Topic: UFC Fight Night

UFC Fight Night: Hermansson vs. Pyfer

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,246
  • Post Score: 47

11.15.2023 | 5:41 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC Fight Night
Bout   Info
Jack Hermansson   defeats   Joe Pyfer   via Decision, Unanimous   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
Dan Ige   defeats   Andre Fili   via KO/TKO, Check Right Hook to Ground Strike   2:43 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Ihor Potieria   defeats   Robert Bryczek   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Gregory Rodrigues   defeats   Brad Tavares   via KO/TKO, Punches   0:55 Round 3 of 3, 10:55 Total Bout Page
Michael Johnson   defeats   Darrius Flowers   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Rodolfo Vieira   defeats   Armen Petrosyan   via Submission, Arm Triangle Choke   4:48 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Carlos Prates   defeats   Trevin Giles   via KO/TKO, Straight Left   4:03 Round 2 of 3, 9:03 Total Bout Page
Bolaji Oki   defeats   Timmy Cuamba   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Loma Lookboonmee   defeats   Bruna Brasil   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Marcin Prachnio   defeats   Devin Clark   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Max Griffin   defeats   Jeremiah Wells   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Bogdan Guskov   defeats   Zac Pauga   via KO/TKO, Combination Punches   3:38 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Hyder Amil   defeats   Fernie Garcia   via KO/TKO, Strikes (standing TKO)   2:12 Round 2 of 3, 7:12 Total Bout Page
Daniel Marcos   vs.   Aoriqileng   Ends in a No Contest, Unintentional Groin Strike   3:28 Round 2 of 3, 8:28 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 9

PickingMyNose
PickingMyNose
  • Predictions:  967  |  55.1%
  • Forum Posts:  118
  • Post Score: 21

02.04.2024 | 2:00 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 14 Winners, 4 Perfect, 480 Points   |   Tied for 2332nd

Vieira vs. Petrosyan
Armen Petrosyan, DEC
Sticking with the christmas tree curse this card, Rodolfo is due for a loss because of the 6th chaos god... Santa Claus.

Giles vs. Prates
Trevin Giles, DEC
Low confidence here but I think if Giles can survive an early onslaught on the feet, then he gets it done.

Oki vs. Hadžović
Bolaji Oki, DEC
I think Oki is going to win, but Hadzovic is a tough guy. This is going to a decision.

Lookboonmee vs. Brasil
Loma Lookboonmee, DEC
Going with tap on this one.

Clark vs. Prachnio
Marcin Prachnio, DEC
Am I the only one who thinks Prachnio is being overlooked here?

Wells vs. Griffin
Max Griffin, DEC
Griffin by split decision, low confidence.

Pauga vs. Guskov
Bogdan Guskov, TKO, R1
Anthony Smith?!?

Amil vs. Garcia
Fernie Garcia, TKO, R2
Fernie has his back against the wall, I think he gets this done by KO.

Marcos vs. Aoriqileng
Daniel Marcos, TKO, R3
Aoriqileng coming off a bad loss, I can see Marcos getting a late rounds TKO or decision.

* Edited at 02.04.2024, 2:02 PM ET *

"Why they allow makeup in beauty contest but not steroids in contest of strength?"

Dstone
Dstone
  • Predictions:  470  |  58.9%
  • Forum Posts:  170
  • Post Score: 71

02.04.2024 | 5:11 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 14 Winners, 4 Perfect, 475 Points   |   Tied for 2441st

Hermansson vs. Pyfer
Jack Hermansson, DEC
Greco roman wrestle to decision i want to see the joker succeed

"ZAZAAAAA"

Cool C
Cool C
  • Predictions:  100  |  58.0%
  • Forum Posts:  14
  • Post Score: -86

02.04.2024 | 5:17 PM ET

Pyfer getting that White privilege

Predictions: 6 of 14 Winners, 2 Perfect, 405 Points   |   Tied for 3414th

Hermansson is by far the easiest opponent that high ranked that they could give Pyfer. White likes Pyfer so he’s doing what he can to push him up the ladder without a tough match up. After he wins this one they’ll give him Vettori who is also done and then Whittaker who is also done then a title shot. This makes me happy cause I’m a Philly guy

* Edited at 02.04.2024, 5:18 PM ET *

Dstone
Dstone

02.04.2024 | 5:19 PM ET

Just looked in the thread *** is Flowers doing hear this just made my day of all things that he should be doing he is in a mma thread talking **** 😭😂💀

"ZAZAAAAA"

Dstone
Dstone

02.04.2024 | 5:20 PM ET

@Cool C 
u from the future ?  Then pyfer will take on lesnar and then go to boxing and go undefeated and then he will become the president of the usa 😭

"ZAZAAAAA"

weeit
weeit
  • Predictions:  286  |  68.9%
  • Forum Posts:  442
  • Post Score: 29

02.04.2024 | 8:16 PM ET

Predictions: 4 of 8 Winners, 2 Perfect, 250 Points   |   Tied for 4434th

#GayyLMAOnaise
A moderator has publicly marked this as inappropriate. Please be respectful on Tapology otherwise suspensions may be levied.
odds
odds
  • Predictions:  121  |  77.7%
  • Forum Posts:  152
  • Post Score: 121

02.04.2024 | 9:18 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 9 Winners, 3 Perfect, 505 Points   |   Tied for 1982nd

I’m excited to see Carlos Prates again, that DWCS performance stuck with me 
ryanbone
ryanbone
  • Predictions:  377  |  65.5%
  • Forum Posts:  45
  • Post Score: 67

02.04.2024 | 9:38 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 14 Winners, 5 Perfect, 625 Points   |   Tied for 368th

yawn

"He sweats while his heart racin, his legs and his arms shakin... But his brain is out to lunch, he's stargazin like Carl Sagan"

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise
  • Predictions:  16,163  |  67.3%
  • Forum Posts:  32,236
  • Post Score: 88

02.04.2024 | 9:49 PM ET

Picks part 1

Predictions: 8 of 14 Winners, 1 Perfect, 470 Points   |   Tied for 2485th

Giles vs Prates 
Prates KO RD 1

Giles will forever frustrate me because he has all the skills in the world to be a solid top 10-15 guy (just check his resume) but he is plagued with 0 fight iq. Giles comes into every fight and lets his opponents choose how to fight him. If you want to strike, he will oblige and same goes with the wrestling. Not only does he let you choose where the fight takes place, he also lets you dictate the pace; if you want to spar or brawl, he is happy to do either. If he fights smart for once I think he can definitely win, prates is a killer on the feet but historically has struggled with grapplers & we know Giles is more than capable there. However, Giles is likely going to stand with him and that just won't end well. What I like the most about prates is his composure; you see all the ko's an assume hes a brawler but hs the exact opposite. Prates comes from a kickboxing background & fights extremely technical. He takes his time to make reads and set up traps. Not only does he have natural power, prates is laser accurate with his strikes. Giles makes too many mistakes defensively and is super chinny at 170. Again, if he fights smart for once I think he can get an upset here, but hes likely going to trade with prates which is never going to end well. Prates is wayyyyy too good on the feet; we will have to see what his grappling looks like but I think this dude is a top 8-10 level striker easily.

Oki vs Hadzovic 
Oki KO RD 2

Im taking the favorite here but im a little unsure about this one. The path to beat hadzovic is clear, just wrestle and you win. However, oki is a kickboxer (a really solid one at that) and barely ever wrestles on tape. Im sure he can get hadzovic down if he tries but he has shown hes more than willing to stand against a kickboxer. Hadzovic isn't overly impressive to me on the feet but he is solid and has much more experience than oki. He has good leg kicks and solid hooks, showed against yancy that he likes to swarm you with combos and then take a rest. He has pretty good power but poor finishing ability and his cardio isn't amazing. Oki is fast and very powerful; I was super impressed how he just steamrolled Salvador on dwcs. His footage outside the ufc isn't the best, he looks really solid but there's some things like volume, tdd, and defense that seemed a little suspicious to me. Not bad, but not sure how that will translate to the ufc level. I did see many improvements on dwcs so he is showing that he is evolving as a fighter. Really I think this comes down to him being the younger and faster striker. Hes so much more athletic and explosive than hadzovic. Hadzovic is also past his prime and coming off a long layoff due to ACL surgery. I think this might be closer than the odds indicate since oki likely won't wrestle, but this should be a passing of the garb.

Loma vs Brasil 
Brasil DEC 

I love the matchmaking here, two very good strikers going against one another. Before tape I really thought this was gonna be Loma easily, but after watching her fights im not as impressed as I was. She has fantastic muay thai but isn't as clean of an mma fighter as I remember. Her striking is obviously very good but I'm not a fan of her defense; I get she's a Muay Thai fighter but she really embodies the take one to give one mentality. My original take on this fight was Loma would win by closing the distance and taking down brasil. I can definitely still see her doing this but I was shocked at how bad her control is. She has great clinch takedowns but makes a ton of mistakes on the mat; I mean she kept giving up position to Gomes and even reed reversed her. Bruna is pretty bad on the ground but I actually think she will be able to get back to her feet. On the feet I actually think this is very close. Loma has the accolades but bruna is a very good kickboxer; I'm actually quite impressed when she is able to get in her groove. She has a big size advantage & is a very good athlete. A caveat of her style is that she has almost no boxing at all, if you close the distance she is kinda clueless. But at range she is a problem, her kicks are dynamic and very powerful. I really didn't like how Bannon was able to win a round by pressuring bruna, but Loma fights very measured and technical so that should play into bruna's game. I know this is risky but given she at a size & athleticism disadvantage, and given her poor fight iq I think this will be a close fight. I'm willing to bank on bruna for the upset.

Clark vs Prachnio 
Prachnio KO RD 2

Ive been back and forth on this one a lot. I really dislike pranchio & rate him very poorly but clark has no fight iq and a very suspect chin. On the feet I think I favor prachnio. He has this very weird karate style that throws a lot of people off; he has unorthodox footwork and an extremely kick heavy striking style. He has some okay punches but cannot box very well and has a super suspect chin. Clark's striking is very poor to me, he just kinda swings wildly to close the distance and at range just throws kicks that don't do much. I have a weird feeling the kicks of prachnio are going to throw clark off a lot. There's also clark's glass jaw, I don't even mean to be rude by saying that; he quite literally cannot take a punch. nearly every fight clark gets hit clean & his body just has the most violent reaction ever. Prachnio does swing hard so I could definitely see him hurting clark. My main worry is prachnio's cardio and wrestling. He can't wrestle well at all & usually just sits on his back the whole time. Clark's wrestling isn't amazing, but it's definitely the best part of his game. If he is able to get takedowns early, I'm really worried he will just grind prachnio out and win a super boring UD. I will likely still be going back and forth on this pick throughout fight week

Wells vs Griffin 
Wells DEC 

I think this one will be somewhat similar to wells vs semi. Griffin hits very hard but has horrible finishing instincts. He gets a knockdown or hurts his opponents quite frequently in round 1, but he usually just follows them to the ground and ends up letting them back into the fight. Wells can definitely hit him but I just hate how wild he is. Wells also hits ridiculously hard so maybe he could be the one to crack max's chin but I doubt it. The reason im picking wells is the grappling; he is a very good grappler & uses his insane strength to get body lock takedowns. Griffin has historically pretty solid tdd & is a good wrestler in his own right, but I don't think he is good enough on the ground to get wells off of him. What makes wells special is he keeps his explosiveness for the entire 15 minutes; meaning he can spam body lock takedowns against the clinch as long as he wants. Griffin doesn't have an amazing gas tank & we saw against magny that grappling heavy fights really sap his cardio. I wouldn't be totally shocked if griffin bonks wells early but even if he does, I fear he just goes right to the ground and lets wells recover or shoot on him.

Pauga vs Guskov 
Pauga KO RD 3

Im really shocked at the odds on this one. I get pauga is not that good but guskov is completely fraudulent to me. Anytime  he has faced real competition he has gotten destroyed;  Ill cut him slack for volkan because that was a mismatch but his loss to vasilevskiy is really bad; he just walked forward and got stiffened by a weak jab. Guskov has some brutal knockouts but when I watch the fights it's clear to see he is beating up on cans. Pauga's striking is not as bad as I remembered, his chin is very suspect but he was landing some very good shots on modestas in his last fight. Pauga is not a finisher but he hits decently hard & has pretty decent kickboxing skills. I think round 1 will be scary for pauga since guskov is fresh but after that he should take over. Even on the feet I think pauga is better, guskov marches forwards while pauga has good footwork & will mix in kicks and throw him off with feints. Guskov's chin is really suspect to me so I genuinely think pauga can crack him. To avoid the early ko threat, I think pauga will approach this similarly to the Wright fight; by clinching guskov up against the fence and grinding on him with elbows. I don't trust guskov's wrestling or cardio and I think the grinding heavy style of pauga will really wear on him. I see pauga finishing him late but of course this wouldn't be at all surprising if it goes the distance. I just get big fraud vibes from guskov. He can definitely win this fight but if he doesn't get a round 1 ko I don't see him having the cardio to win a decision

Amil vs Garcia 
Amil DEC 

This is a tricky one; I think Amil is really bad so I don't like seeing him be a big favorite but it's hard to ignore that Fernie is also bad & taking this on 8 days notice up a weight class. Fernie actually has pretty decent skills but he is so content to just coast, even in his regional fights he would win rounds clearly but made fights way too close. Fernie has clean boxing and really solid counter striking but he doesn't throw anything, even when he hurts people he won't follow up. He has pretty much only boxing and really poor defense. What I dislike the most is that he doesn't really want to win; hes had two very winnable ufc fights & started off decently but wouldn't fight hard enough to get himself up on the scorecards. I say all this because Amil is really bad, hes like a slightly better 145 Trevor peek. Every fight he has is a wild brawl: Hyder swings for the fences, takes punches on the chin, has bad grappling, and bad cardio but he just fights through it. If Fernie showed any bit of urgency in his fights I would pick him here. Unfortunately, as bad as he is, Amil is just going to walk him down all fight & not show any respect. Fernie will be able to hit him but im not sure if he has the willingness to match Hyde's pace. I think Hyder is just going to be Hyder and drown Garcia with his pace. Im not super confident in Hyder but Garcia has never once shown he has the ability to brawl hard for 15 minutes, and now hes going up a weight class on 8 days notice? 

Marcos vs AQ 
Marcos KO RD 2

Love this fight but hate that one has to lose. I know a lot of people were disappointed with Marcos's last fight but grant has a very unorthodox style that was throwing off Marcos. Regardless of the decision, it was a much closer fight than people make it out to be; it's not like grant whooped his ass and got robbed. I like AQ a lot but he is a step down & has a lot of defensive flaws Marcos can exploit. AQ has been fighting more technical but I don't see him having much success trying to outstrik Marcos; I think AQ is a very solid fighter but Marcos is just better than him in every aspect on the feet. If AQ brawls, he stands his best shot at winning as we know Marcos doesn't want to be getting hit. However, AQ doesn't have the cardio to brawl for 15 min & even if he does Marcos will find a counter. AQ could also wrestle but from what Marcos has shown thus far I think he can defend any shots. I expect this to be a great fight though, both these guys are super violent strikers.

"“Unfortunately you can’t talk like that on FOX” - Joe Rogan"

UncleSocrates
UncleSocrates
  • Predictions:  1,048  |  62.7%
  • Forum Posts:  155
  • Post Score: 190

02.04.2024 | 9:50 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 8 of 14 Winners, 2 Perfect, 490 Points   |   Tied for 2148th

Hermansson vs. Pyfer
Joe Pyfer, TKO, R2
BE JOE PYFER. Joe is one of my favorite fighters on the roster and is dangerous everywhere. Devastating power, good wrestling, slick bjj. He finds an early finish here in his showcase and enters the rankings.

Ige vs. Fili
Dan Ige, DEC
Love this fight, think Ige's durability, quickness, and boxing will win him this

Potieria vs. Bryczek
Robert Bryczek, TKO, R1
Not sold on Ihor at all especially down a weight class on short notice, Brycek continues the KO streak

Tavares vs. Rodrigues
Gregory Rodrigues, DEC
Wasn't impressed with Tavares against Weidman at all. He is extremely tough to takedown and finish though so I see a Robocop decisive win

Johnson vs. Flowers
Michael Johnson, TKO, R2
Another close one where Johnson will win with superior boxing. Always can get chinned though.

Vieira vs. Petrosyan
Armen Petrosyan, DEC
Tough one to call, Petrosyan survives early onslaught and puts it on Rodolfo late to secure the decision

Giles vs. Prates
Carlos Prates, TKO, R2
Prates is talented and Giles is chinny

Oki vs. Hadžović
Bolaji Oki, TKO, R1
Love Oki very explosive and he will find the chin early

Lookboonmee vs. Brasil
Loma Lookboonmee, DEC
Loma wins this pretty convincingly, lots of thai sweeps

Clark vs. Prachnio
Devin Clark, DEC
Snoozer, Clark grinds out the win

Wells vs. Griffin
Jeremiah Wells, DEC
Wells has more tools to win and is very explosive

Pauga vs. Guskov
Bogdan Guskov, TKO, R2
Guskov finds the chin

Amil vs. Garcia
Hyder Amil, DEC
Amil by wrestling, not sold at this line

Marcos vs. Aoriqileng
Daniel Marcos, DEC
Marcos outsrikes him to a decision

"."

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise
  • Predictions:  16,163  |  67.3%
  • Forum Posts:  32,236
  • Post Score: 88

02.04.2024 | 9:51 PM ET

Part 2

Predictions: 8 of 14 Winners, 1 Perfect, 470 Points   |   Tied for 2485th

Hermansson vs Pyfer 
Hermansson SUB RD 4

I really don't feel great picking jack, but I am really not sold on the pyfer hype train. He has looked flawless in the ufc, but against tailor made matchups. Hermansson is nearing the end of his career & is one of the worse guys at the top 15, but hes still a ranked veteran; thats significantly better than anyone pyfer has fought thus far. I will say, pyfer has ran through everyone hes fought handedly. His power has been really surpsiing to me, he has been dropping everyone and shown some really nasty combos in the pocket. Pyfer is kind of stationary at times and I also feel he can be hittable when he is throwing down. Being a Philly guy, pyfer has also shown good grappling; I know it's alhassan but I was impressed to see pyfer not let his ego get to him and fight smart. He could've easily tried to stand and prove a point against alhassan but he took the smart path and used his full skillset. Pyfer really does look like a solid top 15 guy but I just don't know if he is ready yet. Hermansson is not great but he is not bad by any means. He hates to get hit so if pyfer can close the distance, he could be in trouble. However, Hermnasson is quite tricky on the feet, he loves to dance around you with leg kicks, jabs, and his lateral movement. Pyfer has fought only people who will stand in front of him and bang, so being forced to chase will be new to him. Pyfer seems solid on the mat but I'd give the grappling advantage to jack based on what ive seen. He has all that experience, a greco roman background, and (I believe) a bjj black belt. Hermansson will sometimes do ******** things like go for a heel hook (or shoot on roman) but he is a decent grappler. Really what this comes down to for me is experience; pyfer definitely looks the part but he hasn't been tested at all. Not only that, but he hasn't even been past 10 minutes. I could definitely see him getting jack out of there early but if he doesn't, what happens? pyfer is very muscular and everything he does is explosive and uses a lot of energy. If he doesnt get a finish I think hermansson will grind him out and get a late finish

Ige vs Fili 
Ige DEC 

this is a much more fun fight and also a better matchup for ige. Fili is one of those vets who's always right on the cusp of top 15, but can never get there. Mostly this has to do with his consistency issues; Fili either looks amazing or bad, no in-between. When hes on, hes got very sharp boxing and a solid wrestling background. When he's off, he looks very bad on the feet and fights dumb. One flaw that's consistent with fili is his defense. His striking defense is fine but he overswings or bites on a feint quite frequently, which has lead to him getting dropped or koed a decent amount. It just so happens counter striking is ige's bread and butter. Fili has a reach advantage but Ige is much cleaner with his strikes and has an advantage with his power and durability. I 100% think ige will get a knockdown here (maybe even 2) but not sure he will find a ko. He hits very hard but isn't much of a finisher. I am confident we see ige hurt him at some point though, because fili is too irresponsible when he gets into a firefight. He will wrestle when he gets cracked but I don't think eh will be able to do anything significant with the control. Should be a pretty clear cut, but entertaining win for Ige

Ihor vs Bryczek 
Bryczek KO RD 1

No idea how Ihor is making 185 on a weeks notice. This is an intriguing fight, since I don't rate bryczek highly. I think this fight really comes down to whose chin holds up better. Bryczek has cleaner striking but both dudes hit like a truck. Ihor just throws caution to the wind and tries to take your head off. He isn't good, but he hits very hard and gets in your face. If this was at 205 id probably take Ihor, but down a weight class on short notice is a red flag. Even if he makes weight, his cardio was terrible at 205 and hes already been chinned in every loss; I don't imagine either are going to get better at 185, especially on a weeks notice. bryczek doesn't seem that impressive to me; he hits really hard but can't fight technical and has bad cardio/wrestling. As I said already, Ihor shares these same shortcomings and going down a weight class is probably not going to end well for him. Definitely wouldn't be shocked by an upset but one thing I am positive on, someone is going to sleep badly.

Tavares vs Rodrigues 
Rodrogues KO RD 1

Much like armen/viera, my opinion hasn't changed on this fight at all. I think Tavares is the perfect style for Obama. Tavares has always been a guy who will bite down on his mouthpiece and throw caution to the wind. We all know robocop loves a good brawl but this benefits him even more since Tavares does not have good power. He can crack, especially when he lands a counter shot, but he has no finishing ability & one of the worst ko rates in ufc history, so I think Robocop will be fine. Tavares is also declining badly; that weidman fight was a terrible look. Not only couldn't he finish weidman, he was letting a one-legged weidman push him against the fence. I have always maintained that robocop is a top 10-15 level guy, he just doesn't fight smart. I think his striking is very good & he is going to get the exact fight he wants. He is not gonna respect Tavares striking since there's not a ton of power, and he should be able to walk him down and get him up the cage. Tavares used to be very durable but that is declining with age. As is cardio, he doesn't death gas but he can't maintain the same pace he used to. I think this is a domination by Obama.

Johnson vs Flowers 
Johnson KO RD 1

the phrase "MJ can win and lose to anyone" has been beaten to death at this point, but there is truth to it. He has managed to pull some losses out of his ass in incredible fashion, from gassing out and getting finished to dominating a round only to lose to an imanari roll, Johnson has found every way possible to lose a fight. One thing that is consistent, he has never lose to someone on this level. Now I know flowers is a touchy subject so I will refrain from being harsh, but Johnson has never lost to a regional level fighter. My main worry is the first 90 seconds; flowers will do his classic blitz but then tire out afterwards. MJ has a suspect chin at this point so I could see him getting clipped early. If he survives that, then Johnson should take this easily. Johnsons hand speed has always been very impressive & he is just a slick boxer. Flowers has power but he is pretty wild out there where Johnson has nasty counter striking & has brawled with the best of them. Luckily for Johnson, he is fighting a guy with just as bad of a ground game as him, so there *shouldn't* be any meme submission loss here. The thing I really want to see is the scales. Flowers has never made 155 before, has fought as high as 200 lbs, and is pretty jacked so this cut will be interesting. Even if he does make weight, im curious to see how long he can blitz for. At 170 and up, he was gassing after round 1 so I can only imagine he has 2-3 min in the tank at 155. Johnson is liable to lose to anyone but I really think this is a fight he should take.

Viera vs Petrosyan 
Viera SUB RD 2

My opinion hasn't changed since this first got booked. I get armen has looked improved but this is a terrible matchup for him. Yes, he has shown good sub defense but he hasn't shown me that he knows how to defend a takedown still. Furthermore, I know (and agree) that Viera's bjj skills haven't translated as well to mma but stylistically I think this is a good matchup for him. Viera's wrestling is limited, being regelated to almost exclusively a blast double. Now, his blast double is solid but I wish there was some variation to his takedowns. Despite this, I think he should be able to get Armen down relatively easy; much worse wrestlers than Viera have taken down armen. I know he survived Caio and Obama, but those guys are not on the grappling level of Viera. If Viera gets you to the mat, you are most likely ******; he really is as good as it gets in bjj. Obviously the striking is a worry but armen has became much more of a point fighter in the ufc. Obviously Viera won't win on the feet but I think he can land with his jab and mostly stay out of trouble on the feet. The leg kicks of armen do worry me, as im sure Viera can't check kicks at all & once those start landing he may panic. However, I just can't ignore how bad armen's tdd is. Ive seen a lot of people saying it's improved but based off of what? because he defended a lat drop from CLD? armen hasn't shown me any improvements in his grappling and I simply don't think he can survive 15 minutes of grappling against Rodolfo Viera

"“Unfortunately you can’t talk like that on FOX” - Joe Rogan"

Khutulun19
Khutulun19
  • Predictions:  96  |  60.4%
  • Forum Posts:  15
  • Post Score: -27

02.04.2024 | 11:48 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 470 Points   |   Tied for 2506th

Hermansson v Pyfer.
Think this fight goes similarly to the Hermansson v Cannonier fight. Hermansson likes to fight on the outside and definitely has the minute winning potential. I just think he will get clipped at some point and when he does, I do question his durability. To me Pyfer's boxing is pretty tight, he can be there to be hit at times but fights with smart pressure and seems to have underrated power (Talks of him breaking Ngannou's punching power record at the PI). His BJJ mates on fight pass look very legit, he seems to think his way through grappling sequences very well and I'm sure the fact he trains with Sean Brady helps that.Pyfer ITD (Slight lean KO prop will probably be a fair bet)

Ige v Fili.
Fili has a good opportunity to win some moments in this fight, he generally keeps range quite well and will switch to southpaw to throw the body kick/head kick which is quite sharp. Ige is one of my favourites to watch, sure he is 9/6 in the UFC but his boxing combinations are slick. The way to beat him is to put the wrestling shoes on for 15 minutes (Can't see Fili doing that). In a pure stand-up fight I think Ige wins easily,I'd prefer to go Ige ML but KO 2/3 has upside too

Poteria v Bryzcek.
No idea, Polish guys on the regional scene to me tend to be juiced to the gills and when they come to the UFC they either are a big success (eg. Gamrot/Rebecki) or a flop (eg. Brzeski/Szaflarski). I'd be inclined to not have a bet as it's too volatine. I'd be intrigued to hear where Igor has been training and also how he's going to look at 185 on the scales (Has he tried to cut to 185 in camp in the past to see if he can make it?)

Tavares v Robocop.
Tavares not finishing Weidman was criminal, should be in jail for that. However he is a well educated striker (Lacks a power upside though) I think his durability is starting to waine too and taken alot of damage during his UFC career (has been KO'ed 3 times in round 1) Robocop is a fighter that you never back at chalk odds but he is very skilled striker and has a BJJ pedigree. His chin is suspect and you never know when it's going to go but I've noticed he's been training with Alex Pereira so he might of fine tuned some of his defensive lapses (High chin and distance management) I'm not sure how Tavares wins this fight soRobocop ML might be the way to go (Maybe a sprinkle at the under 1.5 rounds)?

Johnson v Flowers
Volatile fight! Johnson has the much better skill set but he is a bit of a ticking time bomb in terms of his chin. Flowers will give you hell for 3 minutes, has power and will go for power wrestling early. Johnson sprawl is very good so if Flowers is wrestling it will have to be a body lock TD to initiate grappling sequences (Darrius if you're in the chat can you tell me what Jiu Jitsu belt you currently hold)? One thing that Johnson has that is very underrated that I think will work here is his boxing combinations to the body, Flowers was getting hurt every time Jake Matthews threw to the body in the last fight.Fight not to go the distance is a good play and could really see either Flowers TKO/1 or Johnson (TKO in Rd 2/3) is logical plays.

Giles v Praetes
Very similar styles on show here so I can see a slow-paced kickboxing fight here with no TD's. Prates is good, will fight hands down and press forward. Haven't seen much regional tape so I don't know how he will fare if he gets taken down. He does have a few losses early in his career that are concerning but lately he's been on a tear and kind of looks like he has the death touch. I do like how he mixes up his target on the feet and will chew the lead leg of his opponent up. Also always looks for the head kick and does set it up quite well. This is not an easy fight because Giles is moving towards the veteran category. However throughout his career, his arguably looked good in every fight until he hasn't in his losses. His fight style of playing peek a boo with his hands down and looking to counter is arguably not the style you want to fight with when you have questionable durability.I think Prates stalks him down and get's the TKO.

I'll try and throw up the rest of my thoughts in the next few days.
DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,792  |  66.9%
  • Forum Posts:  7,565
  • Post Score: 262

02.05.2024 | 12:41 AM ET

Predictions: 7 of 14 Winners, 2 Perfect, 470 Points   |   Tied for 2506th

Even tho I believe the stat of Joe Pyfer hitting harder then Francis is a lie, I also believe the stat existence show how Joe Pyfer hit very hard, Hermanson historically don’t do well against powerful chads

Unless Pyfer get confused and pissed off by basic footwork like Curtis, or has one round cardio like Edman, this should be easy win

* Edited at 02.05.2024, 1:27 AM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

MaryE
MaryE
  • Predictions:  1,281  |  66.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1
  • Post Score: 200

02.05.2024 | 12:51 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 8 of 14 Winners, 1 Perfect, 485 Points   |   Tied for 2272nd

Clark vs. Prachnio
Devin Clark, DEC
The

"“I don’t fix things, I adjust.”"

BlackBeardBets
BlackBeardBets
  • Predictions:  257  |  56.8%
  • Forum Posts:  20
  • Post Score: 25

02.05.2024 | 2:17 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 6 of 14 Winners, 1 Perfect, 355 Points   |   Tied for 3874th

Hermansson vs. Pyfer
Joe Pyfer, TKO, R1
Pyfer, I think will just have a huge physicality advantage here.

Ige vs. Fili
Dan Ige, DEC
They both hit really hard, but Ige has shown to be way more durable in the past.

Potieria vs. Bryczek
Ihor Potieria, TKO, R2
Poteria has such good striking, he had Bellato dead to rights but blew his load. I look for him to learn from his losses here and get a win over a guy who has been KOed in the past before, and to a much smaller and less powerful guy.

Tavares vs. Rodrigues
Gregory Rodrigues, TKO, R1
Can't ever count Tavares out fully, but I think Robocop just projects to have more success at his stage in his career than Tavares.

Johnson vs. Flowers
Darrius Flowers, TKO, R2
Darrius Flowers is a guy who has fought at LHW before, he carries a ton of power. Michael Johnson should have the speed advantage here, but it only takes one from Flowers given Michael Johnsons durability.

Vieira vs. Petrosyan
Rodolfo Vieira, SUB, R2
Armen does good against grapplers because of he is active from bottom and has a good get up game. But against someone the caliber of Rodolfo, you do not want to get taken down at all.

Giles vs. Prates
Trevin Giles, DEC
This is a huge step up in competition for Prates, and I look for Giles to give him somewhat of a vet lesson.

Oki vs. Hadžović
Bolaji Oki, TKO, R1
Damir is just not UFC caliber

Lookboonmee vs. Brasil
Loma Lookboonmee, DEC
Brasil is not UFC caliber, Loma is the truth, especially since she got her grappling buttoned up

Clark vs. Prachnio
Devin Clark, DEC
Devin Clark will probably do what he always does and put this guy against the cage for 3 rounds.

Wells vs. Griffin
Jeremiah Wells, DEC
Wells is relentless, he had his last fight in the bag before he got caught in that submission.

Pauga vs. Guskov
Zac Pauga, DEC
I got Pauga here to win a boring clinch fest probably

Amil vs. Garcia
Hyder Amil, DEC
Hyder Amil is relentless and durable, I think he will put the volume on Fernie similar to Fernie's fight against Heistand.

Marcos vs. Aoriqileng
Aoriqileng, DEC
Look for Marcos to keep it technical and pick the China man apart from the outside.

Mothswords
Mothswords
  • Predictions:  2,554  |  63.7%
  • Forum Posts:  2,341
  • Post Score: 149

02.05.2024 | 7:58 AM ET

Predictions: 8 of 14 Winners, 2 Perfect, 520 Points   |   Tied for 1681st

Id be careful putting prates in parlays. He's lost to some questionable dudes. I can see him wilting under adversity 
Hezzli
Hezzli
  • Predictions:  310  |  65.8%
  • Forum Posts:  339
  • Post Score: 118

02.05.2024 | 9:09 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 4 of 13 Winners, 1 Perfect, 240 Points   |   Tied for 4450th

Hermansson vs. Pyfer
Joe Pyfer, TKO, R4
this fight is not as one sided as the tap picks make it seem but i still lean towards pyfer for the momentum factor. i feel like pyfer is kinda plotty and can be checked here by jack but my money is on pyfer

Ige vs. Fili
Andre Fili, DEC
it’s filis time. he’s the definition of inconsistency but i love his kicks from southpaw. i understand why the majority pick is ige his boxing is very slick and his grappling isn’t half bad but im going with the dog here

Johnson vs. Flowers
Michael Johnson, DEC
johnson’s boxing is clean enough for me to pick him here. sorry flowers

Giles vs. Prates
Trevin Giles, DEC
another king of inconsistency im picking on this card. giles has fight IQ that’s room temperature but he has enough skill to get past prates imo. this fight is gonna ruin a lot of parlays

Oki vs. Hadžović
Bolaji Oki, TKO, R2
let’s go oki

Pauga vs. Guskov
Zac Pauga, TKO, R3
not super confident in this pick but guskov looks like a amateur in any fight where he isn’t going against a pushover

* Edited at 02.05.2024, 9:14 AM ET *

"4 days notice i was ******* drinking beer and eating steaks in brazil"

ITJUSTWORKS
ITJUSTWORKS
  • Predictions:  3,363  |  61.7%
  • Forum Posts:  283
  • Post Score: 241

02.05.2024 | 9:46 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 6 of 14 Winners, 0 Perfect, 330 Points   |   Tied for 4104th

Hermansson vs. Pyfer
Joe Pyfer, TKO, R2
I have no idea what Joe's skill ceiling is, but I think this match up is really good for him. Jack isn't a bum, but he melts under pressure. He did well against Jared, until he was being pressured and rushed down. Marvin shut him down, and so did Sean. My main point is Joe Pyfer is pretty ******* good at pressuring and is fighting a guy who literally can't handle that

"I fell off harder then those monkeys jumping on the bed"

Griffo420
Griffo420
  • Predictions:  482  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  119
  • Post Score: 161

02.05.2024 | 11:09 AM ET

Predictions: 9 of 14 Winners, 2 Perfect, 545 Points   |   Tied for 1232nd

Damn, I only check the tapology threads after the previous weekends MMA is finished and I am missing everything🤣🤣

Drama among tapology experts and add in MMA fighters now!  **** is cray 
DevinM34
DevinM34
  • Predictions:  427  |  66.7%
  • Forum Posts:  868
  • Post Score: 160

02.05.2024 | 11:17 AM ET

Predictions: 8 of 14 Winners, 3 Perfect, 515 Points   |   Tied for 1741st

Kinda surprised Oki and Prates are such big favorites. Never know what you're going to get from Contender Series alums

"My balls was hot"

Page 9

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Raw video: Usman sleeps Masvidal, a Shevchenko head kick and more UFC legendary moments without commentary
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! Misfits Boxing 14 Press Conference Video!
  • MMA Mania : Sphere Today, Gone Tomorrow
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch BTL live at 12:30 p.m. ET
  • Bad Left Hook : WBO orders Buatsi vs Yarde for interim title
  • MMA Junkie : Aljamain Sterling reignites rivalry with Sean O'Malley: 'You're a sorry-ass champion'
  • MMA Mania : ‘This Is A Female Rocky’
  • MMA Junkie : After UFC 301 TKO win, Alessandro Costa calls for ranked opponent: 'I've proven that I'm at that level'
  • MMAFighting.com : Cory Sandhagen gets real on Umar Nurmagomedov: ‘It’s going to be a pain in the ass of a fight’
  • Jits Magazine : Watch Mikey Musumeci Training Wrestling With NCAA Champion Roman Bravo-Young
  • MMA Junkie : Kai Kara-France eyes UFC 305 return: 'Steve Erceg let's settle it in Perth'
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC owners address concerns over new TV deal, future of UFC APEX shows, and The Sphere being ‘one and done’
  • MMA Mania : Steveson Training MMA Following WWE Release
  • MMA Junkie : Rodrigo Nascimento confident ahead of UFC on ESPN 56 main event vs. Derrick Lewis: 'I have many ways to beat him'
  • MMAFighting.com : Chael Sonnen doesn’t consider himself a UFC Hall of Famer despite 2024 induction
  • UFC.com : Games Global Signs Exclusive Partnership With UFC To Produce Unique Branded Digital Slots
  • MMA Mania : UFC Owners Admit Apex Sucks: ‘It’s Just Not The Same Experience’
  • MMA Junkie : Jan Blachowicz: Jon Jones 'escaped to heavyweight because I was in my prime when he left'
  • MMA Mania : Lewis Reveals Injuries From Almeida Stinker: ‘Even Uppercuts Hurt’
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Jake Paul says ‘one of us has to die’ now that Mike Tyson bout is professional boxing match