Tapology Forums

Mikey Tapology Boxing Corner!

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Mikey1903
Mikey1903
  • Predictions:  48,842  |  73.1%
  • Forum Posts:  9,117
  • Post Score: 300

09.26.2021 | 6:27 PM ET

Alright folks, 

As you might know I'm Tapology Boxing editor. I know the majority of you guys are here for MMA, so was I originally. But for the last year or 2 there is a little more interest in Boxing on the site. 

So here's a place to talk boxing. 

"Sometimes maybe good, sometimes maybe ****! "

Responses Page 34

Cheeseball
Cheeseball
  • Predictions:  13,293  |  71.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,944
  • Post Score: 247

01.20.2022 | 11:23 PM ET

Ha I skimmed through your post on the first go around and assumed he had the EBU title. This ****s hilarious but fascinating at the same time.

* Edited at 01.20.2022, 11:24 PM ET *

"🌽⚽️"

Casual008
Casual008
  • Predictions:  4,535  |  67.1%
  • Forum Posts:  2,865
  • Post Score: 259

01.23.2022 | 8:26 AM ET

Wylie's Art and Science of Boxing showcasing two masters of the rubberneck, even used the obscure example of Danny Jacobs vs Canelo where almost everyone thought it landed. 

"They're sorcerers they don't get knocked out"

Casual008
Casual008

01.24.2022 | 1:36 PM ET

Some sites are already reporting that AJ has stepped aside for Fury-Uysk undisputed however no official source has come out, just that AJ is considering it. 

Mikey1903
Mikey1903

01.24.2022 | 7:57 PM ET

Yeah, that story is about as iron clad as those 100 stories last summer "confirming" Fury vs Joshua in Abu Dhabi!!!

I've no doubt that there is some talks but Joshua hasn't accepted no £15million! Gareth Davies, the journalist, is a click bait clown! You know Gareth? The long haired, frilly shirt wearing, 60 year old acting 25 tool who occasionally spouts ****e on Bellator broadcasts!! Ha

Sorry, had to have a dig at Gareth there! Ha

By the way Joshua has already came out on his Instagram completely rubbishing the story!  Who knows what actually happens tho? I just don't take much from these stories especially after all that Joshua Fury ****e from last year! All talk, no action! 

Casual008
Casual008

01.24.2022 | 8:21 PM ET

I mean Fury vs AJ was confirmed they just forgot to mention the part where Fury never paid step aside. 

trackandfield
trackandfield
  • Predictions:  11,993  |  74.8%
  • Forum Posts:  723
  • Post Score: 234

01.24.2022 | 9:58 PM ET

https://www.fite.tv/watch/fite-in-focus-don-king/2paqy/https://www.fite.tv/watch/fite-in-focus-don-king/2paqy/

This interview with Don King should be mandatory viewing for all boxing fans 😂😂😂😂😂
trackandfield
trackandfield
  • Predictions:  11,993  |  74.8%
  • Forum Posts:  723
  • Post Score: 234

01.24.2022 | 9:59 PM ET

https://www.fite.tv/watch/fite-in-focus-don-king/2paqy/

I messed up the last post here’s the direct link.
FistyMcKickerChoke
FistyMcKickerChoke
  • Predictions:  29,508  |  80.7%
  • Forum Posts:  4,551
  • Post Score: 236

01.25.2022 | 1:35 PM ET

Gareth Davies seems like such a weirdo, every time he comes on bellator broadcasts I think "Who the **** is this guy and why should I care what he's saying?"

"Throughout my career I've learned that "If you win you're the ****, if you lose it's bad." - Bruno "Blindadao" Silva"

Mikey1903
Mikey1903

01.25.2022 | 2:44 PM ET

Inoue vs. Donaire

Funny coincidence that this video appeared in my YouTube subscriptions yesterday since Casual posted about the rematch just last week!
This is a great little mini documentary about the 1st Naoya Inoue vs. Nonito Donaire fight. The WBSS Final and 2019 Fight of the Year.

This vid does a nice job of giving a back story to the fight, Inoue bursting onto the scene, Nonito doing the same a decade previously, seemingly fading then rising again!  The fight was excellent, as all the fight of the Year awards suggest! Thing is that before the fight everyone expected Donaire to be brutally finished!!! What we got was an excellent, competitive war in which Inoue suffered serious damage for the first time (fractured eye) anf was made to dig deep for the first time.

Well worth 20 minutes of your time. 

By the way the rematch is not likely to happen until June, not April as 1st rumoured.  Its still far from certain that the rematch happens next anyway, the usual boxing politics ********!  But we can live in hope!

Anyway, check this video

Mikey1903
Mikey1903

01.25.2022 | 3:03 PM ET

Bad News, Good News

https://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/events/85403-estrada-vs-chocolatito-3

Here's something I wasn't expecting to be adding to the schedule today! 
Yesterday I heard that the Estrada Chocolatito trilogy was likely to be postponed because Estrada is struggling to recover from COVID.  Obviously I was really disappointed because this was the fight I was most looking forward to so far this year, Boxing and MMA. 
Then out of nowhere WBC Flyweight Champion and the man whose boxing style I describe as "****** psychotic!"  Julio Cesar Martinez is stepping up to face Chocolatito!! 

This has my attention!!!!  1 of the best inside combination punchers facing maybe the most aggressive boxer go head to head!!! 

Casual008
Casual008

01.25.2022 | 3:04 PM ET

Yeah sounds like continued restrictions and not knowing when they'll let up has caused the fight to be pushed back. Inoue's next opponent is supposedly domestic level. 

I hope Chocolatito pulls out; Sounds like their trying to pull one over him. This is exactly the kind of power puncher Rungvisai was and I don't know if Gonzales has the punching resistance to go toe-to-toe with at this stage of his career. 

* Edited at 01.25.2022, 3:06 PM ET *

Mikey1903
Mikey1903

01.25.2022 | 3:11 PM ET

You think so??

I know Martinez is a dangerous fight for sure. But I think Chocolatito has enough guile and craft to tame Martinez ultra aggression. I hope so anyway!!!  I don't think I can handle another Rungvisai type KO!  That fight genuinely made me sad!!!! 

Casual008
Casual008

01.25.2022 | 3:16 PM ET

I think it's a bad match up stylistically, especially when you look at how much trouble Rungvisai gave Chocolatito. Hoping I'm wrong though, will be praying for him to annihilate Martinez. 

Was really hoping he'd be able to end his career on a high note by defeating his main rival and reclaiming his belts. 

MattyViceGrip
MattyViceGrip
  • Predictions:  8,157  |  72.5%
  • Forum Posts:  4,036
  • Post Score: 236

01.28.2022 | 3:53 AM ET

Anything good this weekend Mikey?

"Pound for Pound! Headshot, dead!"

Mikey1903
Mikey1903

01.28.2022 | 5:02 AM ET

Not really bud. 

There's 3 cards I'll be paying attention to.  1st is tomorrow morning from Russia. 1 of the RCC shows. This 1 is not their best. Mainly young boxers with less than 5 fights. Main event is an OK fight. I have added the YouTube Livestream to the event page if you want to watch some boxing on Saturday morning, stats around 9am US Eastern.

There's Don King(can't believe that shady Mutha****a is still around!!!!!) Promotions. It features 1 very good fight for the WBC Cruiserweight Title featuring Ilunga Makabu vs Thabiso Mchunu. Its a great match up
You could say its no.2 or 3(makabu) vs no. 5 or 6(mchunu) in the World.
Makabu is the Cruiserweight Canelo was possibly going to be facing in May, though that looks less likely now. Id recommended Makabu to any boxing fan because he's an offensive knockout BANGER!!! Always in fun fights.
It's on some PPV through Don Kings website so I'd stay the **** away from that unless you want your credit card details gone! I think FITE TV are showing it? I will likely finding some sort of replay on YouTube or something on Sunday.

ESPN have a show on too. Again it's not their best! The main event features Brazilian Olympic medalist Robson Conceicao vs undefeated Xavier Martinez, Martinez has just been signed by Top Rank and they are throwing him into a main event against his toughest opponent straight away! Either he's gonna win and move into World Title contention or he fizzles out straight away! Risky!
You may remember Robson from his last fight vs Oscar Valdez. Remember Valdez failed a drug test before the fight but the WBC let him defend his title anyway!!! Then most people thought Robson won and the judges gave it to Valdez anyway!!!
I kinda want Robson to kick ass because of all that ********, plus he's boys with Anderson Silva so anyone who is boys with Anderson, I like!

The undercard features prospects, oh and the Mohamed Alis Grandson ******** side show continues!!! He should have lost or drawn at best his last fight. He will be brutally KO'd by a journeyman very soon, probably not this weekend because they found an even worse guy!!! But its coming, trust me!
Prospects to watch on the undercard are Olympian Tiger Johnson, Olympic reserve Shu Shu Carrington, Heavyweight Jeremiah Milton.  Oh and don't tell the rest of Tapology but in the Co Main pick Rene Tellez Giron he's about to obliterate some fool and 80% of Tapology are picking him to lose!!!!  Again, keep it to just us right!!! Ha

Casual008
Casual008

01.28.2022 | 11:23 AM ET

IBF Cruiserweight Champion and the Ring's #1 Mairis Briedis releases diss track.... against Jake Paul. Previously Briedis had tried getting the Paul brothers attention with a tattoo on his leg stating he was their 'karma'. 

Mikey1903
Mikey1903

01.28.2022 | 12:28 PM ET

My God!!!!  This may be the most cringey ,****** sad thing I've ever witnessed!!!

What the **** is Briedis doing????  He is the no.1 Cruiserweight on the planet, what does he get out of calling out Jake ****** Paul!?  Somebody needs to tell him to stop this ********! It is embarrassing AF!

Really hope he gets KO'd in his next fight! 

Casual008
Casual008

01.28.2022 | 12:41 PM ET

The same week Briedis dropped this diss track Paul dropped his own on Dana. I don't know what's going on anymore. 

Joshjeffords
Joshjeffords
  • Predictions:  4,263  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  6,261
  • Post Score: 136

01.28.2022 | 1:02 PM ET

That was kinda funny I guess, hes probably broke thinks beating a bum like Jake will be easy money.
Or maybe he just wants to shut paul up who is dipping one leg in boxing.

"“I took no damage,” Hill said. “Most of the fall was me falling down"

Cheeseball
Cheeseball
  • Predictions:  13,293  |  71.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,944
  • Post Score: 247

01.28.2022 | 9:02 PM ET

Sigh... we're living in a simulation.

"🌽⚽️"

Page 34

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! Haney Requests Garcia Rematch Because ‘Weight Played A Role’ In Defeat
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Jamahal Hill Brutally Honest On UFC 300 Regrets, Who Should Be Next For Alex Pereira
  • MMA Mania : Return Of The Bare Knuckle King
  • MMA Mania : PFL MENA Inaugural Event Set For May 10 In Riyadh
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive – Jamahal Hill Talks ‘Crazy’ BMF Title Clash at UFC 300, Comments on Ryan Garcia’s Epic Troll Job
  • MMA Junkie : Michael Bisping warns Michael Chandler not to underestimate Conor McGregor: 'Can't be drunk on your own ego'
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘What goes around comes around’: Prograis says karma caught up to Haney in Garcia fight
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘What goes around comes around’: Regis Prograis says karma caught up to Devin Haney
  • MMA Mania : ‘Stop Running!’ Vieira Claims Harrison Declined UFC 303 Fight Offer
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Jamahal Hill On Fighting Khalil Rountree So Soon At UFC 303, Rejecting A Main Event
  • MMA Junkie : Karine Silva explains how fast UFC rise was actually deceivingly long
  • MMA Junkie : Marlon Vera calls out Petr Yan for November showdown after he previously 'declined,' Yan fires back
  • MMA Mania : VIDEO: Strongman Hall Breaks Pereira Punch Record ... Kind Of
  • MMAFighting.com : Coach Rafael Cordeiro: Beneil Dariush took time off after repeated head trauma in 2023
  • UFC.com : It’s Not Just Winning For Victor Henry, It’s How He Wins
  • MMA Junkie : Title or not, Jamahal Hill says Alex Pereira rematch has to happen
  • MMA Mania : Video: Hill Praises Pereira’s ‘Gritty’ UFC 300 Ref Block
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch Mike Perry, Thiago Alves engage in tense faceoff ahead of BKFC KnuckleMania IV showdown
  • MMA Junkie : Video: BKFC KnuckleMania 4 press conference faceoffs featuring UFC vets Mike Perry, Thiago Alves
  • MMA Junkie : Uros Medic: 'Somebody is going to get oiled up' if I get snubbed of bonus at UFC on ESPN 55