Tapology Forums

Dana White and the Right Hand of God

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess
  • Predictions:  301  |  69.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,093
  • Post Score: 47

04.19.2012 | 11:14 PM ET

There is a line from scripture that says, "As a man soweth, so shall he reap".  So it is happening to President Dana White.  He has so screwed Jon Fitch that the long arm of God has come down from on high, and sought to wreck havoc with Dana White business.  The UFC.  

Ever since Dana and Joe Silva matched Fitch with Jonny Hendricks, the UFC has gone to Hell in a hurry.  Whenever a boss tries to undermine his employee's career, it backfires and blows up in his face.  Ever since King Divid sent Bathsheba's husband to the front lines to be killed in battle, big guys have run into trouble.

Before your jaws hit the ground, hear me out.  The argument is compelling.  One day, the UFC is riding high, on top of the world, and in very short order, everything seems to go wrong.  Murphy's Law on steroids is a good way to describe the Law of Karma.  Karma is a ***** and it's biting President Dana White hard in the ass.

Jon Fitch was coming off an injury and the top guys were all matched up.  So, instead of waiting for someone to come available, they matched him with a no-name newcomer, who hadn't earned the second best WW.  Never mind Fitch got knocked out.  That doesn't mean the match should have been made.  They could have waited for an appropriate contender, like Hughes, Shields, rematch with Penn, etc.  But no.  They screwed him.

Now, Hendricks gets Koscheck, Fitch gets - Aaron Simpson?  No.  I don't think so.  Just as inappropriate as Hendricks was.
http://www.mmaweekly.com/jon-fitch-welcomes-aaron-simpson-to-the-welterweight-division

I said at the time that if the UFC didn't give Fitch an appropriate contender, shame on them and Karma would soon go to work.  And, it has!  Big Time!  HUGE!  MASSIVE REPRISALS!

The Long Arm of God has reached down and screwed Dana White to the Wall.  It took his cash cow, Brock Lesnar, off the chessboard.  It then removed GSP for an extended period.  The 2 big draws.  But the Law of Karma was just getting started with gutting Dana White's business.  

It took Anderson Silva out of commission for a long period.  It took BJ Penn off the chessboard.  Then Nick Diaz.  So many of the best, most amazing fighters for a long time were suddenly old and fighting badly.  Matt Hughes, BJ Penn, Cro-Cop, Wanderlei Silva, Tito Ortiz.  One day Forrest Griffin is great, the next day he is sluggish and listless.  

It's one thing to have a slump.  Injuries happen.  Part of sports.  But to have so many things go wrong?  Bad timing, missed opportunities?  Dana took the Brock Lesnar news in stride, obviously because he wrongly anticipated Alistar Overeem replacing him as a cash cow.  But now, even he is in question.

President White can turn it around.  If I were Frank Fertilla, I'd tell Dana to make it right with Jon Fitch.  Scrub the Simpson fight, and match Fitch with Matt Hughes.  Or Jake Shields.  Tell BJ that if he wants to come back, he has to finish his business with Fitch in a 5-rounder.  Make things right.  Do the right thing.

There still is time for the UFC to hit new highs.  When GSP is ready to come back around November, schedule on the same card, a rematch between Velasquez/JDS, and a fight between Jon Jones and Anderson Silva.  With those 3 killer superfights, the UFC might hit between 1M - 1.3M PPV buys.  Three times the pop as the usual fare.

But unless Dana White fixes his attempted destruction and undermining of Fitch's career, it will all go awry.  When a man is on a downward spiral of negative karma, nothing seems to go right.  When the water is spilling over the sink, turn off the spigot before you start mopping the floor.

This year, the UFC hardly got over 600,000 PPV buys.  Sounds like karma to me.
Turn around, Dana.  Change your evil ways.  The sad part is that if the UFC goes down, it will take MMA down with it and a lot of wonder fighters.  They worked too hard to come to such a unjustified fate.

I realize this post will set a record for the most down arrows, but I just don't care anymore.

* Edited at 04.19.2012, 11:58 PM ET *

"Love God, live with honor, keep your agreements."

Responses Page 28

ProdigyKid14
ProdigyKid14
  • Predictions:  8,848  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,902
  • Post Score: 195

03.31.2013 | 9:25 PM ET

This is the GOAT of internet threads as far as i'm concerned.

"I fight em all. Men, women, children, ******** people, it doesn't matter. If you hit me, we're gonna fight. -Charles Bennett"

MasterSpanky
MasterSpanky
  • Predictions:  185  |  71.4%
  • Forum Posts:  59
  • Post Score: 398

03.31.2013 | 9:36 PM ET

This thread gives me a raging Kaliboner

JUST SPANK IT!

"Oooh! Master Spanky! Yum, yum. Scrumptious, delecteoso!"

MadMikeXD
MadMikeXD

03.31.2013 | 9:38 PM ET

LONG LIVE THE BROTHERHOOD!
MasterSpanky
MasterSpanky
  • Predictions:  185  |  71.4%
  • Forum Posts:  59
  • Post Score: 398

03.31.2013 | 9:40 PM ET

Yes my friend, may it prosper. May the Dong rise again!

"Oooh! Master Spanky! Yum, yum. Scrumptious, delecteoso!"

buffalo ben
buffalo ben
  • Predictions:  3,705  |  58.2%
  • Forum Posts:  6,348
  • Post Score: 157

03.31.2013 | 9:41 PM ET

Hendricks is the number 1 contender. He deserved to fight a top contender, Fitch was that top contender. Had Fitch killed Hendricks THEN you could argue that Hendricks didn't deserve to be in in the cage with him, but Hendricks won.

"You don't have to be perfect, just dont be fraudulant"

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

03.31.2013 | 11:54 PM ET

Long live the Brotherhood of the Faithful Hand.

When the Hand covets its Mighty Scepter, It must have it.  The sacrament is not consummated until thy Cup runneth over. 

Happy the Hand that holds the Staff of Power!

* Edited at 04.01.2013, 2:06 AM ET *

buffalo ben
buffalo ben
  • Predictions:  3,705  |  58.2%
  • Forum Posts:  6,348
  • Post Score: 157

04.01.2013 | 2:57 AM ET

I have 4 thumbs down, and only one reply. That means 3-4 people are *******.

Hendricks wouldn't have gotten where he is today if he didn't get to fight better and better guys each time. That's how it works. He won the fight for ****'s sake, how can you say he didn't deserve it?

Actually, Bill isn't even answering my post. Looks like he's quoting something religious. Oh boy.

* Edited at 04.01.2013, 3:04 AM ET *

"You don't have to be perfect, just dont be fraudulant"

SRAOnline
SRAOnline
  • Predictions:  9,854  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  1,719
  • Post Score: 313

04.01.2013 | 3:01 AM ET

It wasn't me ben, I agree with you.

"Pretend to be someone you're not once, and you're a liar. Do it every day, and you're a professional."

WishIsHere
WishIsHere
  • Predictions:  24,429  |  64.4%
  • Forum Posts:  7,003
  • Post Score: 232

04.01.2013 | 3:18 AM ET

I don't think Buffalo Ben realizes this entire tread is an inside joke.

Plus I necro'd the thread saying the right hand of god struck again with a picture of Gufstafsson. Nothing to do with Hendricks or GSP and you go on a rant about those 2 and Fitch. I would assume you got downs due to completely missing the point of where this thread is at currently in it's progression.

"I bought a Bruno mars cd once - gunn4206"

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

04.01.2013 | 9:35 AM ET

This thread must be the GOAT!  It simply refuses to die.  On Easter Sunday, March 31, 2013, it resurrected itself, yet again.  

Ben!!!  Something religious???  Have you missed all the symbolism of the Happy Hand???  Looks like it!

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

04.01.2013 | 9:58 AM ET

ben has his antipanties in a knot, the fact of the matter is Fitch was screwed by the right hand of God and everyone knows that.

Right hand of God punched Gustafsson so hard that it knocked him out of next week's FUEL TV event. Why did God do it? Because White cut Fitch. The right hand of God is swift in its dealing of justice.

"الله أكبرl"

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

04.01.2013 | 10:40 AM ET

Well, if we really wanted to probe a little deeper.  The Right Hand of God has been quite active in messing with President Dana White's business.

It took away Alistair Overeem as his cash cow to replace Brock Lesnar.

It took away Hector Lombard as a big, exciting drawing card. 

It made Junior Dos Santos look like a big ***** in his rematch with Cain Velasquez.  

So, so many of the UFC's old guard are now under-performing, thus denying the organization much needed drawing power when it needs it most.

Shane Carwin, Rashad Evans, Mauicio Rua, Forrest Griffin, Rich Franklin, Wanderlei Silva, Chris Leben, Josh Koscheck, Rick Story, Paulo Thiago, Erick Silva, Siyar Bahadurzada, Nate Marquardt, Diego Sanchez, Melvin Guillard, Clay Guida, Leonard Garcia.

Dominick Cruz is hurt.

The Right Hand of God is a long arm.  Dana White's arms are too short to box with God.

Most cruelly, the Right Hand of God is not permitting one of the super-fights to happen, that might revitalize the UFC's sagging, financial fortunes.  

* Edited at 04.01.2013, 10:43 AM ET *

Page 28

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : MMA Junkie Radio #3461: Daniel Cormier and Austin O'Connor interviews, UFC preview, more
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia extend partnership for another event, sponsorship deal
  • MMA Junkie : Joaquin Buckley aims for 'viral moment' in St. Louis homecoming fight at UFC on ESPN 56
  • MMA Mania : Dolidze Vs. Pereira Added To UFC Louisville
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC heavyweight Tai Tuivasa to appear on The Amazing Race Australia
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Jared Cannonier Was Offered Paulo Costa At UFC 301, Admits Next Fight ‘Wasn’t What I Wanted’
  • MMA Mania : Jones: ‘Intern’ Champ Aspinall ‘Just As Selfish’ To Wait For Undisputed Title Fight
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘This is retirement for him’: Kambosos expects to end Lomachenko’s career with KO
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘This is retirement for him’: George Kambosos expects to end Vasiliy Lomachenko’s career with KO
  • Middle Easy : Stipe Miocic Reveals Timeline For Jon Jones Fight as ‘Bones’ Doubles Down on Ducking Tom Aspinall
  • UFC.com : Road To UFC Season 3 Matchups
  • MMA Junkie : Jared Cannonier vs. Nassourdine Imavov headlines UFC Fight Night in Louisville
  • MMA Junkie : Islam Makhachev predicts guillotine choke will lead to Dustin Poirier's downfall at UFC 302
  • MMA Mania : PFL MENA Weigh Ins Results, Staredowns!
  • MMAFighting.com : Derrick Lewis thought Popeyes was key to longevity, believes he’s in his prime ahead of UFC St. Louis
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 1 star Art ‘One Glove’ Jimmerson dies at 60
  • MMA Junkie : Jon Jones steadfast in Stipe Miocic fight over unifying UFC titles: 'I’m in the middle of a pretty clear decision'
  • MMAFighting.com : Roman Dolidze vs. Michel Pereira set for UFC Louisville
  • MMA Mania : Is UFC Leaving ESPN For Netflix?
  • UFC.com : Art Jimmerson, 1963 - 2024