Tapology Forums

Wobble-shop Benjo: ****-wool raked up out the half-rats Skilamalink fly-rink O' Baldric Eggling.

Closed Thread

This thread has been closed to new posts.

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

11.01.2021 | 6:35 PM ET

This thread will function as a kind of omnium gatherum for the melange of dissenting observations and opinions I have about MMA, MMA bouts and fighters, things I find humorous, and essentially any other thing. Why? Because sewage warrants proper curation as much as anything else. Arguably more.

Toshers and specklebellies welcome. No mutton-shunters, namby-pambys or needy-mizzlers. Pull up a stool and smother the parrot.

* Edited at 11.01.2021, 6:47 PM ET *

Closed Thread

This thread has been closed to new posts.

Responses Page 55

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry
  • Predictions:  41,475  |  69.2%
  • Forum Posts:  7,338
  • Post Score: 285

02.02.2022 | 10:39 PM ET

@Baldric Eggling

So basically the US can just do whatever the **** they want in terms of the global economy and the USD will always be the benchmark as everyone is too **** scared to challenge it? Gotha!

* Edited at 02.02.2022, 10:39 PM ET *

"I wish you good luck but I don't want you to rely on luck"

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

02.02.2022 | 10:41 PM ET

That's pretty much it.

What would the US do to retain its status as the word reserve? Incalculably violent, horrible ****.
Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

02.02.2022 | 11:00 PM ET

Something else I forgot to mention about Bretton-Woods: The US had all the gold because they didn't enter WW1 until late in the game and demanded payment in gold for supplies and arms from all the countries who were. So basically they sucked all the gold out of Europe and then following WW2 said 'Well, we've got all the gold now, so it's best for everybody that the USD becomes the world reserve' after again entering the war late.
Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

02.03.2022 | 3:47 PM ET

Xconchris
Xconchris
  • Predictions:  6,195  |  67.1%
  • Forum Posts:  6,175
  • Post Score: 332

02.03.2022 | 4:24 PM ET

@Baldric. What do you think about the rumor that the US overthrow Muammar Gaddafi and Libya because he was switching to the gold standard and wanted a united African union using gold backing

* Edited at 02.03.2022, 4:25 PM ET *

"Dont take life too serious, you will never make it out alive."

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

02.03.2022 | 4:33 PM ET

Well I don't know much about it but whatever else may or may not be true, he was certainly the US's golden boy until he wasn't. I'm old enough to remember when the US and the West was touting him as the Ghandi of the Middle East/Africa. There's definitely something there. And if that theory panned out to be true it wouldn't shock me. They either used him to achieve something or he stopped taking the silver and got the lead, anyway.
Fremen
Fremen
  • Predictions:  1,368  |  64.5%
  • Forum Posts:  3,579
  • Post Score: 218

02.03.2022 | 4:48 PM ET

since when are jars opened in shops?

"****."

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

02.03.2022 | 9:35 PM ET

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

02.03.2022 | 9:49 PM ET

The fairer sex

* Edited at 02.03.2022, 9:49 PM ET *

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

02.03.2022 | 9:49 PM ET

lol

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

02.03.2022 | 9:59 PM ET

Anon doesn't want a reply:

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

02.03.2022 | 10:33 PM ET

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

02.03.2022 | 10:40 PM ET

Serious question

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

02.03.2022 | 10:45 PM ET

@Baldric Eggling

Well what Russia are doing is just rude for a start...

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

02.03.2022 | 11:24 PM ET

Yes.

Oh yes.

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

02.04.2022 | 4:39 PM ET

Fremen
Fremen
  • Predictions:  1,368  |  64.5%
  • Forum Posts:  3,579
  • Post Score: 218

02.04.2022 | 4:46 PM ET

This article seems to be exaggerating what actually happened 

"****."

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

02.04.2022 | 6:08 PM ET

@Baldric Eggling

For context, the SheBelieves Cup is an extremely minor competition in football (soccer) that even the most hardcore fans will ignore. It's almost certainly the case that they're using the tournament to test out some young players for the future to see if they're any good and tbh, I'd be more surprised if they did name a full strength squad for the tournament given that the USA women's reserve players could beat most other teams with minimal effort. Even women's World Cup Qualifiers are taken more seriously than the SheBelieves Cup.

In MMA terms the headline would be similar to "Shock as Conor McGregor not on the upcoming UFC Fight Night prelims in a humiliating blow to his career!"

* Edited at 02.04.2022, 6:09 PM ET *

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

02.04.2022 | 6:11 PM ET

I don't really know anything about it, or women's soccer generally.

Is she actually good? Didn't she seriously underperform in the Olympics?
Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

02.04.2022 | 6:21 PM ET

@Baldric Eggling

They had a disappointing Olympics yes (won bronze but they were massive favourites so gold was kinda expected), but the Olympics is nothing compared to the World Cup, which they are currently the champions of. Kinda like how winning a boxing gold medal is impressive but not nearly on the same scale as becoming a world champion. I personally think that she is extremely overrated but she is one of the world's best without a doubt. I'd actually say she isn't the best in the USA and that her teammate Alex Morgan is better but I'd probably get crucified for saying that in certain places lol! Personally, I'd say that Wendie Renard is the world's best but again, I'd get mauled for saying that in certain places! 

Rapinoe is kinda like 2017 Conor McGregor in that she's the most famous and one of the world's best but not quite the best. Certainly the most popular/controversial though.

* Edited at 02.04.2022, 6:23 PM ET *

Page 55

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Sean Shelby's Shoes: What's next for free agent Jose Aldo after UFC 301 win?
  • MMA Mania : Pound For Pound #1 Vs. ‘The #1 Money Man’
  • MMAFighting.com : Shogun Rua announced for 2024 UFC Hall of Fame class
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch The Rock begin MMA training for Mark Kerr biopic ‘The Smashing Machine’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 winner Mauricio Ruffy warns Islam Makhachev 'a new king is coming' after debut
  • MMAFighting.com : Alexandre Pantoja reacts to UFC 301 win, ‘watershed moment’ in flyweight division
  • MMA Junkie : Mick Maynard's Shoes: What's next for Alexandre Pantoja after UFC 301 title defense?
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 302 main card announced
  • MMA Mania : ‘Suga’ To Mac: ‘Send Jet For A Quick Spar’
  • MMA Mania : O’Malley Accepts Mac’s Challenge: ‘Send Jet For A Quick Spar’
  • MMA Junkie : Alexandre Pantoja: UFC 301 a 'watershed moment' for flyweights
  • MMAFighting.com : Jose Aldo reacts to free agency, possibly skipping line to fight Sean O’Malley after UFC 301 win
  • MMA Mania : Pantoja To Challengers: ‘Bring A Gun’ If You Want To Stop Me
  • MMAFighting.com : Ryan Garcia tells Jake Paul ‘I would quit boxing’ if steroid accusations are true
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 post-event facts: Michel Pereira joins elite company with eighth straight octagon win
  • MMAFighting.com : Anthony Smith responds to Alex Pereira’s $50,000 challenge: ‘I’ll choke the sh*t out of him’
  • MMA Junkie : Anthony Smith agrees to Alex Pereira's $50K bet after UFC 301 submission win: 'I'll choke the sh*t out of him'
  • Middle Easy : UFC Legend Matt Brown Announces Retirement From MMA : ‘Not Doing it Again’
  • MMA Junkie : Steve Erceg 'devastated' by UFC 301 title fight loss: 'I blew it'
  • MMAFighting.com : Conor McGregor may be BKFC co-owner, but Mike Perry still wants that fight: ‘I am my own boss’