Topic: Fighter News & Gossip

www.creedthoughts.gov.www\creedthoughts

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Michael315Scarn
Michael315Scarn

03.27.2022 | 11:30 AM ET

My thoughts about the sport of MMA. Maybe nobody cares and I’m screaming into the void, but it’s better than talking someone’s ears off IRL. 

Responses Page 2

Michael315Scarn
Michael315Scarn

04.16.2022 | 9:36 AM ET

Post Bellator 277

Tyrell Fortune should get the Tim Johnson rematch. Or Bellator should put him versus Davion Franklin on the Paris card. Fortune vs. Franklin in Paris would be very epic. 

If Vassell is also willing for a quick turnaround, he could also take the Franklin fight. I just hope they keep Franklin on. 

Yagshimurodov continues to prove to be an impressively tough opponent. 

Gustavo Bolaños continues the impressive streak Peruvian fighters in the UFC and Bellator are having. Great KO late in the first against Carey. 

In my opinion, Pico has done enough to be tested versus the very top of the division in Bellator. The fight versus Burrell makes since and it would be his first opponent who has been in the UFC. However I wouldn’t mind seeing him versus Borics to see who gets the winner of the trilogy. Or if Borics fights for the belt, booking against Kennedy again would be good. Pico is an intriguing section of his career. 

I expect to see his opponent Adli Edwards again in Bellator. I think he showed to have the heart and with a little more notice he should be able to provide a better performance. However Pico is a machine so it was hard to expect Edwards to win.  

Socrates Hernandez vs. Rogelio Luna. Epic fight. Hernandez demonstrated incredible toughness. And Luna demonstrated he was above the skill level his record or age would indicate. Hernandez was already on my radar but now Luna’s next fight becomes must watch. 

A good card that shouldn’t be ruined by the last two fights outcomes. I’m looking forward to the double Bellator action next weekend. 

Michael315Scarn
Michael315Scarn

04.19.2022 | 6:42 PM ET

Nick Diaz UFC 44

“I didn't quite have my head all the way together for this fight,” Nick Diaz to Joe Rogan after winning his debut fight in the UFC by armbar. The fight was his third against Jeremy Jackson. 

This could be a quote from his most recent match.  
CheckLeftHook
CheckLeftHook
  • Predictions:  2,389  |  56.6%
  • Forum Posts:  5,968
  • Post Score: 172

04.20.2022 | 9:02 PM ET

it would have been way better if he just kept sitting on the sidelines instead of doing that Lawler fight, that was just sad to watch.

"🏴 No Quarter Given 🏴"

Michael315Scarn
Michael315Scarn

04.20.2022 | 10:58 PM ET

I was just pointing out that he has always had a negative outlook after fights and before.  Just his style. 
Michael315Scarn
Michael315Scarn

04.20.2022 | 11:10 PM ET

Post PFL 1 2022

Raush Manfio again proves why he is one of my favorite fighters in the PFL. He is always in a fight, which was demonstrated by his late third round knockout.

Collard vs. Stephens was one of the most memorable fights of the year so far and demonstrated why it was the rightful main event. In my opinion, Collard’s size and reach was a big factor along with his volume of striking. It was always going to be hard to KO Stephens. I was really hoping Stephens could end his losing streak tonight, but 6 points aren’t Impossible for lil’ heathen in his next fight. 

Shoeface, Akhmedov, and Wilkinson are impressed tonight and I believe are the top of the division in the PFL. 

Another great start to the season! I’m really looking forward to this competition since the quality only gets better each year. 
CheckLeftHook
CheckLeftHook

04.20.2022 | 11:11 PM ET

guy has a lot of untreated trauma. didn't he like witness his girlfriend die or something crazy? and he was only like in his early 20s.

"🏴 No Quarter Given 🏴"

Michael315Scarn
Michael315Scarn

04.20.2022 | 11:15 PM ET

Post PFL 1 2022

Alex Martinez improved wrestling might be an important factor moving forward this season. Very big win over a veteran like Stevie Ray will only help his confidence. I’m hoping he becomes the first 🇵🇾 to win PFL. 
Michael315Scarn
Michael315Scarn

04.20.2022 | 11:17 PM ET

Nick Diaz

As a fan, all I can do is hope for the best and support his fights. 
Michael315Scarn
Michael315Scarn

04.21.2022 | 12:19 AM ET

Raush Manfio

fight win streak since joining the PFL last season is very impressive. He makes a good point in the gamble PFL made with placing Stephens in the main event. Also he beat Collard last season. 

* Edited at 04.21.2022, 12:20 AM ET *

Michael315Scarn
Michael315Scarn

04.21.2022 | 12:44 AM ET

OAM

believes he beat his toughest competition tonight in Shulte. 

A future matchup versus Stephens or Madge seems to be the obvious next step. Either would be a great fight. 
Michael315Scarn
Michael315Scarn

04.21.2022 | 2:36 AM ET

Jeremy Stephens

glad to see Stephens spirits high and he looks very motivated after the fight. And he should! He barely lost every round. And again I have to believe he has the capability of getting a KO in his next fight. 
Michael315Scarn
Michael315Scarn

04.22.2022 | 4:35 PM ET

Mokaev vs. Charles Johnson

These types of fights remind me why the UFC is the best. Say what you want about the WWE aspect of the promotion, but they do put on elite quality fights all over each card. 
Michael315Scarn
Michael315Scarn

04.22.2022 | 10:08 PM ET

Bellator 278

I’m so excited to see Julianna Velasquez fight! It feels like it has been too long. And she has a great opponent to test her in Liz Carmouche. Only respect for the former marine! Sick main event.

The two Grand Prix fights should be awesome! Contrary to where Josh Thomson said I expect Barzola to push the pace from the beginning of the fight. 
Michael315Scarn
Michael315Scarn

04.22.2022 | 11:06 PM ET

Bellator 278

“I love the pain.” - Grant Neal vs. Christian Edwards. He grew stronger as the fight went and in the third round he was relentless. 
Michael315Scarn
Michael315Scarn

04.23.2022 | 12:48 AM ET

Bellator 278

What a special night for Liz Carmouche! She deserves the win. Even though Velasquez argued the stoppage, you would have liked to see that energy in trying to get out of the crucifix position. Fighter’s safety is #1 priority for a referee always. 
CheckLeftHook
CheckLeftHook

04.23.2022 | 1:29 AM ET

by like tomorrow afternoon I bet you majority of the people complaining about the stoppage wont even remember that Bellator has a women's 125 division

"🏴 No Quarter Given 🏴"

Michael315Scarn
Michael315Scarn

04.23.2022 | 2:23 AM ET

Bellator Women’s Flyweight World Champion

I’ll still remember. And I’ll still think it’s cool and we’ll deserved that Liz Carmouche won.

I also would like to see a future matchup between Carmouche and DeAnna Bennett. 
Michael315Scarn
Michael315Scarn

04.23.2022 | 5:14 PM ET

Reasons why Mike Beltran made a good stoppage

Technical Knockout (TKO) by:

Referee Stoppage: the referee stops the contest because the combatant IS NOT INTELLIGENTLY DEFENDING HIMSELF/HERSELF;

1. Strikes

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2013/07/ask-the-fight-doc-whens-the-right-time-for-refs-to-stop-fights-due-to-strikes

“Always remember that the referee’s primary responsibility isn’t to make sure the fans have plenty to cheer about; above all else, the referee – at all times – must promote the safety of the fighters.

Difficulty or hesitancy following simple instructions

Staggering and stumbling back to corner

We’ve all seen fights in which a fighter who was allowed to “fight on” after a highly suspicious blow to the head still miraculously comes back to win the fight (think Pat Barry vs. Cheick Kongo). Spectacular, no doubt. But no one has ever said that a concussed fighter cannot come back to win a fight.

Another common misconception is the notion of “recovery time.” Many fans seem to believe if a fighter recovers quickly, the fight shouldn’t be stopped. But I must ask: recovered from what? The concussion that he or she likely sustained? Recovery from a head blow is not part of the proper decision-making process when it comes to fighter safety and potential concussions. The mere fact that a fighter needs to recover from head blows should provoke a stoppage.”

Michael315Scarn
Michael315Scarn

04.25.2022 | 11:45 PM ET

Adam Borics

Adam Borics vs. Aaron Pico is going to be one of the best fights 2022 if it gets booked this year. Mass Burnell vs. Aaron Pico would be just as good. 
rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,490  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

04.26.2022 | 8:26 AM ET

I think the new Pico beats Borics.   Unfortunately, it will probably be by a cautious UD.

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• UFC.com : Karine Silva Is All-Business, All-Action
  • UFC.com : Jonathan Pearce: Knocking On The Door
  • MMA Mania : Coach Benched Dariush To ‘Focus On His Health’
  • UFC.com : Marnic Mann Gets Down To Business
  • Middle Easy : Anthony Smith ‘Shocked’ By How Good Sean Strickland Truly Is: ‘He Only Shows a Small Part of His Game’
  • MMA Junkie : Photos: BKFC: Knucklemania 4 pre-fight press conference
  • MMAFighting.com : Thiago Alves was basically retired until BKFC called for Mike Perry fight: ‘Money talks’
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! UFC Vegas 91 Early Weigh Ins!
  • MMA Junkie : Jose Aldo ready to trade leg kicks with Jonathan Martinez at UFC 301: 'I'm a specalist at what I do'
  • MMAFighting.com : Missed Fists: Fighter cusses out judge, tells them to quit
  • MMA Junkie : UFC champion Sean O'Malley on delay for Merab Dvalishvili title bout: 'I'm not fighting out of the country'
  • MMA Mania : BKFC ‘KnuckleMania 4’ Predictions
  • MMAFighting.com : Anthony Smith stands by Alex Pereira criticism but promises he’s not just ‘talking sh*t’ about him
  • UFC.com : Weigh-In Results | UFC Fight Night: Nicolau vs Perez
  • MMA Mania : Hunt Files To Unseal All Docs In UFC-Lesnar Lawsuit
  • MMA Junkie : Savannah Marshall signed with PFL for Claressa Shields rematch: 'The goal is to make a build-up'
  • MMA Mania : NSAC To Fine Biters, Brawlers And Diego Lopes?!?
  • MMA Mania : NAC To Fine Biters, Brawlers And Diego Lopez?!
  • MMA Junkie : Raw video: Max Holloway's BMF-ness, Conor's first belt and more UFC legendary moments – without commentary
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Amanda Ribas details recent stalker encounter: ‘He was telling people I was his wife’