Tapology Forums

The Miscellaneous Thread

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,779  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,557
  • Post Score: 262

12.21.2020 | 8:19 PM ET

This Thread Is a Thread where you can post what ever you want from  **** posting to crazy stuff . Any topic MMA related to what ever you want to talk. Try and not be toxic arsehole. And one rule No Politic allowed because that what made people ****s

Let me Start, I find it insane it like 4 days to Chrismas , Im suprise it so close to the end of the Year,  Fells like Junes.Anyone have anything cool plan for Chrissy, I’m probley just gonna mess around at the gym 

* Edited at 12.21.2020, 8:52 PM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

Page 763

TARTARA
TARTARA
  • Predictions:  53,916  |  69.0%
  • Forum Posts:  5,186
  • Post Score: 65

05.17.2023 | 2:04 PM ET

#icanseewhatareyoutryingtodothere

"KURZHAAR - Tomorrow Never Comes Until It's Too Late"

CheckLeftHook
CheckLeftHook
  • Predictions:  2,402  |  56.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,975
  • Post Score: 172

05.17.2023 | 3:17 PM ET

ok so originally I thought the number of PFL fighters that got popped was something like 4, but I keep reading tweets that apparently it's something like 9?? is that true?? 

"🏴 No Quarter Given 🏴"

****les
****les
  • Predictions:  280  |  67.9%
  • Forum Posts:  2,228
  • Post Score: 244

05.17.2023 | 4:07 PM ET

@xconchris I just posted one of those breakdowns you seem to enjoy. It will probably get me suspended, so I'll see you and everybody else in a bit I suppose.
This user is suspended from posting until 9 years, 1 month, 4 weeks, 21 hours, and 21 minutes from now.
Bellatrix
Bellatrix
  • Predictions:  2,992  |  66.7%
  • Forum Posts:  876
  • Post Score: 326

05.17.2023 | 4:55 PM ET

Where’d you post it?!

"While I Have Breath, I Have Hope."

Bellatrix
Bellatrix
  • Predictions:  2,992  |  66.7%
  • Forum Posts:  876
  • Post Score: 326

05.17.2023 | 4:57 PM ET

Nevermind :)

"While I Have Breath, I Have Hope."

FistyMcKickerChoke
FistyMcKickerChoke
  • Predictions:  29,551  |  80.7%
  • Forum Posts:  4,552
  • Post Score: 236

05.17.2023 | 5:22 PM ET

@CheckLeftHook yes, and many who popped were fighters who lost also. These guys are juicing and then still losing, pathetic

"Throughout my career I've learned that "If you win you're the ****, if you lose it's bad." - Bruno "Blindadao" Silva"

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry
  • Predictions:  41,344  |  69.2%
  • Forum Posts:  7,323
  • Post Score: 285

05.17.2023 | 5:29 PM ET

@****les 

I've just read it and the mental images it conjured were hilarious! I had to Google the definitions of several words in it so it was a good learning exercise as well.

"I wish you good luck but I don't want you to rely on luck"

Amettxpc
Amettxpc
  • Predictions:  12,826  |  73.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,196
  • Post Score: 192

05.18.2023 | 2:57 AM ET

From Lance Armstrong to TJ Dillashaw and Jon Jones

Mr. Novitzky gained notoriety and made a name for himself and USADA when they managed to dismantle Lance Armstrong as a person (cycling career and background history) who went from being one of the greatest cyclists in history and a man with a foundation due to his motivational movement after overcoming the battle against cancer to a man who went to the dark side of the sport and whose greatest successes ended up erased from the record's books. 

USADA enter in UFC and Change the MMA: In the biggest MMA company, most bodybuilders type bodies disappeared, many ex-champions and notorious names like Renan Barao and Johny Hendricks were never the same in terms of performance, there were many positive tests In a year that in the many years of the Nevada Athletic Commission, and just as clean athletes managed to prevail or stay at the top (guys like DC, Holloway and Bisping), cheaters also look for better ways not to lose their places in the elite. 

Ali Abdelaziz could have said a lot of nonsense, apart from being involved in shady things like MOA and even being accused of alleged terrorism (and later being an FBI informant), but what he said about Olympic sport is true: once you test positive in an olympics drug test, your career is tainted forever, to be more specific: If an olympian tests positive during that competition all his victories during that tournament are changed to disqualification and his medals are taken away, it is also The case of Amir Aliakbari (who, after two clear cases of doping, was banned for life by the FILA) or Ali Baugatinov (stripped of the world gold medal in Combat Sambo for multiple doping cases) is noteworthy.    

But in Post-USADA it was the case of Dillashaw who was always in the spotlight due to his physical change from 2016 (despite not decreasing his performance) and despite all the Team Alpha Male vs. TJ Drama, Dillashaw ironically tested positive for the substance that Faber and Garbrandt accused him of using for a long time during the run-up to UFC 217 and UFC 227. And many people fall for the fact that EPO was supposedly only used to cut weight against Cejudo, but the reality is that EPO is a cardio and recovery booster (very useful for TJ after the end of the first round in UFC 217) and it is difficult to test because it has a short duration in the system and specialized tests are needed for its detention (tests that are a great expense for the Anti-Doping agency, if carried out regularly). In my opinion TJ used EPO in the two fights against Barao (his fighting style those nights was very evident: Hard Hitting punching and Infinite combination in a way never seen before), in his fights against Assunção and Lineker and also in the 2 fights against Garbrandt (of course the re-test was not positive, but EPO is something that can only be detected in a very short window of time and not with frozen tests).   

On the other hand we have Jon Jones, a man who undoubtedly made a great resume beating former champions and heavy names in their title defense in his reign as the youngest Champion in UFC history: Maybe Rampage was past Prime and never won another fight In the UFC, Rashad was also never the same and finished almost like BJ Penn with a 2-6 record and 5 losing streak after fighting Jones, Maybe Machida was a clear example of an underside fighter for the weight (as happened to Maia in the middleweights) and had to change Weight class as soon as the weight cut evolved, but his victories over future champions like Glover and DC (first fight) were clear, his UD win vs. Gus (first fight) was controversial but an instant classic. There is no doubt that Jones took the concept of Fight IQ and ground game to other levels during his reign that spanned practically 2 different generations when he dethroned Shogun Rua and had his fight against Rumble canceled after the Hit and Run incident, but I think that something that many don't take into account is that many of the Jones tests with the NSAC before USADA at times had levels that oscillated between considerable high testosterone levels and considerable low testosterone levels of course without ever reaching alarmingly low or high levels for to be Flagged).  But in his early years with USADA he had a postive test in Clomiphene (strogen blocker) which is used to decrease the adverse effects of steroids, then another 2 year suspension (reduced to 15 months) for T-Bol, then Jones entered the VADA testing to justify his intention to come back clean from his suspension at UFC 214, after leaving VADA his T-Bol levels fluctuated despite being supposed to be clean according to Novitzky, then they had to change cities to an entire event for irregularities in Jones' drug test result, almost two years of UFC 214 suspension Jones still has pictograms in his body for T-Bol before Smith’s Fight, Then there were no more Drug test scandals but Lackluster performance and close/controversial decisions against Thiago Santos and Dominck Reyes, before a 3-year departure from the UFC and return with victory against Ciryl Gane. The most curious thing is that Novitzky, the man who hunted Lance Armstrong, defended Jones at all times and practically labeled him as a victim of Atypical Results.   

In my opinion Dillashaw and Jones are the UFC's Lance Armstrong (especially Dillashaw due to the similarity of doping substance), 2 fighters who, although they have critics, also have many people who defend them and call them victims of coincidences or promote the silly narrative from ''Steroids don't give you skills or technique'', but I think the worst thing is about Novitzky, the guy went from looking for cheaters to hiding cheaters and, above all, being a puppet of corrupt methods, the man can't even respond when accused of it and instead of being an open book to scrutiny he hides from the media (like Derek of More Plates More Dates) when questioned and invited to defend himself in a debate. That in MMA someone with a history of doping similar to athletes who have been banned from the history of other sports is considered the GOAT, I think it leaves a lot to be said for MMA fans and MMA Media, but I think it is like Maradona in soccer : Drug problems and scandals in personal life, but an impressive legacy in terms of performance and archives. Many people prefer to forget the bad and remember the good, others have a more Machiavellian approach to things such as the end justifies the means, others even prefer to throw mud at the image of others in order to put them on a par with clear offenders. In my opinion Dillashaw and Jones are sides of the same coin and you can't treat one as a cheat without thinking the same of the other. In my opinion Jones has had a great career with impressive accomplishments but it's a tainted career with asterisks next to his name (like Bonds or Palmeiro in Baseball).    

In my opinion the GOAT debate is between DJ (he did something that no other MMA fighter achieved: beat an Ace from another sport in a match that combined both types of fights) or GSP (excellent career and zero positive doping).    Many people can say: "Everyone on steroids" or "If you never cheated, it's because you didn't try (and unfortunately this is a mentality that many people take to multiple facets of their lives)" but I personally believe that there are athletes with integrity (not the majority, but there are): fighters like DC, Stipe, Holloway, Bisping, Rockhold, DJ, Cejudo in some cases will not be perfect (like Bisping who went to weak UFC Champion or DC and Stipe who made notorious Eye Pokes in his trilogy or Cejudo and Rockhold with their uncomfortable personalities) but in my opinion these guys are 100% PEDs free to mention a few that for me are a clear example that you can become a UFC or Top Fighter champion without using needles or pills. 

* Edited at 05.18.2023, 2:58 AM ET *

"Moicano Wants Money!"

****les
****les
  • Predictions:  280  |  67.9%
  • Forum Posts:  2,228
  • Post Score: 244

05.18.2023 | 2:59 AM ET

GSP grease cheated against BJ Penn.
This user is suspended from posting until 9 years, 1 month, 4 weeks, 21 hours, and 21 minutes from now.
Amettxpc
Amettxpc

05.18.2023 | 3:18 AM ET

^^^

Yeah, I make a testament in my last post, but to be realistic I can't stand or understand the people who glorify notorious and multiple PEDs offenders, literally those guys are using pills and injections to get their results, but indirectly taking away years of life to their opponents through dirty methods (not just Jones or TJ, there are many notorious offenders).

Now I will tell a curious anecdote for which I always ironically mention doping for Clomiphene: When I was at university studying Nutrition and Dietetics, while I was studying General Biology II, in a class discussion about sport the topic of Estrogen blockers came up, and a guy who was a Gym Trainer (who had told me in the past that he was deep into the sauce) did not understand what Clomiphene was used for and although we had a minute discussion about it, the dude thought it was unacceptable for a man to use blockers estrogen for some reason. At that moment I thought in my mind "Come On!, you are a professional trainer, you have told me that you use needles and you do not know all the adverse effects of using steroids and artificial testosterone" at that moment I knew that it was better to talk about another house and at At one time I learned that someone when they hit their mid 40's and probably have to lower their juice levels or eliminate steroids completely due to health problems, will go through the same puberty process as a teenage girl by don't knowing what Estrogen Blockers are used.

"Moicano Wants Money!"

Amettxpc
Amettxpc

05.18.2023 | 3:45 AM ET

****les

Yeah, in my opinion DJ is the GOAT, I would like to see Jones survive a round of grappling vs. Gordon Ryan or GSP survives a boxing round vs. De La Hoya (according to GSP he was in negotiations with Golden Boy for a Superfight, until Dana interfered and stopped the negotiations due to contractual issues) in a Custom Mixed Rules as DJ make against Rodtang (Muay Thai Ace) and finish him in the MMA round.
Some people can argue that DJ lost to Pickett and Cruz, and be to small, but simply Johnson is a fighting fighter who does not have a reach and frame advantage for his weight class and the reason why his technique did not allow him to be champion In the UFC Bantamweight division was his notorious walk-in weight, height and reach disadvantage at 135 pounds.

Regarding the GSP greasing case vs. Penn, BJ even lost an appeal regarding it, but it did seem like a dirty move by GSP's Cornerman to me, perhaps taking advantage of a loophole in the UFC regulations regarding foreign substances (if GSP had a physical maybe the story could be another). But I think it is a very similar case to Royce Gracie grabbing the hair of Kimo Leopoldo to work the armbar or Aldo grabbing the cage before brutal knocks Chad Mendes in his first fight (Cage Grabs is something not very punished to date) or Vovchanchyn destroying Mark Kerr's career with the downside knees (that case is the other way around, at that time it was an NC because it was something illegal, but in a couple of years that was legal in Pride).
One Off-Topic thing to mention regarding BJ Penn is that his career is downplayed for not knowing how to retire on time (after the loss against Nick Diaz) and many people overlook that Penn set the record for defending lightweights (which was tied by Edgar and Henderson, but never surpassed) and who was one of the pioneers who redefined what it was to be a BJJ Fighters in Mixed Martial Arts.

"Moicano Wants Money!"

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,779  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,557
  • Post Score: 262

05.18.2023 | 3:55 AM ET

Even tho I hate him, Jon is the clear GOAT of MMA, dude never lost, fought 23 time in the ufc and had like 15 title fights, also fought tons of all time great,  I think it hard to pick an second place becuase I don’t care because they’re like 10 guys I think could be in that position 

"Quack quack quack"

el222
el222
  • Predictions:  1,423  |  66.2%
  • Forum Posts:  2,680
  • Post Score: 166

05.18.2023 | 10:23 AM ET

goat debate

uhhh sam alvey? hello??? 
Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry
  • Predictions:  41,344  |  69.2%
  • Forum Posts:  7,323
  • Post Score: 285

05.18.2023 | 12:24 PM ET

If we're having the G.O.A.T debate again, then of course I have to remind you all that Randa Markos is the only correct answer!

"I wish you good luck but I don't want you to rely on luck"

Joshjeffords
Joshjeffords
  • Predictions:  4,287  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  6,293
  • Post Score: 136

05.18.2023 | 3:32 PM ET

Jones is by far the overall Goat even without cheating he is levels above.
DJ is of course the Wee man Goat 125/135. 
Rhonda is the Goat of WMMA never juiced never cheated nor was an excess weight bully and proved she was a woman.

"“I took no damage,” Hill said. “Most of the fall was me falling down"

Xconchris
Xconchris
  • Predictions:  6,162  |  67.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,151
  • Post Score: 333

05.18.2023 | 3:36 PM ET

I had 27 confirmed carpenter bee kills today. Thought I'd share that random fact. 

"Dont take life too serious, you will never make it out alive."

Joshjeffords
Joshjeffords

05.18.2023 | 3:46 PM ET

Cool never heard of them we mostly deal with Wasps up here "Yellow Jackets" our bees are pretty harmless Bumble and imported Honey Bees on occasion.

Xconchris
Xconchris
  • Predictions:  6,162  |  67.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,151
  • Post Score: 333

05.18.2023 | 8:53 PM ET

I had a bald faced hornet nest appear in my basement a few months ago. Made it through the smallest of holes in the sides of my cement steps. About the size of a Football was the nest and behind a piece of insulation so i didnt notice it. Flat Shovel and long range spray to kill the bastards

"Dont take life too serious, you will never make it out alive."

Joshjeffords
Joshjeffords

05.18.2023 | 8:55 PM ET

Kill EM ALL LET GOD SORT EM OUT!!!
Same goes for ants!

AndresMontana
AndresMontana
  • Predictions:  2,846  |  73.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,209
  • Post Score: -6

05.18.2023 | 9:06 PM ET

@****les

GSP last fight. UFC Middleweight Champion
BJ Penn last fight. Koed by a drunk Man.
This user is suspended from posting until 1 year, 4 months, 4 weeks, and 9 minutes from now.

Page 763

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMAFighting.com : Roundtable: What is the best UFC fight still to come in 2024?
  • MMA Mania : Masvidal Made $5 Mil To Save UFC’s Fight Island Debut
  • MMA Junkie : Paul Hughes vs. Bobby King co-headlines Bellator Champions Series: Dublin
  • Jits Magazine : New Wave Jiu-Jitsu Dominate In Enigma Invitational 15 Results
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Colby Covington noncommittal on ‘nobody’ Ian Machado Garry fight: ‘He has to show me he’s serious’
  • MMA Mania : Rogan: Topuria Turned Down Volk Rematch In Perth
  • MMA Mania : What’s Next For Matheus Nicolau?
  • Jits Magazine : IBJJF Brazilian National Championship (Brasileiro) 2024 Full Results And Review
  • MMA Mania : Borralho Vs. Craig Betting Odds, Breakdown, Prediction
  • MMA Mania : Inspirational Pereira ‘Not Worried’ About Legacy Talk
  • MMA Mania : White ‘Probably A Little Mad’ About McGregor BKFC Deal
  • MMAFighting.com : Jairzinho Rozenstruik plans to reconnect with ‘my real power source’ in Suriname, return against a top heavyweight
  • MMA Junkie : Karine Silva will keep 'unreachable' callout secret for one more fight after UFC on ESPN 55
  • MMA Mania : Matches To Make After UFC Vegas 91
  • MMA Mania : Matches To Maker After UFC Vegas 91
  • MMA Junkie : Ketlen Souza unwilling to take breaks after scoring first octagon win at UFC on ESPN 55
  • MMAFighting.com : Bogdan Guskov promises to keep delivering exciting fights after UFC Vegas 91 win: ‘I love blood’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 winner Maheshate felt 'extra burden' after consecutive losses
  • MMA Mania : Covington On ‘Nobody’ Garry: ‘He’s Not Serious’
  • MMAFighting.com : Bryan Barberena announces UFC exit, calls for ‘real brawler’ BKFC battle with Mike Perry