Topic: Diaz vs. Condit

Diaz vs. Condit

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,619  |  73.7%
  • Forum Posts:  17,552
  • Post Score: 60

12.07.2011 | 1:31 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Diaz   wrong Decision  

This is the official discussion thread for Diaz vs. Condit. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 5

brad
brad
  • Predictions:  804  |  58.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,120
  • Post Score: 104

12.28.2011 | 9:59 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Diaz   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 5  

Condit is tough as nails but to assume anyone is killproof (or K.O. proof) is kinda silly. Also, assuming Nick Diaz doesn't hit hard is silly.
ossigor
ossigor
  • Predictions:  386  |  62.7%
  • Forum Posts:  23
  • Post Score: -143

01.23.2012 | 12:55 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Diaz   wrong Submission   wrong Round 4  

diaz is better on the feet, better on the ground, better cardio, has an amazing chin.. with the exception of something really flukish, how does condit win this one?

diaz all the way probably submission in the later rounds after he's worn condit down.
Yaspaa
Yaspaa
  • Predictions:  173  |  73.4%
  • Forum Posts:  1,422
  • Post Score: 151

01.23.2012 | 1:32 PM ET

"I Get Better."

p4pgoat
p4pgoat
  • Predictions:  4,888  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  3,908
  • Post Score: 143

01.23.2012 | 1:47 PM ET

Prediction: correct Condit   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 4  

One thing I know for sure is Condit won't get tired by the 2nd round and lean on the cage and just get peppered with punches cuz he's too tired to defend himself. Diaz likes to push the pace but so does Condit. One knee or one punch and Condit can put you out. It's not impossible that he KO's Diaz.

"We are all human, it's time to prove it."

zarog
zarog
  • Predictions:  2,855  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  4,174
  • Post Score: 241

01.23.2012 | 1:54 PM ET

My feelings have remained the same about this fight. Overall striking adv: Condit. Submission grappling: Diaz. Wrestling: significant edge to Condit. Speed: Condit. Power: huge edge to Condit. Cardio: Diaz. Ability to take a shot: EVEN (Condit took Ellenberger and Hardy's best shots, and Diaz has taken Paul Daley's best shots). The more active fighter will win this fight in my opinion. I think by the end of the third Diaz is going to be a bloody mess, because he gets cut in every fight. Condit tends to cause cuts like very few others do. Bad recipe for Diaz. I see this one being stopped between the 4th and 5th due to cuts. Condit wins by TKO.

"Surrender??!! You think this letter on my head stands for France?" - Captain America

Brazilian Jitz
Brazilian Jitz
  • Predictions:  3,516  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  6,816
  • Post Score: 211

01.23.2012 | 2:24 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Diaz   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 3  

Diaz is going to wear Condit out.

"Albert Fish... I mean that guy was a real jerk!"

Brazilian Jitz
Brazilian Jitz

01.23.2012 | 2:25 PM ET

Striking Condit? Lol. Go tell that to BJ Penn, who was supposed to be the best boxer in MMA according to Freddie Roach. Diaz made him look silly.

hdmexiqtioner
hdmexiqtioner
  • Predictions:  9,964  |  57.9%
  • Forum Posts:  5,398
  • Post Score: 283

01.23.2012 | 2:32 PM ET

Prediction: correct Condit   correct Decision  

Striking: Diaz
Wrestling: Condit
Ju Jitsu: Diaz
Clinch: Condit
Ground: Diaz
Conditioning: Diaz
Attitude: Diaz
Experience: Diaz
Past Opposition: Diaz
Chin: Equal
X-Factor: Condit

I think that this is going to be a 5 Round War from bell to bell. But I do see this going to the end.

"Don't argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." - Bark Twain

zarog
zarog

01.23.2012 | 2:55 PM ET

@Nik Striking isn't just boxing. Diaz has significantly better boxing, but striking overall? Not so much. Condit has the kicks, the knees, the elbows, and will beat Diaz in the clinch. If you only look at boxing, then yes, Diaz should have the edge.
Boxing: Diaz
Clinch: Condit
Kicks: Condit
Elbows: Condit
Knees: Condit
Condit's overall striking is better than Diaz's. He's just got better technical kickboxing and muay thai. Diaz is semi-one dimensional in the striking department. He walks straight forward and throws looping hooks.

"Surrender??!! You think this letter on my head stands for France?" - Captain America

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

01.23.2012 | 2:57 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Diaz   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 4  

i got 400 dollars that says diaz will win this fight. i think nick does not like condit at all and will pound on him until the tko comes. only way he losses is by doctor stoppage.
Brazilian Jitz
Brazilian Jitz

01.23.2012 | 3:02 PM ET

Zarog, what your trying to say is Condit has more diverse striking, but if you wanna talk about overall striking; Diaz takes that.

His boxing is so sharp. None of Condits disciplines come close to Diaz striking. You cant just say " he just has boxing" thats totally discrediting how effective his boxing is.

How objectively are you looking at this fight? Look at your avatar.

* Edited at 01.23.2012, 3:03 PM ET *

zarog
zarog

01.23.2012 | 3:09 PM ET

@Nik Seriously? Yes, of course I want Condit to win. Do I think he will? Honestly, it's 50/50. Condit can't win decisions, so if it goes to decision Diaz will probably win due to sheer volume of strikes landed. I'm just really tired of all the talk about how Diaz outclasses Condit everywhere, cause it's just not true. Is Diaz better? As far as effectiveness goes, probably. Technically skilled? I don't believe so. Diaz is a great jiu-jitsu practitioner, but he's actually not very technically sound at anything else. He's just damn effective due to his insane cardio and just how tough he is. 

itfigures
itfigures
  • Predictions:  37,240  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  1,453
  • Post Score: 279

01.23.2012 | 3:16 PM ET

Diaz is the superior athlete but I always have a fear of him eating a big head kick. I like Condit a lot but Diaz will take this fight, handily. Anyone know if there will be another group AV bet for this fight? I'm sure there has to be a few haters out there looking for redemption. Jersey man, where you at on this????
poir420
poir420
  • Predictions:  143,346  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  18,232
  • Post Score: 245

01.23.2012 | 3:19 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Diaz   wrong Submission   wrong Round 3  

I would think about doing a group bet but everyone had an issue with me claiming I was 7-0 on avatar bets after that so if it counts as 1 bet I would not do it!

"“All of a sudden, he was shooting for a takedown, and I’m like, ‘Oh, you’re a wrestler now? Remember, I’m the black belt in jiu-jitsu. And you’re shooting on me now? This is a wrap." - Nate Diaz"

Brazilian Jitz
Brazilian Jitz

01.23.2012 | 3:26 PM ET

Ill do an AV bet.

Hybrid
Hybrid
  • Predictions:  158  |  57.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1,437
  • Post Score: 236

01.23.2012 | 3:32 PM ET

I personally think Condit is going to win this fight. Nick Diaz has the more effective boxing, but I would argue that Condit has as effective striking in total. Diaz' technique is fairly non-existent on the feet (not saying it isn't effective, because it clearly is). If it stays standing, I see it being very close, with Condit taking the edge due to power and the fact he cuts people like a madman, and Diaz is easy as hell to cut (since he doesn't seem to like blocking for any reason). Nick has the potential to wear Condit down, but people seem to think Condit's cardio is far worse than it is. As far as a breakdown goes:

Overall striking: Equal (possibly slight edge to Condit)
Power: Condit by far
Wrestling: Condit
BJJ: Diaz
Cardio: Diaz (clearly)
Toughness/Chin: Equal
Experience: Close, with edge to Condit (has fought more good fighters)

I think the fight will end one of three ways. Condit via TKO (Cuts) in the fourth. Diaz by submission. Diaz by decision. Neither of them is likely to be KO'd or TKO'd with their respective chins. Don't really think Diaz will submit him, because Condit isn't likely to take it to the ground, and Diaz sure as hell won't, but hey, it could happen. Will I be disappointed if Condit loses, yes. Would I be completely shocked, no. 

"History boils down to a few really awesome people doing really awesome stuff, and a bunch of idiots messing it up for everyone else."

Hellequin
Hellequin
  • Predictions:  2,084  |  57.8%
  • Forum Posts:  555
  • Post Score: 138

01.29.2012 | 4:17 AM ET

Prediction: correct Condit   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 3  

I don't expect either man to go down. I expect them to go to hell and back for 5 rounds with Carlos coming out on top!

"The punches that land, are the most dangerous..." " Boiling Crock Pot of Excellence " "He ate that like a pop-tart!" ~Joe Rogan

LiLRASKALG
LiLRASKALG
  • Predictions:  3,613  |  59.2%
  • Forum Posts:  373
  • Post Score: 86

01.30.2012 | 12:43 AM ET

Late Round finish for my boy DIAZ! would appreciate a 1st round finsh!

"IF I AGREE WITH YOU THEN WE WOULD BOTH BE WRONG!"

RamJam420
RamJam420
  • Predictions:  489  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  63
  • Post Score: 29

01.30.2012 | 1:39 AM ET

Diaz is working VERY hard on his footwork. He will pick Condit apart until he unravels at the seams
RamJam420
RamJam420
  • Predictions:  489  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  63
  • Post Score: 29

01.30.2012 | 1:43 AM ET

Actually probably head movement more than footwork.... haha I'm just a Diaz fan - he'll do whatever he has to do get the W

Page 5

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Borralho Vs. Craig Betting Odds, Breakdown, Prediction
  • MMA Mania : Inspirational Pereira ‘Not Worried’ About Legacy Talk
  • MMA Mania : White ‘Probably A Little Mad’ About McGregor BKFC Deal
  • MMAFighting.com : Jairzinho Rozenstruik plans to reconnect with ‘my real power source’ in Suriname, return against a top heavyweight
  • MMA Junkie : Karine Silva will keep 'unreachable' callout secret for one more fight after UFC on ESPN 55
  • MMA Mania : Matches To Make After UFC Vegas 91
  • MMA Mania : Matches To Maker After UFC Vegas 91
  • MMA Junkie : Ketlen Souza unwilling to take breaks after scoring first octagon win at UFC on ESPN 55
  • MMAFighting.com : Bogdan Guskov promises to keep delivering exciting fights after UFC Vegas 91 win: ‘I love blood’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 winner Maheshate felt 'extra burden' after consecutive losses
  • MMA Mania : Covington On ‘Nobody’ Garry: ‘He’s Not Serious’
  • MMAFighting.com : Bryan Barberena announces UFC exit, calls for ‘real brawler’ BKFC battle with Mike Perry
  • MMA Junkie : Austin Hubbard admits he was 'super nervous, stressed out' before UFC on ESPN 55 win
  • MMA Junkie : Charly Arnolt details historic impromptu UFC cage announcer role: 'I was scared of messing up'
  • MMAFighting.com : Paddy Pimblett responds to UFC 300 callouts from Renato Moicano, Bobby Green
  • MMA Junkie : 'LokDog' Vinicius Oliveira gets Ricky Simon in first fight since UFC Knockout of the Year candidate
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 winner Don'Tale Mayes wants quick return on hometown Louisville card
  • MMA Mania : ‘My Style, It’s Worst Style For This Guy Dustin’
  • MMAFighting.com : Thiago Alves retires from combat sports after Mike Perry knockout loss at KnuckleMania 4
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Ryan Garcia shows Colby Covington left hooks after Donald Trump meetup in Florida