Tapology Forums

I need a break.

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Sabbath
Sabbath
  • Predictions:  1,885  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  2,498
  • Post Score: 240

01.23.2022 | 5:43 PM ET

WARNING: BORING LIFE STORY
I think I’m done with Tapology for now. These past few months have been fun, but I’m drained from all the negativity surrounding this place, and that’s in-part due to my own actions as well as others. 

Reason I came to this place was so I didn’t feel lonely watching MMA cards anymore. I used to have a group of friends but after Covid **** changed and we distanced from each other. Wasn’t any hostility in it, just circumstances. I found Tapology under a recommendation of a friend because I originally tried Sherdog and…yeah, I’m sorry, Sherdog sucks balls lmao

I have had some fun times here and have talked with some genuinely cool people. Making jokes while Oron Kahlon got the living **** beat of him on the contender series, and guessing Julianna Peña would beat Amanda Nunes as a joke was some of the funniest **** I’ve ever been a spectator for. I’m a pretty big misanthrope honestly, but interacting with some of you has been a blast. 

That being said, the negativity on this website has gotten me pretty drained as of late. Toxicity is pretty common here. And no, not the kind of toxicity where some of you ****post pictures of 9/11, or rant about how much China sucks (that **** is hilarious) I mean the select few of you who act high and mighty about your picks on a fight card, and then when it goes horribly wrong, you either cross your arms in the most defensive ***** manner imaginable, or just pretend that miscalculation of judgement was some form of robbery. At first it was cute, now it’s legitimately ******* annoying. It’s a number dude, get over it, nobody is ever going to go above 70% on their betting percentage, and even those with just 70% or slightly lower usually grind from betting on one-sided regional events where the favorites are quadruple digits in odds. It kinda pisses me off.

One person in particular, said I was ******** for picking a certain underdog. Now, I get it, the analysis that I posted wasn’t the best and that fighter’s odds were pretty low at the time…but sure enough, my bet wins. Did I get an acknowledgment from the guy who said I was a ******? No, nothing. He just stayed silent throughout the rest of the card, then tried to act all goody-goody with me when I started posting different predictions. I’m not gonna call anyone out (I’m sure any vets of this website know most of the ones I’m referring to) but I got so sick of seeing ******** like this that I started adopting this hard-ass persona to “roast” everyone, and as a result came off more or less like an unfunny prick. I have a dark sense of humor, but what you’ve seen the past month or two ain’t who I am. I just want to have civil, interesting discussions about MMA matchups. That’s it. Yet, I feel like I have to be a try-hard to fit in with most of you, and for that, I’m sorry.

Mentally, I’m exhausted. I used to do this for fun but as of recently, my health has depleted due to my workload, I haven’t been able to train at the gym as consistently as I wanted to, and my picks on the site have suffered as a result of my stress. I don’t want to sound like a ***** or nothing, but I wanted to post this cause I don’t know when I’m coming back, and I see a lot of old accounts from years ago where they never gave a reason why they disappeared. They were just…gone. Surprisingly, some of you seem to think I’m still cool or whatever, so I wanted to leave to let you all know I’m leaving to improve myself as a person and focus on more important hobbies. I apologize for any harm I might have to you as a person or in general, even if I genuinely don’t like how you portray yourself online. I’ll see you all again…whenever. 

"My teachings always come with a receipt because I am the profit."

Responses Page 3

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

01.26.2022 | 2:04 AM ET

Speaking of Reddit, one of the mods from R/antiwork went on Fox today. This is how autistic and ******** the moderators on that site are. These are the people moralising to you on that site.

* Edited at 01.26.2022, 2:04 AM ET *

PilloryChoke
PilloryChoke
  • Predictions:  32,109  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,973
  • Post Score: 195

01.26.2022 | 3:31 AM ET

You use terms like "autistic" and "********" too casually. Especially for someone who thought Trump won the election.

"When Conor fought Cowboy, he looked like a lion. When he fights stronger opponents, he looks like a scared chicken." - Khabib

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

01.26.2022 | 3:34 AM ET

Thinks.
Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

01.26.2022 | 3:46 AM ET

They moderate for free, you know.

No reddit mod gets paid a cent.

I cannot even imagine how much of a loser you'd need to be to do that.
Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,565
  • Post Score: 275

01.26.2022 | 7:30 AM ET

As for what sites Baldric hangs out on, I assume it's pretty much patriots.win a little bit of 4chan.  Since most of the images he embeds into his forum posts are hosted on those sites.

"I live, I die, I live again."

Casual008
Casual008
  • Predictions:  4,594  |  67.2%
  • Forum Posts:  2,866
  • Post Score: 259

01.26.2022 | 11:27 AM ET

@Stephen Terry It's not just fighters who are like that, the NFL has a big problem with a percentage of it's roster not being vaccinated. Some have even gone so far as to fake vax certificates. I can't find the article but I remember reading one that said the more time a individual spends trying to increase their athleticism or physical health the higher the likely hood of COVID skepticism.

"They're sorcerers they don't get knocked out"

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

01.26.2022 | 2:19 PM ET

@Greg mostly just patriots.win, I use the curated version of 4chan that is the Reddit 4chan sub. Unfiltered 4chan is too much for me these days.  You do get a dose of the lunatic fringe on .win with a healthy spattering of bible thumpers but at least there are no pictures of dead people and every second post isn't about how Jews are plotting to take over the world and eat everyone's babies.

* Edited at 01.26.2022, 2:37 PM ET *

Page 3

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Daniel Cormier: Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson will be fun as long as it lasts, but 'Father Time is undefeated'
  • Middle Easy : Joe Rogan Reacts To ‘Savage Mode’ Mike Tyson: ‘If I Was Jake Paul, I’d Be Sh*tting My Pants’
  • MMA Junkie : Michel Pereira, Roman Dolidze give conflicting perspectives on potential UFC booking
  • MMA Mania : Olympic Medalist, Knockout Machine, Future Champion?
  • Middle Easy : Demetrious Johnson Reveals Earnings From UFC Video Games, How Fighters Get Paid
  • MMA Junkie : Ben Askren: Jon Jones would probably need two and a half minutes to finish Alex Pereira
  • UFC.com : Veronica Hardy Embraces Living In The Moment
  • MMA Mania : How To Buy Tickets For Paul Vs Tyson
  • Bad Left Hook : Betting Preview: Lomachenko vs Kambosos and more
  • MMAFighting.com : Demetrious Johnson reveals how much money he’s made from EA UFC games
  • MMA Junkie : Urijah Faber: Merab Dvalishvili is a bad matchup, but 'Sean O'Malley's grappling is really good'
  • Bad Left Hook : Rafael Espinoza vs Sergio Chirino official for June 21
  • MMA Junkie : Upkick alert! Canadian prospect Jayden Martin cracks opponent in jaw for TKO
  • MMAFighting.com : Michel Pereira explains why he won’t fight Roman Dolidze at UFC Louisville
  • Bad Left Hook : Alimkhanuly vs Mikhailovich targeted for July 13 in Las Vegas
  • MMA Mania : Pereira Claims He’s NOT Fighting Dolidze At UFC Louisville
  • MMA Junkie : 'Is Jon Jones that same guy?': Daniel Cormier says heavyweight champion's form untested in divisional debut
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC owners: Antitrust settlement ended without ‘any further changes to UFC’s existing business operations’
  • Middle Easy : Michael Chandler Vows to Retire Conor McGregor at UFC 303, Explains Viral Pic with Machine Gun Kelly
  • MMA Junkie : FedEx reportedly fires worker chucking boxes in viral video from UFC CEO Dana White