Topic: Fedor Emelianenko

Does Fedor really like Barnett?

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Master Blaster
Master Blaster
  • Predictions:  356  |  56.7%
  • Forum Posts:  241
  • Post Score: 30

02.14.2011 | 8:31 AM ET

I know they act friendly and all, but don't you think Fedor has to be pissed at Barnett for failing out of the Affliction fight for performance enhancing drugs?

And then in interviews recently he questions how it is possible that Overeem got so big so quickly.  If he and management have suggested they won't want to fight Overeem without tougher drug testing, how is it that Fedor could look the other way and be friends with an MMA fighter who doesn't seem to care and has failed 3 tests???

Cool picture but got me thinking.

"Break a deal, spin the wheel"

"The Last Emperor" Fedor Emelianenko

Photo Source:  

Fighter Details

• Given Name: Фёдор Влади́мирович Емелья́ненко
  • Pro MMA Record: 40-7-0, 1 NC (Win-Loss-Draw)
  • Nickname: The Last Emperor
  • Current Streak: 1 Loss
  • Last Fight: February 04, 2023 in BFC
  • Weight Class: Heavyweight | Last Weigh-In: 236.2 lbs
  • Affiliation: Alexander Nevsky (Stary Oskol)
  • Height: 6'0" (183cm) | Reach: 76.0" (193cm)
  • Career Disclosed Earnings: $1,100,000 USD
  • Born: Rubizhne, Luhansk, Ukrainian SSR
  • Fighting out of: Stary Oskol, Belgorod, Russia
  • College: N/A
  • Foundation Style: Sambo
  • Head Coach: Volk Han
  • Other Coaches: Andrei Kopylov
  • Fighter Links:
  • Personal Links:

Responses

BeastMaster
BeastMaster
  • Predictions:  1,958  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  3,029
  • Post Score: 180

02.14.2011 | 8:49 AM ET

What are you hinting at?

"Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone; but if someone lays a hand on you, send him to the cemetery."

bklettke
bklettke
  • Predictions:  2,109  |  64.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,761
  • Post Score: 117

02.14.2011 | 9:01 AM ET

I didn't even know they were good friends, funny they'd fight each other. I wouldn't read anything into it though. I don't think any of us know who or what Fedor Emelianko thinks. His management has run his career and probably everything he says (into the gutter). Sad :(

Master Blaster
Master Blaster
  • Predictions:  356  |  56.7%
  • Forum Posts:  241
  • Post Score: 30

02.14.2011 | 9:12 AM ET

Hinting? No hints. I'm saying it's a weird friendship. I wouldn't think that Fedor would really like Josh Barnett very much. Seems like arrogant American guy who fails all his drug tests and won't admit it, versus laid back Fedor.

"Break a deal, spin the wheel"

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Heather Hardy suffering from effects of 'too much brain damage,' indicates fighting career is over
  • Middle Easy : Patchy Mix Declares Himself As ‘Best Bantamweight On The Planet’, Says He’d ‘Sleep’ Sean O’Malley And Petr Yan
  • MMA Mania : ‘One Of Us Has To Die’
  • UFC.com : Rodrigo Nascimento Out To Prove He Belongs
  • MMA Junkie : Dustin Poirier explains how Islam Makhachev 'more of a threat' than Khabib Nurmagomedov
  • MMAFighting.com : Heck of a Morning: Reaction to Cory Sandhagen vs. Umar Nurmagomedov booking, fallout of UFC 301
  • Bad Left Hook : Foster vs Conceicao joins Stevenson vs Harutyunyan on July 6
  • Bad Left Hook : O’Shaquie Foster vs Robson Conceicao joins Stevenson vs Harutyunyan on July 6
  • UFC.com : Fighters on the Rise | UFC St. Louis
  • Middle Easy : Eric Nicksick Predicts Sean Strickland Will Finish Paulo Costa In Round 4 Or 5, Says UFC Considered Booking ‘Tarzan’ Against Khamzat Chimaev
  • UFC.com : Radley Da Silva's Life Has Led To This Moment | UFC Fight Pass
  • MMA Mania : UFC Champ Revealed As ‘Masked Singer’
  • MMA Junkie : Tom Aspinall unamused by Jon Jones 'playing games again' with interest in Alex Pereira
  • Bad Left Hook : PODCAST: What’s next for Inoue and Canelo, Lomachenko vs Kambosos preview, more
  • Middle Easy : Tom Aspinall Accuses Jon Jones Of ‘Playing Games’, Says Fight ‘Not Looking Very Likely’ To Happen
  • MMAFighting.com : MMA Pound-for-Pound Rankings: Jon Jones falls out of top 5
  • MMA Mania : Aldo Returns To Official UFC Rankings
  • MMAFighting.com : Matt Brown shed a tear after telling UFC he was retiring: ‘A piece of you dies’
  • MMA Mania : Volk: BMF Belt Makes Another ‘Blessed’ Fight ‘Worth Getting Out Of Bed For’
  • MMA Junkie : Grant Dawson draws rebound inspiration from teammate Dustin Poirier ahead of UFC 302