Tapology Forums

The PPC Thread

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry
  • Predictions:  41,211  |  69.2%
  • Forum Posts:  7,305
  • Post Score: 284

03.01.2021 | 1:12 PM ET

This is the official thread for the PPC (Pink Prediction Championship) fantasy game series that I run. I have listed all the previous winners of the PPC on my profile page and will continue to update it after every PPC. If anyone wants to know any other stats or records about the PPC, just ask!

The PPC (Pink Prediction Championship) is a points-based game where up to 16 users compete. It’s free to enter but then again there are also no chips to be won but for what it’s worth, I’ll follow the winner (or winners in the event of a tie) of each PPC, along with a congratulations comment on their wall and an invite to the next PPC. 2nd and 3rd place (including any joint 2nd or 3rd places) will get a congratulations comment on their wall. The reason for this is that I don’t want anyone to want to join the game but not being able to afford to while also still having some kind of prize structure (although not much of one) but it is just a friendly competition after all! The only people to get invites will be the previous champion (or champions in the event of a tie) because I want to make this an open competition and if I invited everyone I wanted to invite then all 16 places would fill up very quickly.

Every PPC is made up of:

• 1 MMA event

• 1 Boxing event

• 1 UFC event

The idea is that this should test your general MMA knowledge (1 MMA event), your Boxing knowledge (1 Boxing event) and your mainstream MMA knowledge (1 UFC event) so that in theory, the winner of each PPC is the one with the best all-round combat sports knowledge.

There is also a PPC group that anyone is welcome to join (I’ll accept all requests. If I don’t accept you straight away, it’s because I’m either at work, sleeping or otherwise busy). This group will have a records thread that lists the full tables of every PPC and any other random threads that are created by the members. The group leaderboard will only include the MMA/Boxing/UFC events used in the PPC’s. You can find it in the Pick ‘Em Groups section.

This is designed as a friendly league and is solely for fun. Hopefully it will also act as a good introduction to the fantasy games for new users or users that have never taken part in fantasy games before while also providing an opportunity for them to meet regular fantasy players. If you are looking for a fantasy game with some fantasy chips involved, then I highly recommend the “Most Painful Picks” and “Seagalski Elimination Series” run by Steven Seagalski, the “Shark Cups” run by Rombu and the monthly boxing games and UFC games run by Mikey1903 they are well worth checking out! Ask them for more info on their respective fantasy competitions.

There will only be one PPC running at any one time otherwise I’d just confuse myself. If you have any questions, even stupid ones, just ask! Anyway, if you’re interested then head on over to the fantasy games and look for one titled “PPC” followed by a number. I hope to see you soon and good luck!

* Edited at 03.01.2021, 1:13 PM ET *

"I wish you good luck but I don't want you to rely on luck"

Responses Page 17

Sigu
Sigu
  • Predictions:  17,419  |  79.1%
  • Forum Posts:  175
  • Post Score: 205

03.29.2023 | 5:22 PM ET

Ja richtig, aber gewertet hat Tapology Round 2. Du kannst deine Punktzahl von Cage Warriors nachzählen, dann bemerkst du es.

Sigu
Sigu

03.29.2023 | 5:26 PM ET

Also Tapology zeigt es richtig an.
Doch zählt es TKO Round2
Sigu
Sigu

03.29.2023 | 5:28 PM ET

Matthew möge mir verzeihen und @Schatte zweimal mehr. 🙈
Sigu
Sigu

03.29.2023 | 5:56 PM ET

Cage Warriors 
@Schatte (365 -35) 330☑️
@pureincognito (315+35) 350☑️
@Schatte Bonner TKO2 65Points
@pureincognito Bonner TKO1 100Points
Sigu
Sigu

03.29.2023 | 7:48 PM ET

🥇 @pureincognito 4060points
🥈 @Schatte          4050Points
🥉 @PriscillaMello  4010Points
WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

03.30.2023 | 4:36 AM ET

Ist dies eine Straße, in der wir, die deutschen Männer der gehobenen Gesellschaft, uns versammeln können?

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

tepid55
tepid55
  • Predictions:  51,789  |  75.7%
  • Forum Posts:  2,337
  • Post Score: 168

03.30.2023 | 9:10 AM ET

When will the next PPC be available to join?
Schatte
Schatte
  • Predictions:  65,295  |  70.3%
  • Forum Posts:  465
  • Post Score: 320

03.30.2023 | 1:35 PM ET

With UFC off for a week, I assume Stephen Terry will start the next PPC on Sunday night/Monday morning

"A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at. ― Bruce Lee"

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

03.30.2023 | 7:01 PM ET

Sorry about the delay guys! I was originally going to do one for this week but **** hit the fan earlier this week while I was waiting for the Pancrase results to come in and haven't had the time to sort it out yet but I'll sort the PPC 115 out tonight and open the new one some point over the weekend, probably Sunday night. 

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

03.30.2023 | 7:55 PM ET

OK, I've looked into it and figured the best way to sort it will be to re-watch the fights in question and see if the site is updating the scores correctly at the moment. It's 1am already and I've gotta get up for work tomorrow so I'll probably do it some point either tomorrow or over the weekend when I've got a bit more time. They'll be a new one ready for next week one way or another, I'll make sure of that!

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

04.01.2023 | 12:04 PM ET

@Sigu's right. Tapology lists the right result but has awarded the points incorrectly

OK, I'll try and make it as simple as possible. I've gone though each fight on the card to double check and it turns out @Sigu is indeed correct! Basically, Bonner won by 1st round KO/TKO and Tapology lists this correctly on the site but everyone who picked that only got 65 points and everyone who picked him to win by 2nd round KO/TKO has mistakenly been awarded the full 100 points when they should've got 65.

Even though Tapology lists the correct results but it has awarded @Schatte the full 100 points for his 2nd Round KO/TKO pick in the Matthew Bonner VS Guilherme Cadena fight when he should've got 65 points for the correct fighter and method of victory and it has only awarded @pureincognito 65 points for his 1st Round KO/TKO pick in that fight when he should've got 100 points for getting the fighter, method and round correct.

Here's the predictions for the event for both @Schatte and @pureincognito. All the other fights seem to have added up correctly except for the Bonner VS Cadena fight. "Tapology Score" refers to the total that Tapology has awarded them and "Actual Score" refers to what the score should be. Just a reminder that the Tapology scoring system works like this:

Incorrect fighter regardless of correct rounds or methods - 0 points
Correct fighter only - 50 points
Correct fighter and either correct round OR method - 65 points
Correctly picking a fighter to win by decision - 75 points
Correctly picking the fighter, round and method - 100 points

Schatte
Tapology Score for Cage Warriors: 365
Actual Score For Cage Warriors: 330

pureincognito
Tapology Score for Cage Warriors: 315
Actual Score for Cage Warriors: 350

This basically means that @Schatte has been awarded 35 points more than he should've been and @pureincognito has been awarded 35 less than he should've been.

According to Tapology, @Schatte finished 1st with 4,085 points but once you take away the 35 points he's been awarded in error,@Schatte's final PPC score is 4,050.@pureincognito has been awarded a total of 4,025 points by Tapology but once you add the 35 points he should've been awarded,@pureincognito's final PPC score is 4,060.

@pureincognito has won the PPC 115 by 10 points!

As for 2nd and 3rd places:

ccollins44
Tapology Score for Cage Warriors: 365
Actual Score for Cage Warriors: 330

PriscillaMello
Tapology Score for Cage Warriors: 380
Actual Score for Cage Warriors: 415

@ccollins44 has been awarded the full 100 points for the Bonner VS Cadena fight when he only got the round and method correct. According to Tapology,@ccollins's final PPC score is 4,005 when it should've been 3,970.Tapology has also only given @PriscillaMelo 65 points for the Bonner VS Cadena fight when she should've got the full 100 for picking the fighter, round and method perfectly. According to Tapology,@PriscillaMelo's final PPC score is 3,975 when it should've been 4,010.

So @PriscillaMello has actually finished in 3rd and @ccollins has finished in 4th.

This means that the PPC top 4 should look like this:

1st: @pureincognito - 4,060
2nd @Schatte - 4,050
3rd @PriscillaMelo - 4,010
4th @ccollins44 - 3,970

There are probably more discrepancies further down the table because of this but the difference in points is great enough that they don't affect the top 3 any further. I hope I've written it out in a way that makes sense and is understandable. I also want to say a huge thank you to @Sigu for pointing this error out as I wouldn't have noticed otherwise! Hopfully Tapology will correct it at some point.

UNDER SURVEILLANCE
UNDER SURVEILLANCE
  • Predictions:  15,807  |  65.9%
  • Forum Posts:  2,057
  • Post Score: 65

04.01.2023 | 4:02 PM ET

THANK YOU

THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME AND CLARITY ON THE SUBJECT.

"It doesn't matter what part of the world we are from. We are brothers and sisters together as one." kjh Home of the Michigan Tech Huskies, Copper Kings and Portage Lake Pioneers! Go Teams!

pureincognito
pureincognito
  • Predictions:  33,122  |  74.3%
  • Forum Posts:  16
  • Post Score: 219

04.01.2023 | 10:47 PM ET

Lol, thanks Sigu! I wouldn't have noticed.
Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

04.02.2023 | 6:07 PM ET

The PPC 116 is now open!

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

04.09.2023 | 8:19 PM ET

PPC 116 Results!

Luckily this week's event went a lot smother than last time! Congratulations to @Sigu for winning the PPC 116! This is now your 7th PPC Title! As the current PPC Champion, you will receive an invite to the PPC 117 when I set it up shortly!

Well done as well to @Kairos El and @pureincognito for finishing in 2nd and 3rd respectively!

Finally, I just want to say a massive thank you to everyone for taking part and I hope to see you in the PPC 117 when I set it up shortly!

The full PPC 116 table can be found here:
https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/59112

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

04.09.2023 | 8:51 PM ET

The PPC 117 is now open!

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

04.16.2023 | 6:18 PM ET

PPC 117 Results!

Congratulations to @Judo for winning the PPC 117! This is now your 4th PPC Title! As the current PPC Champion, you will receive an invite to the PPC 118 when I set it up shortly!

Congratulations to @Cheeseball for finishing in 2nd and to @Shelter for finishing 3rd!

There were no ghost players in this game so that just leaves me to say a huge thank you to everyone for taking part and I hope to see you in the PPC 118!

The full PPC 118 table can be found here:
https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/59367

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

04.16.2023 | 6:48 PM ET

The PPC 118 is now open!

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

04.23.2023 | 9:18 PM ET

PPC 118 Results!

Congratulations to @pureincognito for winning his 14th PPC Title! This puts him just 1 win away from matching @hunterp's all time record of 15 PPC wins! What's also incredible is that he has now won 5 of the last 10 PPC's as well so he could beat the record in a few weeks if he keeps up this form! As the current PPC Champion, you will receive an invite to the PPC 119 when I set it up!

Well done to @jonnyboy6969 for finishing in 2nd and well done as well to @ccollins44 and @PriscillaMelo for finishing in joint 3rd!

As for our ghost players, @Bellatrix finished in 8th with 3,785 points and @Schatte finished in 5th with 3,875 points! As of the next PPC, I'll be trying out a new idea and making a slight change to how the ghost players are included in the games. I'll explain it properly shortly but it should make it easier to add the scores up and will allow ghost players to get the event alerts so hopefully it should run a bit smoother!

Finally, I just want to say a massive thank you to everyone for taking part and I hope to see you in the PPC 119!

The full PPC 118 table can be found here:
https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/59609

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

04.23.2023 | 9:36 PM ET

Changes to the ghost player rule

I'm sure you're all aware of the ghost player rule that acts as a workaround to Tapology's 16 player limit in games. While it provides the opportunity for more people to play, it has put many ghost players at a disadvantage as they don't get the reminders about picking the events in the games and their scores are at the mercy of my limited mathematical ability. Going forward, ghost players will be added in a different way and I want to say a massive thank you to @Bellatrix for giving me this idea!

She played as a ghost player in the PPC 118 and very thoughtfully made a private 1V1 game against me with the same events in it so that it would be easier for me to add up and also meant that because she was in a fantasy game with those events in, she would still get the reminders about them! It has never occurred to me to do it this way so as off the PPC 119, here is what will happen. I'll make 2 copies of the PPC. The regular one that is open to everyone and once that is filled up, I will create the same 16 player game again but this time, as a private game (invite only) and will only invite people who ask to play as ghost players. It will still be counted as one table and one competition but it just means that the scores will be worked out automatically and that those who join as ghosts will receive the event reminders. I'll also add the link to each game in the comments of the games once they have started so that the ghost players can compare their scores with the other players and vice versa. In theory, this should make it easier for ghost players to keep up and make it easier to track the scores. I'll be trailing it out in the PPC 119 to see how it goes and what needs to be improved so if you do join have to join as a ghost player in the PPC 119 then please don't be afraid to give your thoughts on what your experience was like and what needs improving!

Again, I just want to say a huge thank you @Bellatrix as I'd have never have thought of this myself! I'm confident that she has just made the experience of future ghost players a whole lot easier and more enjoyable as well as saving me a lot of time! Hopefully this will be a success and as I said, please feel free to add any comments, suggestions and complains you have about it as feedback is vital to improving the PPC series! 

Page 17

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Renato Moicano Enlightens Fans With Money Lessons, Agrees To Do TUF Against Paddy Pimblett
  • MMA Mania : Audio: Ref Mic Captures ‘Blessed’ Blast
  • MMA Mania : Taylor Vs Serrano 2 Joins Paul-Tyson On Netflix
  • Bad Left Hook : Taylor vs Serrano rematch joins Paul vs Tyson on July 20
  • MMA Junkie : Conor McGregor vs. Michael Chandler: Odds and what to know ahead of UFC 303 headliner
  • MMAFighting.com : Alan Jouban argues ‘it’s not over’ for Justin Gaethje’s title hopes despite brutal UFC 300 loss
  • Middle Easy : Fan Apologizes To Arman Tsarukyan For ‘Flipping Him Off’ At UFC 300, Says He Wouldn’t Sue UFC
  • MMA Mania : Holloway, Harrison Upend Official UFC Rankings
  • MMAFighting.com : Katie Taylor vs. Amanda Serrano 2 announced as co-main event for Tyson vs. Paul fight card
  • MMAFighting.com : MMA Divisional Rankings: UFC 300 completely reshapes the global ranks
  • MMA Junkie : Why Arman Tsarukyan finds Charles Oliveira 'more dangerous' than UFC champ Islam Makhachev
  • MMA Mania : Jama Vs. Jiri - ‘Make It Happen!’
  • MMAFighting.com : Aljamain Sterling considered retirement if he lost at UFC 300: ‘I was probably done’
  • MMA Junkie : Gegard Mousasi frustrated by 'radio silence' from PFL, feeling pressured to 'take a pay cut'
  • MMA Mania : Battle of the BMFs? ‘I Would Love To Bust Gaethje’s Face Up’
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I just need to land the correct shot and he’s gone’: Riakporhe confident he’ll beat Billam-Smith again
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Ian Machado Garry calls for UFC 303 co-main event vs. ‘p****’ Colby Covington, says ‘I’ll retire him for good’
  • MMA Junkie : Jessica Andrade: Title shot after UFC 300 win is the 'natural course of things'
  • Bad Left Hook : PODCAST: Haney vs Garcia preview and Ryan’s chances at the upset
  • Jits Magazine : Subversiv 10 Full Results And Review