Topic: UFC 271

UFC 271: Adesanya vs. Whittaker 2

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,357
  • Post Score: 47

10.08.2021 | 2:17 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC 271
  • Saturday 02.12.2022 at 06:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: Pay Per View | Prelims: ESPN
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: Toyota Center
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Jon Anik, Daniel Cormier, Michael Bisping
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Daniel Cormier
  • Ticket Revenue (live gate): $4,300,000
  • Attendance: 17,872
  • PPV Buys / Buyrate: N/A | TV Ratings: 901,000 avg. viewers (ESPN prelims)
  • MMA Bouts: 14
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Israel Adesanya   defeats   Robert Whittaker   via Decision, Unanimous   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
Tai Tuivasa   defeats   Derrick Lewis   via KO/TKO, Elbow   1:40 Round 2 of 3, 6:40 Total Bout Page
Jared Cannonier   defeats   Derek Brunson   via KO/TKO, Elbows   4:29 Round 2 of 3, 9:29 Total Bout Page
Renato Moicano   defeats   Alexander Hernandez   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   1:23 Round 2 of 3, 6:23 Total Bout Page
Bobby Green   defeats   Nasrat Haqparast   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Andrei Arlovski   defeats   Jared Vanderaa   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Casey O'Neill   defeats   Roxanne Modafferi   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Kyler Phillips   defeats   Marcelo Rojo   via Submission, Triangle-armbar   1:48 Round 3 of 3, 11:48 Total Bout Page
Carlos Ulberg   defeats   Fabio Cherant   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Ronnie Lawrence   defeats   Mana Martinez   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Jacob Malkoun   defeats   AJ Dobson   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Douglas Silva de Andrade   defeats   Sergey Morozov   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   3:34 Round 2 of 3, 8:34 Total Bout Page
Jeremiah Wells   defeats   Mike Mathetha   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   4:38 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Maxim Grishin   defeats   William Knight   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 13

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

02.07.2022 | 3:13 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 14 Winners, 4 Perfect, 580 Points   |   Tied for 1880th

Another compelling and incredibly useful breakdown by stuthehistoryguy.

Why even bother writing anything?
depmode33
depmode33
  • Predictions:  248  |  57.3%
  • Forum Posts:  1,383
  • Post Score: 183

02.07.2022 | 3:48 PM ET

Predictions: 3 of 5 Winners, 0 Perfect, 180 Points   |   4405th Place

Anyone choosing Blood Diamond to win?  
JJangel
JJangel
  • Predictions:  517  |  67.5%
  • Forum Posts:  120
  • Post Score: 53

02.07.2022 | 4:30 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 14 Winners, 4 Perfect, 565 Points   |   Tied for 2056th

225 people on here so far... 
Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

02.07.2022 | 4:36 PM ET

Jared Cannonier   vs.   Derek Brunson 

I see the Tap majority is flocking to Cannonier as predictably as flies to Calvillo's hirsute upper lip. That could very well prove to be a mistake. Here's the thing:

Darren Till is a better striker than Jared. And I don't care what anybody thinks about that. Better footwork, better volume, better counter reads, better speed, better distance management. bUH fEsH JaReR hAmO pOWah! I understand that, Timothies of Tapology. But let me give you an example why that doesn't really matter:

Let's say you're at the funeral of someone who was crossing a road and got taken out by a garbage truck travelling at 70MPH. Someone leans over to you and says 'Why, buddy'? Why couldn't it have been a Toyota Corrola'?

JunnowhodImean?

I don't like the fact that Brunson was able to avoid getting hit by the speeding Corolla and what that means for his chances of not getting hit by the garbage truck. Because the odds of that happening are greater than people believe. The other problem I have is that there is a very real chance that Brunson does to Jared what he did to Till; wrestle**** him. Now at this point someone is going to predictably pull Jack Hermannson and Gastelum out of their ass as proof that this won't happen. Let me just Nix that by saying that although you wouldn't know it by his stats, Brunson is a far better pure wrestler than either of those men. Gastelum is a good defensive wrestler and a terrible offensive wrestler, Jack gives up on TD's far too easily and doesn't have nearly the same top control game or double leg aptitude. Brunson will be the best wrestler Jared has ever faced.

He also has far better cardio than Jared. If this fight goes to decision, it will be Brunson getting his hand raised.

I'm not saying Jared is going to lose. But this is a very, very risky fight for him and exactly the sort of fight he could lose. Pick him if you want.

But don't bet on him.

* Edited at 02.07.2022, 4:47 PM ET *

YUNGYODA
YUNGYODA
  • Predictions:  648  |  65.0%
  • Forum Posts:  40
  • Post Score: 115

02.07.2022 | 5:51 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 8 Winners, 0 Perfect, 250 Points   |   Tied for 4270th

Blonde Brunson!

"Once you go Black (belt)..."

YUNGYODA
YUNGYODA
  • Predictions:  648  |  65.0%
  • Forum Posts:  40
  • Post Score: 115

02.07.2022 | 5:55 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 8 Winners, 0 Perfect, 250 Points   |   Tied for 4270th

Great breakdown, Brunson should be slight fav imo. Fortis MMA Derek is a mutha***a at 185

"Once you go Black (belt)..."

Mamorim
Mamorim
  • Predictions:  752  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1
  • Post Score: 100

02.07.2022 | 6:18 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 9 Winners, 2 Perfect, 415 Points   |   Tied for 3655th

Wells vs. Mathetha
Jeremiah Wells, TKO, R2
No Have

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,804  |  66.9%
  • Forum Posts:  7,583
  • Post Score: 261

02.07.2022 | 6:32 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 14 Winners, 3 Perfect, 505 Points   |   Tied for 2843rd

Fishrat is 100% correct on the wrestling difference between Brunson and Gastulum/Hermanson, Brunson is the best  offensive wrestler at 185lb, I don't know if they're an good argument for anyone else ,Beside Vettori.

It's a 50-50 fight,  Brunson standup is still pretty bad, Cannonor should knock him out???, But people said that Till was going to KO Brunson, And before that it was Holland, And before that it was Edmun, But guess what happen, Brunson had his nut on they're forehead for the  entire fight, I'm going to continue on the Blond-son train, He made me money as I bet him in his last few as a good underdog

But, I'll 100% be sweating that bet, They're is a high chance Brunson gets slept again, Cannonor takedown defence look pretty solid, But I just think they're a diffrence between Brunson and Gastulum/Hermanson/Branch,  

* Edited at 02.07.2022, 6:37 PM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

AndresMontana
AndresMontana
  • Predictions:  2,895  |  74.1%
  • Forum Posts:  1,209
  • Post Score: -7

02.07.2022 | 6:39 PM ET

Predictions: 11 of 14 Winners, 6 Perfect, 725 Points   |   Tied for 411th

Calvillo Canonnier, stop smoking weed mf
This user is suspended from posting until 1 year, 4 months, 1 week, 4 days, 4 hours, and 31 minutes from now.
Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

02.07.2022 | 6:57 PM ET

Jacob Malkoun   vs.   AJ Dobson  

Dana hates Aborigines. Another terrifying power-punching prospect getting delivered to Jacob here. That's three in a row. If I knew how good or bad Dobson's TDD was I'd back Malkoun here pretty confidently. I don't know that however due to Dobson never having faced a strong wrestler/grappler. I do know those ******s in Ohio like to wrestle, a lot. And he did compete. But I don't know what his record was. Can't seem to find it. Safe to say he wasn't NCAA calibre, however. Hard fight to pick because of that especially given Jacob doesn't seem to hunt for subs despite being a BJJ guy. He's generally content to just dry hump his opponent to a UD as was the case with Alhassan.

I'll probably pick Malkoun because he's Australian but it's very possible he gets smashed to pieces 20 seconds into R1.
AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise
  • Predictions:  16,309  |  67.3%
  • Forum Posts:  32,381
  • Post Score: 89

02.07.2022 | 10:26 PM ET

Predictions: 10 of 14 Winners, 7 Perfect, 725 Points   |   Tied for 432nd

Not sure how good Dobson actually is tbh. I think that fight goes like the hawes fight but it wouldn’t at all surprise me if malkoun grapples him to death

"“Unfortunately you can’t talk like that on FOX” - Joe Rogan"

PanFriedPrestige
PanFriedPrestige
  • Predictions:  1,680  |  56.4%
  • Forum Posts:  30
  • Post Score: 193

02.07.2022 | 11:26 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 8 of 14 Winners, 4 Perfect, 565 Points   |   Tied for 2136th

Modafferi vs. O'Neill
Casey O'Neill, TKO, R1
ground and pound

Hernandez vs. Moicano
Renato Moicano, SUB, R2
hernandez will gas

flamingobambi
flamingobambi

02.08.2022 | 12:54 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 8 of 14 Winners, 5 Perfect, 550 Points   |   Tied for 2312th

Haqparast vs. Green
Nasrat Haqparast, DEC
This is controversial but I'm rolling with Nasrat. I can count on him to apply heavy pressure and his hands are deceptively fast, and he uses them just enough to fool you into striking with him till he ensues grappling. Controlling the clinch and angling on his straight left will be key here against Bobby. I think he's got this.

Thewelshguy1998
Thewelshguy1998
  • Predictions:  604  |  58.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,054
  • Post Score: 242

02.08.2022 | 12:54 AM ET

Predictions: 8 of 14 Winners, 4 Perfect, 515 Points   |   Tied for 2738th

I'm gonna be honest guys I've done a Casey oneill, tai tuivasa, Derek brunson, adesanya parlay and I'm confident tbh I can't believe I got plus odds on tai and brunson 

The parlay comes to like 9.6/1 
JReynolds47
JReynolds47
  • Predictions:  12,891  |  72.4%
  • Forum Posts:  7,533
  • Post Score: 13

02.08.2022 | 12:57 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 9 of 14 Winners, 5 Perfect, 625 Points   |   Tied for 1367th

Arlovski vs. Vanderaa
Andrei Arlovski, DEC
Round 3 is gonna be scary for Andrei, but I believe in him

Ulberg vs. Cherant
Carlos Ulberg, TKO, R1
Loser gets cut 100%

"Jarno Errens, Damir Hadzovic"

CrimsonChinGuru
CrimsonChinGuru
  • Predictions:  3,163  |  64.1%
  • Forum Posts:  10,639
  • Post Score: 108

02.08.2022 | 1:19 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 8 of 14 Winners, 4 Perfect, 550 Points   |   Tied for 2312th

Wells vs. Mathetha
Jeremiah Wells, SUB, R1
This could make me look like an idiot or a genius I think Wells is a better MMA fighters anywhere this fight is. Blood Diamond will always have to be worried about takedown and Wells has not showed a suspect chin think it's a quick exit for Blood Diamond still back and forth on KO or SUB

* Edited at 02.08.2022, 3:29 AM ET *

"They killed Jesus for speaking the truth..."

CrimsonChinGuru
CrimsonChinGuru
  • Predictions:  3,163  |  64.1%
  • Forum Posts:  10,639
  • Post Score: 108

02.08.2022 | 1:27 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 8 of 14 Winners, 4 Perfect, 550 Points   |   Tied for 2312th

Adesanya vs. Whittaker II
Israel Adesanya, DEC
I have a bad feeling this one is going to be both waiting for eachother and stalling for a boring DEC.

Lewis vs. Tuivasa
Derrick Lewis, TKO, R1
Easiest pick of my life.

Cannonier vs. Brunson
Jared Cannonier, TKO, R2
Cannonier in my opinion is trong enough to deny the takedowns and piece Brunson up. Was Brunson but that Souza and chin is just suspect.

Phillips vs. Rojo
Kyler Phillips, DEC
This fight will get interesting the longer it goes, really good fight.

Haqparast vs. Green
Bobby Green, DEC
I expect Green to put on another striking clinic!

Arlovski vs. Vanderaa
Jared Vanderaa, DEC
Imma keep fading Arlovski until I look like a genius. + love the 80 inch reach and chin from Vamderaa think he'll have the harder strikes.

Modafferi vs. O'Neill
Casey O'Neill, SUB, R2
O'Neill by mauling.

Perez vs. Schnell
Alex Perez, DEC
Feel Perez has a good enough game to keep it on the feet or do just well enough on the ground to compete with Schnell.

Knight vs. Grishin
William Knight, TKO, R1
Knight due to roids.

Lawrence vs. Martinez
Ronnie Lawrence, SUB, R2
Lawrence picks up as the fight goes, Martinez drops off as the fight goes.

Hernandez vs. Moicano
Alexander Hernandez, DEC
Think Hernandez should have good enough takedown defense to mainly keep it striking.

Ulberg vs. Cherant
Carlos Ulberg, TKO, R1
I feel this fight is a massive setup.

Malkoun vs. Dobson
AJ Dobson, TKO, R1
Like Dobson training over with Mark Coleman should have him ready to spark Malkoun early.

Silva de Andrade vs. Morozov
Sergey Morozov, DEC
Morozov by mauling.

"They killed Jesus for speaking the truth..."

rjtsaigal
rjtsaigal
  • Predictions:  2,822  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  9
  • Post Score: 56

02.08.2022 | 3:21 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 9 of 14 Winners, 6 Perfect, 625 Points   |   Tied for 1367th

Adesanya vs. Whittaker II
Israel Adesanya, DEC
Feel like Rob will be a lot more cautious but Adesanya will outpoint him. The Till fight wasn't a good look for Rob, I scored it for Till. And Israel can strike at range far better than Till.

rjtsaigal
rjtsaigal
  • Predictions:  2,822  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  9
  • Post Score: 56

02.08.2022 | 3:36 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 9 of 14 Winners, 6 Perfect, 625 Points   |   Tied for 1367th

Lewis vs. Tuivasa
Derrick Lewis, TKO, R1
Lewis needs to be hit in the legs and body, you ain't gonna beat him via grappling or swang n bang

Cannonier vs. Brunson
Jared Cannonier, TKO, R2
Brunson gets hurt in every fight, and Jared showed strong takedown defence against Hermannson

Phillips vs. Rojo
Kyler Phillips, DEC
Don't know much about Rojo. Phillips is solid if he avoids gassing this time. I predict he will come out slow and put on a performance like he did against Song.

Haqparast vs. Green
Bobby Green, DEC
Should be pretty competitive. Close striking bout.

Arlovski vs. Vanderaa
Andrei Arlovski, DEC
Arlovski by cage grind

Modafferi vs. O'Neill
Casey O'Neill, DEC
Casey should be able to outwrestle Roxy like Santos and Araujo did. Don't think she'll finish her, her gnp is pretty pitter patter and Roxy scrambles well.

Perez vs. Schnell
Alex Perez, TKO, R2
Matt Schnell wins until he loses

Knight vs. Grishin
William Knight, DEC
They both suck, and the real losers will be the viewers

Lawrence vs. Martinez
Ronnie Lawrence, DEC
Don't know these guys. Need more research.

Hernandez vs. Moicano
Renato Moicano, DEC
Could go closer than I want it to. Hernandez hasn't been outwrestled yet in the UFC, and Moicano's striking has looked much slower lately. Hernandez does pack power and could hurt him.

Ulberg vs. Cherant
Carlos Ulberg, TKO, R2
Ulberg punched himself out on Kennedy's face last time. If he's more measured, he should win.

Malkoun vs. Dobson
Jacob Malkoun, DEC
Don't know either guy. A decision over Alhassan is pretty impressive.

Silva de Andrade vs. Morozov
Douglas Silva de Andrade, DEC
Andrade is still pretty good if he isn't shot. I don't know Morozov.

Wells vs. Mathetha
Jeremiah Wells, TKO, R2
Warlley is a tough out, and Wells looked good against him. Mike looks green.

flamingobambi
flamingobambi

02.08.2022 | 3:46 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 8 of 14 Winners, 5 Perfect, 550 Points   |   Tied for 2312th

Malkoun vs. Dobson
Jacob Malkoun, DEC
I'm iffy on this pick but I don't like what I've seen from Dobson thus far. His best shot here is going to be to blitz Malkoun to Mars in the first minute, but the longer it goes, the higher the chances are that Jacob just shows he's a better fighter. I expect a wrestling performance here from Malkoun, but very close -- near even -- fight.

Page 13

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : Davi Ramos To Fight For Lightweight Title At ACA 176
  • Jits Magazine : 20 Best Submission Grapplers of the Modern Era You Must Know
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Burns Vs. Buckley? ‘I Never Say No’
  • UFC.com : Edson Barboza’s UFC Career Highlights
  • MMA Junkie : USA TODAY Sports/MMA Junkie rankings, May 14: Joaquin Buckley making waves at welterweight
  • MMA Mania : Cormier = Aspinall? ‘It Wasn’t The Same Thing, Bud’
  • MMA Junkie : Esteban Ribovics surprised he didn't get $50K bonus for Terrance McKinney KO: 'What more do I need to do?'
  • Middle Easy : Video – Alex Pereira Scares Off Customers Trading In His Cards at Topps Hobby Shop
  • Middle Easy : Ronda Rousey Accused Brendan Schaub of ‘Playing F*cked-Up Mind Games’ During Their Relationship
  • MMA Junkie : 'This is MMA': UFC's Waldo Cortes-Acosta responds to 'unfair' criticism of Robelis Despaigne win
  • MMA Mania : Masvidal Explains Boxing Match Date Change: ‘Nate’s A F—king Idiot’
  • MMAFighting.com : Amanda Lemos vs. Virna Jandiroba slated for UFC Fight Night event in July
  • MMA Junkie : Daniel Cormier on Ronda Rousey's concussion history revelation: 'All she's doing is telling her truth'
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 303 gets new heavyweight addition for McGregor vs. Chandler fight card
  • Middle Easy : Road House Sequel Officially Greenlit by Amazon Studios with Jake Gyllenhaal Set to Reprise His Role
  • Middle Easy : Daniel Cormier Responds To Jon Jones’ ‘Champion’ Jab: ‘Not A Real Indication Of What Was Going On’
  • UFC.com : The Full Story: Ramiz Brahimaj
  • MMA Mania : Schaub ‘Didn’t Want To Be Labeled Ronda’s Rousey’s Boyfriend’
  • MMA Junkie : MMA Junkie Radio #3462: Patchy Mix Interview, UFC may break records, more
  • MMAFighting.com : John Fury has no regrets about headbutting ‘little idiot’ on Oleksandr Usyk’s team: ‘Happens every other week for me’