Topic: Tanaka vs. Ishida

Tanaka vs. Ishida

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,147
  • Post Score: 47

09.24.2021 | 7:51 AM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
Tanaka vs. Ishida
Bout   Info
(Boxing)   Kosei Tanaka  defeats  Sho Ishida via Decision, Split   10 Rounds, 30:00 Total Bout Page
(Boxing)   Takefumi Higashi  defeats  Pocky Nishikawa via Decision, Technical   6 Rounds, 14:55 Total Bout Page
(Boxing)   Shun Yamada  vs.  Kento Naraki Ends in a Draw, Majority   4 Rounds, 12:00 Total Bout Page

Responses

2021.09.24 7:51 AM ET

bout announced

Kosei Tanaka vs. Sho Ishida
2021.12.07 3:31 PM ET

bout announced

Takefumi Higashi vs. Pocky Nishikawa
2021.12.07 3:32 PM ET

bout announced

Kento Naraki vs. Yudai Takigawa
Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,622  |  73.7%
  • Forum Posts:  17,553
  • Post Score: 60

12.11.2021 | 1:15 AM ET

Maladapted New Predictions

Predictions: 1 of 1 Winners, 1 Perfect, 75 Points   |   Tied for 7th with 41 others

Tanaka vs. Ishida
I can't get enough of Kosei Tanaka at -800. He has a underrated stamina. Tanaka isn't about to gargle the production. Вот, где собака зарыта!

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Casual008
Casual008
  • Predictions:  4,558  |  67.1%
  • Forum Posts:  2,865
  • Post Score: 259

12.11.2021 | 1:28 PM ET

Predictions: 1 of 2 Winners, 1 Perfect, 75 Points   |   Tied for 7th with 41 others

Tanaka won by SD, wonder how close it actually was. 

"They're sorcerers they don't get knocked out"

2021.12.23 1:58 PM ET

bout result

Kosei Tanaka defeats Sho Ishida via 10 Round Decision

weigh-in result

Kosei Tanaka: 115.0 lbs (52.2 kgs)

weigh-in result

Sho Ishida: 115.0 lbs (52.2 kgs)
2021.12.23 2:01 PM ET

bout result

Takefumi Higashi defeats Pocky Nishikawa via 5 Round Decision

weigh-in result

Takefumi Higashi: 111.7 lbs (50.7 kgs)

weigh-in result

Pocky Nishikawa: 112.0 lbs (50.8 kgs)
2021.12.23 2:02 PM ET

bout announced

Shun Yamada vs. Kento Naraki
2021.12.23 2:02 PM ET

bout status update

Naraki vs. Takigawa Changed from Confirmed to Fizzled
Mikey1903
Mikey1903
  • Predictions:  48,931  |  73.2%
  • Forum Posts:  9,119
  • Post Score: 300

12.23.2021 | 2:11 PM ET

Predictions: 2 of 2 Winners, 1 Perfect, 125 Points   |   4th Place

Just getting round to updating this now. Been busy few weeks for boxing! Kinda glad of the break, won't be saying that in a week probably!

Anyway, about the fight. Yes it was Razor close, I seen some people who were saying Ishida deserved the win! I caught some highlights and it looked close and Tanaka looked a little unsure of himself at points. Only highlights tho so can't really tell? 

I wonder if my boy Ioka has ruined Tanaka. I mean before that fight Tanaka was on top of the World(Well Japan and hardcore boxing nerds worlds!!) he was going to be a 4 weight World Champion in 14 fights, put on P4P lists(Ioka is top 10 so if Tanaka won he'd be there) and he was becoming a huge star in Japan, I've said it before on here and I'll say it again Japan loves boxing!
Anyway, the way Ioka beat Tanaka ass!!! It really was a beat down, I mean it was a great fight, Tanaka was holding his own offensively, but Ioka exploited a HUGE gap with the left Hook defence and kept cracking them dropping him again and again until the referee saved him being laid out face 1st!
I gotta think that going from being the next best thing to getting absolutely Molly Whopped has to affect the confidence!.. I hope not because Tanaka is a fun fighter and anyone knows I love the Japanese boxing scene and style! I hope he can get it back together but this fight wasn't a good look, maybe its just that 1st fight back and he's got over the nerves or whatever it is. Will find out next year because Tanaka is going to be in a World Title fight before end of 2022 for sure and there's a lot of killers at Super Fly. Chocolatito, Estrada, Ioka are all in my top 10 P4P! Then you've got hammers like Rungvisai, Ancajas, up n comers Bam Rodriguez and Ricardo Sandoval! Man Super Fly is Super indeed!!!!

Man, why have I just written a short essay that nobody is going to read+???!!!! 

* Edited at 12.23.2021, 2:13 PM ET *

"Sometimes maybe good, sometimes maybe ****! "

Casual008
Casual008
  • Predictions:  4,558  |  67.1%
  • Forum Posts:  2,865
  • Post Score: 259

12.23.2021 | 5:55 PM ET

Predictions: 1 of 2 Winners, 1 Perfect, 75 Points   |   Tied for 7th with 41 others

Be a dream come true if Ioka could get the Rungvisai, Estrada, and Choco fights. Be an actual 4 kings situation instead of the usual market ploy to sell weak champions.

Afraid to admit, something of a casual when it comes to Tanaka, largely only seen his highlights but I did see him get beat by Ioka. He's got a good snapping jab and great combinations, but he struggles to get his head off centerline and that big gap in defense to left hooks. Hopefully it's just ringrust and not hesitant from being stopped once. How do you think Tanaka fares against all those Super Flyweights? Maybe Tanaka can replicate Estrada's footwork that gave Runvisai so much trouble. 

"They're sorcerers they don't get knocked out"

Mikey1903
Mikey1903
  • Predictions:  48,931  |  73.2%
  • Forum Posts:  9,119
  • Post Score: 300

12.23.2021 | 6:37 PM ET

Predictions: 2 of 2 Winners, 1 Perfect, 125 Points   |   4th Place

Yup it sure would. As much as I love Chocolatito, Ioka is up there too!
Ioka was talking about pushing hard for unifications in 2022. He already had 1 booked with Ancajas for the Japanese New Year's Eve show that unfortunately got cancelled because Japan shut it borders. But he does still have a fight. They drafted in Ryoji ***unaga who is a much better boxer than his 13-4 record suggests, he's a Japanese,, OPBF and WBO Oriental Champion, basically the best boxer in the region outside of the World Champions.

Speaking of the Super Flys I literally just added Estrada Chocolatito 3 to the schedule!! It has a date, March 5 next year.

About Tanaka vs the best at 115, I'm not sure? I think he needs to build up confidence just a little, maybe 2 decent level fights 1st. Rungvisai is beatable, but if you have a defensive flaw you don't want to face such a big puncher!!! I won't write him off because he is very talented, just need to see him a little more before I pick him over Ioka, Chocolatito or Estrada 

"Sometimes maybe good, sometimes maybe ****! "

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMAFighting.com : Canelo vs. Munguia weigh-in video
  • MMA Junkie : Alex Perez hopes Alexandre Pantoja retains title at UFC 301: 'I want to fight the guy that beat me'
  • MMAFighting.com : Conor McGregor warns Ryan Garcia to get his head right: ‘I’m going to smash it in with elbows if you don’t’
  • MMA Mania : Tom Who? Jones Pursuing ‘Insane’ Pereira Fight
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 weigh-in results: Everyone hits marks in Rio de Janeiro
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 weigh-in results: Jose Aldo makes weight for final fight
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 weigh-in video
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 main, co-main event official weigh-in highlights video
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch UFC 301 weigh-in video LIVE now
  • MMA Mania : Ronda Won’t Play Rousey In Netflix Biopic
  • MMAFighting.com : Jon Jones favors Alex Pereira heavyweight clash over Tom Aspinall: ‘Tom only matters in the U.K.’
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘We see the type of person he is’: Haney not interested in Garcia rematch after failed drug test
  • MMA Junkie : UFC champ Alex Pereira thinks Jiri Prochazka most likely next in line: 'Ankalaev is going to have to wait'
  • MMA Junkie : Jon Jones: Alex Pereira matchup would be 'biggest fight in MMA history' and 'no one can argue that'
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Dustin Poirier admits title win could be perfect ending to career: ‘This is the last chapter’
  • MMA Junkie : Scale snafus: UFC official weigh-in misses in 2024
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 weigh-in video at 8 a.m. ET
  • MMA Junkie : Every UFC event in history with three or more weigh-in misses
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! UFC 301 Early Weigh Ins Results!
  • MMA Mania : ‘I’m Going To Put Him Down’