Topic: Jon Jones

Jon Jones twitter message to Lyoto Machida

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,461  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,488
  • Post Score: 203

12.13.2011 | 3:13 PM ET

“Lyoto, they don’t make men like you, champions. You’re a true warrior and a champion in life. It was an honor to be on the same cage as you.”

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

Jon "Bones" Jones

Fighter Details

• Given Name: Jonathan Dwight Jones
  • Pro MMA Record: 27-1-0, 1 NC (Win-Loss-Draw)
  • Nickname: Bones
  • Current Streak: 18 Wins
  • Last Fight: March 04, 2023 in UFC
  • Weight Class: Heavyweight | Last Weigh-In: 248.0 lbs
  • Affiliation: Jackson Wink MMA
  • Height: 6'4" (194cm) | Reach: 84.5" (215cm)
  • Career Disclosed Earnings: $4,568,000 USD
  • Born: Rochester, New York, United States
  • Fighting out of: Albuquerque, New Mexico
  • Head Coach: Greg Jackson
  • Other Coaches: N/A
  • Fighter Links:
  • Personal Links:

Responses Page 3

minotauro11
minotauro11
  • Predictions:  2,483  |  66.5%
  • Forum Posts:  4,493
  • Post Score: 148

12.13.2011 | 7:20 PM ET

Go watch any of his interviews. Go watch and see the difference between his interviews when he first started in the UFC and the interviews he does now. He has completely changed, for the worse.Plus the way he faked sincerity and "checked on Machida". I guess that says more about Jackson than him, but it's still pretty bad. The guy is very, very ****y. I'll never take away from his skills as a fighter, he's damn good, but his personality is downright terrible. 

"We Are All One"

xbassistdoodx
xbassistdoodx
  • Predictions:  2,546  |  56.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,218
  • Post Score: 104

12.13.2011 | 7:21 PM ET

Because as far as everybody who had seen him fight knew, he was going to walk out of that cage as the champion.

"If I have seen further than others, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants" - Isaac Newton

Hybrid
Hybrid
  • Predictions:  158  |  57.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1,437
  • Post Score: 236

12.13.2011 | 7:22 PM ET

@bassist So....what you meant to say was "I will throw out any valid evidence because I like him, and nothing you say can change my mind". We don't care if you like him or not, but don't bother asking for evidence of his ****iness if you aren't going to listen to the valid evidence provided.

"History boils down to a few really awesome people doing really awesome stuff, and a bunch of idiots messing it up for everyone else."

xbassistdoodx
xbassistdoodx

12.13.2011 | 7:24 PM ET

I listened.

But why is it that when evidence is shown in the favor of Jones being a genuinely good man,

people are also so quick to throw it out?

Funny how you act when the tables are turned.

"If I have seen further than others, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants" - Isaac Newton

jaffacakehero
jaffacakehero
  • Predictions:  5,066  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  5,396
  • Post Score: 240

12.13.2011 | 7:25 PM ET

@bassist you seemed to just completely ignore my point that jones refused to sign any of his fans replica belts.........care to explain that one?

"If you're matched up against me, you better be prepared to give your life...because I am prepared to take it. - Conor McGregor"

minotauro11
minotauro11

12.13.2011 | 7:25 PM ET

There is no point in arguing with this guy. Just look at his sig to see how rational he is. 

"We Are All One"

Russello
Russello
  • Predictions:  6,288  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  2,839
  • Post Score: 279

12.13.2011 | 7:26 PM ET

@Bassist, if you could muster up this evidence before fabricating Im sure wed look at it :\.

"In the quiet words of the virgin Mary.. come again?"

jaffacakehero
jaffacakehero

12.13.2011 | 7:27 PM ET

@mino im surprised your so calm considering what his av is...........it pisses me off and you love Big Nog way more than i do! ha

"If you're matched up against me, you better be prepared to give your life...because I am prepared to take it. - Conor McGregor"

Hybrid
Hybrid

The 'evidence' in question is of a tweet he made to Machida. Tweets are always premeditated. The tweet wouldn't be in question as much if it weren't for the fiasco with Jackson telling him to 'go get some fans'. When all of the previous evidence is of him being disrespectful to his opponents, and we have the Jackson thing, it's really hard to take this as actual proof of his humbleness. It's not the same thing at all.

"History boils down to a few really awesome people doing really awesome stuff, and a bunch of idiots messing it up for everyone else."

xbassistdoodx
xbassistdoodx

To be honest I had accidently forgotten to reply to that part,

but here is my retort:

Jon Jones is the Champion. And if he declined the signing of a belt, it is his choice. Although I don't agree with it.

But the man did apologize for it.

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,577
  • Post Score: 275

12.13.2011 | 7:29 PM ET

"refusing to sign his fans plastic replica belts"

jones already addressed this as a joke.  nobody in attendance complained or mentioned this.  jones was the one who made it up afterwards.   except you guys all latch on to this as some evil arrogant plot when it's literally nothing.

"calling himself the champ in autographs before his fight with shogun"

1) who cares.  2) you've already distorted the facts. all he was doing was hyping himself up and trying to believe and visualize that he would win.  3) where's the hate for chael sonnen who repeatedly says this.

"I live, I die, I live again."

Hybrid
Hybrid

12.13.2011 | 7:30 PM ET

@bassist Yes, he apologized. He apologized because half of what he says is damage control (presumably at the behest of Jackson). This is the problem. If he would just admit he's ****y, people wouldn't care. Being ****y and then apologizing for it is just pretentious. 

Hybrid
Hybrid

12.13.2011 | 7:31 PM ET

@Gregory First off, Chael IS an ass, and most people don't like him. Second, all of his stuff is an act, because he likes money and wants to get people to pay attention to him.

xbassistdoodx
xbassistdoodx

12.13.2011 | 7:32 PM ET

He did say it was a joke, and I remember that.

But I'm sure the haters will dismiss this as "damage control" as well...

=/

And he seems very genuine to me.

He's a fighter, not the president of the United States.

Russello
Russello
  • Predictions:  6,288  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  2,839
  • Post Score: 279

12.13.2011 | 7:33 PM ET

@Gregory, I also hate Chael? LOL. I dislike them both. At least Chael isnt as bland as oatmeal.

"In the quiet words of the virgin Mary.. come again?"

minotauro11
minotauro11

12.13.2011 | 7:34 PM ET

@jaffa I just try to take him for what he is. The avatar does...upset me, to say the least, but if greg sees nothing wrong with it then it stays and I roll with it.

@greg I think Chael's stuff is obviously an act. Plus it's hilarious so he gets away with it. Plus he has as many if not more haters than Jones.

"We Are All One"

Hybrid
Hybrid

12.13.2011 | 7:34 PM ET

Once again, people immediately labeling everyone who dislikes another a 'hater'. Look, if he seems genuine to you, that's fine. Other people perceive him differently. No point in getting aggressive either way.

xbassistdoodx
xbassistdoodx

12.13.2011 | 7:36 PM ET

The fact that people even have the discussion about Jones shows more about how popular he is than anything.

We all know that people will hate him, despite the way he acts from now on. But they will continue to watch him fight.

Everyone will.

But I suppose the people who have to watch their flavor of the month fighter lose to Jones every time have to have something to hang on to when their fighter falls limp to the canvas.

jaffacakehero
jaffacakehero

12.13.2011 | 7:38 PM ET

@bassist so why didnt you do the av bet bro? they weren't that bad....! 

Hybrid
Hybrid

12.13.2011 | 7:39 PM ET

@bassist He's certainly popular, and he's always on peoples' radars.

I'll watch him as long as he's entertaining and in fights that he COULD lose. If he gets to the point where nobody has even a modicum of a chance against him, it won't be interesting for me anymore. So, won't watch him then. 

Nobody denies the man's skills (they shouldn't, at least). And yes, some people will hate him no matter what he does, because some people just rub others the wrong way. Just how it is. 

Page 3

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Topuria Thanks Topuria For Being So Great
  • MMA Junkie : Unfortunate circumstances: 15 unforeseen injuries that ended UFC main events
  • MMA Mania : ‘War Room’ Leak Reveals UFC 305 Line-Up
  • MMA Junkie : Diego Lopes: UFC 303 fight vs. Brian Ortega 'could define who's got best jiu-jitsu' at featherweight
  • MMA Junkie : Liz Carmouche knew finishing Kana Watanabe had to happen to ensure PFL playoff spot
  • MMAFighting.com : New UFC 303 poster released featuring short-notice headliners Alex Pereira, Jiri Prochazka
  • MMA Junkie : Lucas Almeida attributes UFC on ESPN 58 win to mental work: 'There was nothing to fear'
  • MMA Junkie : MMA community reacts to Father's Day, celebrates on social media
  • MMA Mania : ‘MVP’ Wants Usman After Wrecking Garry At UFC 303
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch new UFC 303 promo headlined by Alex Pereira vs. Jiri Prochazka rematch
  • MMA Junkie : Mick Maynard's Shoes: What's next for Tatsuro Taira after UFC on ESPN 58 win?
  • MMA Junkie : Miles Johns: UFC Apex main event vs. Ricky Simon 'would be kind of cool'
  • Middle Easy : Robert Whittaker Says Ikram Aliskerov Is ‘Different Threat’, Eyes Title Rematch With Dricus Du Plessis
  • MMA Junkie : Linton Vassell might get over playoff miss if PFL booked him vs. Ryan Bader
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch Cris Cyborg destroy another opponent with brutal boxing knockout at Crypto Fight Night
  • MMA Mania : Mayweather Releases Infamous ‘Tank’ Vs. Haney Doghouse Session
  • MMA Junkie : Rose Namajunas' history with UFC Denver foe Maycee Barber includes 'uncalled for' moment with father
  • MMAFighting.com : Anderson Silva says knockouts weren’t allowed in Chael Sonnen boxing exhibition
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 58 post-event facts: Prelim fighter scores ultra-rare finish
  • MMAFighting.com : Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen full fight video for boxing match