Tapology Forums

Dana White and the Right Hand of God

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess
  • Predictions:  301  |  69.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,093
  • Post Score: 47

04.19.2012 | 11:14 PM ET

There is a line from scripture that says, "As a man soweth, so shall he reap".  So it is happening to President Dana White.  He has so screwed Jon Fitch that the long arm of God has come down from on high, and sought to wreck havoc with Dana White business.  The UFC.  

Ever since Dana and Joe Silva matched Fitch with Jonny Hendricks, the UFC has gone to Hell in a hurry.  Whenever a boss tries to undermine his employee's career, it backfires and blows up in his face.  Ever since King Divid sent Bathsheba's husband to the front lines to be killed in battle, big guys have run into trouble.

Before your jaws hit the ground, hear me out.  The argument is compelling.  One day, the UFC is riding high, on top of the world, and in very short order, everything seems to go wrong.  Murphy's Law on steroids is a good way to describe the Law of Karma.  Karma is a ***** and it's biting President Dana White hard in the ass.

Jon Fitch was coming off an injury and the top guys were all matched up.  So, instead of waiting for someone to come available, they matched him with a no-name newcomer, who hadn't earned the second best WW.  Never mind Fitch got knocked out.  That doesn't mean the match should have been made.  They could have waited for an appropriate contender, like Hughes, Shields, rematch with Penn, etc.  But no.  They screwed him.

Now, Hendricks gets Koscheck, Fitch gets - Aaron Simpson?  No.  I don't think so.  Just as inappropriate as Hendricks was.
http://www.mmaweekly.com/jon-fitch-welcomes-aaron-simpson-to-the-welterweight-division

I said at the time that if the UFC didn't give Fitch an appropriate contender, shame on them and Karma would soon go to work.  And, it has!  Big Time!  HUGE!  MASSIVE REPRISALS!

The Long Arm of God has reached down and screwed Dana White to the Wall.  It took his cash cow, Brock Lesnar, off the chessboard.  It then removed GSP for an extended period.  The 2 big draws.  But the Law of Karma was just getting started with gutting Dana White's business.  

It took Anderson Silva out of commission for a long period.  It took BJ Penn off the chessboard.  Then Nick Diaz.  So many of the best, most amazing fighters for a long time were suddenly old and fighting badly.  Matt Hughes, BJ Penn, Cro-Cop, Wanderlei Silva, Tito Ortiz.  One day Forrest Griffin is great, the next day he is sluggish and listless.  

It's one thing to have a slump.  Injuries happen.  Part of sports.  But to have so many things go wrong?  Bad timing, missed opportunities?  Dana took the Brock Lesnar news in stride, obviously because he wrongly anticipated Alistar Overeem replacing him as a cash cow.  But now, even he is in question.

President White can turn it around.  If I were Frank Fertilla, I'd tell Dana to make it right with Jon Fitch.  Scrub the Simpson fight, and match Fitch with Matt Hughes.  Or Jake Shields.  Tell BJ that if he wants to come back, he has to finish his business with Fitch in a 5-rounder.  Make things right.  Do the right thing.

There still is time for the UFC to hit new highs.  When GSP is ready to come back around November, schedule on the same card, a rematch between Velasquez/JDS, and a fight between Jon Jones and Anderson Silva.  With those 3 killer superfights, the UFC might hit between 1M - 1.3M PPV buys.  Three times the pop as the usual fare.

But unless Dana White fixes his attempted destruction and undermining of Fitch's career, it will all go awry.  When a man is on a downward spiral of negative karma, nothing seems to go right.  When the water is spilling over the sink, turn off the spigot before you start mopping the floor.

This year, the UFC hardly got over 600,000 PPV buys.  Sounds like karma to me.
Turn around, Dana.  Change your evil ways.  The sad part is that if the UFC goes down, it will take MMA down with it and a lot of wonder fighters.  They worked too hard to come to such a unjustified fate.

I realize this post will set a record for the most down arrows, but I just don't care anymore.

* Edited at 04.19.2012, 11:58 PM ET *

"Love God, live with honor, keep your agreements."

Responses Page 3

buffalo ben
buffalo ben
  • Predictions:  3,705  |  58.2%
  • Forum Posts:  6,348
  • Post Score: 157

04.20.2012 | 10:53 AM ET

I think the UFC is doing quite well all things considered.

So we lost Brock Lesnar. I for one saw this coming. Brock is talented, and he had a good run, but he's not a true fighter through, and through. He's a fairweather fighter. If he can win he likes fighting, if he losses, he doesn't want to do it anymore. I hate that. A true fighter keeps fighting even if he isn't the champion anymore. Take Diego Sanchez for example. He's a top-ten fighter in my opinion at 155 or 170 pounds. It is not likely that he will ever be UFC champion. He's come to terms with that fact, and he still fights with the same spirit as always. Now that's a fighter's spirit.

Jon Jones is running out of credible competition eh? Well GSP and Ando have both been sleeping in the lead of their respective divisions for years. No big deal. People like to see a dominant champion. (at least I do) It will be a while yet before it becomes boring and repetitive to watch  JBJ fights, and there is always the inter-division superight prospect to use with him. Ando moved up to fight Forrest to stay active and it was a huge success. The UFC is doing fine Bill. Jon Fitch should get in line. Dana is a good boss, if not perfect. There's no reason to **** on him.

"You don't have to be perfect, just dont be fraudulant"

buffalo ben
buffalo ben
  • Predictions:  3,705  |  58.2%
  • Forum Posts:  6,348
  • Post Score: 157

04.20.2012 | 10:57 AM ET

yo and they were gonna match Fitch with Shields anyways. The only reason that's not happening is that Shields wants to go back to 185. The UFC wanted that fight.

Fitch is coming off a loss, he's fallen down the ladder. IF he wants to get back to where he was he has to win a fight or two. IT wouldn't hurt for him look impressive in the process though, and i know that's not easy for him ;P

"You don't have to be perfect, just dont be fraudulant"

JudoRandori
JudoRandori

04.20.2012 | 12:06 PM ET

I am offended on behalf of Hendricks that you called him a no name. He is such a no name that I predicted the 1st round KO in my MMA fantasy league.
Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

04.20.2012 | 12:21 PM ET

Before December 30th, Hendricks was a no-name compared to Jon Fitch. It's straight-up fact. And Fitch is still a bigger name to this day.

I'll believe Bill's story on Karma ******* over Dana if Rashad dominates Jones.

"الله أكبرl"

JudoRandori
JudoRandori

04.20.2012 | 3:07 PM ET

Which name is biggER is completely irrelevant, Hendricks was an established prospect. That's like saying Jose Aldo is a no name COMPARED TO Anderson Silva, therefore he is a no name, doesn't hold up to logic at all. There are two separate statements, the one the poster made, and the one that perhaps he SHOULD have made, but they are not one and the same.
Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

04.20.2012 | 8:15 PM ET

@buffalo ben  I'm not ****ting on Dana White.  I'm not.  Although someone should.  I do feel that the long arm of God is trying to get Dana's attention.  It's not trying to ruin him.  It's trying to save his soul.  As am I.  

I, and God, are trying to get his attention and get him to correct the flaws in his soul.  If both I and God are successful, Dana will see the error in his ways, turn himself around, make it right with Jon Fitch, and the UFC will be saved for all of us MMA-addicted hardcore fans.

If not, then the UFC will continue to run into unforseen, inexplicable, unexplainable troubles and woes, and finally go out of business.  I DO NOT WANT TO SEE THIS HAPPEN!!!!!  I cannot sit idly by and watch this magnificent potential sport go down the toilet.  I cannot stay what my keyboard must say.

We are all in this boat together, you guys and me and we all have an invested stake in MMA making it.  We all want for the UFC to continue to expand, grow and prosper as it can and should.  But they say the body rots from the head down.  If the top of a company is rotten, the rest will reflect it.  

So, I like Dana and am trying to assist him to save his very soul.  By the way, it wouldn't have mattered if Dana had screwed someone else.  Screwing a fighter is wrong and will have severe repercussions, reprisals and after shocks from the Law of Karma.  No one of us is above the law, because it is not a law of man.

StickmanAndrw
StickmanAndrw
  • Predictions:  5,405  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  1,146
  • Post Score: 141

04.20.2012 | 8:23 PM ET

................................................ I can't say I expected to hear that.  If you are being serious Bill, then I will grant you that trying to use this post as a way to "get his attention" is an admirable effort, though I somewhat doubt Dana's ever gonna see this post.  If you are just joking around and just being over the top for the heck of it, then I applaud your style, as that would have taken a long time to think up.

* Edited at 04.20.2012, 8:24 PM ET *

"I can't think of anything witty to say at the moment..."

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

04.20.2012 | 8:29 PM ET

Although I am serious in my premise, I am also trying to have fun, be over the top, and entertain everyone will a comic opera style of expression.  This site can feel a little sleepy and bland or too serious, so I enjoy going over the top to generate some smiles, laughs, chuckles and humor.  Why not?  Going so long between events is getting to me.

* Edited at 04.20.2012, 8:31 PM ET *

Anik
Anik

04.20.2012 | 8:36 PM ET

@JudoRandori No it's not like Jose Aldo being compared to Anderson Silva.

Johny Hendricks was exactly what you said he was, an established prospect.

Jose Aldo is arguably the greatest less-than-155 fighter in the history of MMA.

No it's not alike. Johny Hendricks lost to Rick Story and was coming off a win vs Waldburger and a split-decision vs Pierce. Jon Fitch drawed vs BJ Penn (everyone who watched that fight and their mother knows that Fitch should've won that fight) and beat Thiago Alves who just came off his loss vs. Georges St-Pierre.

No it's not alike at all.

"الله أكبرl"

StickmanAndrw
StickmanAndrw
  • Predictions:  5,405  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  1,146
  • Post Score: 141

04.20.2012 | 8:40 PM ET

Lol okay then.  I was a little worried there for a second.  As long as I know that I won't have to fetch the nice guys with white jackets to collect you, then yeah there can't really be any hard in having a little fun!

"I can't think of anything witty to say at the moment..."

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

04.22.2012 | 11:05 AM ET

I brought up the subject of mismatches with respect to Rory McDonald and Che Mills.  It went about as everyone expected.  It comformed to the Form Chart.  Rory walked through him like a pitbull going after poodle bait.  

Now that that is over, I hope the UFC gives Che a real shot at showing us his skills.  Maybe give him a good fighter but not someone on a tear.  Say, CB Dollaway, Amir Sadollah, or Mike Pyle.  Dollaway is expected to fight Jason Miller on May 26, so he will be free around 3 months later.  Sadollah is expected to face Lopez on May 26, and Pyle is expected to fight Josh Neer on June 8.  Any of them would be more appropriate than McDonald.

And give Rory someone befitting his skills.  The rematch with Condit must wait for now.  Nick Diaz would be epic but Nick is sitting out his problems for now also.  Jake Shields is moving up to MW for weight-cutting difficulties.  

Jake Ellenberger and Marty Kampmann are on each other's dance cards for June 1.  What about having Rory ask for Ellenberger this September, and then ask for Condit after Carlos finishes with GSP?  That would be 2 harsh scraps on his own level.

Anik
Anik

04.22.2012 | 11:07 AM ET

How about the Yagin-Mark "The Machine" Hominick match? That was a gross mismatch and "the right hand of God" made Dana pay. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight?

"الله أكبرl"

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

04.22.2012 | 11:26 AM ET

What do you think?  If I didn't know you better, I'd think you were trying to temp me into a famous Burgessian RANT.  Something a la Dennis Miller?

* Edited at 04.22.2012, 11:27 AM ET *

Anik
Anik

04.22.2012 | 11:34 AM ET

I'm not trying to temp you into anything. I actually like your karma idea, as absurd as it sounds. 

EDIT: I'm one of the two people who thumbed you up.

* Edited at 04.22.2012, 11:34 AM ET *

"الله أكبرl"

mulefloyd
mulefloyd
  • Predictions:  15,502  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  8,792
  • Post Score: 180

04.22.2012 | 11:35 AM ET

Bill, for someone who usually has pretty good facts for his arguments, this one is very weak. Hendricks had only lost 1 decision (Story) so was definitely a worthy opponent for a Fitch coming off a draw and a 10? month layoff. I do think Fitch/GSP II would be much more interesting/competitive than most fans probably do but he also hasn't "dominated" (an overused word) any of his opponents and Hendricks, on paper, had the wrestling pedigree to at least challenge Fitch.

Oh and Dollaway's a MW

"Grammar. The difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****."

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

04.22.2012 | 11:38 AM ET

mr burgess has always stated hendricks was non deserving. its getting old. he crushed fitch and he can't handle it. i told you hendricks was a 2 time NCAA national champion in colllegiate wrestling. case closed.
Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

04.22.2012 | 11:41 AM ET

Oh, in that case, I will give you my true feelings.  Mark Hominick, after his glorious fight with Jose Aldo, proved his skills.  His tenacity in not quitting with that big egg on his forehead spoke volumes.

The fight with Yagin should not have been made.  It was a mystery.  Mark deserved a name.  But I suppose that they're having difficultities finding names at that weight class.  Yagin lost his UFC maiden voyage and then was assigned Mark?  Where was the logic in that?  I just didn't see it.  

But he beat him, and when there's a lot of blood, everyone feels good.  Got FOTN.  So, go figure.  

Now, the long arm of God will further meddle in Dana's business.  It doesn't pay to tamper with the primal forces of nature, Mr. Beal, and YOU WILL ATONE! (From Network movie.)

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

04.22.2012 | 11:44 AM ET

At that moment, Hendricks was 100% undeserving.  Not only my opinion.  Merely a fact.  The jury is out on Johnny.  Time will tell.  Frankly, I hope he does well and has a good career.  But he was not an appropriate opponent, at that moment for Jon Fitch.

We can disagree without getting nasty.  

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

04.22.2012 | 11:46 AM ET

homminick got destroyed in his next fight by TKZ. the fight with yagin was supposed to be an easy fight for him to get back on track. guess what. yagin had other plans. plus who is getting nasty. i just stated a fact about johny hendricks.

* Edited at 04.22.2012, 11:47 AM ET *

Anik
Anik

04.22.2012 | 12:09 PM ET

Wolf, there is no way you can say that Hendricks deserved that fight vs. Jon Fitch at the time of the fight.

Johny Hendricks is a great fighter, don't get me wrong, but that was a fluke. Jon Fitch got knocked down over 9000 times against GSP but one shot from Hendricks closes his lights?

Hendricks was coming off a split-decision win vs Mike Pierce (that he arguably lost and Pierce's biggest win in his career at the time was Brock Larsen...) and a TKO of TJ Waldburger. Fitch was coming off a draw against BJ Penn that he obviously won (please, watch that fight. There is no way Penn salvaged a draw) and a dominant win against Thiago Alves who just came off his loss vs GSP.

Hendricks didn't deserve that fight. He won via fluke punch. A 1 in 100 chance.

"الله أكبرl"

Page 3

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : MMA Junkie Radio #3461: Daniel Cormier and Austin O'Connor interviews, UFC preview, more
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia extend partnership for another event, sponsorship deal
  • MMA Junkie : Joaquin Buckley aims for 'viral moment' in St. Louis homecoming fight at UFC on ESPN 56
  • MMA Mania : Dolidze Vs. Pereira Added To UFC Louisville
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC heavyweight Tai Tuivasa to appear on The Amazing Race Australia
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Jared Cannonier Was Offered Paulo Costa At UFC 301, Admits Next Fight ‘Wasn’t What I Wanted’
  • MMA Mania : Jones: ‘Intern’ Champ Aspinall ‘Just As Selfish’ To Wait For Undisputed Title Fight
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘This is retirement for him’: Kambosos expects to end Lomachenko’s career with KO
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘This is retirement for him’: George Kambosos expects to end Vasiliy Lomachenko’s career with KO
  • Middle Easy : Stipe Miocic Reveals Timeline For Jon Jones Fight as ‘Bones’ Doubles Down on Ducking Tom Aspinall
  • UFC.com : Road To UFC Season 3 Matchups
  • MMA Junkie : Jared Cannonier vs. Nassourdine Imavov headlines UFC Fight Night in Louisville
  • MMA Junkie : Islam Makhachev predicts guillotine choke will lead to Dustin Poirier's downfall at UFC 302
  • MMA Mania : PFL MENA Weigh Ins Results, Staredowns!
  • MMAFighting.com : Derrick Lewis thought Popeyes was key to longevity, believes he’s in his prime ahead of UFC St. Louis
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 1 star Art ‘One Glove’ Jimmerson dies at 60
  • MMA Junkie : Jon Jones steadfast in Stipe Miocic fight over unifying UFC titles: 'I’m in the middle of a pretty clear decision'
  • MMAFighting.com : Roman Dolidze vs. Michel Pereira set for UFC Louisville
  • MMA Mania : Is UFC Leaving ESPN For Netflix?
  • UFC.com : Art Jimmerson, 1963 - 2024