Topic: Jackson vs. Hamill

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

DaiKaiju Wicked
DaiKaiju Wicked
  • Predictions:  2,021  |  67.8%
  • Forum Posts:  383
  • Post Score: 149

02.12.2011 | 5:22 AM ET

Prediction: correct Jackson   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

Somehow, this just doesn't seem fair...

"I was born as a catholic but the nuns turned me. I was born as a pacifist but the guns turned me. I was born to be a beautiful man, but the ugliness is powerful, I do what I can."

Responses Page 3

jaykool777
jaykool777
  • Predictions:  25,528  |  61.6%
  • Forum Posts:  3,654
  • Post Score: 158

05.24.2011 | 10:50 AM ET

I don't mean to sound so disrespectful to Matt Hamill. I really do like the guy, and I do think that it is possible to pull out an upset. After Matt Serra beat GSP, but in IMHO the only way Rampage loses this fight is if he comes in the way he did against Rashad Evans, and has a stroke and a heart attack at the same time.

"Keep it punk rock!!!!"

jaykool777
jaykool777

05.24.2011 | 10:51 AM ET

What I meant to say was after all Matt Serra did beat GSP.

"Keep it punk rock!!!!"

Dannotheman
Dannotheman
  • Predictions:  9,433  |  65.6%
  • Forum Posts:  2,406
  • Post Score: 185

05.24.2011 | 12:25 PM ET

Some facts on Rampages TDD:

- Taken down 7 times since he's been in the UFC
- Henderson took him down 3 out of 8 attempts
- Rashad took him down 3 out of 12 attempts
- Machida took him down 1 out of 3 attempts

Hamill is not nearly the wrestler any of them are(Machida moreso clinch trips/throws). None of them were able to hold him down for huge periods of time either, and do you really think Hamill can outstrike him?

"God please give me patience, if you give me strength I will just punch them in the face."

SoccerKick
SoccerKick
  • Predictions:  32,055  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  13,504
  • Post Score: 186

05.24.2011 | 12:30 PM ET

@Danno those are some great stats...makes me feel a little more confident in my pick knowing that Rampage is gonna be able to stuff some TDs and keep the fight standing a lot longer then Hamill is gonna want to

"I'm too old to be run by the fears of dumb people "

BeastMaster
BeastMaster
  • Predictions:  1,958  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  3,029
  • Post Score: 180

05.24.2011 | 12:32 PM ET

Prediction: correct Jackson   correct Decision  

Just read a very interesting article. Evans Said that he's gonna pick page to win because hamill has a habbit of not bringing his jabs straight back and that he leaves it out there. So with a counter-puncher like page it's not gonna be a good night for hamill.

Here's the link

http://espn.go.com/blog/MMA/post/_/id/2046/evans-picking-rampage-over-hamill-at-ufc-130

"Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone; but if someone lays a hand on you, send him to the cemetery."

Dannotheman
Dannotheman
  • Predictions:  9,433  |  65.6%
  • Forum Posts:  2,406
  • Post Score: 185

05.24.2011 | 12:38 PM ET

I disagree with Rashad saying Hamill can probably take him down but the rest seems right. I think Rampage is gonna clock him somewhere in this fight.

Like this quote from the article, says what Rashad thinks about Rampage's TDD:

"Can Hamill take Rampage down? Probably. But Rampage is hard to take down. He's probably got the strongest hips I've felt at 205."

"God please give me patience, if you give me strength I will just punch them in the face."

TacomaTerror
TacomaTerror
  • Predictions:  149  |  60.4%
  • Forum Posts:  480
  • Post Score: 59

05.24.2011 | 1:14 PM ET

Prediction: correct Jackson   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 1  

I love Hamill and I hope he grinds out a UD.. but Jackson by knockout.

" ."All praise is to Allah, I'll fight any man, any animal, if Jesus were here I'd fight him too." "

thiagosilva9794
thiagosilva9794
  • Predictions:  5,113  |  60.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,315
  • Post Score: 142

05.24.2011 | 1:44 PM ET

I agree with Rashad...

"I really feel like I'm the most dangerous guy out there" BJ Penn........... UFC on Fox 2 event winner :)

themysticalninja
themysticalninja
  • Predictions:  1,219  |  59.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,725
  • Post Score: 123

05.24.2011 | 2:39 PM ET

Prediction: correct Jackson   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 3  

Looking at Bloody Elbow as usual and they have a cool piece on how Rampage could have a frutiful couple of years if he beats Hamill.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/5/24/2187388/ufc-130-fight-card-quinton-rampage-jackson-eyes-lucrative-future-with

"there are major incentives for Jackson to stick with mixed martial arts for the time being, most notably the potential for Jackson to enter the fray at the apex of the division that houses both UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones and Jackson's nemesis Rashad Evans"

"If Jackson vs. Jones and Evans vs. Jones, two fights that could bring in above average pay-per-view buys, happen with Jones maintaining his belt, it will allow the UFC to set up a Jackson vs. Evans rematch that would more than likely bring in higher dollars than either of the those two title fights. Oh yeah, and I forgot to mention... everyone realizes that Rua vs. Jackson will be happening at some point, right?"

Interesting match ups to ponder.

"Go get some Donald CER-ROE-NAY!" - Greg Jackson

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

05.24.2011 | 3:23 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Hamill   wrong Decision  

rampage turned down a fight with rua i think.
MegaDave
MegaDave
  • Predictions:  8,095  |  59.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,656
  • Post Score: 191

05.24.2011 | 4:17 PM ET

So I've been thinking... when Hamill's fought Jardine, he let Jardine hit him way too many times... if he does that with Rampage, who has crazy power in his hands, Hamill will get KO'd, besides, with the exception of Jardine, he's lost against any good striker (i.e. Jones, DQ was official but whatever).  I think that Jardine fight is telling.  Hamill pushed the pace, but Jardine landed more punches.  Even if Hamill were to push the pace in the Rampage fight, Rampage has better TDD than Jardine (who he beat), and if Hamill allows himself to get hit as many times as he did in the Jardine fight, he'll get ko'd...SO IN SUMMARY JACKSON KO/TKO Rd 3

"I'm sorry that the brilliance of my words goes over your heads. I'm not going to stop being an eagle just because I am surrounded by turkeys-CS"

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

05.24.2011 | 5:13 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Hamill   wrong Decision  

imo hamill has lost only once in his career. the bisping decsion was a total home country decision b/c the fight was in england. i certainly don't count the dq win over jones either. so he has one loss i think to franklin? he is on a 5 fight winning streak and i bet he gets at least one TD in this fight. probably two and that might be all he needs to win.
jaykool777
jaykool777

05.24.2011 | 5:38 PM ET

Whether people agree with the Bisping/Hamill decision or not, the fact remains that Hamill faded in the 3rd round, which is a big mistake in any fight. Some judges will actually gauge an entire fight by who dominates in the last round. Rampage hits a helluva a lot harder than Jardine or Bisping. Against a fighter like Jackson you can't leave your guard down or fade for a second. Keith Jardine, Rashad Evans, Forrest Griffin, Wandy, Chuck, and Eastman can all testify to this, because they have all felt Rampage's power.

As I've said, and MegaDave backs me up, Matt Hamill leaves himself open and allows himself to get hit too often. Because of that, I think Hamill might survive the first round, but he's not going survive past two rounds, if he still keeps his hands down low like he has in the past.

"Keep it punk rock!!!!"

ToddLoc
ToddLoc
  • Predictions:  675  |  61.6%
  • Forum Posts:  138
  • Post Score: 93

05.25.2011 | 2:32 PM ET

I think rampage keeps this fight standing... and hurts Hamill in the 2nd.

"Anderson Silva is the Greatest MMA Fighter of ALL TIME"

PatMaynardESPN760
PatMaynardESPN760
  • Predictions:  39  |  53.8%
  • Forum Posts:  14
  • Post Score: 50

05.25.2011 | 3:14 PM ET

This is a hopeful pick. I'm hoping Rampage has the right mindset going into this fight. I'm not a big fan of Hamill's chin or "heart." I can see Rampage catching Hamill coming in and then dropping to his back like a turtle, which we've seen before.

"Not one quote can describe my personality. To pick a quote from a book that you didn't write seems cliche'. But I don't want to seem pecimistic, sooooo: "Life is a fight. Leave it all in the cage.""

PatMaynardESPN760
PatMaynardESPN760

05.25.2011 | 3:39 PM ET

If Hamill wins, it's by decision. And let's be honest, It's the only way he's going to win. He's not pulling a head kick like he did to Munoz. He's not subbing Rampage. And that awful plodding jab isn't going to win the rounds. It's lay and pray all the way for Matt. (Which, unfortunately...I can see happening.)
If the judges score the round by the one or two takedowns...it goes matts way If the judges score by damage....I like Rampage.

"Not one quote can describe my personality. To pick a quote from a book that you didn't write seems cliche'. But I don't want to seem pecimistic, sooooo: "Life is a fight. Leave it all in the cage.""

PatMaynardESPN760
PatMaynardESPN760

05.25.2011 | 3:41 PM ET

If Hamill wins, it's by decision. And let's be honest, It's the only way he's going to win. He's not pulling a head kick like he did to Munoz. He's not subbing Rampage. And that awful plodding jab isn't going to win the rounds. It's lay and pray all the way for Matt. (Which, unfortunately...I can see happening.)
If the judges score the round by the one or two takedowns...it goes matts way If the judges score by damage....I like Rampage.

jaykool777
jaykool777

05.25.2011 | 4:28 PM ET

@Patmaynard - I agree with you. The only way I see Matt Hamill winning is by decision. I pick Rampage by KO in round 2.

"Keep it punk rock!!!!"

Yaspaa
Yaspaa
  • Predictions:  173  |  73.4%
  • Forum Posts:  1,422
  • Post Score: 151

05.25.2011 | 7:20 PM ET

Prediction: correct Jackson   correct Decision  

Hamill is too cut and dry, bless him. He isn't aggressive enough to impress the judges.

"I Get Better."

Heroak
Heroak
  • Predictions:  2,369  |  61.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,182
  • Post Score: 154

05.25.2011 | 7:27 PM ET

i think hammil will fight him off till the third

"Tell her I'm rich, and I'm good looking, and I have, uh, a ******'s wit."

Page 3

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Canelo Alvarez vs. Jaime Munguia: 5 questions (and answers) before boxing showdown
  • Bad Left Hook : Boxing streaming and TV schedule for May 2-4
  • MMA Mania : Mexican Merab Has UF-Si Challenge For ‘Suga’
  • Middle Easy : Kamaru Usman and Henry Cejudo Offer Their Condolences to Francis Ngannou, Preview Jose Aldo’s UFC 301 Return
  • MMA Junkie : Caio Borralho plans to KO Paul Craig at UFC 301, avenge fellow Brazilians: 'I love this matchup'
  • MMAFighting.com : Alexander Volkanovski declares Jose Aldo the featherweight GOAT
  • MMA Mania : Co-op Live Cancelation Chaos!
  • MMA Junkie : Demetrious Johnson aspires to 'box a legend of the sport,' not a fellow MMA fighter
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 304 adds Arnold Allen vs. Giga Chikadze to Manchester lineup
  • UFC.com : UFC UNFILTERED | Steve Erceg, Caio Borralho, UFC 301 Predictions
  • MMAFighting.com : Michael Page trains with ‘beast’ Khamzat Chimaev
  • MMA Junkie : Alessandro Costa motivated to see former rival Steve Erceg fight for UFC title
  • MMA Mania : UFC 302 Poster Drops For ‘Makhachev Vs Poirier’
  • MMAFighting.com : Between the Links: Ryan Garcia, Jose Aldo’s return at UFC 301, Mike Perry shines again, Paul vs. Tyson sanctioned
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch Between the Links LIVE NOW
  • MMA Junkie : Jose Aldo's coach predicts brutal knockout over Jonathan Martinez at UFC 301
  • MMA Mania : ‘Destroyer’ Draws Two-Year Prison Sentence
  • MMA Junkie : Alexander Volkanovski: Ilia Topuria 'not going about things the right way' as UFC champion
  • MMAFighting.com : This Is CineMMA, ‘Mais Forte que o Mundo’: Is this even a Jose Aldo movie?
  • Middle Easy : Video – Alex Pereira Takes Down UFC Hall of Famer Daniel Cormier During Backstage Scuffle