trouble.

Before your jaws hit the ground, hear me out.  The argument is compelling.  One day, the UFC is riding high, on top of the world, and in very short order, everything seems to go wrong.  Murphy's Law on steroids is a good way to describe the Law of Karma.  Karma is a ***** and it's biting President Dana White hard in the ass.

Jon Fitch was coming off an injury and the top guys were all matched up.  So, instead of waiting for someone to come available, they matched him with a no-name newcomer, who hadn't earned the second best WW.  Never mind Fitch got knocked out.  That doesn't mean the match should have been made.  They could have waited for an appropriate contender, like Hughes, Shields, rematch with Penn, etc.  But no.  They screwed him.

Now, Hendricks gets Koscheck, Fitch gets - Aaron Simpson?  No.  I don't think so.  Just as inappropriate as Hendricks was.
http://www.mmaweekly.com/jon-fitch-welcomes-aaron-simpson-to-the-welterweight-division

I said at the time that if the UFC didn't give Fitch an appropriate contender, shame on them and Karma would soon go to work.  And, it has!  Big Time!  HUGE!  MASSIVE REPRISALS!

The Long Arm of God has reached down and screwed Dana White to the Wall.  It took his cash cow, Brock Lesnar, off the chessboard.  It then removed GSP for an extended period.  The 2 big draws.  But the Law of Karma was just getting started with gutting Dana White's business.  

It took Anderson Silva out of commission for a long period.  It took BJ Penn off the chessboard.  Then Nick Diaz.  So many of the best, most amazing fighters for a long time were suddenly old and fighting badly.  Matt Hughes, BJ Penn, Cro-Cop, Wanderlei Silva, Tito Ortiz.  One day Forrest Griffin is great, the next day he is sluggish and listless.  

It's one thing to have a slump.  Injuries happen.  Part of sports.  But to have so many things go wrong?  Bad timing, missed opportunities?  Dana took the Brock Lesnar news in stride, obviously because he wrongly anticipated Alistar Overeem replacing him as a cash cow.  But now, even he is in question.

President White can turn it around.  If I were Frank Fertilla, I'd tell Dana to make it right with Jon Fitch.  Scrub the Simpson fight, and match Fitch with Matt Hughes.  Or Jake Shields.  Tell BJ that if he wants to come back, he has to finish his business with Fitch in a 5-rounder.  Make things right.  Do the right thing.

There still is time for the UFC to hit new highs.  When GSP is ready to come back around November, schedule on the same card, a rematch between Velasquez/JDS, and a fight between Jon Jones and Anderson Silva.  With those 3 killer superfights, the UFC might hit between 1M - 1.3M PPV buys.  Three times the pop as the usual fare.

But unless Dana White fixes his attempted destruction and undermining of Fitch's career, it will all go awry.  When a man is on a downward spiral of negative karma, nothing seems to go right.  When the water is spilling over the sink, turn off the spigot before you start mopping the floor.

This year, the UFC hardly got over 600,000 PPV buys.  Sounds like karma to me.
Turn around, Dana.  Change your evil ways.  The sad part is that if the UFC goes down, it will take MMA down with it and a lot of wonder fighters.  They worked too hard to come to such a unjustified fate.

I realize this post will set a record for the most down arrows, but I just don't care anymore.

* Edited at 04.19.2012, 11:58 PM ET *

"Love God, live with honor, keep your agreements."

Responses

WishIsHere
WishIsHere
  • Predictions:  24,429  |  64.4%
  • Forum Posts:  7,003
  • Post Score: 232

04.19.2012 | 11:19 PM ET

I'm confused. Fitch got his contender shot against Penn. They drew which caused Fitch to lose his contendership and then Nick Diaz joined Zuffa. Fitch didn't really evolve after GSP one bit so why would you put him up against GSP who had pretty much further evolved since then? Fitch screwed Fitch's chance, imo.

"I bought a Bruno mars cd once - gunn4206"

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,563
  • Post Score: 275

04.19.2012 | 11:21 PM ET

Karma and biblical stuff is hurting the UFC? Because Jon Fitch was wronged?

Alright.

"I live, I die, I live again."

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

04.19.2012 | 11:22 PM ET

Wow. I have never seen a more biased, INSANE post on the interwebs ever.

The reason everything is wrong in this world is because of Dana White screwing Fitch. Hurricanes, earthquakes, genocide, the apocalypse, it's Dana's fault. You're crazy Bill.

Crazy like a fox! +1 AND REP FITCH *****!

"الله أكبرl"

StickmanAndrw
StickmanAndrw
  • Predictions:  5,405  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  1,146
  • Post Score: 141

04.19.2012 | 11:22 PM ET

Well, I'm not gonna down arrow you for that post.  Too often people feel these days that they can't be completely honest about anything over fear of getting beat-down over their honest opinion. 

The UFC has had more than their fair share of bad luck lately, especially since they signed that 7 year deal with FOX.  Personally, I doubt it's Karma over Jon Fitch being mishandled, but I suppose you can never know for sure anymore, can we?

"I can't think of anything witty to say at the moment..."

Kpro
Kpro
  • Predictions:  11,208  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  4,927
  • Post Score: 255

04.19.2012 | 11:24 PM ET

I'd like to request a summary or condensed version of the original post.

"I Stab Waterbeds!"

theMMAmessiah
theMMAmessiah
  • Predictions:  7,993  |  66.5%
  • Forum Posts:  8,433
  • Post Score: 103

04.19.2012 | 11:25 PM ET

the most ridiculous serious post I have ever read in my life. 
AnAlias
AnAlias
  • Predictions:  7,888  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  8,737
  • Post Score: 246

04.19.2012 | 11:28 PM ET

lol  Bill....this is some of your best work. 

Jon Fitch getting matched up with Hendricks was such an injustice that some kind of cosmic power of karma caused Lesnar to retire, and GSP to hurt his knee?  The universe works in mysterious ways indeed.

You've been around a long time Bill, and honestly after all this time I still can't say for sure if you're a real person, or just the most dedicated and elaborate troll in the history of internet forums. 

Glorious work sir.  I'm not sure if you're serious or not, but either way, I am entertained.

* Edited at 04.19.2012, 11:55 PM ET *

ProdigyKid14
ProdigyKid14
  • Predictions:  8,848  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,902
  • Post Score: 195

04.19.2012 | 11:29 PM ET

Fitch got matched up with Hendricks, and everyone thought it was bad because Hendricks wasn't a contender. Fitch got knocked the **** out, and fell down the ladder. That's how it works.

EDIT: Fitch should fight Shields next. That's what should have happened.

* Edited at 04.19.2012, 11:30 PM ET *

"I fight em all. Men, women, children, ******** people, it doesn't matter. If you hit me, we're gonna fight. -Charles Bennett"

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

Karma is universal and all-encompassing.  Why would Dana be exempted?  Plus, he lies to us constantly.

Promised us all 5-round Main Events.  Sanchez/Ellenberger was 3 rounds and Koscheck/Hendricks too!!  He's STILL lying.  

I tried to go over the top to dramatize my point.

One day the UFC is conquering the world, and the next day - ???  I'm not insane.  Just pissed that Fitch gets - Aaron Simpson???  Hendricks gets Koscheck, and Fitch gets screwed.  

theMMAmessiah
theMMAmessiah
  • Predictions:  7,993  |  66.5%
  • Forum Posts:  8,433
  • Post Score: 103

let's pretend for a moment that this insane premise is possible, wouldn't God just smite Dana White by having Fitch win that fight, then lay and pray his way into a 10 year title reign instead of having him get knocked out in 12 seconds?
Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

04.19.2012 | 11:30 PM ET

I'm not advocating Fitch gets a title shot.  Just feed him top contenders.  That's it!

ProdigyKid14
ProdigyKid14
  • Predictions:  8,848  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,902
  • Post Score: 195

04.19.2012 | 11:30 PM ET

Kos/Hendricks isn't the main event

"I fight em all. Men, women, children, ******** people, it doesn't matter. If you hit me, we're gonna fight. -Charles Bennett"

Brazilian Jitz
Brazilian Jitz
  • Predictions:  3,516  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  6,816
  • Post Score: 211

04.19.2012 | 11:31 PM ET

"Albert Fish... I mean that guy was a real jerk!"

thefreeman
thefreeman
  • Predictions:  9,496  |  60.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1,751
  • Post Score: 198

04.19.2012 | 11:31 PM ET

I don't care about the ridiculous god nonsense the craziest part of this post is the belief that Matt Hughes is still "a contender" 
kallousklown
kallousklown
  • Predictions:  24,203  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  10,967
  • Post Score: 177

04.19.2012 | 11:32 PM ET

Looks like Bill is celebrating 4/20 a bit early.

"Are we gonna jump, or we just gonna jerk each other off?"

Dakej
Dakej
  • Predictions:  2,722  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  1,066
  • Post Score: 201

04.19.2012 | 11:35 PM ET

I don't think we can blame Forrest Griffith for being a little sluggish and listless, he's over 80 years old!

StickmanAndrw
StickmanAndrw
  • Predictions:  5,405  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  1,146
  • Post Score: 141

04.19.2012 | 11:36 PM ET

Thank you Messiah.  Absolutely correct on that one.

Again Bill, I'm not gonna rip you apart or say you're an idiot.  But again, I just don't agree with ya.  

But let's say you're right that there is Karma against the UFC going on.  If God ever smited the UFC for anything, I'd guess it'd be more for the UFC being about fighting whereas God (in the New Testament at least, and yes, this is as religious as I'll ever get on this site on you all) seems to prefer people being peaceful.  

Still, again, maybe you're right.  Maybe God's a big Jon Fitch fan

edit: lol freeman.  good call.  hughes hasn't been a contender since BJ Penn knocked the crap out of him 

* Edited at 04.19.2012, 11:38 PM ET *

"I can't think of anything witty to say at the moment..."

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,563
  • Post Score: 275

04.19.2012 | 11:38 PM ET

Fitch had his chance at the title and he's:
- not a very entertaining fighter
- not a fan favorite
- not a company man

So this is what he gets. I'm fine with it.

"I live, I die, I live again."

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

04.19.2012 | 11:42 PM ET

Part of me wants to apologize for going over the top, but maybe tomorrow I will.  Sometimes comic opera says it better than being bitter.

When Fitch drew with Penn, Penn got Nick Diaz and Fitch got - Hendricks???

And that was after Fitch did everything but dry-hump Penn for the 3rd round.  So, Fitch got injured and when he returns, why didn't they wait for an appropriate contender?  

Brazilian Jitz
Brazilian Jitz
  • Predictions:  3,516  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  6,816
  • Post Score: 211

04.19.2012 | 11:42 PM ET

Karma..?

I fell down my stairs today..

Dammit Dana!

* Edited at 04.19.2012, 11:43 PM ET *

"Albert Fish... I mean that guy was a real jerk!"

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Karine Silva vs. Ariane da Silva prediction, pick, start time, odds for UFC on ESPN 55
  • MMA Junkie : Ryan Spann vs. Bogdan Guskov prediction, pick, start time, odds for UFC on ESPN 55
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC Vegas 91 predictions
  • MMA Mania : Nicolau Vs. Perez Betting Odds, Breakdown, Prediction
  • Bad Left Hook : McGrail vs Leach: Live discussion, 2 pm ET
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 play-by-play and live results (4 p.m. ET)
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! BKFC KnuckleMania 4 Results, Streaming Play-By-Play Updates TONIGHT
  • Bad Left Hook : Ramirez vs Barthelemy: Live updates and results, 8 pm ET
  • MMA Mania : BKFC KnuckleMania 4, live stream, play-by-play and results
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! UFC Vegas 91 Results, Streaming Updates TONIGHT!
  • MMA Mania : UFC Vegas 91 live results
  • Jits Magazine : Liisi Vaht Makes Flawless Debut In ONE Friday Fights 60 Results
  • Jits Magazine : Craig Jones Reveals His ‘Stack’ Of Steroids From Ever Titan
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC Vegas 91 Results: Nicolau vs. Perez
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 Results: Perry vs. Alves
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Even Holloway Knows He Got Dropped At UFC 300
  • MMA Junkie : Video: LFA's Kendra McIntyre ragdoll KOs opponent with absolutely vicious head kick
  • MMA Mania : Staredowns! ‘Platinum’ Has Fiery Exchange With Alves
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 weigh-in video, results
  • MMA Junkie : Anthony Smith on Alex Pereira: 'Given the opportunity, we both would jump on it'