Tapology Forums

The Miscellaneous Thread

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,766  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,542
  • Post Score: 262

12.21.2020 | 8:19 PM ET

This Thread Is a Thread where you can post what ever you want from  **** posting to crazy stuff . Any topic MMA related to what ever you want to talk. Try and not be toxic arsehole. And one rule No Politic allowed because that what made people ****s

Let me Start, I find it insane it like 4 days to Chrismas , Im suprise it so close to the end of the Year,  Fells like Junes.Anyone have anything cool plan for Chrissy, I’m probley just gonna mess around at the gym 

* Edited at 12.21.2020, 8:52 PM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

Page 127

CrimsonChinGuru
CrimsonChinGuru
  • Predictions:  3,115  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  10,536
  • Post Score: 109

10.23.2021 | 9:56 PM ET

Hahaha I gotcha! Def will plan on finishing my year membership here learning Cosmo's Muay Thai system and getting better at bjj while I work and wait for my dog to be ready to have pups should fatten up my pockets so I can make a smart move to better my all around mma game.

"They killed Jesus for speaking the truth..."

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

10.23.2021 | 10:48 PM ET

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

10.24.2021 | 1:14 AM ET

This is the production armourer (person responsible for oversight/safety protocols involving firearms) on Baldwin's set and during production.

I'm not sure I'd trust her with a super soaker, frankly.

https://mobile.twitter.com/FDSheckler/status/1451863147401338882

Xconchris
Xconchris
  • Predictions:  6,149  |  67.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,136
  • Post Score: 333

10.24.2021 | 7:38 AM ET

I prefer a big fat sweaty beared ex army ranger to be in charge..but emo girl it is

* Edited at 10.24.2021, 7:43 AM ET *

"Dont take life too serious, you will never make it out alive."

Xconchris
Xconchris

10.24.2021 | 8:41 AM ET

I am enjoying the hundreds of Alex Baldwin memes everyone is making. He's a **** so I don't even feel bad

Hadrian Caesar
Hadrian Caesar
  • Predictions:  904  |  67.1%
  • Forum Posts:  1,114
  • Post Score: 338

10.24.2021 | 10:48 AM ET

Don't diss the Boss Baby

"Cowards die many times before their deaths; The valiant never taste of death but once." - Julius Caesar.

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry
  • Predictions:  41,304  |  69.2%
  • Forum Posts:  7,311
  • Post Score: 285

10.24.2021 | 2:58 PM ET

@Xconchris

I'm not really a big fan of Baldwin either but I do feel for him here as he must feel terrible about what happened. Obviously I feel even more sympathy for Halyna Hutchins and her loved ones even more as nobody should have to lose someone they love in such a freak (and from what I've read, preventable) accident. It's still too early to play the blame game but I still stand by my view that the armourer must've been somewhat negligent in her role. 

* Edited at 10.24.2021, 2:59 PM ET *

"I wish you good luck but I don't want you to rely on luck"

Xconchris
Xconchris

10.24.2021 | 6:16 PM ET

@Stephen, I feel alittle bad for Baldwin.. obviously he has no fault in this accident. But for a smug and arrogant celebrity who is protected constantly by men with guns, who believes us regular people shouldn't have guns, then playing a part in a movie shooting guns, accidentally killing someone with a gun, is some sort of cosmic karma for that guy.

And yes, the person who was in charge of the prop gun should be charged in some way or fashion

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

10.24.2021 | 6:29 PM ET

I mean there's no legitimate reason that he shouldn't face charges based on negligence alone. Rules for thee.
Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

10.24.2021 | 6:41 PM ET

@Baldric Eggling

I don't think Baldwin should face any charges. He's an actor, his job is to act. I wouldn't expect him to have to check his firearms before use (that's what armours are for) and there's a good chance that he wouldn't know how to check it safely so it would probably increase the chances of something like this happening if he attempted to. From what I've read, the armourer puts the loaded gun on a cart and one of the producers picks it up, not knowing it was loaded but also without checking it and shouts "cold gun" or something similar to indicate the gun is safe before handing it to Baldwin so maybe the producer that handed Baldwin the gun is at fault to an extent but I'm a bit confused as to why the armourer didn't check the gun was safe and then hand it to Baldwin herself. That seems like a much easier and safer procedure but I've never been in a movie or fired a gun so what do I know?

* Edited at 10.24.2021, 6:42 PM ET *

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

10.24.2021 | 6:53 PM ET

He's not just an actor. He's a producer. And he was working in that capacity when this happened. By extension, that effectively means he's culpable for essentially everything that happens on set. It's not really a 'mens rea' issue. As I said originally, it's a negligence issue. It's not really any different from when a CEO signs off on something that causes a recall or an environmental disaster.  CEO's can be criminally charged with corporate misconduct.

There were allegedly safety concerns prior to the incident, and several members of the production crew walked off the set as a result. There were three accidental discharges in the days leading up to it. 

https://www.news10.com/top-stories/rust-camera-crew-left-set-in-protest-hours-before-alec-baldwin-fatal-shooting-report-says/

* Edited at 10.24.2021, 6:54 PM ET *

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

10.24.2021 | 6:57 PM ET

@Baldric Eggling

Well, if he was a producer on the film as well then I guess you're right that he'd be responsible for the health and safety stuff as well so now I know that, I guess he could be at fault. This is starting to sound like one of those tragedies caused by multiple people dropping the ball.

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

10.25.2021 | 1:26 AM ET

Inflation: Is anyone feeling the squeeze?

This question is more directed at US members, because you guys are at the front of the Bus. Inflation is getting bad according to most indicators, but statistics often don't bear out in real terms. Have you noticed the price of stuff getting worse, and the availability of it declining?

Joshjeffords
Joshjeffords
  • Predictions:  4,263  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  6,256
  • Post Score: 136

10.25.2021 | 2:03 AM ET

Yes arent they in Aussielands?

"“I took no damage,” Hill said. “Most of the fall was me falling down"

FresnoMMA
FresnoMMA
  • Predictions:  55,057  |  68.6%
  • Forum Posts:  7,431
  • Post Score: 204

10.25.2021 | 2:04 AM ET

In SLO County, CA this weekend regular grade gasoline was $4.89
I also regularly leave grocery stores with no more than 15 basic items spending around $60-120 each time. At this point I don't even know if it jumped up randomly and that's why I'm surprised or if it was done so gradually over a period of time that I haven't really noticed as of now. 
DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,766  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,542
  • Post Score: 262

10.25.2021 | 4:00 AM ET

I had fuel for 1.90 for a liter of fuel, it cost  $100 to fill up an tank, It usually take $70 to fill it up

"Quack quack quack"

Tieoken
Tieoken
  • Predictions:  1,977  |  59.0%
  • Forum Posts:  3,620
  • Post Score: 313

10.25.2021 | 8:31 AM ET

Inflation is ******* bananas. I live in the midwest and largely have coasted through most of the larger price swings (Panama blockage, but even back four years ago with the oil near-embargo). But now, everything from blueberries to Christmas gifts is 15-20% more expensive then it was. Even some of my farmer/rancher friends are saying they might have to pay more for their land next season which will make all food more expensive. I prefer to keep my nose in a book and let the tin-foil hat wearing people worry about "The Government" by and large, but this is likely history repeating itself in real time and boy does it feel real.

"I’m here to snatch necks and cash checks" - Darrick Minner

TheWBush
TheWBush
  • Predictions:  243  |  84.0%
  • Forum Posts:  436
  • Post Score: 358

10.25.2021 | 9:38 AM ET

My country is heading towards a political crisis. Inflation is getting out of hand specially gas  I saw france they re gonna give some state sponsored checks for gas too. Not just us i tell you

"Say perhaps to drugs"

Xconchris
Xconchris

10.25.2021 | 9:41 AM ET

Let's go Brandon? 😂

Hadrian Caesar
Hadrian Caesar
  • Predictions:  904  |  67.1%
  • Forum Posts:  1,114
  • Post Score: 338

10.25.2021 | 11:42 AM ET

Why do the UFC put TUF losses on some fighters records? Did they forget that they're exhibition fights or just don't care, plus they don't even count TUF wins so what's the point. It just makes there fighters look worse like Bryce Mitchell who is undefeated yet the UFC flaunt his record around with 1 loss. It infuriates me for some reason. 

"Cowards die many times before their deaths; The valiant never taste of death but once." - Julius Caesar.

Page 127

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : ‘MMA Media Hates Me,’ Ronda Rousey Reacts To Career Backlash & ‘How Happily Everybody Turned’ On UFC Star
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: It PAYS To Be King
  • Middle Easy : Ryan Garcia Reveals His ‘Crazy’ Behavior Was a Publicity Stunt Planned Months in Advance
  • MMA Mania : ‘99.9%’ Chance Edwards Vs. Muhammad 2 Happens At UFC 304
  • MMA Junkie : The 10 largest UFC attendances in history
  • MMA Mania : ‘MMA Media Hates Me, It’s Fine’
  • Middle Easy : Jiri Prochazka Doubles Down On Callout For Alex Pereira Rematch At UFC 301: ‘I Think I Deserve It’
  • Middle Easy : Ryan Garcia Goes Off On Logan Paul For Child Trafficking Comments, Claims He Will ‘Destroy’ Paul In Boxing Match
  • MMA Junkie : Max Holloway's coach breaks down matchup against 'oversized bantamweight' Ilia Topuria
  • MMAFighting.com : Lyoto Machida ‘already breathing fire’ after Luke Rockhold callout, interested in Karate Combat rematch
  • MMA Mania : ‘It’s Crazy That Something Like This Is Happening At This Level’
  • MMA Junkie : Islam Makhachev's coach: 'Biggest threat' Justin Gaethje no longer in UFC title picture
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Whoever wants to fight Ryan, he feels comfortable at 144’: De La Hoya talks next steps for Garcia
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Whoever wants to fight Ryan, he feels comfortable at 144’: Oscar De La Hoya talks next steps for Ryan Garcia
  • MMA Mania : Double Champ Islam Next? ‘I Already Beat All These Guys’
  • MMAFighting.com : Justin Gaethje: It’ll be ‘6 months, at least, before I get back to taking shots’ after UFC 300 loss
  • MMA Junkie : Manon Fiorot open to Maycee Barber fight – but only if interim UFC flyweight title at stake
  • MMA Junkie : Arman Tsarukyan fires back at Michael Chandler: 'You are just waiting for a paycheck'
  • MMAFighting.com : Islam Makhachev not interested in Max Holloway matchup: ‘Maybe if he wins his next fight’
  • Bad Left Hook : PODCAST: How much credit does Ryan Garcia deserve for beating Devin Haney?