Tapology Forums

If you like Jon Jones/Greg Jackson, don't watch this video

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

benjaminbrandt
benjaminbrandt
  • Predictions:  18,270  |  65.6%
  • Forum Posts:  15,716
  • Post Score: 229

12.11.2011 | 12:03 PM ET

Jon Jones has been accused of having an ego in the past.......This video doesn't do much to change those views.  Listen to what Greg Jackson tells Jones to do after his victory over Machida last night. 

http://middleeasy.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=6631:now-jon-bones-jones-and-greg-jackson-are-in-the-middle-of-a-sportsmanship-controversy&catid=34:organizations#comments

"I have not yet begun to defile myself. "

Responses Page 2

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

12.11.2011 | 1:00 PM ET

LOL. he is fighting everyone and eventually will fight evans and hendo. pleeeasasseeee. he has destroyed everyone. he is more dominant than anderson silva.
Hybrid
Hybrid
  • Predictions:  158  |  57.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1,437
  • Post Score: 236

12.11.2011 | 1:01 PM ET

Wow. That's disgusting. I never thought too poorly of Jon before (except that he was really ****y) but last night completely ruined him for me. First the fact that he knew Lyoto was out and didn't tell the ref, and then this ********? I already disliked Greg Jackson, and sure, this should reflect more poorly on him. That being said, I can' believe any of Jon Jones niceness in the past was sincere. The Jon Jones we saw last night, the one that let Lyoto nearly die, the one that had to be told to be nice so he could get some fans, that's the real Jones. That's something I can't like.

"History boils down to a few really awesome people doing really awesome stuff, and a bunch of idiots messing it up for everyone else."

DV8ed Septum
DV8ed Septum
  • Predictions:  1,328  |  57.8%
  • Forum Posts:  559
  • Post Score: 142

12.11.2011 | 1:01 PM ET

Yeah he's beat 4 top 10 LHws in this year alone, including 3 former champs.

He's had arguably the best year in mma hstory.

Hes taken zero damage (unless you count bruising his feet on Rampage's skull) and been taken down Zero times  BRAD!!!
All finishes BRAD!!!

Can i get $5 of whatever you got????

* Edited at 12.11.2011, 1:04 PM ET *

"Grrr."

thiagosilva9794
thiagosilva9794
  • Predictions:  5,113  |  60.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,315

12.11.2011 | 1:03 PM ET

You do realise Rashad is going to beat down Phil Davis then come in against Jones.. Jones will come in with his stupid crawl, Rashad will run across the cage and spear him breaking one of his ribs then continue to beat on him from side control until Jones taps but much to my delight just after he taps Rashad nails him with a hammerfist and knocks him out cold :)

"I really feel like I'm the most dangerous guy out there" BJ Penn........... UFC on Fox 2 event winner :)

brad
brad
  • Predictions:  804  |  58.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,120
  • Post Score: 104

12.11.2011 | 1:04 PM ET

Shogun and Machida were the only real competition the put him in front of. I'm not saying the other guys aren't good, but they just weren't going to pose a threat to jones skill set. I'm also not saying Jones isn't a phenomenal fighter. The first time I saw him I said "Oh **** this kids gonna be the champ soon". It's just that I can't stand him and I've almost never hated a fighter for their personality before this.
SoccerKick
SoccerKick
  • Predictions:  32,055  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  13,504
  • Post Score: 186

12.11.2011 | 1:08 PM ET

People talking about Jones not telling the ref he's out...Remember just a few weeks ago with Ronda Rousey? The ref informed her prior to the fight not to tell her anything during the fight...Maybe John McCarthy tells fighters the same thing, because he figures he can do his job better then the fighter

"I'm too old to be run by the fears of dumb people "

DV8ed Septum
DV8ed Septum
  • Predictions:  1,328  |  57.8%
  • Forum Posts:  559

12.11.2011 | 1:10 PM ET

@Brad, I don't like him either.
 He's whooped a few of my favorite fighters. I think mma is all about humility and respect, two things he sometimes seems to lack.

BUT he's soooo ***kin good. I can no longer NOT buy the hype, its warranted very much now. His competition has been as good as you can ask for really. Page was in shape and got tooled. Bader was cruising and was quickly dispatched. Rua is Rua and always dangerous and got ragdolled. Machida came sooo prepared and fought smart and almost died haha. the hype is warranted. Us haters have to hope he snaps his ACL like a stick of celery or something freaky for him to lose, imo.

"Grrr."

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

12.11.2011 | 1:12 PM ET

Jones is making me bank. JBJ will destroy hendo and rashad evans is my favorite fighter but i see the writing on the wall.
t0rch
t0rch
  • Predictions:  5,787  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  2,658
  • Post Score: 208

I hate Jones and I don't think he did anything wrong by not checking on him. Their are 4 people already working on Machida to make sure he is ok. What is Jones going to be able to do? Let them finish then go check on him.

"I would agree with you, but then we would both be wrong."

Crumx7
Crumx7
  • Predictions:  1,598  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  2,110
  • Post Score: 181

@brad who would you like him to face.  Bader was top 10 when Jones annihilated him.  Shogun was champ, Rampage was coming off of beating Hamill and Machida.  And Machida was 1-2, but everyone thought that Machida was the one to do it.  Evans and Hendo are the only top guys that he hasn't faced.  But to insinuate that they are giving Jones easy fights is ridiculous.  

"If you think about it, life is your one big chance" Follow @CRUMxMMA on Twitter

Hybrid
Hybrid
  • Predictions:  158  |  57.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1,437
  • Post Score: 236

12.11.2011 | 1:13 PM ET

I also didn't mention this before, but the crawl he does at the beginning of every fight is really disrespectful. It appears he's going to be doing it in every fight now. Sigh.

"History boils down to a few really awesome people doing really awesome stuff, and a bunch of idiots messing it up for everyone else."

Crumx7
Crumx7

12.11.2011 | 1:15 PM ET

What makes it disrespectful.  Everyone is just a Jones hater.  

"If you think about it, life is your one big chance" Follow @CRUMxMMA on Twitter

SoccerKick
SoccerKick

How is the crawl disrespectful?

brad
brad

The match ups I was referring to were like after Bonnar, which was a good one they gave him Matyushenko, then Hamel, Bader, -vera they were babying him when it was clear he was an insane talent ready for top comp. I know he's really good, I never said he wasn't. I just wish he would have played football instead. He's just not likable.

* Edited at 12.11.2011, 1:15 PM ET *

thiagosilva9794
thiagosilva9794
  • Predictions:  5,113  |  60.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,315

lol @wolf... Who has ever destroyed Hendo? I'll answer that, Noone. Jones certainly won't destroy Hendo.. In fact he wont even be fighting him, Because Rashad is going to do what I said above and it will be Hendo vs Rashad.

"I really feel like I'm the most dangerous guy out there" BJ Penn........... UFC on Fox 2 event winner :)

theMMAmessiah
theMMAmessiah
  • Predictions:  7,993  |  66.5%
  • Forum Posts:  8,433
  • Post Score: 103

12.11.2011 | 1:17 PM ET

@thiago Pretty sure Anderson "destroyed" him. Also, no way Rashad beats Jones, he's smaller than Machida is.
Crumx7
Crumx7

12.11.2011 | 1:17 PM ET

He's not likable because he is winning? If Rashad was the champion everyone would be hating on him.  Everyone hates on GSP, everyone finds ways to pick apart Anderson.  Jones is just another champion that is getting undeserved hate.

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

12.11.2011 | 1:19 PM ET

@thiago. thats funny. anderson silva destoyed hendo in the second round. expect the same kind of choke for jbj. all jones has to do is get him to the ground and choke him out.. you know hendo has a 10.5 reach disadvantage. tell me how he hits him withone of those powerbombs of his?
brad
brad

12.11.2011 | 1:20 PM ET

I don't hate anyone for winning. I just don't like Jon Jones.
SoccerKick
SoccerKick

12.11.2011 | 1:24 PM ET

@Wolf you know that Machida had a 10.5 in disadvantage as well? Regardless of what people may think Machida was hitting Jones cleanly

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : UFC Fight Pass Invitational 7 Full Results And Review
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Watch ‘Demolidor’ Rescue Dogs From Brazilian Flood
  • MMA Mania : UFC Vegas 92: Best betting props, parlays and picks
  • MMA Mania : UFC Vegas 92: Best Betting Props, Parlays And Picks
  • MMA Junkie : 'Reborn' Ramiz Brahimaj returns to UFC with new perspective after 'nasty' injury jeopardized career
  • MMA Mania : ‘Two Or Three Times Bigger!’ Saudi Arabia Has Big Plans For Second UFC Event
  • MMA Junkie : UFC matchmaker Mick Maynard offers insight on scouting regional talent
  • MMAFighting.com : No Bets Barred: Breaking down Tyson Fury vs. Oleksandr Usyk, UFC Vegas 92, and Bellator Paris
  • Middle Easy : Joe Rogan Believes MMA’s Current Rule Set Favors Strikers: ‘I Don’t Think People Should Stand You Up, Ever’
  • MMA Junkie : Carlston Harris hopes UFC Fight Night 241 win leads to 'good names' like Neil Magny, Geoff Neal
  • MMA Mania : Video: Gorimbo Breaks Down After Coach’s Mother Dies On Media Day
  • MMA Junkie : UFC Fight Night 241's Vinicius Salvador guarantees first-round KO of Adrian Yanez: 'Write it down'
  • MMAFighting.com : Tyson Fury vs. Oleksandr Usyk full fight card
  • Middle Easy : Tim Welch Rates Mike Tyson’s Chances vs. Jake Paul: ‘Early On, He’s Gonna Be Scary’
  • MMA Mania : Barboza The BMF? ‘Who Has Better Highlight KOs Than Me?’
  • MMAFighting.com : Ring announcer Dan Hennessy retiring after viral screw up: ‘No longer the world’s punching bag’
  • MMA Junkie : 'Only Mancunian' Lerone Murphy appreciates full circle moment, crosses fingers for UFC 304
  • MMAFighting.com : Cédric Doumbé: Anthony Pettis fight ‘99 percent’ a done deal
  • UFC.com : Meet Middleweight Mark Hulme | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Grasso vs Team Shevchenko
  • MMA Junkie : UFC veteran Edson Barboza calls for BMF title fight vs. Max Holloway: 'I think I deserve that'