Tapology Forums

I need a break.

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Sabbath
Sabbath
  • Predictions:  1,868  |  63.7%
  • Forum Posts:  2,437
  • Post Score: 239

01.23.2022 | 5:43 PM ET

WARNING: BORING LIFE STORY
I think I’m done with Tapology for now. These past few months have been fun, but I’m drained from all the negativity surrounding this place, and that’s in-part due to my own actions as well as others. 

Reason I came to this place was so I didn’t feel lonely watching MMA cards anymore. I used to have a group of friends but after Covid **** changed and we distanced from each other. Wasn’t any hostility in it, just circumstances. I found Tapology under a recommendation of a friend because I originally tried Sherdog and…yeah, I’m sorry, Sherdog sucks balls lmao

I have had some fun times here and have talked with some genuinely cool people. Making jokes while Oron Kahlon got the living **** beat of him on the contender series, and guessing Julianna Peña would beat Amanda Nunes as a joke was some of the funniest **** I’ve ever been a spectator for. I’m a pretty big misanthrope honestly, but interacting with some of you has been a blast. 

That being said, the negativity on this website has gotten me pretty drained as of late. Toxicity is pretty common here. And no, not the kind of toxicity where some of you ****post pictures of 9/11, or rant about how much China sucks (that **** is hilarious) I mean the select few of you who act high and mighty about your picks on a fight card, and then when it goes horribly wrong, you either cross your arms in the most defensive ***** manner imaginable, or just pretend that miscalculation of judgement was some form of robbery. At first it was cute, now it’s legitimately ******* annoying. It’s a number dude, get over it, nobody is ever going to go above 70% on their betting percentage, and even those with just 70% or slightly lower usually grind from betting on one-sided regional events where the favorites are quadruple digits in odds. It kinda pisses me off.

One person in particular, said I was ******** for picking a certain underdog. Now, I get it, the analysis that I posted wasn’t the best and that fighter’s odds were pretty low at the time…but sure enough, my bet wins. Did I get an acknowledgment from the guy who said I was a ******? No, nothing. He just stayed silent throughout the rest of the card, then tried to act all goody-goody with me when I started posting different predictions. I’m not gonna call anyone out (I’m sure any vets of this website know most of the ones I’m referring to) but I got so sick of seeing ******** like this that I started adopting this hard-ass persona to “roast” everyone, and as a result came off more or less like an unfunny prick. I have a dark sense of humor, but what you’ve seen the past month or two ain’t who I am. I just want to have civil, interesting discussions about MMA matchups. That’s it. Yet, I feel like I have to be a try-hard to fit in with most of you, and for that, I’m sorry.

Mentally, I’m exhausted. I used to do this for fun but as of recently, my health has depleted due to my workload, I haven’t been able to train at the gym as consistently as I wanted to, and my picks on the site have suffered as a result of my stress. I don’t want to sound like a ***** or nothing, but I wanted to post this cause I don’t know when I’m coming back, and I see a lot of old accounts from years ago where they never gave a reason why they disappeared. They were just…gone. Surprisingly, some of you seem to think I’m still cool or whatever, so I wanted to leave to let you all know I’m leaving to improve myself as a person and focus on more important hobbies. I apologize for any harm I might have to you as a person or in general, even if I genuinely don’t like how you portray yourself online. I’ll see you all again…whenever. 
This user is suspended from posting until 9 years, 2 months, 2 weeks, 2 days, 2 hours, and 50 minutes from now.

Responses

Fremen
Fremen
  • Predictions:  1,368  |  64.5%
  • Forum Posts:  3,579
  • Post Score: 218

01.23.2022 | 6:09 PM ET

Don't take internet too serious and focus on your life.

That's piece of advice I should actually tell myself as well, I guess many people should reflect on that. 

But like seriously, I kinda feel you. Someone should create a group here for non-toxic people that like to breakdown fights and their posts are more meaningful (ofcourse I shouldn't be included, but that's what this forum needs atm)

Good luck

* Edited at 01.23.2022, 6:15 PM ET *

"****."

Fremen
Fremen

01.23.2022 | 6:10 PM ET

MMA is addicting, but you shouldn't get addicted to a forum with random people. Just like ayyylmaonnaise does. 

"****."

Fremen
Fremen

01.23.2022 | 6:14 PM ET

and pick percentage on some mma forum shouldn't be prioritised and mixed in a sentence with a mental health, if that what is affecting you, you should for sure rethink the fact this forum should not be one of your main things to do and place to be in

"****."

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

01.23.2022 | 6:16 PM ET

It's all fair criticism.  Most of the members here will basically just outright never admit to having made a ****** pick but will blame the judges, the lighting, the pregnant cat down the street and anything else in the world other than the fact their analysis sucked when breaking down any given fight.

There are far too many people on this site who have tethered their pick percentages to their egos. Half the reason I meme people here/call them ******** is because I know it drives them genuinely insane. It's nice to be right, but I mean...nobody should care that much. I will tell people they're ******** for making a failed pick, but I'm equally willing to admit my own latent ******ation for having made one.

Personally, I think it's symptomatic of people becoming increasingly narcissistic over time. The behavioural trends I observe on Tapology are essentially the same as I see on reddit/facebookl/everywhere else. The forum itself hasn't changed. The members have. They have all been told since he jump that they have value and merit without having earned it, and thus the idiot sociopathic marching moron generations have been unleashed unto the world. 

I do agree with you in spirit overall. Tapology in 2022 is largely a waste of time and I find myself increasingly disinterested in writing quality breakdowns/ humorous posts because nothing about this place inspires me to do that.

Perhaps it's time I left too.

* Edited at 01.23.2022, 6:18 PM ET *

Fremen
Fremen

01.23.2022 | 6:38 PM ET

Very accurate point about narcissism Baldric, everyone focus on themselves, tapology is just a small foretaste of it. Social media got us so focused on numbers and popularity, the obsession about it is sick, most of the times someone compliments you, for example your profile picture, it is either to get your attention, attention of those reading the comments etc. Very easy to see when some girl puts her pic on socials and then like 20 others comment with fake words and emotions of how "cute" she is, while most of them are salty. Only people that care about anything of you are family and real real friends

Moral of the story, no one gives a **** either you have 50 or 90 pick percentage, they know you only from your nick, why would they care. 

"****."

loudenSwain
loudenSwain
  • Predictions:  15,071  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,313
  • Post Score: 283

01.23.2022 | 6:41 PM ET

Enjoy the break. Welcome back when you get back. As the most level headed poster left on the forum, I wish you luck in all future endeavors.  Don’t listen  to those not taking the interweb seriously enough. This is fantasy fighting. This is bigger than anything. Fantasy fighting > real life

* Edited at 01.23.2022, 6:42 PM ET *

"This is Prize-Fighting, IDGAF about your family or your problems - MassaBruce"

Xconchris
Xconchris
  • Predictions:  6,149  |  67.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,142
  • Post Score: 333

01.23.2022 | 7:15 PM ET

Eh this place is not special. Literally everything you said can be found on Facebook, twitter, reddit, MMA underground, and every forum and inch of space on the internet.

Every place on the internet you can speak to another human being you will have the exact same results as this place.

Forums are like restaurant employees. You come back after a year expecting everyone to be there. Only a few people remain the rest move on. So forums take huge changes all the time.

So my point is don't get frustrated, it's not greener anywhere else. Also we're all gonna be dead soon as life is very short. Just enjoy yourself.

"Dont take life too serious, you will never make it out alive."

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

01.23.2022 | 7:48 PM ET

It used to be a lot better. One thing that really sucks is that Greg has seemingly checked out. He never engages with anyone during live chat anymore, which he used to do. He used to be excited about possible upgrades and feature extensions to the site, and now he doesn't appear to care. Maybe he has lost interest in the whole thing and is just going through the motions, collecting dividends. 

If Tapology was a restaurant it would be about 3 years away from ending up on Gordon Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares. 

* Edited at 01.23.2022, 7:48 PM ET *

loudenSwain
loudenSwain

01.23.2022 | 7:56 PM ET

So we’re all in agreement I’m the most level headed poster is what I’m taking outta this thread. 

* Edited at 01.23.2022, 8:31 PM ET *

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry
  • Predictions:  41,304  |  69.2%
  • Forum Posts:  7,311
  • Post Score: 285

01.23.2022 | 8:24 PM ET

Well, my approach to the site is simply come here, make picks and just interact with the other members how I would in real life. Sometimes my picks are great and sometimes they're terrible, that's just the way it goes sometimes and I don't care either way as long as the fights are good. Enjoy your break and I hope to see you back here again at some point! Lord knows I'll still be hanging around here in however many years that is lol!

"I wish you good luck but I don't want you to rely on luck"

loudenSwain
loudenSwain

01.23.2022 | 8:39 PM ET

I made my account in 2011 from over a year of a guy, @morbid’s, recruiting me. He was a teammate in other site’s fantasy league for a few years before that. I’ve broke down lots of combats sports, football and hockey with him. Great frenemy  (him Ny/me-Philly). Ironically I never made my first post or picks until three years later  This was after he retired from the mma-interverse, mostly due to frustration derived from scoring, judging and reffing woes. 

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

01.23.2022 | 8:42 PM ET

@Swain I pity everybody who wasn't here for the reign of Bruce. We shall never see his like again.
Cheeseball
Cheeseball
  • Predictions:  13,293  |  71.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,944
  • Post Score: 247

01.23.2022 | 8:42 PM ET

Goodbye my parasocial semi acquaintance. I'll never forget how you called Impa Kasanganay getting knocked out or Ok Rae Yoon upsetting Christian Lee. Enjoy your break.

"🌽⚽️"

loudenSwain
loudenSwain

01.23.2022 | 8:51 PM ET

I was thinking of MassaBruce. NCAA wrestling has been spectacular this year. PSU vs Iowa next week. I really love this true freshman at 125, Drake Ayala, replacing the injured already multiple time National champ, Spencer Lee. There’s so much talent after Covid and Olympic breaks people took. Suriano in Michigan now..crazy fun year IMO. 

He was his own guy. He could really offend and say some terrible ****. He was his own self and I respected that along with his knowledge in certain areas. Wonder what that dudes doing. Hope he’s okay and finds some calm and peace and all that kinda hippie dippy bologna. 

* Edited at 01.23.2022, 9:06 PM ET *

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

01.23.2022 | 9:20 PM ET

I was getting emails from him up until about 8 months ago. He seemed to be doing OK. He was just watching MMA with one of his uncles back then and wasn't on any forums.

* Edited at 01.23.2022, 9:20 PM ET *

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,766  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,544
  • Post Score: 262

01.24.2022 | 12:20 AM ET

@adrndc11

I think the sudden rise of Tapology action is just AyyMayonise talking to himself, And not just a lot of new user, He have 3600+ post and he been on Tapology for like a 1-2 months, While I'm about to hit 3400 and I been on the forum for 3-4 year actilvly, And tried to take a break for a month an couldn't, And he still had more post then me, 

I honesly think he does 50 post a day, Im at 2.7 a day, and honesly It be a pain in the ass  to scroll throgh his 100s of post to read people breakdowns of the fights

* Edited at 01.24.2022, 12:23 AM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

Joshjeffords
Joshjeffords
  • Predictions:  4,263  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  6,258
  • Post Score: 136

01.24.2022 | 12:24 AM ET

Peace out bruh

I tend to enjoy reading your rants and jokes.

"“I took no damage,” Hill said. “Most of the fall was me falling down"

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

01.24.2022 | 2:11 PM ET

The only time I don't feel like making picks is when I lose a bet but I think im done gambling for a while.... All the old crew on here wanted to me to quit the Tapology forum and always downvoted me cause I used to write dumb wacky **** (I think) and annoy people, but im here for the picks!..... Miss those times

* Edited at 01.24.2022, 2:16 PM ET *

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

Bronco
Bronco
  • Predictions:  2,140  |  58.9%
  • Forum Posts:  154
  • Post Score: 360

01.25.2022 | 12:49 PM ET

Bye Man. I enjoyed all of your Breakdowns

"If you follow me, I will follow you"

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,561
  • Post Score: 275

01.25.2022 | 3:51 PM ET

As always, Baldric has a knack for saying something so annoying to me that I feel the need to respond.

It's true that I don't post in the UFC event threads as much, but that's for my own reasons as far as how much time I specifically have available on fight nights.

As far as Tapology more generally, it has never been larger and had more traffic and usage than it does right now. 2021 was way bigger than 2020. 2020 was way bigger than 2019, etc.  But the forum is not the biggest part of the website. The FightCenter is the single biggest part of the platform in terms of traffic, and running it is very complex.

A lot of the features and updates made to the website are ones you'd never notice. E.g. tools and systems that make it easier for our team of 35 editors to post and keep track of all the data. And you wouldn't believe the volume of requests we get from fighters, coaches, managers, promoters, etc to make updates or corrections, many of which we have to first research and validate. I spend more hours on Tapology than probably ever before. Hopefully this year we finally release some features that are more noticeable as "new" features to everyday users. But even if that doesn't happen, a lot of work is going into the website.

Sorry to hear that Sabbath is feeling drained and exhausted. I hope he takes the steps he needs to get himself to a good place, whether that includes Tapology or doesn't. As for everyone else I hope you enjoy using the forums, but I know there is negativity. Some of that could probably be helped/addressed by new features to guide the discussion in a positive direction. And some of that is probably just unavoidable because so many people in the world are just frustrated and sick of this pandemic.

"I live, I die, I live again."

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Tatiana Suarez campaigns for title shot vs. Zhang Weili at UFC 306: 'I get a submission 100 percent'
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 302: Makhachev vs. Poirier adds key prospect bout
  • UFC.com : Gabriel Benitez: Still flying the flag
  • MMA Mania : A Special Message For Chinless Scumbags
  • UFC.com : Rhythm Is Gonna Get You: Why Timing Is Everything For Matheus Nicolau
  • MMA Junkie : Tatsuro Taira fills UFC 302 opening, fights Joshua Van
  • MMAFighting.com : Ronda Rousey blasts Joe Rogan, MMA media for turning on her: ‘They’re a bunch of assh*les’
  • Jits Magazine : BJJ Stars 12 Full Preview
  • MMA Junkie : Mike Malott books UFC return after upset loss to Neil Magny
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch BTL live now
  • MMAFighting.com : Donald Cerrone reveals nasty injury preparing to ride Dana White’s Twisted Steel
  • MMA Mania : Once More, With Kicking
  • Bad Left Hook : Adrien Broner vs Blair Cobbs official for June 7, WBC title fight on undercard
  • MMA Junkie : Michael Bisping says he's down for Luke Rockhold trilogy fight – with a condition
  • Middle Easy : Anthony Smith Pitches For Alex Pereira Fight, Says He ‘Would Really Step In The Fire’ With ‘Poatan’
  • Middle Easy : Khabib Nurmagomedov Threatened to ‘Rip Up’ UFC Contract to Get His Friend a Fight
  • MMA Mania : What’s The Holdup?
  • MMAFighting.com : Michael Bisping would ‘100 percent’ have trilogy fight with Luke Rockhold in Karate Combat
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55's Bogdan Guskov still down for Anthony Smith fight despite 'friendly sparring'
  • Middle Easy : Jose Aldo Discusses UFC 301 Return And Boxing Match With Floyd Mayweather, Backs Conor McGregor To Finish Michael Chandler