Topic: Diaz vs. Condit

Diaz vs. Condit

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,619  |  73.7%
  • Forum Posts:  17,552
  • Post Score: 60

12.07.2011 | 1:31 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Diaz   wrong Decision  

This is the official discussion thread for Diaz vs. Condit. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 3

HaZe
HaZe
  • Predictions:  97  |  57.7%
  • Forum Posts:  201
  • Post Score: -84

12.08.2011 | 10:35 PM ET

Prediction: correct Condit   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

condit

"Greg I'm not impressed by your performance "

jersey0525
jersey0525
  • Predictions:  2,766  |  60.6%
  • Forum Posts:  4,536
  • Post Score: 188

12.08.2011 | 11:59 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Diaz   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 4  

i honestly think diaz is the only welterweight complete enough to beat gsp... not saying that condit CANT catch him, because he's been caught before, but i think diaz wins this via 4th round tko thanks to the sheer volume of life sucking body shots and pin point accuracy of diaz strikes

"im an OT (ORIGINAL TAPOLOGIST), I used to write for cagepages.com. NO ONE CAN TAKE THAT LEFT HAND SHOT"

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

12.09.2011 | 12:05 AM ET

cesar gracie has said gsp should give up the belt. we are looking at minumum 18 months now for him to  heal up and his last figh (combined time)t. then  he will need another 4-5 months of training to get ready. that is already 22-23 months between fights. i hope gsp makes the right decision. no one mma fighter is bigger than the sport.
buffalo ben
buffalo ben
  • Predictions:  3,705  |  58.2%
  • Forum Posts:  6,348
  • Post Score: 157

12.09.2011 | 12:07 AM ET

cesar gracie would say whatever would benefit his boy

"You don't have to be perfect, just dont be fraudulant"

jersey0525
jersey0525
  • Predictions:  2,766  |  60.6%
  • Forum Posts:  4,536
  • Post Score: 188

12.09.2011 | 12:08 AM ET

i love ya wolfie, but i cant agree with that.... no matter how long he's out, gsp is the rightful champ...to be a champ u must beat a champ...and if he vacated the belt, he'd STILL get first crack at a title shot anyway...so no REAL difference between fighting for an interim belt and making him vacate his belt

"im an OT (ORIGINAL TAPOLOGIST), I used to write for cagepages.com. NO ONE CAN TAKE THAT LEFT HAND SHOT"

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

12.09.2011 | 12:26 AM ET

there are too many welterweights who deserve chances at a title. i'm sick of gsp. i'm sorry he got injured but if he is such a decent person and such a champion he can win his belt back and should turn over the belt for the best interest of MMA..the media just eats up a comeback story anyway.
buffalo ben
buffalo ben
  • Predictions:  3,705  |  58.2%
  • Forum Posts:  6,348
  • Post Score: 157

12.09.2011 | 12:41 AM ET

Interim. Title. 

This is not so bad actually. We get to have some of the other boys battle, and when GSP makes his return it will be epic

"You don't have to be perfect, just dont be fraudulant"

jblurch73
jblurch73
  • Predictions:  4,851  |  58.2%
  • Forum Posts:  32
  • Post Score: 84

12.09.2011 | 5:30 PM ET

fight of the year already calling it!

"Take time to deliberate; but when the time for action arrives, stop thinking and go in. "

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,350  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,487
  • Post Score: 203

12.09.2011 | 5:37 PM ET

@wolf Im with you 100%

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

thiagosilva9794
thiagosilva9794
  • Predictions:  5,113  |  60.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,315
  • Post Score: 142

12.13.2011 | 10:58 AM ET

What a fight, I don't think anyone is FULLY sure on who is going to win here.. Both have great stand up, great BJJ, Great cardio (Yes, I know Nick has the edge) , Great heart and determination to win, Great chins. There so similar and that's what makes this fight so great. Before Diaz' fight with BJ I wouldn't have hesitated to pick Condit but now I am going Diaz decision. Both are killers and I won't be surprised by any outcome. One of these guys is coming for you GSP.

"I really feel like I'm the most dangerous guy out there" BJ Penn........... UFC on Fox 2 event winner :)

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

12.13.2011 | 12:46 PM ET

i know, Diaz by TKO in 4th round. and gsp is gonna get beatdwon by diaz after his very long layoff.

* Edited at 12.13.2011, 12:47 PM ET *

zarog
zarog
  • Predictions:  2,855  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  4,174
  • Post Score: 241

12.13.2011 | 1:01 PM ET

Prediction: correct Condit   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 4  

Condit by TKO (cuts) in the 4th round, due to an easy to cut Diaz and incredibly sharp elbows from Condit. Also I'm not biased at all. ;D

"Surrender??!! You think this letter on my head stands for France?" - Captain America

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

12.13.2011 | 1:08 PM ET

the people demand a bloodbath. the ref will let it continue just like when condit got his orbital bone broken in the first round by ellenberger.
zarog
zarog

12.13.2011 | 1:25 PM ET

@Wolf What? Condit's orbital was not broken. Nothing like that was ever reported. He completely dodged medical suspension from that fight. http://mmajunkie.com/news/16240/ufc-fight-night-19-medical-suspensions-go-to-just-three-fighters.mma

"Surrender??!! You think this letter on my head stands for France?" - Captain America

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

12.13.2011 | 1:29 PM ET

it looked to me like a broken orbital bone. myabe not, but i still want a blood bath for diaz vs condit.
zarog
zarog

12.13.2011 | 1:31 PM ET

^ You'll get one. It will be Diaz's blood poured out all over the canvas.

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

12.13.2011 | 1:37 PM ET

i think diaz is tougher and has better cardio and jiu-jitsu. do you want to sig bet the man who is 8-0 and soon to be 9-0? i i think i just can't be beat. did you see fresno's new sig courtesy of me? i'm soo confident in this i wil make it two weeks for the winner. deal.

* Edited at 12.13.2011, 1:38 PM ET *

Hybrid
Hybrid
  • Predictions:  158  |  57.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1,437
  • Post Score: 236

12.13.2011 | 1:38 PM ET

Condit's a hard man to cut. Diaz cuts if you wave a feather at him. Diaz'll freaking passout from blood loss if the doctors don't call it.

"History boils down to a few really awesome people doing really awesome stuff, and a bunch of idiots messing it up for everyone else."

Hybrid
Hybrid
  • Predictions:  158  |  57.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1,437
  • Post Score: 236

12.13.2011 | 1:40 PM ET

@Wolfman People keep bringing up the BJJ edge for Diaz. My question is, why does that even matter? It won't go to the ground because Carlos won't take it there. Diaz is way too fond of fighting where the other fighter is best, and Condit is best at standup. He's too hardheaded to take Condit down if he ends up losing the standup against him.

"History boils down to a few really awesome people doing really awesome stuff, and a bunch of idiots messing it up for everyone else."

zarog
zarog

12.13.2011 | 1:41 PM ET

@wolfman You're on. Just a sig bet, correct? Two weeks? I'm cool with that.

Page 3

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : New Wave Jiu-Jitsu Dominate In Enigma Invitational 15 Results
  • MMA Mania : What’s Next For Matheus Nicolau?
  • Jits Magazine : IBJJF Brazilian National Championship (Brasileiro) 2024 Full Results And Review
  • MMA Mania : Borralho Vs. Craig Betting Odds, Breakdown, Prediction
  • MMA Mania : Inspirational Pereira ‘Not Worried’ About Legacy Talk
  • MMA Mania : White ‘Probably A Little Mad’ About McGregor BKFC Deal
  • MMAFighting.com : Jairzinho Rozenstruik plans to reconnect with ‘my real power source’ in Suriname, return against a top heavyweight
  • MMA Junkie : Karine Silva will keep 'unreachable' callout secret for one more fight after UFC on ESPN 55
  • MMA Mania : Matches To Make After UFC Vegas 91
  • MMA Mania : Matches To Maker After UFC Vegas 91
  • MMA Junkie : Ketlen Souza unwilling to take breaks after scoring first octagon win at UFC on ESPN 55
  • MMAFighting.com : Bogdan Guskov promises to keep delivering exciting fights after UFC Vegas 91 win: ‘I love blood’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 winner Maheshate felt 'extra burden' after consecutive losses
  • MMA Mania : Covington On ‘Nobody’ Garry: ‘He’s Not Serious’
  • MMAFighting.com : Bryan Barberena announces UFC exit, calls for ‘real brawler’ BKFC battle with Mike Perry
  • MMA Junkie : Austin Hubbard admits he was 'super nervous, stressed out' before UFC on ESPN 55 win
  • MMA Junkie : Charly Arnolt details historic impromptu UFC cage announcer role: 'I was scared of messing up'
  • MMAFighting.com : Paddy Pimblett responds to UFC 300 callouts from Renato Moicano, Bobby Green
  • MMA Junkie : 'LokDog' Vinicius Oliveira gets Ricky Simon in first fight since UFC Knockout of the Year candidate
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 winner Don'Tale Mayes wants quick return on hometown Louisville card