Tapology Forums

The PPC Thread

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry
  • Predictions:  41,394  |  69.2%
  • Forum Posts:  7,330
  • Post Score: 285

03.01.2021 | 1:12 PM ET

This is the official thread for the PPC (Pink Prediction Championship) fantasy game series that I run. I have listed all the previous winners of the PPC on my profile page and will continue to update it after every PPC. If anyone wants to know any other stats or records about the PPC, just ask!

The PPC (Pink Prediction Championship) is a points-based game where up to 16 users compete. It’s free to enter but then again there are also no chips to be won but for what it’s worth, I’ll follow the winner (or winners in the event of a tie) of each PPC, along with a congratulations comment on their wall and an invite to the next PPC. 2nd and 3rd place (including any joint 2nd or 3rd places) will get a congratulations comment on their wall. The reason for this is that I don’t want anyone to want to join the game but not being able to afford to while also still having some kind of prize structure (although not much of one) but it is just a friendly competition after all! The only people to get invites will be the previous champion (or champions in the event of a tie) because I want to make this an open competition and if I invited everyone I wanted to invite then all 16 places would fill up very quickly.

Every PPC is made up of:

• 1 MMA event

• 1 Boxing event

• 1 UFC event

The idea is that this should test your general MMA knowledge (1 MMA event), your Boxing knowledge (1 Boxing event) and your mainstream MMA knowledge (1 UFC event) so that in theory, the winner of each PPC is the one with the best all-round combat sports knowledge.

There is also a PPC group that anyone is welcome to join (I’ll accept all requests. If I don’t accept you straight away, it’s because I’m either at work, sleeping or otherwise busy). This group will have a records thread that lists the full tables of every PPC and any other random threads that are created by the members. The group leaderboard will only include the MMA/Boxing/UFC events used in the PPC’s. You can find it in the Pick ‘Em Groups section.

This is designed as a friendly league and is solely for fun. Hopefully it will also act as a good introduction to the fantasy games for new users or users that have never taken part in fantasy games before while also providing an opportunity for them to meet regular fantasy players. If you are looking for a fantasy game with some fantasy chips involved, then I highly recommend the “Most Painful Picks” and “Seagalski Elimination Series” run by Steven Seagalski, the “Shark Cups” run by Rombu and the monthly boxing games and UFC games run by Mikey1903 they are well worth checking out! Ask them for more info on their respective fantasy competitions.

There will only be one PPC running at any one time otherwise I’d just confuse myself. If you have any questions, even stupid ones, just ask! Anyway, if you’re interested then head on over to the fantasy games and look for one titled “PPC” followed by a number. I hope to see you soon and good luck!

* Edited at 03.01.2021, 1:13 PM ET *

"I wish you good luck but I don't want you to rely on luck"

Responses Page 19

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

06.18.2023 | 9:20 AM ET

PPC 126 Results!

Congratulations to
@tepid55 
for winning his 7th PPC Title! He also won @Bellatrix's Haymaker game this week as well so he's done a double this week! As the current PPC Champion, you will recieve an invite to the PPC 127 when I set it up shortly!

Well done as well to
@Schatte 
for finishing 2nd and
@PriscillaMello 
for finishing 3rd!

As for our ghost player
@Cheeseball 
, he finished in 15th place with 2,685 points.

Finally, I just want to say a huge thank you to everyone for taking part and I hope to see you in the PPC 127!

The full PPC 126 table can be found here:
https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/61456

For those who can access it, the ghost player version can be found here:
https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/61481

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

06.18.2023 | 9:50 AM ET

The PPC 127 is now open!

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

06.26.2023 | 5:36 AM ET

PPC 127 Results!

The Brave CF results are in now and there's a new name in the long list of PPC Champions! Congratulations to @notmise for winning his first ever PPC Title! As the current PPC Champion, you will receive an invite to the PPC 128 when I set it up later tonight when I get back from work!

Well done as well to @UNDER SURVEILLANCE for finishing 2nd and to @Jonnnybo6969 for finishing 3rd!

As for our ghost player, @TARTARA finished in joint 4th with 3,500 points.

Finally, I just want to say a huge thank you to everyone for taking part and I hope to see ypu in the PPC 128 when I set it up later tonight!

The full PPC 127 table can be found here:
https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/61675

For those who can access it, the PPC 127 ghost players copy of the game can be found here:
https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/61677

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

06.26.2023 | 9:11 PM ET

The PPC 128 is now open!

Sigu
Sigu
  • Predictions:  17,951  |  79.1%
  • Forum Posts:  177
  • Post Score: 203

06.30.2023 | 8:20 AM ET

@Stephen Terry 
a ticket for the Ghost train, please
Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

06.30.2023 | 8:25 AM ET

@Sigu 

Sure thing mate! I've sent you an invite to the ghost player copy of the game and good luck! 

Sigu
Sigu

06.30.2023 | 10:56 AM ET

@Stephen Terry, ein rosarotes danke.

Viel Erfolg Sir
phathazey
phathazey
  • Predictions:  889  |  68.4%
  • Forum Posts:  13
  • Post Score: 338

06.30.2023 | 3:29 PM ET

Yo is there still a way to join for PPC 128?
Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

06.30.2023 | 7:30 PM ET

@phathazey 

Sure thing mate! I've sent you an invite to the ghost player copy of the game with the events on so you can play as a ghost player if you join that before the first event starts (Cage Warriors 156 in about 12 hours). Good luck!

phathazey
phathazey
  • Predictions:  889  |  68.4%
  • Forum Posts:  13
  • Post Score: 338

06.30.2023 | 9:55 PM ET

Nice one mate I've joined and done my picks.
Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

07.01.2023 | 2:43 AM ET

@phathazey 

Cool, good luck mate! 

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

07.02.2023 | 6:56 PM ET

PPC 128 Results!

After a lot of drama both in the cage and the comments section, we have a winner! Congratulations to @Kairos El for winning his 5th PPC Title! As the current PPC Champion, you will receive an invite to the PPC 129 when I set it up shortly!

Well done as well to @notmise for finishing 2nd and coming within 50 points from defending his title! After checking the ghost players scores,
@Sigu 
just managed to claim 3rd place by just 5 points with 2,105 points!

As for our other ghost players outside of the top 3, @Steven Seagalski finished 9th with 1,985 points, @TARTARA got 1,960 points and @phathazey finished in 14th with 1,885 points.

Finally, I just want to say a huge thank you to everyone for taking part and I hope to see you in the PPC 129 when I set it up shortly!

The full PPC 128 table can be found here:
https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/61893

For those who can access it, the PPC 128 ghost player copy of the game can be found here:
https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/61894

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

07.02.2023 | 7:44 PM ET

The PPC 129 is now open!

Bellatrix
Bellatrix
  • Predictions:  3,001  |  66.7%
  • Forum Posts:  878
  • Post Score: 327

07.05.2023 | 10:12 AM ET

Stephen, can you please add me as a ghost player?  Thank you!

"While I Have Breath, I Have Hope."

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

07.05.2023 | 9:32 PM ET

@Bellatrix 

Of course you can! I've sent you an invite to the ghost player copy of the game and good luck!

Sigu
Sigu

07.07.2023 | 5:50 PM ET

@Stephen Terry, one Fast and Furiosigu 👻 ticket,please
Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

07.08.2023 | 8:11 PM ET

@Sigu 

Sorry for the late reply as I was out getting drunk last night and was working all day today so I didn't have time to invite you to the ghost player copy of the game but you asked at 5:50pm ET and the first event in the game started at 9:00pm ET so seeing as you got your request in before the first event, I'll let you join! I'll just have to add up your scores separately, the like I used to before. Good luck!

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

07.08.2023 | 8:20 PM ET

For anyone wondering, this is a great excuse to open up "The Unified Rules of the Pink Prediction Championship". In it, Rule 3b states:

"Eligibility: In order to play as a ghost player, the user must let me know before the start of the first event in the PPC. They can do this by making a comment requesting to play in the comments section of the PPC, requesting to play in the PPC Thread, requesting to play by commenting on my profile wall or otherwise contacting me directly. Anyone wishing to join as a ghost player after the first event in the PPC has stated will not be included in the game. The start time of the first event will be taken as the start time listed on Tapology so if Tapology has listed the event as starting at 8:00pm ET and your comment to request to play is time stamped at 8:01pm ET then you will not be eligible. I know that seems harsh but I’ve got to draw the line somewhere."

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

07.10.2023 | 9:41 AM ET

PPC 129 Results!

Congratulations to
@PriscillaMello 
for winning the PPC 129! This is now your 3rd PPC Title overall! As the current PPC Champion, you will recieve an invite to the PPC 130 when I set it up shortly!

Well done to @notmisery for finishing 2nd which means he's now finished in the top 3 of for the last 3 weeks! Well done as well to @Judo for finishing 3rd!

As for our ghost players,
@Bellatrix 
finished in 11th with 3,020 points and
@Sigu 
finished in 15th with 1,530 points.

Finally, I just want to say a huge thank you to everyone for taking part and I hope to see you in the PPC 130!

The full PPC 129 table can be found here:
https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/62058

For those who can access it, the PPC ghost players copy of the game can found here:#
https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/62125

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

07.10.2023 | 10:08 AM ET

The PPC 130 is now open!

Page 19

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : Diogo Reis Reveals Striking Training And Hints At MMA Debut
  • Bad Left Hook : P4P Top 10: Haney tumbles out, top stars take spotlight in May
  • Jits Magazine : WWE Superstar MVP Promoted To BJJ Black Belt
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘People die, this isn’t a joking matter’: Devin Haney on Garcia’s failed drug test
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: People Die In This Sport
  • Middle Easy : Ryan Garcia Tests Positive for Banned Substance Ahead of Haney Fight, Denies Any Wrongdoing
  • MMA Mania : Cursed? Not Even Poatan Could Save UFC 301
  • MMA Junkie : MMA Junkie's Submission of the Month for April: One former UFC champ makes another tap for the first time
  • MMA Mania : ‘Big Lies!’ Garcia Reportedly Tests Positive For PEDs, Boxer Responds
  • MMA Junkie : Paul Hughes explains choosing PFL over UFC offer: 'I deserve to get compensated'
  • MMAFighting.com : Ryan Garcia tests positive for banned substance in Devin Haney fight, Garcia responds
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘These are people that are trying to attack me’: Garcia claims fake news on positive PED report
  • MMAFighting.com : No Bets Barred: Will Jose Aldo and Alexandre Pantoja give Brazil something to cheer about at UFC 301?
  • MMA Junkie : Reports: Ryan Garcia tested positive for PEDs in upset win over Devin Haney
  • Bad Left Hook : Report: Ryan Garcia tests positive for banned PED
  • MMA Mania : Topuria Denies Refusal Of Volk, Holloway Responds To ‘B—ching Motherf—ker’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301's Steve Erceg aware of unusual title shot opportunity, still feels pressure to win
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 fight card: Pantoja vs. Erceg
  • UFC.com : UFC Championship Fights That Have Happened In Rio de Janeiro
  • MMAFighting.com : Alex Pereira takes down Daniel Cormier in UFC 301 hallway tussle