Topic: Thiago Silva

Say it isn't so

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

lilspyder
lilspyder
  • Predictions:  32,913  |  62.1%
  • Forum Posts:  288
  • Post Score: 100

02.23.2011 | 9:02 PM ET

So it's been reported that Thiago had to drop out of the fight with Rampage because his test's were being reviewed by the Nevada State Comission. This is seriously unfortunate and I feel that if Thiago can't pull something off or prove that he did nothing wrong he may be in danger of getting cut or something. It would really suck if he did take steroids because i was a real big fan of his before. Also to @thiagosilva9794 say it isn't so!

"Never Give Up! These violent delights have violent ends. Amat victoria paratum"

Thiago Silva

Photo Source:  

Fighter Details

• Given Name: Thiago Anderson Ramos da Silva
  • Pro MMA Record: 21-9-0, 3 NC (Win-Loss-Draw)
  • Nickname: N/A
  • Current Streak: 2 Losses
  • Last Fight: May 20, 2022 in EFC
  • Weight Class: Light Heavyweight | Last Weigh-In: 207.7 lbs
  • Affiliation: Blackzilians Performance Institute
  • Height: 6'1" (185cm) | Reach: 74.0" (188cm)
  • Career Disclosed Earnings: $438,000 USD
  • Born: Sao Carlos, Sao Paulo, Brazil
  • Fighting out of: Boca Raton, Florida
  • Fighter Links:
  • Personal Links:

Responses Page 2

MikeAWhitney
MikeAWhitney
  • Predictions:  296  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  252
  • Post Score: 50

02.24.2011 | 12:25 PM ET

your image didnt come up
Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,565
  • Post Score: 275

02.24.2011 | 12:38 PM ET

here you go...

copy and paste them with the little 'img' tag

"I live, I die, I live again."

lilspyder
lilspyder

02.24.2011 | 3:40 PM ET

lol Yes thiago is amazing and finger's crossed it is just something like the pain killers. Now as for the Truth a fight with Bonnar would not make sense to me because he's winning fights now. Thiago fought him more as a tune up to make sure he could still compete. Make him fight a lower tiered fighter or someone who is making their octagon debut and see if he can still win. If not bye bye Vera...again

"Never Give Up! These violent delights have violent ends. Amat victoria paratum"

GutturalReef
GutturalReef
  • Predictions:  386  |  56.5%
  • Forum Posts:  105
  • Post Score: 39

02.24.2011 | 4:10 PM ET

I gotta go with Matt Hamill....

"If people ain't hatin', you doin' somethin' wrong...."

lilspyder
lilspyder

02.24.2011 | 8:10 PM ET

Ah but I don't think Hamill is a lower tier fighter at all. I think what they should do is have Vera fight Ortiz for the chance to get cut pretty much. It would be such a bad fight so it would have to be put as like a beginning of an event or something.

HavokDM
HavokDM
  • Predictions:  9,733  |  61.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,047
  • Post Score: 199

03.29.2011 | 5:27 PM ET

Apparently, Thiago didn't submit his own urine. 
http://mmajunkie.com/news/23038/nsac-thiago-silvas-ufc-125-sample-inconsistent-with-human-urine.mma
Ouch.  I assume the penalties will be just as severe as if he would have tested positive. 

"Nothing in this world is a gift. Whatever must be learned must be learned the hard way."

RWLawman
RWLawman
  • Predictions:  2,583  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  2,053
  • Post Score: 173

03.29.2011 | 6:42 PM ET

@HavokDM, I think the punishment should be more severe because he tried to cheat the system.  At least if someone pisses dirty, they went in there and used their own urine.  Trying to defraud the drug test is on a whole new level of stupid.

" "Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars." - Khalil Gibran "

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

03.29.2011 | 6:46 PM ET

@RWLawman: I agree. I think the punishment should be even more severe since it was an intentional attempt at cheating the system.

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,565
  • Post Score: 275

03.29.2011 | 6:48 PM ET

Kevin Randleman was also caught doing the same thing... non-human sample.

"I live, I die, I live again."

HavokDM
HavokDM
  • Predictions:  9,733  |  61.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,047
  • Post Score: 199

03.29.2011 | 8:23 PM ET

@RWLawman:  "I think the punishment should be more severe because he tried to cheat the system."  This is a somewhat valid point, but isn't anyone trying to cover-up an illicit substance trying to cheat the system?  Whether it be cycling, getting an oil change or whatever.  I can't imagine anyone using and not trying to cover it up in some manner.  If someone uses and simply prays that they won't be tested is kinda stupid in my opinion.

"Nothing in this world is a gift. Whatever must be learned must be learned the hard way."

MMA Professor
MMA Professor
  • Predictions:  122  |  68.9%
  • Forum Posts:  29
  • Post Score: 55

03.29.2011 | 8:29 PM ET

Animal piss FTL!

"Don't bite off more than you can chew."

Dannotheman
Dannotheman
  • Predictions:  9,433  |  65.6%
  • Forum Posts:  2,406
  • Post Score: 185

03.29.2011 | 8:36 PM ET

ALIEN!

"God please give me patience, if you give me strength I will just punch them in the face."

TownStar
TownStar
  • Predictions:  944  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  329
  • Post Score: 62

03.29.2011 | 9:26 PM ET

it will be interestingly to see what kind of punishment the commission will dole out for Thaigo, but he should really worry about Dana and company. I forget if this is his first offense?

"fresh outta Oakland..."

geezhound
geezhound
  • Predictions:  6,745  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3,297
  • Post Score: 193

03.30.2011 | 12:10 AM ET

I guess some idiots will never grasp the fact that they're never going to know more about piss than a person who's CAREER revolves around looking at your piss.

Non-human piss?..... Really? Where did you think you were goin' with that, Thiago?

"Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity."

bklettke
bklettke
  • Predictions:  2,109  |  64.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,761
  • Post Score: 117

03.30.2011 | 9:54 AM ET

Shocking, gentlemen - at least try and provide another humans sample - coach, training partner, friend? I'm sure most of them knew he was using something, so why the **** wouldn't he go to them, wait thats right, using an animals urine is the best possible solution! *** - all respect has been lost for Thiago now....

BTW - where are you @ThiagoSilva????

geezhound
geezhound
  • Predictions:  6,745  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3,297
  • Post Score: 193

03.30.2011 | 11:58 AM ET

http://mmajunkie.com/news/23049/ufcs-thiago-silva-admits-use-of-urine-adulterant-will-accept-nsac-punishment.mma

Apparently he owned up to using a urine adulterant to cover up whatever he was using for his back injury.

"Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity."

SoccerKick
SoccerKick
  • Predictions:  32,055  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  13,504
  • Post Score: 186

03.30.2011 | 12:15 PM ET

I have a ton of respect for Thiago admitting what he did instead of trying to hide it...I hope during his suspension he can get his back right and come back and get a shot at Rashad again and this time be able to finish the fight

"I'm too old to be run by the fears of dumb people "

bklettke
bklettke
  • Predictions:  2,109  |  64.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,761
  • Post Score: 117

03.30.2011 | 12:20 PM ET

a healthy thiago silva is among the most dangerous in the ufc, clearly he's got some major kinks to work out with his back if it keeps becoming injured even after a year of rehab. i'm sure he's learned his lesson and will come back a better fighter and a better man
RWLawman
RWLawman
  • Predictions:  2,583  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  2,053
  • Post Score: 173

03.30.2011 | 12:56 PM ET

I was just really starting to like Thiago Silva before hearing about this.  I don't think that owning up to something after you're caught is admirable at all.  The fact that he went through with the urine test, knowing that it wasn't his and that he was being untruthful shows that he had full intentions of never speaking up.

" "Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars." - Khalil Gibran "

Reeves
Reeves
  • Predictions:  778  |  67.2%
  • Forum Posts:  225
  • Post Score: 139

03.30.2011 | 1:55 PM ET

I have still have respect for Thiago Silva because he owned up to it although I am disappointed that he did this in the first place. I have back injuries (a ruptured/herniated disc and some other issues) and I just today got an epidural (steroid injection into the discs in my spine), it is said to be a way to help heal the discs because I gotta tell you it is tough to deal with especially having to sit down even and hopefully it will work for me. It makes me wonder though if this is what Thiago Silva did though, since all I know is he has a back injury but what it is for sure because there are so many different issues you can have with your back. I know it is illegal to have steroids in your body for fights period but I would somewhat understand him getting it and it wasn't illegal to get them done just to fight with them which he should have just toughed it out for a while longer because they don't go away anyway but yeah I don't know if that makes sense to anyone but that is how I see it if it is the way I think it may possibly be.

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• UFC.com : Paul Craig Is Bringing 'Everything And The Kitchen Sink' To UFC 301
  • MMA Mania : Aldo Vs. Martinez Betting Odds, Breakdown, Prediction
  • MMAFighting.com : Anthony Smith won’t be anyone’s stepping stone in UFC: ‘We’re going to f*cking put that to bed now’
  • MMA Mania : ‘Suga’ Fed ‘Cannibal’ Liver Shot That ‘Put Him Down’
  • MMA Junkie : Chael Sonnen: Conor McGregor a better fighter than Michael Chandler but not a better competitor
  • MMA Mania : ‘They Want Me To Go To Rio And Take A Loss’
  • MMAFighting.com : Devin Haney releases statement on Ryan Garcia’s positive drug tests: ‘People die in this sport’
  • UFC.com : ALEXANDRE PANTOJA: HOMECOMING KING
  • Jits Magazine : Diogo Reis Reveals Striking Training And Hints At MMA Debut
  • MMA Junkie : Ex-UFC signee Sean Loeffler sentenced to prison for domestic violence
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Justin Gaethje: Rematch with Max Holloway would be ‘dream fight’
  • Bad Left Hook : P4P Top 10: Haney tumbles out, top stars take spotlight in May
  • Jits Magazine : WWE Superstar MVP Promoted To BJJ Black Belt
  • Jits Magazine : Top European Grapplers Impress At IBJJF Dublin Open 2024
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘People die, this isn’t a joking matter’: Devin Haney on Garcia’s failed drug test
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: People Die In This Sport
  • Middle Easy : Ryan Garcia Tests Positive for Banned Substance Ahead of Haney Fight, Denies Any Wrongdoing
  • MMA Mania : Cursed? Not Even Poatan Could Save UFC 301
  • MMA Junkie : MMA Junkie's Submission of the Month for April: One former UFC champ makes another tap for the first time
  • MMA Mania : ‘Big Lies!’ Garcia Reportedly Tests Positive For PEDs, Boxer Responds