Tapology Forums

The PPC Thread

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry
  • Predictions:  41,304  |  69.2%
  • Forum Posts:  7,311
  • Post Score: 285

03.01.2021 | 1:12 PM ET

This is the official thread for the PPC (Pink Prediction Championship) fantasy game series that I run. I have listed all the previous winners of the PPC on my profile page and will continue to update it after every PPC. If anyone wants to know any other stats or records about the PPC, just ask!

The PPC (Pink Prediction Championship) is a points-based game where up to 16 users compete. It’s free to enter but then again there are also no chips to be won but for what it’s worth, I’ll follow the winner (or winners in the event of a tie) of each PPC, along with a congratulations comment on their wall and an invite to the next PPC. 2nd and 3rd place (including any joint 2nd or 3rd places) will get a congratulations comment on their wall. The reason for this is that I don’t want anyone to want to join the game but not being able to afford to while also still having some kind of prize structure (although not much of one) but it is just a friendly competition after all! The only people to get invites will be the previous champion (or champions in the event of a tie) because I want to make this an open competition and if I invited everyone I wanted to invite then all 16 places would fill up very quickly.

Every PPC is made up of:

• 1 MMA event

• 1 Boxing event

• 1 UFC event

The idea is that this should test your general MMA knowledge (1 MMA event), your Boxing knowledge (1 Boxing event) and your mainstream MMA knowledge (1 UFC event) so that in theory, the winner of each PPC is the one with the best all-round combat sports knowledge.

There is also a PPC group that anyone is welcome to join (I’ll accept all requests. If I don’t accept you straight away, it’s because I’m either at work, sleeping or otherwise busy). This group will have a records thread that lists the full tables of every PPC and any other random threads that are created by the members. The group leaderboard will only include the MMA/Boxing/UFC events used in the PPC’s. You can find it in the Pick ‘Em Groups section.

This is designed as a friendly league and is solely for fun. Hopefully it will also act as a good introduction to the fantasy games for new users or users that have never taken part in fantasy games before while also providing an opportunity for them to meet regular fantasy players. If you are looking for a fantasy game with some fantasy chips involved, then I highly recommend the “Most Painful Picks” and “Seagalski Elimination Series” run by Steven Seagalski, the “Shark Cups” run by Rombu and the monthly boxing games and UFC games run by Mikey1903 they are well worth checking out! Ask them for more info on their respective fantasy competitions.

There will only be one PPC running at any one time otherwise I’d just confuse myself. If you have any questions, even stupid ones, just ask! Anyway, if you’re interested then head on over to the fantasy games and look for one titled “PPC” followed by a number. I hope to see you soon and good luck!

* Edited at 03.01.2021, 1:13 PM ET *

"I wish you good luck but I don't want you to rely on luck"

Responses Page 15

Hippie
Hippie

01.01.2023 | 7:39 PM ET

I’ll give it another run..
AxaFin
AxaFin
  • Predictions:  1,499  |  59.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1,798
  • Post Score: 144

01.01.2023 | 7:45 PM ET

This starting again? I've never done a proper fantasy thing so I would be interested.

"I've lost 7000€ on Jared Cannonier."

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

01.01.2023 | 8:17 PM ET

@Hippie

Great to have you back in the game mate! Good luck!

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

01.01.2023 | 8:21 PM ET

@AxaFin

I've just sent you an invite to it! Basically, just pick the fights from the events (which are the main noteworthy MMA and boxing events in the upcoming week) in the game and whoever has the most total points wins! Unlike some games that require chips to enter, the PPC's are always free to enter so you can always take part! They happen about once a week depending on when the results come in. It'd be great to have you in the game!

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

01.16.2023 | 12:20 PM ET

PPC 105 Results!

Sorry about the delay, it was partly because we were waiting ages for the Peak Fighting 25 results to come in and partly because on Friday I went round one of my mates and got ****** up on some Jamaican rum that his family had sent him over, resulting in my first ever full weekend long hangover lol! Congratulations to @Hippie for winning his first ever PPC Title! This is also the first time he's finished in the top 3 of a PPC game as well! As the current PPC Champion, you will receive an invite to the PPC 106 when I set it up shortly!

Well done as well to @PriscillaMello for finishing in 2nd and to @Nuggetheel for finishing 3rd! Coincidentally, this also marks the first time that @Nuggetheel has finished in the top 3 so well done on breaking that milestone!

As for our ghost player @Judo, he finished in 16th with 405 points but only because he only picked the UFC so I'm sure it would've been much higher if he'd picked the other events.

Finally, I just want to say a massive thank you to you all for your patience and for taking part and I hope to see you in the PPC 106 when I set it up shortly!

The full PPC 105 table can be found here:
https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/56142

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

01.16.2023 | 12:37 PM ET

The PPC 106 is now open!

The PPC 106 is a 6 event game. The events are:

• Invicta FC 51: Tennant VS Bernardo
  • Ares FC 11: Abdoul VS Haratyk
  • ShoBox New Generation (boxing)
  • KSW 78: Materla VS Grove 2
  • Eubank Jr. VS Smith (boxing)
  • UFC 283: Teixeira VS Hill

Good luck everyone!
https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/56372

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

01.22.2023 | 8:15 PM ET

PPC 106 Results!

Congratulations to @Kairos El for winning his 4th PPC Title! It was a very hard fought and well deserved win! As the current PPC Champion, you will receive an invite to the PPC 107 when I set it up shortly!

Well done as well to @Shelter and @pureincognito who finished in 2nd and 3rd respectively!

There were no ghost players in this game so that just leaves me to say a massive thank you to everyone for taking part and I hope to see you in the PPC 107 when I set it up shortly!

The full PPC 106 table can be found here:
https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/56372

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

01.22.2023 | 8:37 PM ET

The PPC 107 is now open!

The PPC 107 is a 5 event game. The events are:

• ACA 151: Abiltarov VS Gomes
  • PFL Challenger Series 2023: Week 1
  • Beterbiev VS Yarde (boxing)
  • LFA 151: Delano VS Santos
  • Golden Boy Fight Night: Rocha VS Young (boxing)

Good luck everyone!
https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/56636

Hippie
Hippie

01.23.2023 | 10:49 AM ET

@Terry
I tried to enter but it reads:You already declined an invite to this game

Or maybe it’s already full.. 😎 

* Edited at 01.23.2023, 10:50 AM ET *

Schatte
Schatte
  • Predictions:  66,352  |  70.3%
  • Forum Posts:  467
  • Post Score: 321

01.23.2023 | 12:54 PM ET

It is full @Hippie, but I'm sure Mr. Terry will add you as a ghost player

"A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at. ― Bruce Lee"

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

01.23.2023 | 8:38 PM ET

@Hippie

Yeah, I'll add you as a ghost player for sure! here's the link to the game so you can keep up by clicking on it and checking the scores and what events are about to start. Good luck!

Hippie
Hippie

01.23.2023 | 8:46 PM ET

@Terry
Thx mate! 😎 
Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

01.23.2023 | 8:47 PM ET

@Hippie

No worries mate!

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

01.23.2023 | 8:49 PM ET

@Hippie

Basically, you just make the picks for the events and I just add your scores up myself rather than the game doing it automatically and then work out where you'd come in the table. 

It's a sort of work around of the 16 player limit on fantasy games.

* Edited at 01.23.2023, 8:50 PM ET *

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

01.23.2023 | 8:53 PM ET

I've also let @Judo join as a ghost player as well as he asked to join on my profile page so that's 18 of us now!

Hippie
Hippie

01.23.2023 | 8:55 PM ET

^

Gotcha! 
Thx for the explanation! 🤓
Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

01.29.2023 | 2:47 PM ET

PPC 107 Results!

Congratulations to @tepid55 for winning his 5th PPC Title! It was a very close game with only 10 points in it between 1st and 2nd but he held on for a hard fought win! As the current PPC Champion, you will receive an invite to the PPC 108 when I set it up shortly! 
  Well done as well to @Kairos El and @Steven Seagalski who both finished in joint 2nd and only 10 points behind @tepid55!
 As for our ghost players @Hippie finished in 13th with 1,785 points and @Judo finished in joint 6th with 2,230 points.

Finally, I just want to say a massive thank you to everyone for taking part and I hope to see you in the PPC 108 when I set it up shortly!

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

01.29.2023 | 3:02 PM ET

The PPC 108 is now open!

The PPC 108 is a 5 event game. The events are:

• Navarrete VS Wilson (boxing)
  • PFL Challenger Series 2022: Week 2
  • Bellator 290: Bader VS Emelianenko 2
  • Serrano VS Cruz (boxing)
  • UFC Fight Night: Lewis VS Spivac

Good luck!
https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/56724

Steven Seagalski
Steven Seagalski
  • Predictions:  11,407  |  71.2%
  • Forum Posts:  245
  • Post Score: 442

02.03.2023 | 7:39 PM ET

Should be a lot of fun. DON'T GET ELIMINATED!!!

"Rombu likes his clouds like I like my women.....Thick and White."

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

02.03.2023 | 7:45 PM ET

@Steven Seagalski

Let's hope so! Good luck mate!

Page 15

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Joaquin Buckley gets UFC on ESPN 56 co-main assignment vs. Nursulton Ruziboev
  • MMA Mania : Pereira = ... Askren? ‘It’s Weird To See’
  • MMA Junkie : Jose Aldo confirms UFC 301 final fight on contract, hints at boxing match at Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Run it back, give fans a fair fight’: Devin Haney on Ryan Garcia loss
  • UFC.com : Alexandre Pantoja | TUF Beginnings
  • MMA Junkie : Former UFC champion Cain Velasquez gets trial date in attempted murder case
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Love Dana White. There’s No Issues’
  • MMAFighting.com : TKO CEO Ari Emanuel earned nearly $65 million in compensation in 2023, including $20 million bonus from UFC
  • Middle Easy : Marlon Vera Calls Out Ex-UFC Champion for Bantamweight Title Eliminator at MSG in November
  • MMA Junkie : Alex Perez not surprised Steve Erceg got UFC title shot, despite Muhammad Mokaev's 'tougher resume'
  • Jits Magazine : PGF World Season 6: Best Of Day 2
  • MMA Junkie : Video: 'UFC on ESPN 55: Nicolau vs. Perez' media day interviews
  • UFC.com : Best UFC Fights To Happen In Rio de Janeiro | UFC Fight Pass
  • MMA Junkie : UFC champion Islam Makhachev not excited by potential Max Holloway matchup – not yet, at least
  • MMA Mania : Full PFL Uncasville Fight Card Revealed!
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 303: McGregor vs. Chandler official with 7 fights booked so far
  • MMA Mania : Bull-Riding Cerrone ‘Rushed Into Surgery’
  • MMA Junkie : Ex-Bellator title challenger Alejandra Lara gets replacement opponent for Combate Global debut
  • MMAFighting.com : Caio Borralho questions why Paulo Costa can’t fix ‘basic’ mistake that led Robert Whittaker loss
  • MMA Mania : How, When To Buy Tickets For UFC 303