Topic: Ellenberger vs. Rocha

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

bloopdoopfoopmoop
bloopdoopfoopmoop
  • Predictions:  758  |  64.8%
  • Forum Posts:  112
  • Post Score: 55

01.04.2011 | 10:37 PM ET

Prediction: correct Ellenberger   correct Decision  

Rocha impressed me in his UFC debut, but not as much as Ellenberger has.

"Be strong / be wrong"

Responses

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,673  |  73.8%
  • Forum Posts:  17,584
  • Post Score: 60

01.04.2011 | 10:37 PM ET

Ellenberger vs. Rocha Predictions

This is the official prediction commentary thread for Ellenberger vs. Rocha. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

bklettke
bklettke
  • Predictions:  2,109  |  64.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,761
  • Post Score: 117

01.05.2011 | 3:17 AM ET

Prediction: correct Ellenberger   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 3  

Ellenberger is a bad MF'r and has unlimited potential.
TacomaTerror
TacomaTerror
  • Predictions:  149  |  60.4%
  • Forum Posts:  480
  • Post Score: 59

01.07.2011 | 6:14 AM ET

Prediction: correct Ellenberger   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

Carlos is a great upcoming prospect, but so is Ellenberger. He had barely lost the fight to Condit, which would have put him much higher on the ladder. I think he will come out strong, and beat up Carlos en route to a first round TKO.

" ."All praise is to Allah, I'll fight any man, any animal, if Jesus were here I'd fight him too." "

michigandolphin
michigandolphin
  • Predictions:  25,001  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  4,973
  • Post Score: 261

01.30.2011 | 7:07 PM ET

Ellenberger has looked really good in his last few fights. I don't know too much about Rocha, looking at his camp I'd say he's versed on the ground. Jake is aware of this, takes him down early and often. The ref finally has seen enough in the 3rd. Tko by ground n pound.

"Frig off, bud"

ourick76
ourick76
  • Predictions:  7,247  |  60.7%
  • Forum Posts:  427
  • Post Score: 135

01.31.2011 | 8:11 AM ET

Hungry to fight top contenders, has the wrestling and chin to get there. I am not sure if he is ready for the top 5 with his all-around MMA game though.

"I came here to do two things: drink some beer...and kick some ass...and I'm about out of beer!"

minotauro11
minotauro11
  • Predictions:  2,483  |  66.5%
  • Forum Posts:  4,493
  • Post Score: 148

01.31.2011 | 12:17 PM ET

I always like Brazilian prospects, and Rocha is particularly exciting with 9 career victories, all by finish and 8 in the first round. But I am done being naive, these BJJ guys usually can't handle wrestlers. After picking Freire against Lowe, I'm done picking unproven BJJ prospects against good wrestlers. So unfortunately I'm picking Ellenberger here.

"We Are All One"

Camtron
Camtron
  • Predictions:  84  |  61.9%
  • Forum Posts:  11
  • Post Score: 18

01.31.2011 | 1:31 PM ET

Prediction: correct Ellenberger   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 1  

Ellenberger explodes and KO's Carlos round 1.
MegaDave
MegaDave
  • Predictions:  8,095  |  59.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,656
  • Post Score: 191

01.31.2011 | 2:52 PM ET

Enter Your Comments »

"I'm sorry that the brilliance of my words goes over your heads. I'm not going to stop being an eagle just because I am surrounded by turkeys-CS"

LynxGuy
LynxGuy
  • Predictions:  1,054  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,120
  • Post Score: 138

02.01.2011 | 2:26 PM ET

For a while I was predicting a first round submission for Rocha, but I've been putting too much faith into undefeated, untested prospects in the UFC.  I actually thought Oliveira would submit Jim Miller and thought Freire would submit Waylon Lowe the other night, dead wrong.  Ellenberger on the other hand is coming off of wins over Doomsday and Pyle after a very close split decision loss to Carlos Condit.

"Don't be scared, homie." - Nick Diaz

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,565
  • Post Score: 275

02.01.2011 | 2:31 PM ET

I'll go with the known here guy I think.  Ellenberger is looking really tough.

"I live, I die, I live again."

Robdabob878
Robdabob878
  • Predictions:  194  |  67.5%
  • Forum Posts:  24
  • Post Score: 46

02.01.2011 | 3:09 PM ET

Prediction: correct Ellenberger   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 1  

I don't see how anyone could pick Rocha except for the chance of a lucky sub. He has good jj, but nothing Ellenberger hasn't dealt with before. Watch as he takes it to Rocha for a first round TKO.

"As long as you can say that you learned something by the end of a roll, then it was a good roll"

bklettke
bklettke

02.02.2011 | 6:49 AM ET

Ellenberger is a beast and i see him one day challenging for the title. After he shows some slick submission defense, dominate wrestling, and superior speed in the standup, he'll get his shot at a big name, perhaps the Pitbull.
ShogunDan
ShogunDan
  • Predictions:  212  |  56.1%
  • Forum Posts:  15
  • Post Score: 13

02.02.2011 | 4:26 PM ET

Ellenberger is a guy who I love to watch. Like a hardcore version of Jon Fitch he uses wrestling and aggressive striking of his to smack around his opponents. Hes gonna dominate his way to a Unanimous Dec.

"A wise man can learn a lot from a foolish question but a fool can never learn anything from a wise answer."

RussSommers
RussSommers
  • Predictions:  11  |  72.7%
  • Forum Posts:  11
  • Post Score: 36

02.02.2011 | 4:35 PM ET

Ellenberger is stronger and has a stifling top game. **** choke and elbows from half guard rule the day as Ellenberger picks up a "W" on the way to fight John Fitch.
old dirt dog
old dirt dog
  • Predictions:  447  |  66.7%
  • Forum Posts:  236
  • Post Score: 33

02.03.2011 | 5:59 AM ET

Smothering ground and pound.
Diukrone
Diukrone
  • Predictions:  18  |  38.9%
  • Forum Posts:  4
  • Post Score: 25

02.03.2011 | 8:27 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Rocha   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 1  

Eduardo Rocha, arrebenta esse cara!
Dtmma
Dtmma
  • Predictions:  212  |  63.7%
  • Forum Posts:  50
  • Post Score: 30

02.04.2011 | 9:08 AM ET

I love these JJ vs Wrestling matches. Will Ellenberger try to use his wrestling to keep this fight standing? My bet is on this happening and Ellenberger getting the late TKO

"When I come out I have supreme confidence, Im scared of everything, scared to lose, the closer the more confident I get, Once im in the ring, im a god! No one could beat me"

jaydean
jaydean
  • Predictions:  151  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  24
  • Post Score: 29

02.04.2011 | 11:13 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Rocha   wrong Submission   wrong Round 3  

Rocha for the upset .

First of all Ellenberger is wildly wildly overrated because people think hes underrated(not sure if that makes sense)

And to people saying Pyle is a good bjj guy look what Ellenberger did to him heres my rebuttal.

He beat pyle but couldn't do crap to him on top in the first and only managed to knock him out because Pyle broke a rib in the first.

Rocha is a whole different beast.

Ellenberger for someone with an amazing offensive shot has really  bad tdd. Rocha has a good double himself and I have no doubt in my mind he can drag Ellenberger to the ground.

even if he doesnt elleneberger has a tendecy to gass and his power is basically gone after the first round. So he is probably gonna go for lazy takedowns.

Most importantly Ellenberger is a ****en novice on the ground. hes really really bad(in relative to UFC caliber). he gets mounted easily, he gets his guard passed easily, and he gets sweeped all the time.

Im telling you guys dont sleep in Rocha, he is gonna snatch a limb.
bklettke
bklettke

02.04.2011 | 11:29 AM ET

I think the opposite with Ellenberger, the only fight he gassed in was against Condit because he was beating the **** out of him and throwing power shots the entire first round much like Gray Maynard did against Frankie. I didn't see him come close to gassing against pyle where keep in mind he broke his ribs and with john howard - oh yeah he did break his orbital bone in that fight which ended in the third round. Anyone can gas against Condit who takes a beating and seems almost unhuman to keep coming back. Regardless, after he WINS this fight in dominant fashion i'd like to see him fight LONG DONG HYN KIM to put that winner one more fight away from a title shot.
LynxGuy
LynxGuy
  • Predictions:  1,054  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,120
  • Post Score: 138

02.04.2011 | 11:35 AM ET

A fight between Ellenberger (should he win) and DHK actually makes a ton of sense.  The winner would definitely be worthy of a number one contender bout.  Maybe against the winner of Story/Alves? 
I think the winner of Condit vs Lytle should get the next shot after Shields.

"Don't be scared, homie." - Nick Diaz

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Bad Left Hook : ‘It’s only a few pounds north’: Vergil Hunter talks possibility of Naoya Inoue taking on Gervonta Davis
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘It’s only a few pounds north’: Vergil Hunter talks possibility of Inoue facing Tank
  • MMA Junkie : Saudi Arabia announces extended partnership with UFC, including pay-per-view sponsorship
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 303: McGregor vs. Chandler adds undefeated prospect to lineup
  • MMA Mania : ‘What I’m Going To Do To McGregor Is Going To Warrant’ Retirement
  • MMA Junkie : Chael Sonnen makes case for Jose Aldo title shot after UFC 301
  • Middle Easy : ‘A Lot Of Jealousy,’ Sean O’Malley On What Sparked Conor McGregor’s Twitter Tantrum Towards ‘Suga’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 56 pre-event facts: Can Derrick Lewis extend all-time KO record?
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Paid More In Taxes Than I Made Last Year In My Fight’
  • MMAFighting.com : Dan Hardy picks Conor McGregor to beat Michael Chandler: ‘He’s got that refinement in his game’
  • Middle Easy : ‘Problem-Solving’ Cory Sandhagen Reveals One Weakness He Sees In Unbeaten Umar Nurmagomedov
  • UFC.com : Rankings Report | Week of May 6, 2024
  • Bad Left Hook : Jermall Charlo charged with DWI and fleeing after crashing Lamborghini
  • UFC.com : Last Time In St. Louis
  • UFC.com : Billy Goff Is Willing To Take The Risks
  • MMA Mania : White Accused Of Betting On NFL During Boring Bout
  • MMAFighting.com : Mike Perry unsure Darren Till fight happens, teases interest in Caleb Plant: ‘Bring it on, motherf*ckers’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 56 commentary team, broadcast plans set: Laura Sanko joins booth for second time in 2024
  • MMA Junkie : Payton Talbott draws Yanis Ghemmouri at UFC 303 on June 29
  • MMA Mania : VIDEO: Sound & Pound — Will Lewis Turn Back Another Prospect?