Tapology Forums

Dana White and the Right Hand of God

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess
  • Predictions:  301  |  69.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,093
  • Post Score: 47

04.19.2012 | 11:14 PM ET

There is a line from scripture that says, "As a man soweth, so shall he reap".  So it is happening to President Dana White.  He has so screwed Jon Fitch that the long arm of God has come down from on high, and sought to wreck havoc with Dana White business.  The UFC.  

Ever since Dana and Joe Silva matched Fitch with Jonny Hendricks, the UFC has gone to Hell in a hurry.  Whenever a boss tries to undermine his employee's career, it backfires and blows up in his face.  Ever since King Divid sent Bathsheba's husband to the front lines to be killed in battle, big guys have run into trouble.

Before your jaws hit the ground, hear me out.  The argument is compelling.  One day, the UFC is riding high, on top of the world, and in very short order, everything seems to go wrong.  Murphy's Law on steroids is a good way to describe the Law of Karma.  Karma is a ***** and it's biting President Dana White hard in the ass.

Jon Fitch was coming off an injury and the top guys were all matched up.  So, instead of waiting for someone to come available, they matched him with a no-name newcomer, who hadn't earned the second best WW.  Never mind Fitch got knocked out.  That doesn't mean the match should have been made.  They could have waited for an appropriate contender, like Hughes, Shields, rematch with Penn, etc.  But no.  They screwed him.

Now, Hendricks gets Koscheck, Fitch gets - Aaron Simpson?  No.  I don't think so.  Just as inappropriate as Hendricks was.
http://www.mmaweekly.com/jon-fitch-welcomes-aaron-simpson-to-the-welterweight-division

I said at the time that if the UFC didn't give Fitch an appropriate contender, shame on them and Karma would soon go to work.  And, it has!  Big Time!  HUGE!  MASSIVE REPRISALS!

The Long Arm of God has reached down and screwed Dana White to the Wall.  It took his cash cow, Brock Lesnar, off the chessboard.  It then removed GSP for an extended period.  The 2 big draws.  But the Law of Karma was just getting started with gutting Dana White's business.  

It took Anderson Silva out of commission for a long period.  It took BJ Penn off the chessboard.  Then Nick Diaz.  So many of the best, most amazing fighters for a long time were suddenly old and fighting badly.  Matt Hughes, BJ Penn, Cro-Cop, Wanderlei Silva, Tito Ortiz.  One day Forrest Griffin is great, the next day he is sluggish and listless.  

It's one thing to have a slump.  Injuries happen.  Part of sports.  But to have so many things go wrong?  Bad timing, missed opportunities?  Dana took the Brock Lesnar news in stride, obviously because he wrongly anticipated Alistar Overeem replacing him as a cash cow.  But now, even he is in question.

President White can turn it around.  If I were Frank Fertilla, I'd tell Dana to make it right with Jon Fitch.  Scrub the Simpson fight, and match Fitch with Matt Hughes.  Or Jake Shields.  Tell BJ that if he wants to come back, he has to finish his business with Fitch in a 5-rounder.  Make things right.  Do the right thing.

There still is time for the UFC to hit new highs.  When GSP is ready to come back around November, schedule on the same card, a rematch between Velasquez/JDS, and a fight between Jon Jones and Anderson Silva.  With those 3 killer superfights, the UFC might hit between 1M - 1.3M PPV buys.  Three times the pop as the usual fare.

But unless Dana White fixes his attempted destruction and undermining of Fitch's career, it will all go awry.  When a man is on a downward spiral of negative karma, nothing seems to go right.  When the water is spilling over the sink, turn off the spigot before you start mopping the floor.

This year, the UFC hardly got over 600,000 PPV buys.  Sounds like karma to me.
Turn around, Dana.  Change your evil ways.  The sad part is that if the UFC goes down, it will take MMA down with it and a lot of wonder fighters.  They worked too hard to come to such a unjustified fate.

I realize this post will set a record for the most down arrows, but I just don't care anymore.

* Edited at 04.19.2012, 11:58 PM ET *

"Love God, live with honor, keep your agreements."

Responses Page 4

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

04.22.2012 | 12:12 PM ET

and we all know penn gives 100% in every fight. lol. hendricks is going to wrestlek**** kos and fitch fights who next?
Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

04.22.2012 | 8:20 PM ET

@AnikM  You're my new hero.  Rock-solid irrefutable logic.  Wolf sounds like just another Fitch hater.  Even if Johnny Hendricks turns out to be a very good fighter, his record was light-years away from being deserving of the #2 WW.

Fitch had just dry-humped BJ Penn and made him look just awful.  

You may not like Fitch or his fighting style, but at least give him his just due.  His fight with Thiago Alves was billed as a first contender fight.  But Dana White, who isn't on speaking terms with the truth, took back the promise and ****** Fitch.  

There is just no case to undermine the career of one fighter just to promote the career of another.

* Edited at 04.22.2012, 8:54 PM ET *

theMMAmessiah
theMMAmessiah
  • Predictions:  7,993  |  66.5%
  • Forum Posts:  8,433
  • Post Score: 103

04.22.2012 | 8:23 PM ET

@bill just give it up dude. UFC is a business. No one aside from you and Jon's mom wanted to see him in a title fight. So he wasn't given one, if he was as good as you say he never would have been knocked out in 12 seconds. That is irrefutable logic, not all this idiotic conjecture you keep blabbing about.
Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

04.22.2012 | 8:30 PM ET

This fight game, when done right, is such a beautiful thing.  It has its own rules, conduct, protocols, laws and guidelines.  It has an order and balance and harmony.  When done right.

When done wrong, it can be painful.  The fight game has its own rhythm, cadence, flow.  If fighters are kept fighting others of their relative level, both fighters prosper.  When the discrepancy is too large, neither fighter has the opportunity to learn as much.  Or grow.  

When matches are made between unlike levels of fighters, or unlike records, mismatches hurt both the fighters and the sport, and our entertainment potential.  

Hendricks/Fitch should NEVER have been made.  GSP/Serra should NEWER have been made.  McDonald/Mills should NEVER have been made.  Fitch/Aaron Simpson should NEVER have been made.  

When matchmakers make these kinds of matches, they show just how far the UFC is from being a legitimate sport.  How much an entertainment business it is.  

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

04.22.2012 | 8:37 PM ET

messiah  What are you blabbering about?  I'm not even advocating for a title shot for Jon Fitch anymore.  Haven't for a while.  I just ask he be given WW contenders, because he deserves them.  
What what the **** are you driveling about if he was so good he wouldn't have gotten knocked out in 12 seconds?  He might have been rusty from his injury and have his timing not perfect.  You kill me.  GSP got knocked out by someone not in his league.  Mike Tyson once got knocked out by Buster Douglas, who wasn't even ranked.

Anyone can get caught.  Everyone has a puncher's chance.  Upsets happen in sports.  Just because Serra beat GSP and Hendricks caught Fitch doesn't mean those fights weren't mismatches and shouldn't have happened.  You have a lot to learn.  Just because upsets can happen doesn't mean you go out of your way to make them happen.

* Edited at 04.22.2012, 8:41 PM ET *

theMMAmessiah
theMMAmessiah
  • Predictions:  7,993  |  66.5%
  • Forum Posts:  8,433
  • Post Score: 103

04.22.2012 | 8:38 PM ET

I tend to lean in agreement with analias that you are a super elaborate troll so I don't know why I'm debating with you but anyway, matches are made on a number of things, availability, rankings, style. Not every fight can be between a fighters ranked right next to each other, the fact that you think you could do any better or that they are making these match ups as any type of malice is just ridiculous.
Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

04.22.2012 | 8:38 PM ET

@Bill Burgess Love you too, even if you're old enough to be my grandfather.

Dana consistently screws Fitch, he fought two number 1 contender matches, the judges screwed up one of them and Dana promised Fitch a rematch that he didn't get.

While I do agree that Fitch would have absolutely no success in a rematch with GSP, I think that's more of a testament to how good GSP is. If Fitch is truly the number 2 welterweight on the planet, then what does that say about GSP?

Bill, you're forgetting about Anderson Silva/Travis Lutter or maybe even Anderson/Maia as a match that shouldn't have happened.

@theMMAmessiah He got KOed in 12 seconds. It's a fluke. Flukes have happened before and Fitch/Hendricks had the characteristics of a fluke. Like Ramerry Sokoudjou vs Lil Nog. Gonna tell me that's legitimate? Or Daiju Takase vs. Anderson? Or Serra vs GSP? Those fights all have a lot of common things with the Hendricks/Fitch fight.

"الله أكبرl"

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

04.22.2012 | 8:53 PM ET

@Messiah  You're getting personal and ugly.  I AM NOT A TROLL.  Trolls just post for attention.  They probably don't believe what they say or don't care.  I believe what I post and I care.

I do believe that Dana White is deliberately trying to squash Jon Fitch's career, but I do NOT think the same about the other mismatches.  They were simply a product of ignorance.

If a fighter comes to you and says, "Put me in coach, I'm ready to play.", sometimes the UFC must adopt a parental disciplinary tone and say, "No, Rory. There are no appropriate opponents available at this particular moment, but just as soon as one becomes available, we will ask them."

That didn't happen.  It could have and should have.  Fitch should have been told to be patient and wait.  I suspect he was coerced into taking the Hendricks fight.  I suspect he is being coerced into taking the Aaron Simpson fight.

They are no doubt telling him, "We don't know when a WW contender will be available TO YOU!"  Take Simpson and trust us.  If you win, we'll let you work your way back up the WW ladder gradually.

Jon Fitch is in an impossible, no-win situation with the UFC.  They are the only game in town, and he has absolutely no leverage but to take the drippings from the Master's Table.  And pray something happens to save his career.  I consider it an HONOR and PRIVILEGE to carry his flag on these boards. 

Between Dana White and the Fitch haters, Jon Fitch is in as desperate a position as any hard-working athlete in the world today.  His position reminds me of a baseball player in MLB before free agency.  Had to take what was offered.

* Edited at 04.22.2012, 8:59 PM ET *

Anik
Anik

04.22.2012 | 9:04 PM ET

@Bill Burgess 1000% Agreed. Dana White is throwing Fitchster under the bus because he's "boring". He's also the 2nd best welterweight on the planet and should be shown some more respect. He's been with the company for quite awhile too, but he gets stomped on every time. And Fitch has been patient, far too patient if you ask me.

I will gladly wave the Fitch flag along with Bill.

"الله أكبرl"

zarog
zarog
  • Predictions:  2,855  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  4,174
  • Post Score: 241

04.22.2012 | 9:31 PM ET

As much as I dislike Fitch, I will admit the UFC has treated him poorly based on their business decisions. However, after having the 2 worst performances since his loss to GSP he needs a relatively easy win so that he can get some of that momentum back. Also, when was it announced that Fitch would be fighting Simpson?

"Surrender??!! You think this letter on my head stands for France?" - Captain America

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

04.22.2012 | 11:15 PM ET

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

06.02.2012 | 12:27 PM ET

Now Thiago Silva is out of UFC 149 due to a back injury.
http://www.mmafighting.com/ufc/2012/6/1/3057512/back-injury-forces-thiago-silva-out-of-ufc-149-fight-against-shogun 

Anderson Silva injured his knee in training but the Chael Sonnen rematch is still on.  For now.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1199743-anderson-silva-injured-fight-with-sonnen-still-on

And the downward spiral just keeps going on and on.  

Condit, Hendricks & Nate Diaz have all shelved themselves in anticipation of title shots.  Taking good talent off the table for extended long periods of time.  That doesn't help the UFC make money now.

And for the purposes of this thread, I've limited myself to the really Big Names.  God only knows who among the 450 fighters the UFC has under contract are currently unable to take fights due to injuries.  

And while I understand that injuries are a normal part of all sports, including MMA, the UFC has seen its fair share of them, since it starting screwing Jon Fitch, just explode out of all reason.  Coincidence or karma? 

For the purposes of this thread, I define when the UFC started screwing Jon Fitch when they cheated him out of his title shot following his win over Thiago Alves on August 7, 2010.  But the real screwing started when they scheduled him to fight Johny Hendricks September 12, 2011. 
http://espn.go.com/mma/story/_/id/6962120/jon-fitch-oppose-johny-hendricks-ufc-141-las-vegas-sources-say  

* Edited at 06.02.2012, 2:20 PM ET *

mulefloyd
mulefloyd
  • Predictions:  15,502  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  8,792
  • Post Score: 180

06.02.2012 | 12:44 PM ET

Bill, since Aug. 7, 2010 the UFC has also: purchased Strikeforce, pilfered most of their stars, put on one single card that outshined SF's entire HWGP, and, oh yeah, signed a deal with some little bitty TV station.

"Grammar. The difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****."

Russello
Russello
  • Predictions:  6,288  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  2,839
  • Post Score: 279

06.02.2012 | 12:49 PM ET

What if God is rewarding Dana with the fox deal for screwing over Fitch but injuring his fighters for keeping him in the UFC?..

"In the quiet words of the virgin Mary.. come again?"

Anik
Anik

06.02.2012 | 12:50 PM ET

BLASPHEMY RUSSELLO! TAKE IT BACK OR THE RIGHT HAND OF GOD WILL SMACK THE **** OUTTA YOU!

"الله أكبرl"

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

06.02.2012 | 12:54 PM ET

@mule  I understand all that.  The purchase of SF and our emergence on Fox TV are amazingly, huge opportunities for growth.  We all stood on our desks and went nuts with standing ovations for those 2 events.

We are all pro-UFC.  We are all wanting MMA to grow, conquer the world, and give us a reason to be much happier than before.  But when the powerful do an obvious wrong to someone, just because they can, that is bad and triggers universal forces to operate against what we all want!

The UFC has always had injuries, bad luck, etc., as all sports do.  But since the UFC scheduled the Fitch/Hendricks fight, their normal bad luck had exploded out of all proportion or expectation.  Coincidence or karma?  I think the answer is quite obvious - bad karma.  

But the good news is that bad karma can be changed by changing the bad intentions.  It can all go away as quickly as it came.  Start doing right, and you change your so-called future.  Change your attitude, change your life.

CashBrewyn
CashBrewyn
  • Predictions:  21,572  |  61.7%
  • Forum Posts:  4,045
  • Post Score: 212

06.02.2012 | 1:10 PM ET

how do we know this bad karma is because of the Fitch fight and not some other that happened on the same night? i blame Manny Gamburyan

"My hearts pumpin' the blood of Royce Gracie My thoughts dumpin' the slug and point straightly"

mulefloyd
mulefloyd
  • Predictions:  15,502  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  8,792
  • Post Score: 180

06.02.2012 | 1:26 PM ET

I think the Fitch/Hendricks matchup was fine. Much better than Mendes/McKenzie, MacDonald/Mills, or making Sadollah/Lopez a freaking co-main just to mention a few. 

"Grammar. The difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****."

Anik
Anik

06.02.2012 | 1:40 PM ET

very true, but Jon Fitch was still screwed by the UFC. And now they pay.

"الله أكبرl"

C_Arnoud
C_Arnoud
  • Predictions:  3,914  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  2,448
  • Post Score: 200

06.02.2012 | 1:53 PM ET

why is it the UFC's fault if Hendricks is a better fighter?

Page 4

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : The IBJJF Announces The Return Of The Crown For 2024
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: ‘I Could Smell Your Fear’
  • Bad Left Hook : Adames vs Gausha and Puello vs Russell reportedly set for June 15
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Don’t Care About The Title. I Just Want To Fight Jones’
  • MMA Mania : McGregor Required To Reveal Earnings From Proper No. Twelve Sale
  • MMA Junkie : MMA Junkie Radio #3461: Daniel Cormier and Austin O'Connor interviews, UFC preview, more
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia extend partnership for another event, sponsorship deal
  • MMA Junkie : Joaquin Buckley aims for 'viral moment' in St. Louis homecoming fight at UFC on ESPN 56
  • MMA Mania : Dolidze Vs. Pereira Added To UFC Louisville
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC heavyweight Tai Tuivasa to appear on The Amazing Race Australia
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Jared Cannonier Was Offered Paulo Costa At UFC 301, Admits Next Fight ‘Wasn’t What I Wanted’
  • MMA Mania : Jones: ‘Intern’ Champ Aspinall ‘Just As Selfish’ To Wait For Undisputed Title Fight
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘This is retirement for him’: Kambosos expects to end Lomachenko’s career with KO
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘This is retirement for him’: George Kambosos expects to end Vasiliy Lomachenko’s career with KO
  • Middle Easy : Stipe Miocic Reveals Timeline For Jon Jones Fight as ‘Bones’ Doubles Down on Ducking Tom Aspinall
  • UFC.com : Road To UFC Season 3 Matchups
  • MMA Junkie : Jared Cannonier vs. Nassourdine Imavov headlines UFC Fight Night in Louisville
  • MMA Junkie : Islam Makhachev predicts guillotine choke will lead to Dustin Poirier's downfall at UFC 302
  • MMA Mania : PFL MENA Weigh Ins Results, Staredowns!
  • MMAFighting.com : Derrick Lewis thought Popeyes was key to longevity, believes he’s in his prime ahead of UFC St. Louis