Topic: Jon Jones

Jon Jones twitter message to Lyoto Machida

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,422  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,488
  • Post Score: 203

12.13.2011 | 3:13 PM ET

“Lyoto, they don’t make men like you, champions. You’re a true warrior and a champion in life. It was an honor to be on the same cage as you.”

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

Jon "Bones" Jones

Fighter Details

• Given Name: Jonathan Dwight Jones
  • Pro MMA Record: 27-1-0, 1 NC (Win-Loss-Draw)
  • Nickname: Bones
  • Current Streak: 18 Wins
  • Last Fight: March 04, 2023 in UFC
  • Weight Class: Heavyweight | Last Weigh-In: 248.0 lbs
  • Affiliation: Jackson Wink MMA
  • Height: 6'4" (194cm) | Reach: 84.5" (215cm)
  • Career Disclosed Earnings: $4,568,000 USD
  • Born: Rochester, New York, United States
  • Fighting out of: Albuquerque, New Mexico
  • Head Coach: Greg Jackson
  • Other Coaches: N/A
  • Fighter Links:
  • Personal Links:

Responses Page 4

xbassistdoodx
xbassistdoodx
  • Predictions:  2,546  |  56.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,218
  • Post Score: 104

12.13.2011 | 7:40 PM ET

Actually just posted about that in a different thread.

"If I have seen further than others, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants" - Isaac Newton

zarog
zarog
  • Predictions:  2,855  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  4,174
  • Post Score: 241

Alright. I was gonna post, and then I realized its pointless. So, in the immortal words of the great philosopher Urijah Faber "Let's get some boobs out here." 

"Surrender??!! You think this letter on my head stands for France?" - Captain America

Yaspaa
Yaspaa
  • Predictions:  173  |  73.4%
  • Forum Posts:  1,422
  • Post Score: 151

Who cares if Jones is a cool guy or an ass? He's a huge diamond in the UFC, exactly what the sport needs, he sets the bar way higher, kids coming through have that bar to reach and will only become better fighters for it. Jones is awesome for MMA.

"I Get Better."

xbassistdoodx
xbassistdoodx

12.13.2011 | 7:44 PM ET

As the late, great Colonel Sanders once said,

"I'm to drunk to taste this chicken."

"If I have seen further than others, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants" - Isaac Newton

Hybrid
Hybrid
  • Predictions:  158  |  57.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1,437
  • Post Score: 236

12.13.2011 | 7:46 PM ET

@Yaspaa well.....maybe? It's really hard to tell. Setting the bar higher doesn't necessarily mean that new entrants would be any better. It's really really hard to find a guy with the natural talents that Jones possesses. He has come in and shaken the division up, but if he becomes the nigh untouchable champion that roflstomps everybody, it'll just stagnate the division like it has in the middleweights (lesser so in the WWs because the number one contendership is just THAT competitive). 

Most guys won't care if he roflstomps people because they appreciate that. There are, however, a contingent of fans out there who don't like seeing people fight those completely out of their league. Those fans may stop caring about the sport in general if too many champions get in the position that AS is in, and Jones is looking like he will.

* Edited at 12.13.2011, 7:47 PM ET *

"History boils down to a few really awesome people doing really awesome stuff, and a bunch of idiots messing it up for everyone else."

Mortis
Mortis
  • Predictions:  1,989  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  1,263
  • Post Score: 246

12.13.2011 | 7:55 PM ET

I love how everybody loved Jon Jones in March when him, Jackson, and Winklejohn took down a mugger.

But now, because Rampage said he was fake and has shown some confidence and is beating the competition, people are all over him, criticizing his every move. He tweets one nice thing about his opponent, and he's still getting criticized for it. Really?

Funny how things happen.

"I would drink Lyoto Machida's urine." --- Forrest Griffin

xbassistdoodx
xbassistdoodx

12.13.2011 | 7:57 PM ET

I have an easy fix for that problem @Hybrid,

Anderson should lose.

* Edited at 12.13.2011, 7:57 PM ET *

Hybrid
Hybrid
  • Predictions:  158  |  57.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1,437
  • Post Score: 236

12.13.2011 | 7:58 PM ET

@bassist Ok, so should Jon and George. Boom. 

"History boils down to a few really awesome people doing really awesome stuff, and a bunch of idiots messing it up for everyone else."

xbassistdoodx
xbassistdoodx

12.13.2011 | 7:59 PM ET

No, just Silva.

Georges has already lost in the UFC, as has Jones.

Silva's turn.

minotauro11
minotauro11
  • Predictions:  2,483  |  66.5%
  • Forum Posts:  4,493
  • Post Score: 148

12.13.2011 | 9:15 PM ET

@mortis he still got a ton of hate back then too. In fact a lot of people were claiming the whole mugging thing was fake in order to get him publicity. Some guy on the UG really delved into it and did a lot of research about police reports and stuff. I don't remember the conclusion. (I'm not really going to buy into that whole conspiracy theory). 

The hate for him has grown and spread to this site (for people other than myself, I haven't been of a fan of his for quite some time) as his personality he has become a bigger name and people have seen more of him. 

"We Are All One"

blitzkrieg
blitzkrieg
  • Predictions:  4,528  |  61.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1,449
  • Post Score: 285

12.13.2011 | 9:30 PM ET

even if he meant it, he probably would've been better off not tweeting it.

On the other hand, being a victim of such hate may might make him a martyr and could win him a few fans on the long term, I know I'm starting to dislike him less.

"@AndySalasMMA"

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

12.13.2011 | 9:35 PM ET

the fans love tim tebow but the supposed nfl expert analysts dislike him (not all but the majority of them) JBJ has the opposite problems. the so called experts love him but alot of the fans dislike him for bogus reasons. i have liked JBJ ever since he beat bonnar and knew he was something special. just like i knew tebow was special at the florida gators helping them win the first NCG and then leading them to a second BCS National Championship Game.
Mortis
Mortis
  • Predictions:  1,989  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  1,263
  • Post Score: 246

12.13.2011 | 10:49 PM ET

I guess I just don't understand the hate for him. I'm not a huge Bones nuthugger or anything, but just don't understand why so many people dislike him.

"I would drink Lyoto Machida's urine." --- Forrest Griffin

CANARY
CANARY
  • Predictions:  2,734  |  55.1%
  • Forum Posts:  55
  • Post Score: 82

12.13.2011 | 11:03 PM ET

"BONES" Jones got my respect after his disqalification loss to Hamil. I was expecting him to ***** and complain about the disqualification with Joe Rogan during his interview after the fight but he actually took it in a very humble way and chose to just accept it and move on.

* Edited at 12.13.2011, 11:15 PM ET *

"LIVE TO FIGHT ANOTHER DAY"

MQuestionable
MQuestionable
  • Predictions:  7,456  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,603
  • Post Score: 284

12.14.2011 | 2:59 AM ET

@Wolf I like Jones because I'm an expert
MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,422  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,488
  • Post Score: 203

12.14.2011 | 7:06 AM ET

I dont hate Jones. I just cant stand him .... Its been like that ever since he beat Bonnar.

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

Page 4

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : Beatriz ‘Bia’ Mesquita Set For MMA Debut At Spaten Fight Night
  • MMA Mania : Brooke Drops VanZant, Fight Ends In Split Draw
  • Bad Left Hook : Mbilli destroys Heffron in 40 seconds, sets up August fight with Derevyanchenko
  • MMA Junkie : MF & DAZN: X Series 15 results: Paige VanZant knocked down early by Elle Brooke, rallies for split draw
  • MMAFighting.com : Paige VanZant suffers brutal knockdown but comes back for split draw with Elle Brooke
  • Middle Easy : Paige VanZant vs. Elle Brooke Ruled a Split Draw, Rematch Already in the Works – MF & DAZN: X Series 15 Results (Highlights)
  • MMAFighting.com : Paige VanZant vs. Elle Brooke full fight video highlights
  • MMAFighting.com : Misfits Boxing 15 live blog: Elle Brooke vs. Paige VanZant
  • MMAFighting.com : Le’Veon Bell survives early scare, punishes Tristan Hamm to win unanimous decision at Misfits Boxing 15
  • MMA Junkie : Jack Catterall avenges disputed loss to Josh Taylor; Bob Arum calls scoring 'a disgrace'
  • MMA Mania : Khabib: Makhachev Finishes Poirier In Under Three Rounds
  • MMAFighting.com : Video: Logan Paul hits insane frog splash through announce table but loses match to Cody Rhodes
  • MMAFighting.com : Video: Bob Arum erupts after Jack Catterall beats Josh Taylor in rematch: ‘Those scorecards were a disgrace’
  • MMA Junkie : Jamahal Hill vs. Carlos Ulberg: Odds and what to know ahead of UFC 303 co-main event
  • MMA Mania : Marshall Talks ‘Hard’ Transition To MMA
  • Bad Left Hook : Jack Catterall digs deep, beats Josh Taylor in grueling rematch
  • Bad Left Hook : Catterall digs deep, beats Taylor in grueling rematch
  • Bad Left Hook : Taylor vs Catterall 2: Live updates and results
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 302 video: Coach Sayif Saud's in-depth breakdown of Islam Makhachev vs. Dustin Poirier
  • MMA Junkie : Belal Muhammad fueled to become first Palestinian UFC champion: 'Nobody is going to be able erase that'