Tapology Forums

The Miscellaneous Thread

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,766  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,536
  • Post Score: 262

12.21.2020 | 8:19 PM ET

This Thread Is a Thread where you can post what ever you want from  **** posting to crazy stuff . Any topic MMA related to what ever you want to talk. Try and not be toxic arsehole. And one rule No Politic allowed because that what made people ****s

Let me Start, I find it insane it like 4 days to Chrismas , Im suprise it so close to the end of the Year,  Fells like Junes.Anyone have anything cool plan for Chrissy, I’m probley just gonna mess around at the gym 

* Edited at 12.21.2020, 8:52 PM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

Page 126

Fremen
Fremen
  • Predictions:  1,368  |  64.5%
  • Forum Posts:  3,579
  • Post Score: 218

10.22.2021 | 11:52 AM ET

can we already say its post-conor era for ufc? 

"****."

Joshjeffords
Joshjeffords
  • Predictions:  4,252  |  64.2%
  • Forum Posts:  6,242
  • Post Score: 137

10.22.2021 | 3:05 PM ET

They do cgi fake gunshots often or safe pyrotechnics there were multiple injuries not likely a bullet.
The news clip on here offers little hard fact what really went on.
Most likely boiled down to lack of safety due to lack of budget or actual proper execs.
The history of low budget injuries or even deaths is quite staggering usually stunt men and people nobody cares about.
The Crow I.E the Brandon Lee reference is a perfect example, or several Chuck Norris flicks. 

* Edited at 10.22.2021, 3:10 PM ET *

"Weasel Piss *********" Dan Hooker

TWJake
TWJake
  • Predictions:  6,091  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  2,492
  • Post Score: 338

10.22.2021 | 4:18 PM ET

What I am wondering is how the **** he shot two people? Did the bullet richochet or something? What caliber was the gun

"I know many a troops that I visit when I went to Iraq in 2005... 2-uh excuse me in 19-or.. 05' 06' 07' 08' 09' 2010 2011. I went from the Korwaiten border! All the way up to the Turkish border!" -Tito Ortiz

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

10.22.2021 | 5:03 PM ET

CrimsonChinGuru
CrimsonChinGuru
  • Predictions:  3,103  |  64.0%
  • Forum Posts:  10,536
  • Post Score: 109

10.22.2021 | 6:54 PM ET

Something I gotta bring up is how much of a sham these mma gyms are don't get me wrong I love my gym, it's ran by the legendary Cosmo 'Goodboy' Alexandre who is a great guy but the fee of $2400 or $1800 if you pay straight up for the year then Cosmo makes you buy his shirts or you have to clean matts + just gets on you every class if you don't have one after practice then they are talking about raising the price of memberships which makes no sense since we literally have 1 instructor in there most of times unless bjj where other black belts help while rolling: the whole point of them raising the prices is supposedly due to the instructors who've already been here from the start + half of the time it's amateur fighters teaching the classes... Haven't even got to the worst parts; classes are like an hour where 30-40 mins is conditioning, other 30 mins is either bag work or practicing combos on a partners gloves then even worse is if you want to hit mitts it's an extra $100+ for an hour of hitting mitts with Cosmo. 
Can see why a lot of people don't become mma fighters or things of that nature, it's expensive and it comes off has you are just there to provide them money. I know obviously a man with 100+ fights should get paid for his skills but Holy God some people work 40+ hrs a week, have families to feed and bills to pay just want to train without spending a bag.

Sorry about the rant but just feels people are more about making $$ then getting fighters to the next level.

Would love to hear other opinions on the matter and if I'm just being a broke boy.

* Edited at 10.22.2021, 7:04 PM ET *

"They killed Jesus for speaking the truth..."

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

10.22.2021 | 7:23 PM ET

Aged like milk. This is one of the many reasons I don't do social media. Fortuna has a wicked sense of humour.

Xconchris
Xconchris
  • Predictions:  6,126  |  67.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,131
  • Post Score: 333

10.22.2021 | 8:26 PM ET

@Crimson. Sounds like Cosmos gym is ********. Been to a bunch. Some are great friendly and family oriented. Others are clicky and full of bullies and egos. Every place is very different then the other.

Sounds like that gym is a cancer and they are a dime a dozen. Unless you live in a location where that's your only option. 

"Dont take life too serious, you will never make it out alive."

Xconchris
Xconchris

10.22.2021 | 9:16 PM ET

I had a few friends who trained back 10 years ago at Miguel Torres gym. Said he was a complete *************. Huge ego, beat the dog **** out of new people and made them quit. I read stories online about how bad of a gym he ran too along time ago.

Also @Crimson, if your in Florida, I think you would have a very large amount of places to train.... Your probably loyal but don't be afraid to switch things up and try a new place. Everyone got different opinions and you might find another place you will like better.

Xconchris
Xconchris

10.22.2021 | 9:22 PM ET

Also this

CrimsonChinGuru
CrimsonChinGuru

10.22.2021 | 9:37 PM ET

@Xconchris

Naples, FL only problem is all the other good gyms I know of are 3-4 hours away in Miami or something. We have a 5th degree black belt here and Cosmo who teaches us good combos. I've wrestled for 11 years so guys who have fights coming up always want to grapple me cause I have a funky wrestling style so I get good practice in and even Cosmo is very nice guy but just seems like money over creating a good fighter which is sad. Nobody wants to put the extra time in to get you better, just sucks but fighting is something I'm going to try regardless to see how it pans out.

Didn't mean to put a bad spotlight on the gym everybody is respectful and nice at least to me because they see the talent but just if you want to get extra work either $ or on your own which sucks.

* Edited at 10.22.2021, 9:38 PM ET *

Xconchris
Xconchris

10.22.2021 | 9:50 PM ET

Sucks to hear all the other good gyms are so far away. I drive more than 1 hour and I hate life.

I understand what you mean about the gym better now. Had a few beers and was all fired up to hate on something. 

Usually if 1 person feels a certain way, many others will too. 

Your kinda stuck in a hard spot being that's the only place close to you.

TWJake
TWJake
  • Predictions:  6,091  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  2,492
  • Post Score: 338

10.22.2021 | 9:59 PM ET

I train at kindve a ****hole run by an egomaniac, but in a few years I'm gonna be at ASU and I'm gonna try to train at the MMA Lab

"I know many a troops that I visit when I went to Iraq in 2005... 2-uh excuse me in 19-or.. 05' 06' 07' 08' 09' 2010 2011. I went from the Korwaiten border! All the way up to the Turkish border!" -Tito Ortiz

CrimsonChinGuru
CrimsonChinGuru

10.22.2021 | 10:01 PM ET

Yeah lmao all good brother. 

I just got done with my 3rd week and I have seen tremendous strides in my game but only because my work ethic and I do 2 adays Monday-Thursday, will start sparring Fridays.  sometimes 2 practices on Saturday if I'm able to have to energy from work. Try to run anywhere from 3-6 miles right now on Sundays.

So my dedication is thru the roof just wish other people saw what I put in to have an attempt to be great. But no rush, plan on making my amateur debut in a year or so after many rounds of sparring. Only 20 y/o's so I have time. 

@Xconchris appreciate the words didn't know if I was just being a whiny biotch and I drive 40 mins with horrible traffic! Lmao

CrimsonChinGuru
CrimsonChinGuru

10.22.2021 | 10:03 PM ET

Ohhh the mma lab is a nice place I bet! Killers like Bryce Meredith, Kyler Phillips and so many more!

Idk maybe it's me but I feel training partners make the gym not the coaches cause a lot of them just wants the $$$.

* Edited at 10.22.2021, 10:03 PM ET *

Fremen
Fremen
  • Predictions:  1,368  |  64.5%
  • Forum Posts:  3,579
  • Post Score: 218

10.23.2021 | 2:54 AM ET

Giga Chikadze had fought absolute amateurs before joining ufc, *** is this win over 2-30 record guy?

Just take a look at his opponents records before DWCS as well, why am I so late with discovering that ***

* Edited at 10.23.2021, 2:57 AM ET *

"****."

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

10.23.2021 | 6:24 AM ET

@CrimsonChinGuru theres a list of the gyms in Florida below, your only 20 so many years ahead but when your a bit older it would be cool to somehow get to ATT in Boca Raton, im not sure how expensive their fees are, but thats maybe the best gym in the world, and even though its a good drive away from you, think of all the international fighters who take a plane journey to train there! Just an idea, but to become the best you gotta train with the best/iron sharpens iron... Yeah just an idea though, you would get really hard spars and workouts in there and im sure you would bring value to them also. Don't be a afraid to branch out and visit different gyms to see different styles and looks too.
https://www.tapology.com/gyms/state/fl

* Edited at 10.23.2021, 7:17 AM ET *

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

FistyMcKickerChoke
FistyMcKickerChoke
  • Predictions:  29,447  |  80.7%
  • Forum Posts:  4,545
  • Post Score: 237

10.23.2021 | 11:18 AM ET

@adrndc yeah sometimes people crush cans because nobody else will accept a fight with them. I think that's the same with Zvadishvili or however you spell the name of the Georgian fighting in UFC today. His opponents were all debuting for his first 12 fights but he's beaten two legit opponents now without issue

"Throughout my career I've learned that "If you win you're the ****, if you lose it's bad." - Bruno "Blindadao" Silva"

Xconchris
Xconchris

10.23.2021 | 2:39 PM ET

CrimsonChinGuru
CrimsonChinGuru

10.23.2021 | 9:44 PM ET

@WastelandWanderer 

I agree would love to train at ATT HQ after a while with the amount of flyweight killers they have. But you can't just pay a fee and train there, you have to be selected or something they don't allow just anybody to train there. Atleast from what I've read.

A good gym that is on the up around here that has caught my eye is The Goat Shed gym in Miami. They have some really good bantamweights and flyweights, and bring a lot of high profiled fighters/trainers in. Only problem I've seen is that they can crush hard!!

Appreciate the opinions and info fellas fyi!

* Edited at 10.23.2021, 9:49 PM ET *

Xconchris
Xconchris

10.23.2021 | 9:52 PM ET

Why don't call call and ask what the requirements are.

Worst thing they can say is No.

That was also my philosophy about trying to pick up good looking girls when I was younger. 😂

Page 126

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : ADXC 4: Ffion Davies And Morgan Black Face Each Other In The Grappling Co-Main Event
  • Jits Magazine : Stacked Tournaments Confirmed For Midwest Finishers 18
  • MMAFighting.com : PFL 3 Results: Koreshkov vs. Umalatov
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: ‘I Decide Who, When, And Where’
  • MMA Mania : Muhammad Goes Off On Edwards And ‘Fakest Team I’ve Ever Seen’
  • MMA Junkie : Ryan Garcia has skill set to compete with Devin Haney. Does he have mindset?
  • MMAFighting.com : Max Holloway mocks Ilia Topuria’s demands for potential fight; Topuria responds
  • MMA Junkie : Henry Cejudo: Bo Nickal needs to hold his horses, 'maybe 10 fights away from possibly becoming UFC champion'
  • MMA Mania : Frenemies? ‘I Hate To See A Fighter Lose His Confidence’
  • MMA Junkie : 2024 PFL 3 weigh-in results: Welterweights, featherweights set in Chicago
  • MMA Mania : ‘When I Was Your Age, I Already Had Title Defenses, Buddy’
  • MMAFighting.com : Haney vs. Garcia fight card
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Belal Muhammad Claims He ‘Hates Leon Edwards’ Guts,’ Hopes To Dethrone The Welterweight King In Manchester
  • Middle Easy : Jorge Masvidal Says He’s ‘Definitely’ Returning To UFC, Wants Logan Paul Or Floyd Mayweather Jr In Boxing After Nate Diaz
  • Middle Easy : Daniel Cormier Suggests Herb Dean Played a Part in Jamahal Hill’s UFC 300 Loss, ‘Big’ John McCarthy Responds
  • MMA Junkie : Max Holloway responds to the 'un-BMF' demands from UFC champ Ilia Topuria
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘You will be exposed on Saturday night if you are not ready’: Eddie Hearn says things about to get real for Ryan Garcia
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘You will be exposed on Saturday night if you are not ready’: Hearn says things about to get real for Garcia
  • MMA Mania : PFL Chicago Weigh Ins Results, Staredowns!
  • MMAFighting.com : Video: Relive every win of Conor McGregor’s epic UFC career