Tapology Forums

The Miscellaneous Thread

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,766  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,544
  • Post Score: 262

12.21.2020 | 8:19 PM ET

This Thread Is a Thread where you can post what ever you want from  **** posting to crazy stuff . Any topic MMA related to what ever you want to talk. Try and not be toxic arsehole. And one rule No Politic allowed because that what made people ****s

Let me Start, I find it insane it like 4 days to Chrismas , Im suprise it so close to the end of the Year,  Fells like Junes.Anyone have anything cool plan for Chrissy, I’m probley just gonna mess around at the gym 

* Edited at 12.21.2020, 8:52 PM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

Page 123

TheWBush
TheWBush
  • Predictions:  243  |  84.0%
  • Forum Posts:  436
  • Post Score: 358

10.18.2021 | 6:06 PM ET

Im pretty sure steven seagal is a black belt in portuguese jiu jitsu and in palestinian krav maga

"Say perhaps to drugs"

tepid55
tepid55
  • Predictions:  52,409  |  75.6%
  • Forum Posts:  2,339
  • Post Score: 168

10.18.2021 | 6:09 PM ET

The only UFC event that I attended was UFC 69 at Toyota Center in Houston, Texas.
TheWBush
TheWBush
  • Predictions:  243  |  84.0%
  • Forum Posts:  436
  • Post Score: 358

10.18.2021 | 6:14 PM ET

I can only dream of such experiences

"Say perhaps to drugs"

Xconchris
Xconchris
  • Predictions:  6,149  |  67.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,142
  • Post Score: 333

10.18.2021 | 6:18 PM ET

I used to watch all the early UFCs on the "Blackbox" . Some of you degenerates know what that is. Got back into it in 2004 and haven't missed a second since. It was a good time to get into it because i was able to go back and watch all the UFC and Prides before 2004 and everything ever since. Even had a mmaunderground account back when it was Submissionfighting.com or something similar. Everyone was a TUF noob back then

"Dont take life too serious, you will never make it out alive."

Casual008
Casual008
  • Predictions:  4,535  |  67.1%
  • Forum Posts:  2,865
  • Post Score: 259

10.18.2021 | 6:25 PM ET

In some maybe good news there will be no charges laid against Chuck. 
https://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/32425436/no-charges-filed-ufc-legend-chuck-liddell-october-domestic-violence-arrest

Some interesting points in the article
[The listed reason for why prosecution will not be pursued was "lack of sufficient evidence," and the comments stated that "the arresting officer concurs." Both Liddell and his wife, Heidi, were named in the document as suspects, each facing a charge of intimate partner violence.

The case was classified as a "cross complaint" where Liddell and his wife accused each other of being the aggressor in a "minor domestic violence incident." Heidi had no visible injuries, per the document, while Liddell had a "slight red mark on his cheek and a small red mark near his chest." Police interviewed the Liddells' daughter, who stated that she saw her parents pushing each other, but did not see who started the incident]

"They're sorcerers they don't get knocked out"

Casual008
Casual008
  • Predictions:  4,535  |  67.1%
  • Forum Posts:  2,865
  • Post Score: 259

10.18.2021 | 6:28 PM ET

Seems like that Instagram I post earlier last week wasn't completely ********, that there was a level of spousal abuse from Chuck's wife against him and even though he was the arrested he was the only one with visible damage. 

"They're sorcerers they don't get knocked out"

FistyMcKickerChoke
FistyMcKickerChoke
  • Predictions:  29,519  |  80.7%
  • Forum Posts:  4,551
  • Post Score: 236

10.18.2021 | 6:58 PM ET

Finally some good news, hopefully they go to therapy and work **** out properly.

And I'm pretty sure Steven Seagal has a blackbelt in eating potato chips and farting, that's about it.

"Throughout my career I've learned that "If you win you're the ****, if you lose it's bad." - Bruno "Blindadao" Silva"

Joshjeffords
Joshjeffords
  • Predictions:  4,263  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  6,261
  • Post Score: 136

10.18.2021 | 7:03 PM ET

I mean he owned a gym so he is automatically a massah an black belt..
But as far as any real accolade doubt it he often turned down fights with mediocre kickboxers and karate guys.
And of course got choked by judo gene lebel that would be his best had he not **** himself.

"“I took no damage,” Hill said. “Most of the fall was me falling down"

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,490  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

10.19.2021 | 8:22 AM ET

What happened to Gasaway?  I remember him against Sanchez and i also have some old DVDs of him in IFC.

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda

10.19.2021 | 8:24 AM ET

@bladric Eggling, that is the Ahwahnee hotel.  it is in Yosemite.  They got the idea for the Shining layout from there.  The Colorado lounge in the Shining is also based off of what the Ahwahnee has for its lounge.

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda

10.19.2021 | 8:27 AM ET

@Wastelandwanderer

i mean Maine.  That pic is where Kubrick got the idea for the Shining set.  i know it was supposed to be in Colorado but most of his stuff is in Maine.  When I was in Bangor, I got a pic of his old house. 
Its too bad about Portland.  I was there in 2014 and it was great. Woodstock, Vermont was also nice along with Plymouth Notch and Concord, NH. 
Never been to Eire.

Xconchris
Xconchris

10.19.2021 | 8:42 AM ET

Article says CTC disease but brothers tweets seem like suicide. Also mentioned he had bad CTE

Xconchris
Xconchris

10.19.2021 | 8:48 AM ET

MMA is such a young sport that just now I think we are starting to see fighters from the 90s and 2000s starting to show signs of CTE. 

Gary Goodridge and Spencer Fischer are good examples.

I believe in another 10 years there will be a huge uptick of fighters coming out with head trauma and CTE in massive waves.

Truly believe Robbie Lawler will be one of the worst cases and barely be able to function. Just because I know boxers who are in there 40s and have the brain of a 80 year old man. And they remind me of Robbie so much with their facial features, body language and the way they talk. He will be on a ESPN special in the future

Rigno
Rigno
  • Predictions:  5,037  |  70.4%
  • Forum Posts:  388
  • Post Score: 215

10.19.2021 | 11:04 AM ET

what happened to the wagering league? is it still going?

"When a man lies, he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?"

tepid55
tepid55
  • Predictions:  52,409  |  75.6%
  • Forum Posts:  2,339
  • Post Score: 168

10.19.2021 | 11:09 AM ET

@Rigno

The Tapology Wagering League is still active.
Rigno
Rigno
  • Predictions:  5,037  |  70.4%
  • Forum Posts:  388
  • Post Score: 215

10.19.2021 | 11:09 AM ET

can you send me a link?

"When a man lies, he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?"

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda

10.19.2021 | 11:46 AM ET

Yeah, goodridge was bad years ago.  I wonder how he is nowadays.

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

10.19.2021 | 3:15 PM ET

Not great.

* Edited at 10.19.2021, 3:15 PM ET *

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

10.19.2021 | 3:33 PM ET

Female Author awarded 1.16 Million literary prize actually turns out to be three men.

Carmen Mola, an author who until now has been presented as a female university professor writing under a pen name because of her desire for anonymity (something nobody would question since progressive critics would simply assume she's doing this to protect herself from online hate hate speech), revealed her true identity to the world when the main prize was awarded in the presence of the Spanish King.

When the writer's name was called three men walked to the podium. It turns out, Mola was actually a collaboration between three Spanish TV writers (Mola is neither a woman nor an academic). Their names: Jorge Díaz, Agustín Martínez nor Antonio Mercero are academics. They have worked on scripts for shows including On Duty Pharmacy, Central Hospital and No Heaven Without Breasts.

"Carmen Mola is not, like all the lies we’ve been telling, a university professor," said Díaz on winning the prize. "We are three friends who one day four years ago decided to combine our talent to tell a story."

The group of men won the prize for a book titled The Beast, a historical thriller set during the cholera epidemic in 1834. During an interview with a Spanish newspaper, one of them claimed that they "didn’t hide behind a woman, we hid behind a name."

"I don’t know if a female pseudonym would sell more than a male one, I don’t have the faintest idea, but I doubt it," he added.

Carmen Mola was said by the men’s publishers, Penguin Random House, to be the pseudonym of a female writer born in Madrid. Mola was also described as a forty-something mother of three children, who worked as a professor while writing crime thrillers in her spare time.

"Mola", or the men hiding behind Mola, has also been interviewed by the Spanish press, and a picture has been shared on her publisher’s website depicting a woman with her back to the camera who was identified as Mola.

https://www.zerohedge.com/economics/female-writer-who-won-worlds-biggest-literary-prize-turns-out-be-three-men

Hadrian Caesar
Hadrian Caesar
  • Predictions:  904  |  67.1%
  • Forum Posts:  1,114
  • Post Score: 338

10.19.2021 | 3:39 PM ET

A mother of 3 kids turned in to 3 men, just goes to show you can be whatever you want if you try hard enough 

* Edited at 10.19.2021, 4:07 PM ET *

"Cowards die many times before their deaths; The valiant never taste of death but once." - Julius Caesar.

Page 123

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Coach Benched Dariush To ‘Focus On His Health’
  • UFC.com : Marnic Mann Gets Down To Business
  • Middle Easy : Anthony Smith ‘Shocked’ By How Good Sean Strickland Truly Is: ‘He Only Shows a Small Part of His Game’
  • MMA Junkie : Photos: BKFC: Knucklemania 4 pre-fight press conference
  • MMAFighting.com : Thiago Alves was basically retired until BKFC called for Mike Perry fight: ‘Money talks’
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! UFC Vegas 91 Early Weigh Ins!
  • MMA Junkie : Jose Aldo ready to trade leg kicks with Jonathan Martinez at UFC 301: 'I'm a specalist at what I do'
  • MMAFighting.com : Missed Fists: Fighter cusses out judge, tells them to quit
  • MMA Junkie : UFC champion Sean O'Malley on delay for Merab Dvalishvili title bout: 'I'm not fighting out of the country'
  • MMA Mania : BKFC ‘KnuckleMania 4’ Predictions
  • MMAFighting.com : Anthony Smith stands by Alex Pereira criticism but promises he’s not just ‘talking sh*t’ about him
  • UFC.com : Weigh-In Results | UFC Fight Night: Nicolau vs Perez
  • MMA Mania : Hunt Files To Unseal All Docs In UFC-Lesnar Lawsuit
  • MMA Junkie : Savannah Marshall signed with PFL for Claressa Shields rematch: 'The goal is to make a build-up'
  • MMA Mania : NSAC To Fine Biters, Brawlers And Diego Lopes?!?
  • MMA Mania : NAC To Fine Biters, Brawlers And Diego Lopez?!
  • MMA Junkie : Raw video: Max Holloway's BMF-ness, Conor's first belt and more UFC legendary moments – without commentary
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Amanda Ribas details recent stalker encounter: ‘He was telling people I was his wife’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 weigh-in results and live video stream (noon ET)
  • MMA Junkie : Scale snafus: UFC official weigh-in misses in 2024