Tapology Forums

If you like Jon Jones/Greg Jackson, don't watch this video

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

benjaminbrandt
benjaminbrandt
  • Predictions:  18,270  |  65.6%
  • Forum Posts:  15,716
  • Post Score: 229

12.11.2011 | 12:03 PM ET

Jon Jones has been accused of having an ego in the past.......This video doesn't do much to change those views.  Listen to what Greg Jackson tells Jones to do after his victory over Machida last night. 

http://middleeasy.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=6631:now-jon-bones-jones-and-greg-jackson-are-in-the-middle-of-a-sportsmanship-controversy&catid=34:organizations#comments

"I have not yet begun to defile myself. "

Responses Page 6

Derp
Derp
  • Predictions:  3,270  |  60.7%
  • Forum Posts:  447
  • Post Score: 216

12.11.2011 | 7:19 PM ET

I don't have a problem with the way Jones dropped him either.  It's a fight.  It is what it is.  Just saying, you'd expect someone to check on an opponent after that.  To at least shake hands if nothing else.
trevpicks
trevpicks
  • Predictions:  84,017  |  56.1%
  • Forum Posts:  1,853
  • Post Score: 222

12.11.2011 | 7:19 PM ET

The video shows jackson saying something that prolly everyone would say unless they knew they were being recorded, jon jones jealousy is running wild which means he's reached the top.
Derp
Derp
  • Predictions:  3,270  |  60.7%
  • Forum Posts:  447
  • Post Score: 216

12.11.2011 | 7:26 PM ET

I think a lot of Jones fans have trouble understanding the difference between disliking a person for their personality and disliking a person for their talent.  No doubt Jones is talented.  I'll be the first to claim he's gonna clear out the entire division at 205 and go down in history as one of the best.  That being said, the guy irks me.  It's entertaining watching him fight because he's a very dominant finisher, but my interest ends there.  I don't like the guy, but I respect the talent.
themysticalninja
themysticalninja
  • Predictions:  1,219  |  59.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,725
  • Post Score: 123

12.11.2011 | 7:32 PM ET

The thing is, Jones is very young, age wise and even MMA wise. He's gonna mature as he gets older and fights more. But apparently people can't wait. It's like people are expecting him to act...Well almost like GSP and instead see him as the next Matt Hughes!

"Go get some Donald CER-ROE-NAY!" - Greg Jackson

SeverusRap1st
SeverusRap1st

12.11.2011 | 7:36 PM ET

The thing is Not many people like Jon Jones and he has small calves and you guys should go check out my staph infection thread.
trevpicks
trevpicks
  • Predictions:  84,017  |  56.1%
  • Forum Posts:  1,853
  • Post Score: 222

12.11.2011 | 7:40 PM ET

Im not a jones fan but i don't pretend that i really know his personality and what kinda person he is because i have watched interviews and read articles about him. If he is a ******** and has the worlds biggest ego good it will make the fights that much more interesting when he finnaly losses. Too much men talking about losing respect for other men because of there personalities and actions, this ain't days of our lives forums.
Piercerdan
Piercerdan
  • Predictions:  22,719  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,987
  • Post Score: 212

12.11.2011 | 8:00 PM ET

I don't like jones....  Ive said it time and time again that if i never ever had to hear him talk id probably love him but every single time he opens his mouth i just hope more and more and more that someone puts him down and hard.

Jones completely and totally rubs me the wrong way and I can't wait for the next prodigy like talent to come and whip him. I just gotta do my best to avoid the threads like this or any of his interviews.  

Did it bug anyone else the like 3 minutes of the countdown of him driving in his bently?

"Fact: knowledge or info based on real occurrences, opinion: a belief held with confidence not substantiated by proof."

SeverusRap1st
SeverusRap1st

12.11.2011 | 8:05 PM ET

^ yes the bentley is another reason i do not like him.  Not because im one of those jelous people but i think buying a car like that is dumb, if he loses his next three fights he will feel like an idiot for buying it.  Also i think as an athelete it sets a bad example especially for young african americans in a society that doesnt teach how to properly save and invest money but to spend it like crazy as soon as you make it.  

But who knows maybe it was a gift.  I would rather buy a nice 20000 dollar car and invest the rest into something else so i can have more money in the future.  Or invest it iin my kids future or something.....but maybe jj only cares about doing jj
Piercerdan
Piercerdan

12.11.2011 | 8:13 PM ET

@severus i can agree with that and really a bently isn't that expensive compared to what jones made last year, but he should really be trying hard to set up the rest of his life while he's got the income now. 

That said who are we to tell the guy how to live his life.  I just have sand in my ****** when it comes to certain types of people and jones fits into one of those types.

"Fact: knowledge or info based on real occurrences, opinion: a belief held with confidence not substantiated by proof."

Piercerdan
Piercerdan

12.11.2011 | 8:15 PM ET

A good ego for a ****y type fighter is the type mir showed in the interview sheepdog posted.  Ill go find it so anyone that hasn't watched it can see it. But the way he breaks down what was happening, why and how, is great.  He says something a bit far about nog being slow then makes sure to go back and explain that he's slow compared to drysdale whom is a much smaller and faster guy.  Being confident about a couple things that you can break down and explain is awesome, being a ****y ****** isn't.  Unfortunately its a very fine line.

Piercerdan
Piercerdan

12.11.2011 | 8:16 PM ET

SeverusRap1st
SeverusRap1st

12.11.2011 | 8:18 PM ET

^ yea its not my job to tell people how to manage there money and i shouldnt dislike jones because of it but at the same time i cant help it.  Im like you, he rubbs me the wrong way, not just one or two times but constantly.

* Edited at 12.11.2011, 8:21 PM ET *

JustynOfOsiris
JustynOfOsiris
  • Predictions:  4,334  |  57.2%
  • Forum Posts:  3,239
  • Post Score: 122

12.11.2011 | 8:20 PM ET

Nothing wrong with that.

Jones would of most likely ended up doing it regadless, Greg Jackson was just trying to watch out for him.

"Is reality really realistic?"

SeverusRap1st
SeverusRap1st

12.11.2011 | 8:21 PM ET

you know its bad when you have your coach constantly reminded you how to be humble....ROFL
Franklin880088
Franklin880088
  • Predictions:  1,570  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,452
  • Post Score: 120

12.11.2011 | 8:22 PM ET

Piercedan I have agreed with everything u have said pretty much in this thread. I don't like Jones either and never have. He rubbed me the wrong way since he enter the ufc well before the hype.  I been saying since day one he very ****y. I wonder if I would not mind him as much if he just came out and was like yea im ****y and I dont give a ****.  but instead he tries and hide it which bothers me.  He just seems like a ****y **** who hides it in front of the media, but it constantly comes out

also whoever was playing the age card about why jones did not go over the machida to see if he was ok............are u kidding me. I am the same age as Jones and I would not need any prompting to check on my opponents who neck I pretty much almost broke.

"here I come to save the day"

Piercerdan
Piercerdan

12.11.2011 | 8:27 PM ET

@Franklin I don't think id like him any more but i think he'd probably bug me less.  Similar to diaz.

Im really glad it makes sense and you agree :)

SeverusRap1st
SeverusRap1st

12.11.2011 | 8:27 PM ET

^ i am a little bit younger than jones almost 23......and i act like a ****** on the internet but in person i know what it means to have class, show humility and respect to people....no excuse for jones.
jaffacakehero
jaffacakehero
  • Predictions:  5,066  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  5,396
  • Post Score: 240

12.11.2011 | 8:28 PM ET

@pierce Frank Mir is a badass..........i dont think he's anywhere near as ****y as people think........it just seem's more so because he's extremely intelligent

"If you're matched up against me, you better be prepared to give your life...because I am prepared to take it. - Conor McGregor"

Piercerdan
Piercerdan

12.11.2011 | 8:34 PM ET

He comes across as condescending and i doubt he means too but i think thats what makes him sound so ****y.

buffalo ben
buffalo ben
  • Predictions:  3,705  |  58.2%
  • Forum Posts:  6,348
  • Post Score: 157

12.11.2011 | 10:11 PM ET

I don't really have a problem with Jon Jones to be honest.

"You don't have to be perfect, just dont be fraudulant"

Page 6

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : UFC Vegas 92: Best betting props, parlays and picks
  • MMA Junkie : 'Reborn' Ramiz Brahimaj returns to UFC with new perspective after 'nasty' injury jeopardized career
  • MMA Mania : ‘Two Or Three Times Bigger!’ Saudi Arabia Has Big Plans For Second UFC Event
  • MMA Junkie : UFC matchmaker Mick Maynard offers insight on scouting regional talent
  • MMAFighting.com : No Bets Barred: Breaking down Tyson Fury vs. Oleksandr Usyk, UFC Vegas 92, and Bellator Paris
  • Middle Easy : Joe Rogan Believes MMA’s Current Rule Set Favors Strikers: ‘I Don’t Think People Should Stand You Up, Ever’
  • MMA Junkie : Carlston Harris hopes UFC Fight Night 241 win leads to 'good names' like Neil Magny, Geoff Neal
  • MMA Mania : Video: Gorimbo Breaks Down After Coach’s Mother Dies On Media Day
  • MMA Junkie : UFC Fight Night 241's Vinicius Salvador guarantees first-round KO of Adrian Yanez: 'Write it down'
  • MMAFighting.com : Tyson Fury vs. Oleksandr Usyk full fight card
  • Middle Easy : Tim Welch Rates Mike Tyson’s Chances vs. Jake Paul: ‘Early On, He’s Gonna Be Scary’
  • MMA Mania : Barboza The BMF? ‘Who Has Better Highlight KOs Than Me?’
  • MMAFighting.com : Ring announcer Dan Hennessy retiring after viral screw up: ‘No longer the world’s punching bag’
  • MMA Junkie : 'Only Mancunian' Lerone Murphy appreciates full circle moment, crosses fingers for UFC 304
  • MMAFighting.com : Cédric Doumbé: Anthony Pettis fight ‘99 percent’ a done deal
  • UFC.com : Meet Middleweight Mark Hulme | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Grasso vs Team Shevchenko
  • MMA Junkie : UFC veteran Edson Barboza calls for BMF title fight vs. Max Holloway: 'I think I deserve that'
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC matchmaker sends emphatic message to prospects hoping to get noticed and signed 
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! UFC FPI 7 Highlights, Streaming Results | Rod vs. Fowler
  • UFC.com : Meet Middleweight Robert Valentin | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Grasso vs Team Shevchenko