Tapology Forums

The Miscellaneous Thread

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,779  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,557
  • Post Score: 262

12.21.2020 | 8:19 PM ET

This Thread Is a Thread where you can post what ever you want from  **** posting to crazy stuff . Any topic MMA related to what ever you want to talk. Try and not be toxic arsehole. And one rule No Politic allowed because that what made people ****s

Let me Start, I find it insane it like 4 days to Chrismas , Im suprise it so close to the end of the Year,  Fells like Junes.Anyone have anything cool plan for Chrissy, I’m probley just gonna mess around at the gym 

* Edited at 12.21.2020, 8:52 PM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

Page 455

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry
  • Predictions:  41,344  |  69.2%
  • Forum Posts:  7,323
  • Post Score: 285

07.13.2022 | 11:13 PM ET

@gwinCLARKE2019

Yep, dead bees! Anyway, here it is:

My great uncle used to live alone in this house in Kent. Upstairs, there was a small, spare room squeezed between the an old master bedroom that he converted into an art studio and the bathroom. The spare room was a very small rectangular room, just enough room for a single bed and maybe a side cabinet for scale. It had one single panel window at the end that faced out into the vast nothingness of Kent. Nothing of note was kept in this room as we'd later find out when clearing the house out and there was basically no reason why anyone would need to go in there. 

After one cold winter, my great uncle insisted on getting double glazed windows in every single window to help keep the heat in. I'm not sure how much it would've cost but given that there were quite a lot of windows around the house, it certainly wouldn't have been cheap. So he finds this glazing company, gets a quote, pays the deposit and they fit all the windows, including the one in the spare room. For all we know, this could've been the last time anyone set foot in that spare room. 

Fast forward many years to the early summer 2015 and my great uncle has passed away and with no children of his own, the house was left to my dad who needed to clear it out. I'd just finished my GCSE's (final high school exams in UK, I was 16 at the time) and was off for the summer and so me and my dad spent a lot of that summer driving to and from my great uncle's house with a car load of new crap to take back. We cleared all the main rooms first and then towards the end of the summer, we finally got round to clearing the spare room. The door didn't open at first, presumably it had gotten stiff due to the lack of use. My dad put his shoulder into it and it opened. The first thing we noticed was the floor was covered in at least a couple of inches worth of dust. 

It was then we noticed the window. 

It took me and my old man a few seconds to realise exactly what we were looking at but after stepping over a few boxes to get a closer look, we found that covering the bottom half of window was a pile of dead bees. A mass grave for bees if you will. We didn't do an exact count but there were well over 50 of them in there. The thing that really struck me was how well preserved they were. They all had their very vivid yellow and black colouring on them and most of their wings were still intact. They were all piled up between the two panes of glass with no obvious damage to the window, windowsill or surrounding wall. Due to the design of the window, it didn't open either. My dad uttered "what in the name of the ******* Pope happened here?" which still remains the only time I've ever heard him swear. 

We went downstairs to have a cup of tea and decide what the best way of getting them out would be. He eventually decided that he'd try and pry the inner panel out with a chisel and so we went back up and tried to remove the panel to no avail. He eventually just gave up and smashed the panel with a mallet, causing some of the bees to fall out but surprisingly, most remained stuck in their original places. My dad suggested that maybe their queen had somehow got stuck in there and they had all tried to rescue her but they were all seemingly ordinary bees with no sign of a larger queen bee. Besides the new damage caused by my dad, there was no previous damage to the window so how they got in was puzzling to us. I've often wondered if the current owners of the house have this problem and if so, what they've done about it.

So anyway, that's the story the bees that decided to take a final pilgrimage to my great uncle's double glazed spare room window to die what I can only imagine was a slow and unpleasant death. I've yet to see anything like it since and still have no idea what caused it. Me and my dad still discuss it whenever bees come up in casual conversation which isn't often but far more common that it should be. If anyone's had any similar experiences or ideas about what caused this phenomenon, I'd love to hear it!

"I wish you good luck but I don't want you to rely on luck"

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420

07.13.2022 | 11:17 PM ET

I think honestly they're a happy medium with Adesanya weight with Jan, He weighed in at under 200lb in a 205 title fight, After the fight Jan weighes in a minimum 220lb, It's nearly impossable to beat a highly skilled fighter with a 20lb(10kg) weight advantage on you, Doesn't matter how good it is, Even bulking up 5 to 10 lbs wouldn't slow him down too much, But tighten the gap in weight, And makes him harder to wresle

I think weight difference in MMA is super under rated, I respect any fighter who goes up a division without becoming the division above. It's such a risk for fighter to do that, Even though I do think it stupid

"Quack quack quack"

gwinCLARKE2019
gwinCLARKE2019
  • Predictions:  1,407  |  61.4%
  • Forum Posts:  1,038
  • Post Score: 215

07.13.2022 | 11:18 PM ET

Thanks for sharing. That's interesting and odd. My knowledge of bees is negligible at best, so I have no idea how that happened. But your explanation is good enough for me.

"This guy is too old to say this kind of ********."

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

07.13.2022 | 11:24 PM ET

@gwinCLARKE2019

Yeah, I'm still confused by it. No obvious way in and no queen bee stuck in there so how that happened is beyond me!

gwinCLARKE2019
gwinCLARKE2019
  • Predictions:  1,407  |  61.4%
  • Forum Posts:  1,038
  • Post Score: 215

07.13.2022 | 11:50 PM ET

Here's some random WMMA questions for y'all

(1) Who is the biggest threat to Valentina Shevchenko at 125 and why?

(2) Assuming Weili beats Carla like a drum (almost certain IMO), would it make better sense for her to try her hand at Valentina, get revenge against Rose, or rack up wins against Rodriguez/Dern/Andrade/Yan? By "better sense," I'm thinking in terms of legacy and moneymaking. Whether those conflict or are complementary I'll leave to you?

(3) Can Rose get back in the proper (mental) fighting form with Wittman and Pat the Groomer? I think she needs a coaching change ASAP. Pat is an idiot and Wittman wasn't assertive enough to give Rose the advice she needed to hear. 

(4) Is there a point to Women's Featherweight in the UFC other than dragging out some rando as a sacrifice to Amanda? Would it be better businesswise to properly build the division or scrap it?

(5) Should Amanda retire if she loses again to Pena?

"This guy is too old to say this kind of ********."

TARTARA
TARTARA
  • Predictions:  53,916  |  69.0%
  • Forum Posts:  5,186
  • Post Score: 65

07.13.2022 | 11:54 PM ET

Zhang Weili All The Way !

"KURZHAAR - Tomorrow Never Comes Until It's Too Late"

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420

07.14.2022 | 12:15 AM ET

I think Blancfield is the one to beat Valentina,  Valentina getting futher from her prime and Blancfield is getting closer to it, also Wresling is the way to beat Valentina, Valentina striking defence is to good

"Quack quack quack"

****les
****les
  • Predictions:  280  |  67.9%
  • Forum Posts:  2,228
  • Post Score: 244

07.14.2022 | 1:55 AM ET

@Steve if I had to guess, it was a swarm that moved into the walls of your uncle's house. You see, when the Queen of a hive gets too old, the hive will create another queen. Or something like that.This essentially results in a kind of civil war between the bees. Half the total hive gets displaced from whatever it is living and swarms. I've seen this once before. A large tree branch absolutely smothered with a writhing mass of bees.

It's not uncommon for them to take up residence in wall cavities, because these are perfect structures for building new hives.

Sometimes people find honey leaking out of their walls like this.

Anyway, my guess is that a bunch died in the walls and the ones that didn't either escaped or found themselves trapped in that double glazed room.

* Edited at 07.14.2022, 1:56 AM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 9 years, 1 month, 4 weeks, 1 day, and 18 minutes from now.
CrimsonChinGuru
CrimsonChinGuru
  • Predictions:  3,132  |  64.0%
  • Forum Posts:  10,542
  • Post Score: 108

07.14.2022 | 2:00 AM ET

^^
I'd slow my roll on Blanchfield she still needs multiple wins + needs to prove herself in the Top 10.

I think the winner of Grasso vs Araujo could have a good chance and I imagine the winner is going to be built as the next title challenger.
 Out of top 10 matchups for Women's Flyweight; I like 1 of those girls to stack up against Valentina nicely, win or lose.

* Edited at 07.14.2022, 2:05 AM ET *

"They killed Jesus for speaking the truth..."

Fremen
Fremen
  • Predictions:  1,368  |  64.5%
  • Forum Posts:  3,579
  • Post Score: 218

07.14.2022 | 2:05 AM ET

Aussies know everything about insects

"****."

CrimsonChinGuru
CrimsonChinGuru
  • Predictions:  3,132  |  64.0%
  • Forum Posts:  10,542
  • Post Score: 108

07.14.2022 | 2:15 AM ET

Maybe I've hit the dab pen at work too many times but did anybody see Dana White giving NELK $250K in cash as a  'GIFT'?

I think it's all a plot to keep pushing fighters on their platforms and grabbing more exposure for the UFC with social media. 

I think that $250K wasn't a 'gift', it was a "thank you and keep doing what you are doing for the UFC." But used for publicity.

AM I Eddie Bravo insane or naaa? I'll stop drinking the water.

* Edited at 07.14.2022, 2:21 AM ET *

"They killed Jesus for speaking the truth..."

****les
****les
  • Predictions:  280  |  67.9%
  • Forum Posts:  2,228
  • Post Score: 244

07.14.2022 | 2:38 AM ET

@Fremen believe it or not, native Australian bees are stingless. Totally harmless. They are about the size of flies and look similar, and do not produce honeycomb like European bees, but rather store their honey in sacks. Aboriginal people here call it 'sugarbag'. Tried it once, very very potent.

This user is suspended from posting until 9 years, 1 month, 4 weeks, 1 day, and 18 minutes from now.
Fremen
Fremen

07.14.2022 | 2:48 AM ET

remind me of these

"****."

kushycake
kushycake
  • Predictions:  4,584  |  70.7%
  • Forum Posts:  943
  • Post Score: 387

07.14.2022 | 5:12 AM ET

CrimsonChinGuru

Who knows. I remember Steve gifting Dana a van with Howler Head whiskey design, huh. Price was around 300'000, if I remember correct. 

Maybe Dana giving back to other boys from NELK's (I think Steve wouldn't mind) instead of him as they are from same association, but have to see as his birthday is on the way too in end of august.
Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

07.14.2022 | 5:17 AM ET

@****les

That's interesting, I didn't know they made hives in walls. I'd just assumed they just made them in trees and bushes and the like. Luckily we didn't have any honey coming out of the walls like that as knowing what my old mans like, he'd have probably said "**** it" and burnt the bloody thing down lol!

Xconchris
Xconchris
  • Predictions:  6,162  |  67.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,151
  • Post Score: 333

07.14.2022 | 9:47 AM ET

@Fremen. You have a link to the podcast

"Dont take life too serious, you will never make it out alive."

Fremen
Fremen

07.14.2022 | 2:02 PM ET

@xconchris unfortunately for you it was in Polish language, so I guess you wouldn't understand much

"****."

Xconchris
Xconchris
  • Predictions:  6,162  |  67.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,151
  • Post Score: 333

07.14.2022 | 2:55 PM ET

Negative 

"Dont take life too serious, you will never make it out alive."

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise
  • Predictions:  16,000  |  67.4%
  • Forum Posts:  32,091
  • Post Score: 88

07.14.2022 | 4:02 PM ET

"“Unfortunately you can’t talk like that on FOX” - Joe Rogan"

Fremen
Fremen

07.14.2022 | 4:30 PM ET

I have to watch this show, was live today but I was away from home, if I'll get some interesting info from there I'll tell you.

Did he just pick up that KSW commentator holding his neck? Maaan..

They have pretty friendly relationship, this interviewer will soon visit Gamrot to do a sparring with him and ask him some fan questions, all of it will land on youtube. I'll let you know when that happens. This guy is well recognizable in Polish MMA community. 

* Edited at 07.14.2022, 4:35 PM ET *

"****."

Page 455

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : IBJJF Brazilian National Championship (Brasileiro) 2024 Full Results And Review
  • MMA Mania : Borralho Vs. Craig Betting Odds, Breakdown, Prediction
  • MMA Mania : Inspirational Pereira ‘Not Worried’ About Legacy Talk
  • MMA Mania : White ‘Probably A Little Mad’ About McGregor BKFC Deal
  • MMAFighting.com : Jairzinho Rozenstruik plans to reconnect with ‘my real power source’ in Suriname, return against a top heavyweight
  • MMA Junkie : Karine Silva will keep 'unreachable' callout secret for one more fight after UFC on ESPN 55
  • MMA Mania : Matches To Make After UFC Vegas 91
  • MMA Mania : Matches To Maker After UFC Vegas 91
  • MMA Junkie : Ketlen Souza unwilling to take breaks after scoring first octagon win at UFC on ESPN 55
  • MMAFighting.com : Bogdan Guskov promises to keep delivering exciting fights after UFC Vegas 91 win: ‘I love blood’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 winner Maheshate felt 'extra burden' after consecutive losses
  • MMA Mania : Covington On ‘Nobody’ Garry: ‘He’s Not Serious’
  • MMAFighting.com : Bryan Barberena announces UFC exit, calls for ‘real brawler’ BKFC battle with Mike Perry
  • MMA Junkie : Austin Hubbard admits he was 'super nervous, stressed out' before UFC on ESPN 55 win
  • MMA Junkie : Charly Arnolt details historic impromptu UFC cage announcer role: 'I was scared of messing up'
  • MMAFighting.com : Paddy Pimblett responds to UFC 300 callouts from Renato Moicano, Bobby Green
  • MMA Junkie : 'LokDog' Vinicius Oliveira gets Ricky Simon in first fight since UFC Knockout of the Year candidate
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 winner Don'Tale Mayes wants quick return on hometown Louisville card
  • MMA Mania : ‘My Style, It’s Worst Style For This Guy Dustin’
  • MMAFighting.com : Thiago Alves retires from combat sports after Mike Perry knockout loss at KnuckleMania 4