Topic: Rashad Evans

Bones vs Evans: Rashad opens up +325 dog

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,565
  • Post Score: 275

09.28.2011 | 7:11 PM ET

-475 favorite for Jones.  This implies an 82% probability of victory.   I'm sure there are people who will disagree, confident that Rashad will smash Jones.  Discuss!

"I live, I die, I live again."

"Suga" Rashad Evans

Photo Source:  

Fighter Details

• Given Name: Rashad Anton Evans
  • Pro MMA Record: 20-8-1 (Win-Loss-Draw)
  • Nickname: Suga
  • Current Streak: 1 Win
  • Last Fight: January 28, 2022 in EFC
  • Weight Class: Light Heavyweight | Last Weigh-In: 205.0 lbs
  • Affiliation: Blackzilians Performance Institute
  • Height: 6'0" (183cm) | Reach: 75.0" (191cm)
  • Career Disclosed Earnings: $2,722,000 USD
  • Born: Niagara Falls, New York, United States
  • Fighting out of: Boca Raton, Florida
  • Fighter Links:
  • Personal Links:

Responses Page 2

buffalo ben
buffalo ben
  • Predictions:  3,705  |  58.2%
  • Forum Posts:  6,348
  • Post Score: 157

09.29.2011 | 2:20 PM ET

it feels weird picking against the fighter you want to win

"You don't have to be perfect, just dont be fraudulant"

jaykool777
jaykool777
  • Predictions:  25,528  |  61.6%
  • Forum Posts:  3,654
  • Post Score: 158

09.29.2011 | 2:40 PM ET

I can see it as winnable fight for Rashad. I definitely don't see him as that much of an underdog, but Rashad is definitely the underdog in this fight. I wouldn't say that Jones was hesitant against Rampage, he just kept his distance, and waited for his opening. Once Jones saw his opening, he took it, and dominated the fight. I think he'll do the same thing against Rashad.

Rashad has possibly a slight speed advantage, and the movement, but Jones is pretty quick himself, and a much larger, stronger LHW.  

"Keep it punk rock!!!!"

putaforkinya
putaforkinya
  • Predictions:  10,025  |  59.2%
  • Forum Posts:  736
  • Post Score: 236

09.29.2011 | 2:52 PM ET

jones won every round against a top 205er and he looked less then steller??  i though he did pretty damn good.  could have shot in for more take down but why?? he was winning standing up. rashad does have power and is the only person in the 205 division that i can see having a shot (no pun intended ;-)   ) at taking jones down but i just think it's unlikely and then jones will use his reash to keep it satanding.    the odds seem about right to me although it wouldn't be stupid to bet on rashad.

" holy **** did you see that?, baddest ***********er ever, hooooly ****" -Dana White seconds after Silva KO'd Vitor

TacomaTerror
TacomaTerror
  • Predictions:  149  |  60.4%
  • Forum Posts:  480
  • Post Score: 59

09.29.2011 | 4:58 PM ET

Jon Jones haters will never stop hating. He is going to destroy Rashad, just like he destroyed Jackson.. and Rua.

" ."All praise is to Allah, I'll fight any man, any animal, if Jesus were here I'd fight him too." "

p4pgoat
p4pgoat
  • Predictions:  4,888  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  3,908
  • Post Score: 143

09.30.2011 | 12:55 PM ET

@dannotheman I'm trying to understand what it is that makes you think Rashad is weaker and has worse tdd then Rampage? When they fought Rashad man handled Rampage and threw him all over the place. He took him down at will and beat his ass. Rampage does have very good tdd but not Evans level tdd. When was the last time someone scored a takedown on Rashad? Rashad is a much much tougher fight then Rampage is for anyone.

"We are all human, it's time to prove it."

Dannotheman
Dannotheman
  • Predictions:  9,433  |  65.6%
  • Forum Posts:  2,406
  • Post Score: 185

09.30.2011 | 1:14 PM ET

His last fight? Tito took him down...

Rashad has said himself how strong Rampage is, and 3 of 12 TD's landed is hardly at will and manhandled. I think Jones will definitely land some throws on Rashad, Quinton could just overpower Jones to avoid them, I don't see Rashad doing that.

Rashad is stuck on "that one day in practice I held him down". Now that has to be at least a year ago, and Jones is improving so quickly that I doubt Rashad can get him down let alone hold him down. Plus Jones has obviously been working his bottom game, who expected him to go for a triangle on Rampage? I just don't think Rashad has been improving any lately, while Jones is taking off.

Machida is the only LHW I will say even has a chance against Jones.

"God please give me patience, if you give me strength I will just punch them in the face."

SoccerKick
SoccerKick
  • Predictions:  32,055  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  13,504
  • Post Score: 186

09.30.2011 | 1:26 PM ET

I don't know, but I know I've never been to Jackson's gym so I'm not gonna say Rashad dominated Jones in practice or that it was only one day in practice...I'm sure it's like most and somewhere in the middle

"I'm too old to be run by the fears of dumb people "

p4pgoat
p4pgoat
  • Predictions:  4,888  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  3,908
  • Post Score: 143

09.30.2011 | 2:46 PM ET

Rampage got straight up man handled in that fight. Anyone that watched it would not be able to deny that. I know there is some computer out there that tracks every punch and kick and takedown but I'd much rather base a fight off of actually watching it. @danno I understand though. You're a Rashad hater so nothing he has done or will ever do is good enough. He gets booed a lot which is b.s. imo. I hope when he's inducted into the UFC hall of fame people don't act like morons.

"We are all human, it's time to prove it."

K1 Shields
K1 Shields
  • Predictions:  405  |  59.0%
  • Forum Posts:  692
  • Post Score: 41

09.30.2011 | 4:23 PM ET

Maybe Rashad should try practicing catching all those flashy kicks and putting him on his back. I seriously LOL'd when Jones pulled guard on Rampage. Rashad is going to **** up Jones.

"Anderson Silva you SUCK!!" - Chael Sonnen UFC 136.

xbassistdoodx
xbassistdoodx
  • Predictions:  2,546  |  56.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,218
  • Post Score: 104

09.30.2011 | 6:27 PM ET

Let me just start by saying, I'm a fan by both men.

When Rashad Evans stopped by Torres' gym in Hammond, Indiana, I was there getting my gloves signed.

With that said, I think Jon Bones Jones is holding this title for however long he wants, the man is insane.

"If I have seen further than others, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants" - Isaac Newton

Joker313
Joker313
  • Predictions:  34,431  |  65.4%
  • Forum Posts:  575
  • Post Score: 215

09.30.2011 | 7:52 PM ET

Bones should be a -500 favorite in every one of his fights from here on out unless he moves up to HW..
RWLawman
RWLawman
  • Predictions:  2,583  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  2,053
  • Post Score: 173

09.30.2011 | 8:37 PM ET

I like both guys.  Rashad was born in Niagara Falls, NY which is very close to my hometown, and Jon Jones was born in Endicott, NY which is about an hour and a half from where I'm from.  That's not the only reason of course, but it's a big part of it.  I also enjoy watching their fighting styles, even though they contrast quite a bit.  However, I see Jones being too big and rangy for Evans.  I think Jones' wrestling is more than good enough to stifle Evans' wrestling background, and Jones will simply out strike Evans en route to a unanimous decision victory or late stoppage.

" "Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars." - Khalil Gibran "

LoneRonin
LoneRonin
  • Predictions:  3,222  |  62.3%
  • Forum Posts:  1,171

09.30.2011 | 8:47 PM ET

Damn that crazy hes that much of an underdog. If he gets to a +400 or better I might got ribbon chasing again and pick Rashad. Otherwise Im going with Jones.
CashBrewyn
CashBrewyn
  • Predictions:  21,572  |  61.7%
  • Forum Posts:  4,045
  • Post Score: 212

09.30.2011 | 8:49 PM ET

I would consider chasing that award depending on how i feel about the other fights on whatever event it ends up on..but seriously I don't see Jones losing for a while

"My hearts pumpin' the blood of Royce Gracie My thoughts dumpin' the slug and point straightly"

lbj6
lbj6
  • Predictions:  3,615  |  61.5%
  • Forum Posts:  2,025
  • Post Score: 210

09.30.2011 | 9:05 PM ET

never thought I'd be rooting for Rashad. i don't see anyone beating bones right now but it's going to happen sometime. maybe rashad will surprise us

"get outta my face man! i gotta go get drunk"-Rampage

LoneRonin
LoneRonin
  • Predictions:  3,222  |  62.3%
  • Forum Posts:  1,171

09.30.2011 | 9:25 PM ET

I hope Shogun beats him after he beats Dan
RWLawman
RWLawman
  • Predictions:  2,583  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  2,053
  • Post Score: 173

09.30.2011 | 9:29 PM ET

I think Lyoto Machida could create an intriguing match-up with Jon Jones, based on their styles.  With each fight, Jon Jones gets sharper, more polished, and more efficient.  I don't think Evans is the guy to end his winning streak, but I agree that Jones will lose eventually.  Machida's striking is advanced enough that I don't think Jones would dominate standing, but I think Jones' wrestling could create problems for Lyoto.

" "Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars." - Khalil Gibran "

lbj6
lbj6
  • Predictions:  3,615  |  61.5%
  • Forum Posts:  2,025
  • Post Score: 210

09.30.2011 | 9:34 PM ET

@RWLawman, i want to see machida fight jones too. he's quick to get in and out. i'm not sure how much jones's wrestling could put lyoto in trouble just based off his past fights. we've seen him in some trouble against tito but he escaped.

"get outta my face man! i gotta go get drunk"-Rampage

krazyhopz
krazyhopz
  • Predictions:  14,820  |  60.4%
  • Forum Posts:  2,098
  • Post Score: 158

09.30.2011 | 11:21 PM ET

I know a lot of people have Lyoto as being a hard matchup for Jones, I really don't see it. Machida uses his speed to stay elusive and jump in for quick shots. But he's not quicker than Jones, I see him gettin clinched and tossed pretty easily by Jones. TKO by GNP from there...

"Everyone has a gameplan 'till they get punched in the face" - Mike Tyson

askewlipped
askewlipped
  • Predictions:  2,870  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  54
  • Post Score: 217

09.30.2011 | 11:28 PM ET

Not rooting for either, but instincts tell me that Jones is gonna take the win, and maybe not as dominate as much as most may think. 

"We are all one. -Genki Sudo"

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Alexander Volkanovski: Ilia Topuria 'not going about things the right way' as UFC champion
  • MMAFighting.com : This Is CineMMA, ‘Mais Forte que o Mundo’: Is this even a Jose Aldo movie?
  • Middle Easy : Video – Alex Pereira Takes Down UFC Hall of Famer Daniel Cormier During Backstage Scuffle
  • Middle Easy : Chael Sonnen Backs Ilia Topuria’s BMF Title Demands for Max Holloway Fight: ‘He’s Right!’
  • Bad Left Hook : PREDICTIONS: Who wins Canelo vs Munguia?
  • MMA Junkie : Gilbert Burns would love to rematch Kamaru Usman: 'I was very emotional in that first fight'
  • MMA Mania : Smith Claims UFC Fans Are ‘Stupid’
  • MMAFighting.com : Jose Aldo explains UFC 301 comeback and MMA future after Jonathan Martinez fight
  • UFC.com : Paul Craig Is Bringing 'Everything And The Kitchen Sink' To UFC 301
  • MMA Junkie : UFC veterans in MMA and boxing action May 3-4
  • UFC.com : Caio Borralho: “Pressure Is A Privilege”
  • MMA Mania : Aldo Vs. Martinez Betting Odds, Breakdown, Prediction
  • MMAFighting.com : Anthony Smith won’t be anyone’s stepping stone in UFC: ‘We’re going to f*cking put that to bed now’
  • MMA Mania : ‘Suga’ Fed ‘Cannibal’ Liver Shot That ‘Put Him Down’
  • MMA Junkie : Chael Sonnen: Conor McGregor a better fighter than Michael Chandler but not a better competitor
  • MMA Mania : ‘They Want Me To Go To Rio And Take A Loss’
  • MMAFighting.com : Devin Haney releases statement on Ryan Garcia’s positive drug tests: ‘People die in this sport’
  • UFC.com : ALEXANDRE PANTOJA: HOMECOMING KING
  • Jits Magazine : Diogo Reis Reveals Striking Training And Hints At MMA Debut
  • MMA Junkie : Ex-UFC signee Sean Loeffler sentenced to prison for domestic violence