Tapology Forums

The Miscellaneous Thread

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,766  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,545
  • Post Score: 262

12.21.2020 | 8:19 PM ET

This Thread Is a Thread where you can post what ever you want from  **** posting to crazy stuff . Any topic MMA related to what ever you want to talk. Try and not be toxic arsehole. And one rule No Politic allowed because that what made people ****s

Let me Start, I find it insane it like 4 days to Chrismas , Im suprise it so close to the end of the Year,  Fells like Junes.Anyone have anything cool plan for Chrissy, I’m probley just gonna mess around at the gym 

* Edited at 12.21.2020, 8:52 PM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

Page 709

TARTARA
TARTARA
  • Predictions:  53,902  |  69.0%
  • Forum Posts:  5,186
  • Post Score: 65

02.04.2023 | 10:50 PM ET

@CheckLeftHookBall

**** DuesenBerg

"KURZHAAR - Tomorrow Never Comes Until It's Too Late"

Xconchris
Xconchris
  • Predictions:  6,149  |  67.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,143
  • Post Score: 333

02.04.2023 | 10:54 PM ET

^^^^tropical beach 😂

"Dont take life too serious, you will never make it out alive."

Casual008
Casual008
  • Predictions:  4,535  |  67.1%
  • Forum Posts:  2,865
  • Post Score: 259

02.04.2023 | 11:41 PM ET

I am the Troll-ey 

"They're sorcerers they don't get knocked out"

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420

02.05.2023 | 3:39 AM ET

All the people who missed yesterday card, I couldn’t recommend a card more then this card, I wouldn’t recommend skipping any fight 

"Quack quack quack"

Cheeseball
Cheeseball
  • Predictions:  13,293  |  71.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,946
  • Post Score: 247

02.05.2023 | 11:31 AM ET

Slightly disagree. The prelims were trash (except for Yi vs Lee), the main card is where it got good.

"🌽⚽️"

CheckLeftHook
CheckLeftHook
  • Predictions:  2,389  |  56.6%
  • Forum Posts:  5,968
  • Post Score: 172

02.06.2023 | 7:44 AM ET

any thoughts on Laura Sanko as a commentator? 

I feel like she can do alright at these small ESPN shows - maybe her, Fitz and Felder could be a good consistent trio. 

"🏴 No Quarter Given 🏴"

FistyMcKickerChoke
FistyMcKickerChoke
  • Predictions:  29,519  |  80.7%
  • Forum Posts:  4,552
  • Post Score: 236

02.06.2023 | 12:53 PM ET

Sanko did a great job, she pairs with Bisping well. Good balance of banter and commentary

"Throughout my career I've learned that "If you win you're the ****, if you lose it's bad." - Bruno "Blindadao" Silva"

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry
  • Predictions:  41,304  |  69.2%
  • Forum Posts:  7,316
  • Post Score: 285

02.06.2023 | 1:57 PM ET

I watch most of my MMA events on mute as I don't want the commentators to influence how I think the fight is going so it doesn't make any difference to me. If I'm watching a promotion where the commentary is in another language then I'll have the sound on for the sake of getting a bit of atmosphere from the crowd though while still not being influenced by commentators as I don't understand them anyway. 

"I wish you good luck but I don't want you to rely on luck"

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420

02.06.2023 | 3:56 PM ET

Stephen Terry

My issue is more when the commentators is saying stuff that isn't happening  because they just bias to one fighter, My example would be DC and Joe Rogan commentary for Izzy vs Jan, I think it impossible to not have some bias, But also try and live in the real world 

Laura Sanko is a good commentator, She isn't my favorite commentator, But I seen way worst commentators  even in big promotion, Dana isn't a guy who cares about being progressive, He hired her because she good at her job, I support that as I think that what equality is, The best get the job and not judge by Race, Sex Etc

"Quack quack quack"

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry
  • Predictions:  41,304  |  69.2%
  • Forum Posts:  7,316
  • Post Score: 285

02.06.2023 | 7:58 PM ET

@DamienHandel420

Yeah, commentator bias is a large part of why I watch it on mute as I don't want to be subconsciously swayed by their commentary. Good to hear that Laura did well, maybe I'll try taking her off mute sometime.

Also completely random but kinda related opinion. Of the times when I have had the commentary on, I absolutely cannot stand Dominick Cruz! I'd say that he's probably the most knowledgeable of them or at least one of the most knowledgeable but just the way he talks makes me think he's a massive knob! No particular reason, I just don't like the way he comes across so yeah, he's one guy that I just randomly hate for no good reason but I'm sure we all have fighters or commentators that we hate for no real reason lol! 

"I wish you good luck but I don't want you to rely on luck"

kushycake
kushycake
  • Predictions:  4,571  |  70.8%
  • Forum Posts:  938
  • Post Score: 386

02.07.2023 | 2:57 AM ET

Kkkomboo
Kkkomboo
  • Predictions:  726  |  67.4%
  • Forum Posts:  597
  • Post Score: 126

02.07.2023 | 6:51 AM ET

You guys who complain about the ufc commentators just haven't heard what ******** the russian commentators are saying during the fight. That's why I usually watch fights with original commentators, and because of that I began to perceive this language better by ear, now I calmly watch the interview in English

* Edited at 02.07.2023, 6:51 AM ET *

"It's never too late to develop your critical thinking capacities"

FistyMcKickerChoke
FistyMcKickerChoke

02.07.2023 | 12:06 PM ET

What kind of ******** are they saying?

"Throughout my career I've learned that "If you win you're the ****, if you lose it's bad." - Bruno "Blindadao" Silva"

CheckLeftHook
CheckLeftHook
  • Predictions:  2,389  |  56.6%
  • Forum Posts:  5,968
  • Post Score: 172

02.07.2023 | 3:16 PM ET

@kushycake

holy **** what a depressing image. 

Also it seems that Chas Skelly and Nina Nunes are the only fighters to retire with a W on their record for their last fight in 2022. Although Zabit Magomedsharipov retired last year, his last win and fight are from 2019. 

"🏴 No Quarter Given 🏴"

Kkkomboo
Kkkomboo
  • Predictions:  726  |  67.4%
  • Forum Posts:  597
  • Post Score: 126

02.08.2023 | 6:56 AM ET

There's too much text here but accumulated a lot

First of all, I must say that I am talking about the commentators of UFC Russia. We have a lot of good professionals, but when the UFC signed a contract and opened it sub-division in Russia, how employees were chosen there is a big mystery to me.
 I just heard that one of the commentators was taken because he has his own YouTube channel on mma topics. However, recording a prepared speech and commenting live, this requires other skills, right?  
So, there were two commentators. I don't know how many employees there are now, but usually only two guys comment on tournaments. 
One of them, who understands MMA a little better than his partner, talks less on the air, he tries to speak only to the point. The second guy who's from YouTube, he doesn't shut up. They are probably following the instructions and they should not have any pauses while commenting. And that's why this dude says anything to avoid silence. And unfortunately, he just voices everything he sees. It sounds really stupid, often he is in too much of a hurry and incorrectly calls mma terms, such as types of punches, submissions, etc. His partner also sometimes uses the wrong words, but this happens less often. They are both stiff and nervous, you can literally hear it in their voices. For some reason they are trying to create intrigue during a one-sided beating or a completely boring fight.
 You know, there are often moments where there is no action from both fighters. What do real UFC commentators do in such situations? They can honestly discuss how sluggish a fight is, they can remember past fights of fighters, or they can just distract themselves from the fight for a while and chat on another topic, joke about each other. They have a lot of options! They are always relaxed, help each other out and are not afraid to improvise. Yes, it happens that one of them says stupid things, but usually the partner helps out in this case, they can start joking about it or somehow fix the situation.That's why they are professionals. They are good at their work and there is chemistry between them. Two suckers from UFC Russia don't have this, as well as professionalism. Scream that fighter was stunned when actually not, it's not cool. The same as interrupting a partner who expounds the analytics of the fight just to say: "oh, look at the Cowboy's son, he's such a cutie" or: "oh, look what a face this fighter made" etc. 
So UFC Russia sucks. When there were events in Moscow and St. Petersburg, they demonstrated how poorly organized everything was. It's enough to watch the press conference that was broadcast live, I hope it has been preserved. Well, or videos that were shot specifically for the UFC Russia channel on YouTube in those days. By the way, on this channel, you can find spam ****ography and other **** under almost every comment. When I go to the official UFC channel on YouTube, for some reason I don't see this there. 

For the sake of justice, I will say that there are a couple of positive moments in the Russian sub-division of the UFC. Sometimes there are videos with foreign fighters who are offered to play some funny games or something. And there's also a guy who voices all the countdowns, embeddeds and post fight interviews. He is entertaining because he tries to copy the pronunciation of the fighters and their accents during voice acting. But since I started watching these videos in the original, I began to notice that he also makes mistakes or some liberties when translating.
 Never stop progressing in your vocation and thank you if you read this to the end! 

* Edited at 02.08.2023, 8:18 AM ET *

"It's never too late to develop your critical thinking capacities"

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420

02.09.2023 | 2:04 AM ET

I'm I the only person getting annoyed with the UFC upping the price for being an MMA fan to $90 a month($80 for PPV and $10 for Espn+), While also dropping fighter pay, So pretty much the fighter get paid less, The fan have to pay more and money go to the excetive, I be more happy to pay $90 if I know more then like $10 of that money is going to fighter

Also, Great fighter are leaving elsewhere and they sighning more and more contender series guys because they're cheaper,  Sadidkob Kakrimov look amazing, but because the UFC pay is **** he left, Also Rebook/Venom deal which is Illegal btw, Is costing the fighter sponsership money, 

"Quack quack quack"

FistyMcKickerChoke
FistyMcKickerChoke

02.09.2023 | 5:03 PM ET

You're paying to watch? Hahahahaha what

ZoomerBet
ZoomerBet
  • Predictions:  2,962  |  67.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1,135
  • Post Score: 269

02.09.2023 | 5:15 PM ET

Here's my thought... the UFC should pay women fighters less because they are less exciting and bring less new fans. I think they should make 70% of what guys make. Also it's way easier to fight a girl than a guy so the guys deserve more for that reason. 

What do you guys think? 

* Edited at 02.09.2023, 5:15 PM ET *

"Excuse me guys, I want to say something. I want to stay humble, but I have to talk because you guys talk too much"

Xconchris
Xconchris

02.10.2023 | 11:15 AM ET

Remember all those female soccer players complaining that they get paid less then the men. They just happen to ignore the fact that literally nobody watches them, they generate no money, and no sponsors want to touch them at all. We can't pay you more money if we don't have the money to pay you. Duh

The difference here is they have their own league separate from the men. In the UFC, the men and women are grouped together. So lowest fighting pay is 10k regardless if your a man or women. There are also men who generate 0 money for the UFC and nobody cares about them as well.

Also the UFC pay structure increases if you have more fights. So boring fighters, men or women get paid more the longer they last..more females are boring and we are stuck in this situation of paying females more money to be boring. While men get cut from the UFC faster if their boring.

It's basically ******** and unfair system currently 

Xconchris
Xconchris

02.10.2023 | 11:23 AM ET

Hippie suspended again. 

I missed it. What he do this time?

Page 709

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• LFA 182 Tapology coverage is now live
  • Nikita Kulshin vs. Cedric Gunnison - Round 1 is in progress.
  • Join the LFA 182 live discussion
  • Tapology Picks: Cedric Gunnison 7% Nikita Kulshin 93%
  • Cedric "The Gunman" Gunnison (7-2-0) VA, US is the #20th Pro Mens Lightweight in US Southeast.
  • Nikita Kulshin (5-0-0) Resp. Severnaya Osetiya-Alaniya, RU is the #143rd Pro Mens Lightweight in Russia.
  • LFA 182 features 11 MMA bouts
  • The event takes place from Sanford Pentagon in Sioux Falls, South Dakota