Tapology Forums

The Miscellaneous Thread

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,792  |  66.9%
  • Forum Posts:  7,562
  • Post Score: 262

12.21.2020 | 8:19 PM ET

This Thread Is a Thread where you can post what ever you want from  **** posting to crazy stuff . Any topic MMA related to what ever you want to talk. Try and not be toxic arsehole. And one rule No Politic allowed because that what made people ****s

Let me Start, I find it insane it like 4 days to Chrismas , Im suprise it so close to the end of the Year,  Fells like Junes.Anyone have anything cool plan for Chrissy, I’m probley just gonna mess around at the gym 

* Edited at 12.21.2020, 8:52 PM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

Page 716

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry
  • Predictions:  41,488  |  69.2%
  • Forum Posts:  7,346
  • Post Score: 285

03.02.2023 | 4:09 PM ET

@stuthehistoryguy

Well, it's kind of a funny situation with the group he made. You see, he made that group using his @Baldric Eggling account meaning that only @Baldric Eggling can let people in. Trouble is, the @Baldric Eggling account has been permanently banned if I'm not mistaken, meaning he can't let new members join and he's now using the @****les account which he's only suspended on (so in theory he could still use other features of the site besides the forum). He also made the @****les account after the @Baldric Eggling one got banned so he's effectively locked himself out of his group!

"I wish you good luck but I don't want you to rely on luck"

Sabbath
Sabbath
  • Predictions:  1,885  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  2,493
  • Post Score: 239

03.02.2023 | 4:31 PM ET

Stephen Terry

Lmao what a schmuck 

"My teachings always come with a receipt because I am the profit."

Sabbath
Sabbath

03.02.2023 | 5:18 PM ET

It is a hard time to be a UFC fan…

I don’t know if I’m the only one here who shares this sentiment, but I haven’t this disinterested in the sport since…since I wasn’t a fan of it, actually. Aside from the astronomical cluster**** of bad business decisions and unfortunate events plaguing the company (Ngannou’s leave, James Krauss, Dana thinking slap fighting is the next biggest business venture cause he watched a view Critikal videos, ect) but I really think a lot of the actual fight cards themselves have dipped so far down in quality in the past five or so months. It’s actually amazing how unengaging a lot of these fight nights have devolved into. 

I largely contribute this downturn in quality in part because of the UFC’s rapid tripling down on recruiting new fighters. New talent can be fun, but it’s clear to anyone who’s been watching the sport for this long that the majority of these fighters are average and will cease in their tenure after two straight losses. All this increase of “talent” does is bloat up the divisions, especially Lightweight, which used to be my favorite but now is so ******* inflated with nobodies, all while the top five fighters compete once a year at best against each other, preventing up-and-comers like Arman Tsarukyan from proving their worth at the highest level just to get a paycheck. This may seem like a trivial matter, but give it a few bad silver linings and all of a sudden we’ll have main events starting ‘So-And-So’ vs ‘Such-And-Such’ for the interim title of the ‘Who ******* Cares?’ division.

On top of that, a lot of these “stars” the UFC promotes now are practically manufactured. Paddy will continue to fight the same nameless wankers until he inevitably hits a crossroad, and Sean’O Malley, while a solid fighter in his own right, got to where he is following the same can-crushing regime. He got a shot against Petr Yan off a No-Contest against a guy he was arguably losing against. The UFC is desperate for new talent, for the new Mcgregor, but throwing **** at the wall is only going to leave more of a mess for the janitor. 

I bring this up cause I feel like I’m not the only one. I don’t see a lot of engaging discussion in the forums anymore, it’s like everyone had had their passion for MMA leeched from their bodies. Anybody share a similar sentiment, or just want me to call me a ******* ******? Either way, let’s discuss something, ANYTHING. 

* Edited at 03.02.2023, 5:28 PM ET *

flying_frontkick
flying_frontkick
  • Predictions:  9,753  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,783
  • Post Score: 273

03.02.2023 | 5:35 PM ET

I think as we get older, and the guys we grew up that got us interested in MMA, those type of rare fighters are gone. I remember Maycee Barber, and the fact that her nickname was the "The Future" and how after (I forget which fight) but she said "I"M A MAIN CARD FIGHTER!" etc.

I wonder what the win/loss percentage is for DWCS fighters and the fact that the UFC needs to realize less is more, last year I really think was one of the worst years for MMA ever. I'm finding that these stars, fighters, are being pushed on us, instead of us going "Holy ****, that's a person to look out for" we're being TOLD to. 

I have no interest in picking fights anymore, I think there is such a drop in quality of fighters in the UFC because they are trying to get anyone and everyone. That said it's not just the UFC I'm disinterested in, It's all MMA. Bellator is complete trash, so I am very thankful UFC is putting on fights but I think this is the lowest I have been interested in MMA.

An example would be Jon Jones return, what the **** do I care? This guy is not someone I get excited for, I don't consider him personality wise anything special, although his last few fights have showed us nothing to get excited about other then "he's moving up to Heavyweight!" well he could just come in and surprise the hell out of me, but what gets me excited is he's fighting Ciryl Gane. Not that Jones is returning. 

"For no particular reason beat up everyone"

Sabbath
Sabbath

03.02.2023 | 5:47 PM ET

flying_frontkick

I agree, I also find Jon Jones at this point about as engaging as intercourse with a pool of swamp water. The only thing he could do that would turn my head at this point is if he loses, which will give me a bit of glee in trolling his abuse-enabling thunder **** fanbase. 

Also…

“I wonder what the win/loss percentage is for DWCS fighters”

Hm. You know what? I’m interested too…

Gimme a hot minute, I got a lot of searching to do. 

Sabbath
Sabbath

03.02.2023 | 6:01 PM ET

Oh btw, that Maycee Barber example is actually a main reason why I like Jack Della Madalenna. He doesn’t talk ****, he fact he barely says a word. He just shows up, puts on a beautiful technical masterpiece of a boxing seminar that rearranges the opponent’s face, resembling that of a poorly prepared funnel cake that’s been left out in the sun too long, and leaves.

Note to other prospects: If you think you’re the next biggest thing -Show. Don’t tell. 

* Edited at 03.02.2023, 6:01 PM ET *

Xconchris
Xconchris
  • Predictions:  6,195  |  67.1%
  • Forum Posts:  6,185
  • Post Score: 332

03.02.2023 | 6:26 PM ET

I agree @Sabbath. Ive been watching for a very long time and I have the least interest now than ever. I really think it's because of the ESPN deal. They have guaranteed money and there's no need to push the product right now. They could basically have LFA fights and fighters every week and still collect the same paycheck.

Maybe that will change in the future as TV deals change

"Dont take life too serious, you will never make it out alive."

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise
  • Predictions:  16,152  |  67.4%
  • Forum Posts:  32,222
  • Post Score: 88

03.02.2023 | 6:28 PM ET

I doubt ufc leaves espn for a very long time. Ufc mints money for them 

"“Unfortunately you can’t talk like that on FOX” - Joe Rogan"

Sabbath
Sabbath

03.02.2023 | 9:13 PM ET

Did the Math

So, according to my rudimentary (and frankly dog****) mathematical ability, I was able to deduct that the overall win/loss ratio for every DWCS fighter from S1 to S5 (and including the Brazil season) the total record is356 - 323.Keep in mind, I didn’t include DQ wins because that’s stupid (Sorry Brok Weaver and Allen Crowder) and I only included fighters that specifically got their contract through winning the contender series, so fighters like Chase Hooper or Dan Ige were not considered.

Keep in mind as well, almost all the fighters who do poorly after winning a contract go 0 - 2 and are cut, while the fighters who inflate the win ratio (Sean’O Malley, Ryan Spann and various others) can keep going as long as they’re winning. They also tend to have their newer Contender Series winners fight against underperforming jobbers with losing UFC records, so a good chunk of these wins are gimme-fights.

The Contender Series is just a factory to distribute quantity over quality fights, and has reduced the UFC from the pinnacle of the sport, to the Mcdonalds of MMA.

THIS SHOW IS THE BUM FACTORY. EAT THE SLOP BEFORE THE SLAUGHTER YOU ******* PIGS

* Edited at 03.02.2023, 9:19 PM ET *

Sabbath
Sabbath

03.02.2023 | 11:39 PM ET

Hey, I haven’t been here in awhile, so…

What the **** happened to TATARA? Last time I saw the guy he was…odd, but generally nice. Seeing his current posts is like finding out an old friend ended up becoming a heroine addict and a Joe Rogan Experience enjoyer. 

Cheeseball
Cheeseball
  • Predictions:  13,293  |  71.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,946
  • Post Score: 247

03.03.2023 | 12:03 AM ET

@sabbath

You’re reading my mind. I hate to admit it but I’ve been slowly losing interest in the UFC since the whole Ngannou situation. I’ve been watching soccer, basketball, and boxing instead. Still interested in MMA as a whole but I’d rather watch One, PFL, or Bellator than the mediocre fight night cards the UFC has been putting on lately.

"🌽⚽️"

Sabbath
Sabbath

03.03.2023 | 12:25 AM ET

Cheeseball

I’ve definitely become a PFL man as of the past two years. So much more interesting, even if half the roster is just fodder. So much crazy **** happens in PFL, the kind of bonkers stuff the UFC used to delight in before ESPN sliced their nuts off. I don’t give a **** what anyone says, Rob Wilkinson is the ****.

PiggyBank
PiggyBank
  • Predictions:  1,230  |  61.5%
  • Forum Posts:  718
  • Post Score: 257

03.03.2023 | 2:24 AM ET

i like this guy, lol, but..

it will be 1 month since tartarini haven't posted in 10 days. just don't call for it.

"i "Pick ⛏ Up Truck" all the events on Tapology ! | empty walls of Tapology.... | I don't give a flying F16... | keep ****posting about me... | Get Your Mind Out Of The Gutter... | L☻L | @TARTARABLESS | just let me know... !?"

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

03.03.2023 | 8:58 AM ET

@sabbath oh man you missed a lot. Tardtarda had a mental breakdown and went full heel mode 

flying_frontkick
flying_frontkick

03.03.2023 | 10:25 AM ET

@Great points @Sabbath and well said

Xconchris
Xconchris
  • Predictions:  6,195  |  67.1%
  • Forum Posts:  6,185
  • Post Score: 332

03.03.2023 | 11:25 AM ET

We shall only refer to him as Tardtarda from now on

"Dont take life too serious, you will never make it out alive."

flying_frontkick
flying_frontkick

03.03.2023 | 1:12 PM ET

He did remake my avatar so I never pay attention to the random banter on here though 

And I didn't even ask, he just surprised me with it. 

* Edited at 03.03.2023, 1:13 PM ET *

Sabbath
Sabbath

03.03.2023 | 2:33 PM ET

Fun Question

Gentlemen (and Bellatrix) what was the last time ‘some guy’ got signed to the UFC, and genuinely surprised you? Not only surprised you, but made you a fan. Whether it was his/her skill, the way they fought, they excitement they carried.

I’ll start: I had relatively modest expectation for Nate Landwehr, but thought it was a bit of a try-hard Matt Brown wannabe. Now, I think he’s the most badass featherweight in the entire roster. He laughs in the face of Alzheimer’s, and spits in the wake of CTE, he will block with his face because he’s eats pain like groceries. Seeing him beat David Onama till he literally went blind was the most insane **** I’ve seen since…

Huh…since Matt Brown beat Erick Silva, actually…

* Edited at 03.03.2023, 2:34 PM ET *

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

03.03.2023 | 3:48 PM ET

Seeing shara bullet finally get a ufc contract was pretty shocking. He will be one to look out for when he finally makes his debut. 

Cheeseball
Cheeseball
  • Predictions:  13,293  |  71.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,946
  • Post Score: 247

03.03.2023 | 4:49 PM ET

Probably Jack Della Maddalena, dude is a killer. One of my favorite fighters to watch in general right now. Honorable mention to Jailton Almeida.

"🌽⚽️"

Page 716

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Chael Sonnen makes case for Jose Aldo title shot after UFC 301
  • Middle Easy : ‘A Lot Of Jealousy,’ Sean O’Malley On What Sparked Conor McGregor’s Twitter Tantrum Towards ‘Suga’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 56 pre-event facts: Can Derrick Lewis extend all-time KO record?
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Paid More In Taxes Than I Made Last Year In My Fight’
  • MMAFighting.com : Dan Hardy picks Conor McGregor to beat Michael Chandler: ‘He’s got that refinement in his game’
  • Middle Easy : ‘Problem-Solving’ Cory Sandhagen Reveals One Weakness He Sees In Unbeaten Umar Nurmagomedov
  • UFC.com : Rankings Report | Week of May 6, 2024
  • Bad Left Hook : Jermall Charlo charged with DWI and fleeing after crashing Lamborghini
  • UFC.com : Last Time In St. Louis
  • UFC.com : Billy Goff Is Willing To Take The Risks
  • MMA Mania : White Accused Of Betting On NFL During Boring Bout
  • MMAFighting.com : Mike Perry unsure Darren Till fight happens, teases interest in Caleb Plant: ‘Bring it on, motherf*ckers’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 56 commentary team, broadcast plans set: Laura Sanko joins booth for second time in 2024
  • MMA Junkie : Payton Talbott draws Yanis Ghemmouri at UFC 303 on June 29
  • MMA Mania : VIDEO: Sound & Pound — Will Lewis Turn Back Another Prospect?
  • MMA Junkie : Daniel Cormier: Jon Jones 'smart' for going after Alex Pereira over Tom Aspinall
  • MMAFighting.com : Alexandre Pantoja dreams of fight against flyweight ‘GOAT’ Demetrious Johnson
  • MMA Mania : Brain Damage Forces Hardy From BKFC 61
  • MMA Junkie : Heather Hardy suffering from effects of 'too much brain damage,' indicates fighting career is over
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch UFC champ Dricus du Plessis perform as Wildebeest on The Masked Singer