Topic: Chisora vs. Parker

Chisora vs. Parker

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,014
  • Post Score: 47

03.20.2021 | 3:39 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
Chisora vs. Parker
  • Saturday 05.01.2021 at 04:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: DAZN
  • Promotion: Matchroom Boxing
  • Ownership: Matchroom Sport
  • Venue: Manchester Arena
  • Enclosure: Ring
  • TV Announcers: Nick Halling, Chris Lloyd, Paul Smith
  • Ring Announcer: David Diamante
  • Matchmaker: Christian Cherchi
  • Boxing Bouts: 8
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
(Boxing)   Joseph Parker  defeats  Derek Chisora via Decision, Split   12 Rounds, 36:00 Total Bout Page
(Boxing)   Katie Taylor  defeats  Natasha Jonas via Decision, Unanimous   10 Rounds, 20:00 Total Bout Page
(Boxing)   Dmitry Bivol  defeats  Craig Richards via Decision, Unanimous   12 Rounds, 36:00 Total Bout Page
(Boxing)   Chris Eubank Jr.  defeats  Marcus Morrison via Decision, Unanimous   10 Rounds, 30:00 Total Bout Page
(Boxing)   Jovanni Straffon  defeats  James Tennyson via KO/TKO, Left Hook   2:10 Round 1 of 12 Bout Page
(Boxing)   Campbell Hatton  defeats  Levi Dunn via Decision, Points   4 Rounds, 12:00 Total Bout Page
(Boxing)   Johnny Fisher  defeats  Phil Williams via KO/TKO   1:46 Round 3 of 4, 7:46 Total Bout Page
(Boxing)   Scott Fitzgerald  defeats  Gregory Trenel via KO/TKO   2:43 Round 3 of 8, 8:43 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 2

Mikey1903
Mikey1903
  • Predictions:  48,842  |  73.1%
  • Forum Posts:  9,117
  • Post Score: 300

05.01.2021 | 1:24 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 8 Winners, 3 Perfect, 400 Points   |   Tied for 93rd

WE HAVE A WAR BREAKING OUT RIGHT FROM THE JUMP!!!! 

"Sometimes maybe good, sometimes maybe ****! "

Mikey1903
Mikey1903

05.01.2021 | 1:25 PM ET

Another Mexican banger!!!! Oh ****!!! 

2021.05.01 1:25 PM ET

bout result

Jovanni Straffon defeats James Tennyson via KO/TKO at 2:10 of Round 1
TARTARA
TARTARA
  • Predictions:  53,876  |  69.0%
  • Forum Posts:  5,186
  • Post Score: 65

05.01.2021 | 1:51 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 8 Winners, 5 Perfect, 505 Points   |   Tied for 7th with 2 others

LoL

"KURZHAAR - Tomorrow Never Comes Until It's Too Late"

2021.05.01 1:58 PM ET

bout result

Johnny Fisher defeats Phil Williams via KO/TKO at 1:46 of Round 3
2021.05.01 3:16 PM ET

bout result

Dmitry Bivol defeats Craig Richards via 12 Round Decision
2021.05.01 4:19 PM ET

bout result

Chris Eubank Jr. defeats Marcus Morrison via 10 Round Decision
2021.05.01 4:51 PM ET

bout result

Campbell Hatton defeats Levi Dunn via 4 Round Decision
Gtroniqz
Gtroniqz
  • Predictions:  292  |  61.6%
  • Forum Posts:  141
  • Post Score: 201

05.01.2021 | 5:09 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 8 Winners, 5 Perfect, 490 Points   |   Tied for 15th with 18 others

Marcus Morrison has a chin of granite , hope he gets better fights , He did well against Eubank
Mikey1903
Mikey1903

05.01.2021 | 5:44 PM ET

Great fight between Taylor and Jonas!!!

Why was this not main event?? Also can we get 3 minute rounds for the women now

I think Taylor won by a round, Could be a draw. Really close fight, another reason 3 minute rounds and 12 round Championship fights are needed 

2021.05.01 5:45 PM ET

bout result

Katie Taylor defeats Natasha Jonas via 10 Round Decision
2021.05.01 7:01 PM ET

bout result

Joseph Parker defeats Derek Chisora via 12 Round Decision
Mikey1903
Mikey1903

05.01.2021 | 7:01 PM ET

Crock of ****!!! Chisora won that fight 

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

05.01.2021 | 7:03 PM ET

Yep. Outright ******* larceny. 
This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 1 week, 3 days, and 56 minutes from now.
Cheeseball
Cheeseball
  • Predictions:  13,293  |  71.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,944
  • Post Score: 247

05.01.2021 | 7:39 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 8 Winners, 5 Perfect, 505 Points   |   Tied for 7th with 2 others

"🌽⚽️"

Gtroniqz
Gtroniqz
  • Predictions:  292  |  61.6%
  • Forum Posts:  141
  • Post Score: 201

05.02.2021 | 3:50 AM ET

Predictions: 7 of 8 Winners, 5 Perfect, 490 Points   |   Tied for 15th with 18 others

I agree , was a robbery and I felt bad for Chisora at the end πŸ˜• he put in a serious shift I had him up 2 rounds 
Mikey1903
Mikey1903

05.02.2021 | 9:41 AM ET

Yup, Chisora must be the first Brit to get robbed by his own judges!!! I don't know why Parker seems to always get these decisions in his favour??
I know Chisora style is ugly as hell but Parker was dropped and totally out worked the 1st half of the fight and Chisora won the last round, that's at least 6 rounds with a Knockdown. How do you lose that?

I can't help but feel that Chisora being such an awkward, grumpy **** as a person goes against him. That the commission, judges just don't like him

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry
  • Predictions:  41,304  |  69.2%
  • Forum Posts:  7,313
  • Post Score: 285

05.02.2021 | 6:42 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 8 Winners, 5 Perfect, 475 Points   |   Tied for 43rd with 5 others

@Mikey1903

Yeah, I feel bad for him as I don't like him as a person and I'm not exactly a fan of him but he definitely won that fight and I can't help but feel that he's lost all chance of getting another big payday now. I'd like to see him VS Parker 2 but I don't know if it will happen though. 

"I wish you good luck but I don't want you to rely on luck"

JayHyde3858
JayHyde3858
  • Predictions:  2,272  |  77.1%
  • Forum Posts:  1,238
  • Post Score: 161

05.02.2021 | 7:57 PM ET

Why the hell did James Tennyson decide to stand and bang and trade leather in the centre of the Ring with an unknown Mexican whose ledger showed he could punch with a lot of power? Answer, because he started to believe his own hype, as per the usual case and his sense of invincibility and listened too much to Johnny Nelson saying after his last fight and 1st Round KO Win against an overmatched Josh O'Reilly back in December 2020, on the AJ Vs Pulev Undercard, that Nelson thought he would stand a chance at beating a Fighter like Gervonta 'Tank' Davis... I'm sorry to inform you James, but if you were ever to face Tank Davis the outcome would be the same result as you fared in your fight with Jovanni Straffon... A punishing KO defeat and in quick fashion too... The fight should have been stopped after the huge Knockdown as well, because sadly Tennyson was out, off his feet and falling about for 6-7 seconds all over the place, whilst on the floor... Tennyson needs to work heavily on his defence, distance control, footwork, head movement and Ring IQ, so that will keep him busy in the Gym and at the Drawing Board for a while... Meanwhile, Jovanni Straffon certainly has a good chin, showed great accuracy with his shots, used excellent shot selection to cause the damage to Tennyson, had tremendous hunger, desire and heart to apply a greater will over his opponent and has decent natural power that he displayed to full effect... He was also 80/1 with William Hill to achieve a Round 1 KO/TKO finish over James Tennyson and I am gutted I missed the opportunity to lay money on it... Congrats to another tough, determined Mexican, Jovanni Straffon and commiserations to James Tennyson, but as stated, there is a tremendous amount of work for James to work on moving forward πŸ€”πŸ§πŸ€‘πŸ’―πŸ’·πŸ’°πŸ₯ŠπŸ‘ŠπŸ‘

* Edited at 05.02.2021, 7:59 PM ET *

"If you find yourself in a fairly even fight... You didn't plan your mission properly!! πŸ₯ŠπŸ‘ŠπŸ‘"

JayHyde3858
JayHyde3858

05.03.2021 | 3:02 AM ET

Johnny ' The Romford' Bull Fisher achieved another good Stoppage victory, as he Stopped long time journeyman Heavyweight Phil Williams in the 3rd Round of a one sided 4 Round contest... Williams who is very capable of surviving 4 Round contests against new prospects, took the fight on less than 10 Days notice and this was apparent, as the 19 + Stone Heavyweight was literally out of gas after the very 1st Round... It was remarkable that Williams lasted until Round 3 to be honest with you, but his performance against his opponent always gives a good assessment of the potential of his challenger, who more often than Not ends up as the Victor... At 21 Years of age, Johnny Fisher has a lot going for him... Like Hughie Fury, he his young, 6ft 5", likes to fight and is  progressing well in the very early stages of his Pro Boxing career... That's where the similarities end however, because Johnny Fisher can also whack and with nearly every punch, he his trying to take your head off with his massive backhand straight Right Hand... In this last fight against Williams, Fisher secured the Stoppage victory with his heavy arsenal, which ultimately slowed his opponent down to a standstill, but moving forward, I personally would like to see 'The Romford Bull', who only ever had 4 Amateur Boxing bouts, Won 3 via 1st Round Stoppage and Lost 1 via a Split Points Decision, improve his Boxing technique, by leading with a Jab more often, which appears to be an effective weapon when used... He also needs to show variation in his work, both with punch selection and with the amount of power he chooses to apply per shot, as in this last fight, he became very trigger happy with the Big Backhand Right, but as he goes up the levels, even domestically, future opponents will Not allow him to just use them as a Punchbag, without firing back and testing Fisher's credentials to absorb punishment too... Fisher needs to pace himself a little more and utilise some additional Foot and Head movement, so that he becomes slightly lighter on his feet and his head is taken off center line, rather than remaining in one place as a target, but overall this last performance was an impressive, powerful run out and the future looks bright for the towering English man who just wants to fight... A Southern Area level Regional Title Fight in his next 3 - 4 Fights may lead to the start of Fisher fighting for Titles... The future does look bright for the young, heavy handed prospect though and Phil Williams can testify to that assessment... πŸ€”πŸ§πŸ€‘πŸ’·πŸ’°πŸ’―πŸ₯ŠπŸ‘ŠπŸ‘

* Edited at 05.03.2021, 3:04 AM ET *

"If you find yourself in a fairly even fight... You didn't plan your mission properly!! πŸ₯ŠπŸ‘ŠπŸ‘"

JayHyde3858
JayHyde3858

05.03.2021 | 3:22 AM ET

On the Undercard, before the PPV Show actually started, we witnessed the return, after 18 months out of the Ring, of the Mad Man, Scott Fitzgerald, who boxed his comeback fight against Frenchman, Gregory Trenel, as a slightly out of shape Super Middleweight, rather than at  Super Welterweight, where Fitzgerald as usually boxed throughout his Pro Boxing career. As always, Trenel came to fight and mix it with Fitzgerald, however, as often is the case, his lack of Firepower, coupled with his lack of Boxing ability and slow speed of hand was his undoing, as Fitzgerald worked a steady Round 1, before increasing his work rate slightly to soften up his opponent in Round 2 and then apply the finishing touches to Trenel, who he trapped against the Ropes towards the end of Round 3, where Fitzgerald used Trenel as target practice, until the Referee, Steve Gray, called a halt to proceedings, with the Frenchman remaining stationery against the Ropes, taking punishment, without firing back and without defending himself enough to stop the Shots landing clean around the side of his head... Fitzgerald needs to slowly lose some more excess weight in my opinion, as his body shape, combined with his height make him a natural Super Welterweight... If he his to achieve his potential, Scott also needs to dedicate himself to the Sport, as Boxing is Not a game and it is that discipline that allows you to excel, or take a beating against an opponent... A great comeback opponent for Fitz to tackle and it was good matchmaking by Matchroom Sport. It was also great to watch Fitzgerald take care of Trenel in a short amount of time, which was good to see, as I expected the contest to at least go into the middle Rounds, but Scott came to impress and Not waste time labouring through Round after Round against a limited opponent who was Not capable of teaching Scott anything new... I look forward to watching Scott fight his way up the ladder of success once again, as he works his way towards British Title level at Super Welterweight over the next 12 - 18 monthsπŸ€”πŸ§πŸ€‘πŸ’·πŸ’°πŸ’―πŸ₯ŠπŸ‘ŠπŸ‘

* Edited at 05.03.2021, 3:31 AM ET *

Mikey1903
Mikey1903

05.03.2021 | 1:39 PM ET

Jay, Who do you think won the Chisora Parker fight? Do you agree with me that Chisora deserved it for his early pressure or Parker for winning the late rounds mainly because Chisora gassed!? 

JayHyde3858
JayHyde3858

05.03.2021 | 3:38 PM ET

Hi Mikey, I haven't watched the Fight back since it aired on Saturday Evening, which I like to do in order to make a proper assessment, but on the night, I scored it 7 Rounds to 5 to Joseph Parker, for his higher work rate, cleaner shots and higher quality Boxing, especially in the second half of the contest... With the Knockdown in the 1st Round that Chisora scored over Parker, I therefore scored it 114 - 113 to Joseph Parker and I felt that the contest was very closely fought... I was hoping that a Draw would be announced, so that Derek could get some form of result from the bout for a change, but ultimately his slugging doesn't edge higher quality Boxing, especially after the halfway mark, when Derek does tend to gas and labour until the end of the bout, fighting in spurts rather than all out for at least 2 minutes of the Round... πŸ€”πŸ§πŸ€‘πŸ’·πŸ’―πŸ₯ŠπŸ‘ŠπŸ‘

Mikey1903
Mikey1903

05.03.2021 | 3:58 PM ET

Fair enough bud.
Like I said I thought Chisora deserved the win. I know his style is ugly AF but he outlanded Parker and its about landing punches.
Was a close fight tho

kkarag01
kkarag01
  • Predictions:  24  |  79.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1
  • Post Score: 400

05.03.2021 | 5:29 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 7 Winners, 4 Perfect, 400 Points   |   Tied for 93rd

Chisora won. I had money on Parker... but in all honesty the rounds were pretty clear to score. 1-5 +12 to chisora. the remaining 6 to parker. But chisora scored a knockdown, which means he won 114-113.... Anyway,
JayHyde3858
JayHyde3858

05.03.2021 | 5:35 PM ET

If Parker and Chisora do rematch, I personally think Parker will beat Chisora even easier next time, because Parker is the younger, fresher, more athletic fighter and after sharing the Ring with Chisora for 12 Rounds, he will know how to outperform him easier next time, by outboxing him clearly, rather than looking too intensely for the Knockout... He also has an higher ceiling in his ability and Chisora can't improve his fitness any further than what he has shown in his last few fights, because he has too much mileage on his clock and he has competed in too many heavy duty Wars... Always fun to watch though, even to the very end... πŸ€”πŸ€‘πŸ’―πŸ₯ŠπŸ‘ŠπŸ‘

JayHyde3858
JayHyde3858

05.03.2021 | 5:40 PM ET

I had money on Parker for a Points Win, or a Draw... I really wanted that Draw... Some of the Rounds were really really close and down to interpretation and what you like from a fighter... Chisora would Win a lot of his bouts based on effort alone, but with regards to total clean punches landed, quality of punches connected and overall Boxing technique, I felt that Parker just did enough for me πŸ€”πŸ€‘πŸ§πŸ’―πŸ₯ŠπŸ‘ŠπŸ‘

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Exclusive: Jamahal Hill Brutally Honest On UFC 300 Regrets, Who Should Be Next For Alex Pereira
  • MMA Mania : PFL MENA Inaugural Event Set For May 10 In Riyadh
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive – Jamahal Hill Talks β€˜Crazy’ BMF Title Clash at UFC 300, Comments on Ryan Garcia’s Epic Troll Job
  • MMA Junkie : Michael Bisping warns Michael Chandler not to underestimate Conor McGregor: 'Can't be drunk on your own ego'
  • Bad Left Hook : β€˜What goes around comes around’: Prograis says karma caught up to Haney in Garcia fight
  • Bad Left Hook : β€˜What goes around comes around’: Regis Prograis says karma caught up to Devin Haney
  • MMA Mania : β€˜Stop Running!’ Vieira Claims Harrison Declined UFC 303 Fight Offer
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Jamahal Hill On Fighting Khalil Rountree So Soon At UFC 303, Rejecting A Main Event
  • MMA Junkie : Karine Silva explains how fast UFC rise was actually deceivingly long
  • MMA Junkie : Marlon Vera calls out Petr Yan for November showdown after he previously 'declined,' Yan fires back
  • MMA Mania : VIDEO: Strongman Hall Breaks Pereira Punch Record ... Kind Of
  • MMAFighting.com : Coach Rafael Cordeiro: Beneil Dariush took time off after repeated head trauma in 2023
  • UFC.com : It’s Not Just Winning For Victor Henry, It’s How He Wins
  • MMA Junkie : Title or not, Jamahal Hill says Alex Pereira rematch has to happen
  • MMA Mania : Video: Hill Praises Pereira’s β€˜Gritty’ UFC 300 Ref Block
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch Mike Perry, Thiago Alves engage in tense faceoff ahead of BKFC KnuckleMania IV showdown
  • MMA Junkie : Video: BKFC KnuckleMania 4 press conference faceoffs featuring UFC vets Mike Perry, Thiago Alves
  • MMA Junkie : Uros Medic: 'Somebody is going to get oiled up' if I get snubbed of bonus at UFC on ESPN 55
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC Louisville announced with 13 fights already booked for the card
  • MMA Junkie : Jose Aldo hopes Conor McGregor 'of old' shows up vs. Michael Chandler at UFC 303