Tapology Forums

The Miscellaneous Thread

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,779  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,557
  • Post Score: 262

12.21.2020 | 8:19 PM ET

This Thread Is a Thread where you can post what ever you want from  **** posting to crazy stuff . Any topic MMA related to what ever you want to talk. Try and not be toxic arsehole. And one rule No Politic allowed because that what made people ****s

Let me Start, I find it insane it like 4 days to Chrismas , Im suprise it so close to the end of the Year,  Fells like Junes.Anyone have anything cool plan for Chrissy, I’m probley just gonna mess around at the gym 

* Edited at 12.21.2020, 8:52 PM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

Page 476

Xconchris
Xconchris
  • Predictions:  6,171  |  67.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,159
  • Post Score: 333

07.22.2022 | 9:32 AM ET

"Dont take life too serious, you will never make it out alive."

Hippie
Hippie

07.22.2022 | 9:37 AM ET

😆 so true!
Xconchris
Xconchris
  • Predictions:  6,171  |  67.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,159
  • Post Score: 333

07.22.2022 | 9:39 AM ET

Last one and I'm done

"Dont take life too serious, you will never make it out alive."

Hippie
Hippie

07.22.2022 | 9:43 AM ET

LoL 😆 
Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry
  • Predictions:  41,394  |  69.2%
  • Forum Posts:  7,331
  • Post Score: 285

07.22.2022 | 10:12 AM ET

@Xconchris

It rained earlier and now it's overcast and about 22 degrees. This is more like it! Warm enough to get away with wearing a T-shirt but cold enough to be comfortable in a hoodie. It's meant to get hotter over the weekend but hopefully not as high as earlier in the week. 

"I wish you good luck but I don't want you to rely on luck"

gwinCLARKE2019
gwinCLARKE2019
  • Predictions:  1,407  |  61.4%
  • Forum Posts:  1,038
  • Post Score: 215

07.22.2022 | 10:20 AM ET

Me: 

> Is American
> No knowledge of metric system
> Types "Celsius to Fahrenheit" into Google
> 40 C = 104 F
> Only ten degrees hotter than the high in my area today

Glad y'all in the UK are back to better weather, though

"This guy is too old to say this kind of ********."

stuthehistoryguy
stuthehistoryguy
  • Predictions:  10,397  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  737
  • Post Score: 316

07.22.2022 | 11:31 AM ET

On weather: how it's experienced has a lot to do with how prepared you are. I live in the Midwest US, and it's not uncommon to see us make fun of places like Atlanta when they're rendered helpless by two inches of snow. What is usually missed is that cities to the north have plows and such on standby, so the roads are usually clear quickly. 

Our temps have been right around the same as London's but almost every building in my city has air conditioning of some stripe, so it's not a great burden to most people - with the exception of some poor folks, especially the elderly, who routinely perish when it gets that hot. (We tend to forget about these - they aren't as dramatic as shootings.) In London, AC is less ubiquitous since it usually doesn't get that hot, so it's a bigger deal.

"I'm not on your side. I'm not on his side. I'm on the side or being right. - Richard Harrison Sr"

HiDefff
HiDefff

07.22.2022 | 11:49 AM ET

Yes Stu. Being from Ohio half our year is snow and the other half is 95+ degrees. 

When i moved down to Alpharetta Georgia it was like entering a new world. We got snow one day that actually stuck to the ground and the entire state went into state of emergency and you weren't allowed to go drive anywhere in it... meanwhile in Ohio driving through a foot of snow in January is just a normal expectation and god forbid if it makes you late to something haha. 

I guess we get used to all climates here. I've had jobs outside where you are working in a -15 wind chill in the middle of winter as well as been a roofer in the middle of july where its 115 degrees up on the roof all day. I guess its a benefit that our bodies see the wide range of weather instead of just one constant all year long for the most part 
****les
****les
  • Predictions:  280  |  67.9%
  • Forum Posts:  2,228
  • Post Score: 244

07.22.2022 | 3:41 PM ET

It depends on humidity, honestly.

40C + in South Australia is far more bearable than 40C+ in Queensland. 40 degrees plus in 75% Humidity is ******* unbearable and kills people. I've been at the Brisbane Airport when it has been like this, and have watched people from Europe walking through the car park wearing looks like 'Oh god...what ******* Hell is this'? It also causes horrifically violent storms, but you're grateful for them because they break the heat. Unless they bring hail.

Most of the roadworks that happen here happen at night now. Pouring hot roadbase, in overalls, and spreading it in Summer isn't work, it's a form of torture. It basically cannot be done by a human being for extended periods of time on really hot days.

If you want to visit Queensland, don't come in February.
This user is suspended from posting until 9 years, 1 month, 3 weeks, 2 days, 18 hours, and 44 minutes from now.
Baron Von Rattus
Baron Von Rattus
  • Predictions:  92  |  69.6%
  • Forum Posts:  693
  • Post Score: 304

07.22.2022 | 3:43 PM ET

I don't know why i'd want to spend my birthday in a desert wasteland full of felons anyway

"I’m in love, Robb, I’m in love with a billion billion people, and I know all of them better than I ever knew you, and they know me, all of me, and they love me."- A song for Lya

HiDefff
HiDefff

07.22.2022 | 3:44 PM ET

yea thats true. Ohio fairly humid in the summer but man down in Georgia in the summer the humidity and heat combo was nasty. You'd start sweating while drying off from getting out of the shower it was so humid. 
gwinCLARKE2019
gwinCLARKE2019

07.22.2022 | 3:48 PM ET

@HiDeff

GA native, can confirm. I'll never understand why anyone chose to live in the South before AC.

HiDefff
HiDefff

07.22.2022 | 3:50 PM ET

Nice. I was in Alpharetta. The exact area has been since renamed Johns Creek once i left. Great area. My foster parents moved me there in my teens 
gwinCLARKE2019
gwinCLARKE2019

07.22.2022 | 3:53 PM ET

I grew up in Lawrenceville right on the edge of Suwanee. Used to see Johns Creek High School all the time in quiz bowl competitions. The houses in Johns Creek usually have great holiday lights around Christmas time. It's fun to drive through and check them out.

HiDefff
HiDefff

07.22.2022 | 3:57 PM ET

We were about 10 mins from Country club of the south. IYKYK. very rich area. Foxworthy is a ******* ********* lmao. Complained about mud on a soccer field one day cause his poor little daughter had to get dirty... so much for the redneck persona lol. I worked at the Kroger on Old Alabama Rd. All the stars would come in to shop. Whitney Houston was in there one day buying some Char Boy  ahahahahahah. crack head *****. we all knew what she was using it for. 

My Indian (dot on the head kind) foster parents were pretty well off. It just didnt work out lmao i was a white kid from Ohio and they would speak in Hindu when they were mad at me lol I had to get my ass up outta there. Back to Ohio I came 

* Edited at 07.22.2022, 3:58 PM ET *

****les
****les

07.22.2022 | 3:58 PM ET

Well that's true and untrue. Most people in Australia live on the coasts. Pro tip: If you want to see the most beautiful parts of Australia and don't want to go to cyclone territory, go to the Tweed coast or really anywhere that's coastal Northern NSW apart  from Byron Bay, because it's a trendy ****hole. Hire a car, drive it. You'll hit the most beautiful place you've ever seen every 20 minutes.

I have been out west, to the NT and Catherine regions also. Some of it is bad, awful. Some of what I saw could be aptly described as third world, I **** you not.

Also on the convicts thing, it's true but overstated. Basically the vast majority of people sent to Botany Bay and other penal colonies were petty/common thieves forced into being that due to socioeconomics. Most of them were sentenced for stealing food. If you were a murderer or a ******, you probably hung and didn'[t get deported. The Brits were looking for a way to depopulate London of all the riff-raff choking the streets to death and causing a crime epidemic, and this was caused by the industrial revolution drawing everybody from the countryside and counties into the capital. Industrialising London was a ****hole of nigh-indescribable proportions. So they were basically able to kill two birds with one stone in the sense they could get rid of hordes of the great unwashed and colonise a new territory through deportation.

It was a big level up for a lot of deportees. Compared to dying slowly of rickets and malnutrition, getting by bonegrubbing and mudlarking, baking bricks in the sunshine for two years then being told to go on your merry way to eat crabs the size of serving platters in paradise probably didn't seem like a terrible trade after all.

* Edited at 07.22.2022, 4:08 PM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 9 years, 1 month, 3 weeks, 2 days, 18 hours, and 44 minutes from now.
gwinCLARKE2019
gwinCLARKE2019

07.22.2022 | 4:07 PM ET

@HiDeff

🤣👍. Sounds like good times.

Baron Von Rattus
Baron Von Rattus
  • Predictions:  92  |  69.6%
  • Forum Posts:  693
  • Post Score: 304

07.22.2022 | 4:11 PM ET

Bro whips out a college essay to explain why i'm kind of right

"I’m in love, Robb, I’m in love with a billion billion people, and I know all of them better than I ever knew you, and they know me, all of me, and they love me."- A song for Lya

****les
****les

07.22.2022 | 4:16 PM ET

Also I think that giant beer thing on that Simpsons episode was based on these.

2L Bottle of beer lol

HiDefff
HiDefff

07.22.2022 | 4:20 PM ET

It was great while it lasted. Couldn't take the Hindu **** so i grabbed a greyhound ticket back to Akron and that was that. Went from living in a gated community to the woods in Akron Ohio lol not my brightest decision but what teenager makes bright decisions. Georgia was awesome though. Id love to go back now as an adult and have some fun. 

Page 476

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Dillon Danis Delivers X-Rated Retort After Paige VanZant Shreds Him on Social Media
  • MMAFighting.com : William Gomis struggles to step on scale at UFC 301 weigh-ins
  • MMA Junkie : Brendan Loughnane vs. Justin Gonzales headlines 2024 PFL 6 in South Dakota
  • MMAFighting.com : Canelo vs. Munguia weigh-in video
  • MMA Junkie : Alex Perez hopes Alexandre Pantoja retains title at UFC 301: 'I want to fight the guy that beat me'
  • MMAFighting.com : Conor McGregor warns Ryan Garcia to get his head right: ‘I’m going to smash it in with elbows if you don’t’
  • MMA Mania : Tom Who? Jones Pursuing ‘Insane’ Pereira Fight
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 weigh-in results: Everyone hits marks in Rio de Janeiro
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 weigh-in results: Jose Aldo makes weight for final fight
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 weigh-in video
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 main, co-main event official weigh-in highlights video
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch UFC 301 weigh-in video LIVE now
  • MMA Mania : Ronda Won’t Play Rousey In Netflix Biopic
  • MMAFighting.com : Jon Jones favors Alex Pereira heavyweight clash over Tom Aspinall: ‘Tom only matters in the U.K.’
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘We see the type of person he is’: Haney not interested in Garcia rematch after failed drug test
  • MMA Junkie : UFC champ Alex Pereira thinks Jiri Prochazka most likely next in line: 'Ankalaev is going to have to wait'
  • MMA Junkie : Jon Jones: Alex Pereira matchup would be 'biggest fight in MMA history' and 'no one can argue that'
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Dustin Poirier admits title win could be perfect ending to career: ‘This is the last chapter’
  • MMA Junkie : Scale snafus: UFC official weigh-in misses in 2024
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 weigh-in video at 8 a.m. ET