Tapology Forums

Tim Sylvia making noise

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

C_Arnoud
C_Arnoud
  • Predictions:  3,914  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  2,448
  • Post Score: 200

03.06.2012 | 11:39 AM ET

just watched his interview with Helwani:  http://www.livestream.com/mmahour
he says, as all you know i think, that he wants to get back to UFC and that he would win a fight against anybody not top 5.
his top 5 are Overeem, Dos Santos, Velazquez, Mir and Kongo (if im not mistaken).
he even says he would fight just for the win bonus if thats what it takes.

so how do you guys think he would fare in the new heavyweight division?
(i havent seen any of his fights i think since he lost to Minotauro, i think)

Responses Page 3

thefreeman
thefreeman
  • Predictions:  9,496  |  60.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1,751
  • Post Score: 198

03.06.2012 | 10:03 PM ET

They will both probably be back in the UFC as late replacements if they aren't invited back in
MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,350  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,487
  • Post Score: 203

03.06.2012 | 10:04 PM ET

Not only is Tim fighting cans, he has turned into a can. 

He literally stands no chance in the UFC. Every single HW on the UFC roster will beat him. 

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,350  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,487
  • Post Score: 203

03.06.2012 | 10:06 PM ET

IF the guy can get 2-3 GOOD wins under his belt, then hey. Bring him back! Prove he has no place in the superbowl of MMA anymore. 

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

BodyModifier
BodyModifier
  • Predictions:  21  |  61.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,608
  • Post Score: 152

03.06.2012 | 10:35 PM ET

I'll admit I haven't been following his fights since he parted with the UFC. I understand the UFC is a business and they will not bring back fighters that haven't proven that they deserve a shot to fight in the Octagon. 

Yet it hasn't always been this way. Dana White has hyped up so many fighters that have signed with the UFC, He has kept fighters that deserved to be cut. He criticized fighters for their performance, and sided with fans on his tweets about fights being stalemate. He cut fighters that deserved another chance. Dana White has let Chael become the trash talker for the UFC and doesn't care for his history with the mortgage fraud. Everything involving Chael. He has taken tips from Vince McMahon when they enjoyed each other's company. 

Yet a former UFC heavyweight champion can't step foot back into the Octagon. He can't be hyped up like all the other schmucks he's brought forth.(I'm sure you can list your own fighter names that were an embarrassment to bring to the UFC). 

Everyone would be tuning in to see Tim Sylvia get his big mug rattled regardless how they feel about how he'd perform. I don't like how he staggers and fights, and hopes for a clean strike to land for a knockout. Watching Randy beat Tim was memorable. But why not bring him back for a contract? There is roughly 30 fighters on the roster? Still a shallow but yet progressing division. 

I don't care for Tim. But I do remember watching him fight and maybe it'd light a fire up his ass to fight desperately and hungrily if he ever were to get a shot. 

The best way to describe my feelings on it. Is if you have fighters in the UFC that are all top notch. To the point where their fighting skills are equally matched or stylistically even. It would be like watching two rams lock horns and try to dominate each other. 

If you have a division full of stepping stones, gate keepers, elite, up and comers, prospects, lower ranked fighters fighting to climb the heap...it comes with more interest. 

Wherever you'd label Tim Sylvia. I'm sure you'd all tune in. 

Or maybe I'm the only one that would.

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."

nibrack11
nibrack11
  • Predictions:  483  |  60.7%
  • Forum Posts:  361
  • Post Score: 112

03.06.2012 | 10:39 PM ET

i agree @anik and @gregory but IMO i think that if tim got back in the UFC he wouldnt make it in the top ten but thats just my opinion.

"The Road To Success Is Always Under Construction!!!!"

TheNatureBoy
TheNatureBoy
  • Predictions:  34  |  58.8%
  • Forum Posts:  37
  • Post Score: 168

03.06.2012 | 10:48 PM ET

While I dont totally disagree with you @Bodymodifier I just think the fire under his ass should be lit now. He should have a fire under his ass to put on exciting fights and finish people to get back in the UFC. Not get in the UFC then have the fire lit he should have a chip on his shoulder and do some can crushing I just dont think he is capable anymore.

"I like my girls with a full sweater and an empty head"

BodyModifier
BodyModifier
  • Predictions:  21  |  61.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,608
  • Post Score: 152

03.06.2012 | 10:53 PM ET

I do agree with you @TheNatureBoy. I just wouldn't mind seeing him fight in the UFC. Personal feeling and I don't think it'll happen. I don't care for Tim but I do respect that he can fight. 

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."

DelRose
DelRose

03.07.2012 | 1:34 AM ET

Anyone who loses to abe wagner in 32 seconds doesn't deserve a slot in the UFC HW division.

"That hole is tighter than a nuns nasty"

Brazilian Jitz
Brazilian Jitz
  • Predictions:  3,516  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  6,816
  • Post Score: 211

03.07.2012 | 1:37 AM ET

Its really pathetic. He needs to wins some fights against top opponents.

"Albert Fish... I mean that guy was a real jerk!"

Hybrid
Hybrid
  • Predictions:  158  |  57.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1,437
  • Post Score: 236

03.07.2012 | 1:52 AM ET

@nik Which opponents specifically do you think he needs to beat before he should be allowed in Zuffa again?

"History boils down to a few really awesome people doing really awesome stuff, and a bunch of idiots messing it up for everyone else."

jaffacakehero
jaffacakehero
  • Predictions:  5,066  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  5,396
  • Post Score: 240

03.07.2012 | 2:21 AM ET

IMO if he goes out an beats guys like Vinny Magalhaes,Guram Gugenishvilli and Sean McCorkle then i'll say yeah he deserves another shot! Because those guys are relevant.....Pudzianowski and Buentello? No thank you.... And if you ask me he only beats McCorkle out of those 3 I just mentioned...

* Edited at 03.07.2012, 2:23 AM ET *

"If you're matched up against me, you better be prepared to give your life...because I am prepared to take it. - Conor McGregor"

kallousklown
kallousklown
  • Predictions:  24,203  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  10,967
  • Post Score: 177

03.07.2012 | 2:33 AM ET

@jeffcake, I agree with your list except magalhaes is a lhw.

"Are we gonna jump, or we just gonna jerk each other off?"

kallousklown
kallousklown
  • Predictions:  24,203  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  10,967
  • Post Score: 177

03.07.2012 | 2:34 AM ET

I wouldnt mind having him back in the UFC but his fight against Kraniotakes was wall and stall.  

* Edited at 03.07.2012, 2:37 AM ET *

"Are we gonna jump, or we just gonna jerk each other off?"

jaffacakehero
jaffacakehero

03.07.2012 | 2:39 AM ET

@kallous Oh wow he is isn't he.........Ahm Todd Duffee or someone instead! ha

"If you're matched up against me, you better be prepared to give your life...because I am prepared to take it. - Conor McGregor"

poir420
poir420
  • Predictions:  143,346  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  18,232
  • Post Score: 245

03.07.2012 | 7:37 AM ET

Dana white's response to Tim's campaigning to get in the UFC   "Hell no,"

http://www.mmafighting.com/ufc/2012/3/6/2850237/despite-tim-sylvias-campaign-for-ufc-comeback-dana-white-shuts-door

"“All of a sudden, he was shooting for a takedown, and I’m like, ‘Oh, you’re a wrestler now? Remember, I’m the black belt in jiu-jitsu. And you’re shooting on me now? This is a wrap." - Nate Diaz"

jaffacakehero
jaffacakehero

03.07.2012 | 7:50 AM ET

Good! "I was somebody once" doesn't cut it imo.....Why should young up and coming fighters have to work hard to make it to the UFC while Sylvia gets a few people to annoy Dana on Twitter! If he's this badass that beats everyone not in the top 5 like he says then he should be in the UFC again in no time!

Brazilian Jitz
Brazilian Jitz
  • Predictions:  3,516  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  6,816
  • Post Score: 211

03.07.2012 | 10:59 AM ET

@Hybrid. There are some guys out there. Konrad, McCorkle, Rosholt, Duffee, Fedor again...

Those are a few guys he could make a case for.

"Albert Fish... I mean that guy was a real jerk!"

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

03.07.2012 | 11:23 AM ET

Oh god, Tim Sylvia in Bellator? I do not want to see that but it would be interesting.

"الله أكبرl"

brad
brad
  • Predictions:  804  |  58.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,120
  • Post Score: 104

03.07.2012 | 11:38 AM ET

lol Nik Lust u are trolling hard suggesting Silvia fight Fedor. What a hater...
skeet2b
skeet2b
  • Predictions:  8,330  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  1,703
  • Post Score: 158

03.07.2012 | 12:55 PM ET

I really dont think Silvia is beating any top HWs in UFC, SF, or Bellator, he should just fight in main events in smaller orgs, IMO theres no way he can beat any HW in the UFC

"A true champion, face to face with his darkest hour, will do whatever it takes to rise above. A man fights, and fights, and then fights some more. Because surrender is death, and death is for *******"

Page 3

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Borralho Vs. Craig Betting Odds, Breakdown, Prediction
  • MMA Mania : Inspirational Pereira ‘Not Worried’ About Legacy Talk
  • MMA Mania : White ‘Probably A Little Mad’ About McGregor BKFC Deal
  • MMAFighting.com : Jairzinho Rozenstruik plans to reconnect with ‘my real power source’ in Suriname, return against a top heavyweight
  • MMA Junkie : Karine Silva will keep 'unreachable' callout secret for one more fight after UFC on ESPN 55
  • MMA Mania : Matches To Make After UFC Vegas 91
  • MMA Mania : Matches To Maker After UFC Vegas 91
  • MMA Junkie : Ketlen Souza unwilling to take breaks after scoring first octagon win at UFC on ESPN 55
  • MMAFighting.com : Bogdan Guskov promises to keep delivering exciting fights after UFC Vegas 91 win: ‘I love blood’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 winner Maheshate felt 'extra burden' after consecutive losses
  • MMA Mania : Covington On ‘Nobody’ Garry: ‘He’s Not Serious’
  • MMAFighting.com : Bryan Barberena announces UFC exit, calls for ‘real brawler’ BKFC battle with Mike Perry
  • MMA Junkie : Austin Hubbard admits he was 'super nervous, stressed out' before UFC on ESPN 55 win
  • MMA Junkie : Charly Arnolt details historic impromptu UFC cage announcer role: 'I was scared of messing up'
  • MMAFighting.com : Paddy Pimblett responds to UFC 300 callouts from Renato Moicano, Bobby Green
  • MMA Junkie : 'LokDog' Vinicius Oliveira gets Ricky Simon in first fight since UFC Knockout of the Year candidate
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 winner Don'Tale Mayes wants quick return on hometown Louisville card
  • MMA Mania : ‘My Style, It’s Worst Style For This Guy Dustin’
  • MMAFighting.com : Thiago Alves retires from combat sports after Mike Perry knockout loss at KnuckleMania 4
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Ryan Garcia shows Colby Covington left hooks after Donald Trump meetup in Florida