Topic: Nick Diaz

Nick Diaz: Choice Of Words For Champ GSP.

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

BodyModifier
BodyModifier
  • Predictions:  21  |  61.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,608
  • Post Score: 152

09.14.2011 | 5:08 AM ET

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."

Nick Diaz

Fighter Details

• Given Name: Nicholas Robert Diaz
  • Pro MMA Record: 26-10-0, 2 NC (Win-Loss-Draw)
  • Nickname: N/A
  • Current Streak: 3 Losses
  • Last Fight: September 25, 2021 in UFC
  • Weight Class: Middleweight | Last Weigh-In: 185.5 lbs
  • Affiliation: Cesar Gracie Jiu Jitsu
  • Height: 6'1" (185cm) | Reach: 76.0" (193cm)
  • Career Disclosed Earnings: $1,665,950 USD
  • Born: Stockton, California, United States
  • Fighting out of: Stockton, California
  • Fighter Links:
  • Personal Links:

Responses Page 3

jaykool777
jaykool777
  • Predictions:  25,528  |  61.6%
  • Forum Posts:  3,654
  • Post Score: 158

09.14.2011 | 7:36 PM ET

@ Brad - For me it's not hostility. It's extreme disappointment. Because of Diaz's actions, I don't get to see if he could make a great fight against GSP or not. What he's done, and is doing really disappoints me.

@ Kalibo - I hope your right. I know how Diaz is, but he also knows what he signed on for. I don't expect him to handle it any differently, but it's hard to defend a man's actions when he's acting like a child.

@RWLawman - I'm happy for the respect points, but it still pisses me off!!!! LOL!!!!

"Keep it punk rock!!!!"

RWLawman
RWLawman
  • Predictions:  2,583  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  2,053
  • Post Score: 173

09.14.2011 | 7:46 PM ET

Oh don't get me wrong Brad, as much as I dislike Diaz I'll still watch his fights.  Whether he wins or loses, I'll enjoy them, but before and after the fights I reserve the right as a fan to ***** when he does something stupid.  hahah.

" "Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars." - Khalil Gibran "

brad
brad
  • Predictions:  804  |  58.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,120
  • Post Score: 104

09.14.2011 | 7:50 PM ET

yeah rwlawman hate all you want. I dislike certain fighters for their attitudes, I try not to but its hard sometimes. but some people are just going way over board with this hate.
RWLawman
RWLawman

09.14.2011 | 7:55 PM ET

Well, I've been pretty much all around all the Diaz hatred, but I try to make it clear that I do enjoy watching him fight.  There are a lot of guys in MMA that I may not particularly care for, but you can't deny their skills or that they put on a good show.  The Diaz brothers are certainly a prime example of that, because I can't stand the personas they put out on the TV screen.  I used to feel that way about BJ Penn, but I like him now.  Sometimes a fighter just really pisses me off with his mouth or his actions.  Chael Sonnen is pretty obnoxious at the moment, for example.

" "Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars." - Khalil Gibran "

Kalibo
Kalibo
  • Predictions:  33,130  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  16,800
  • Post Score: 185

09.14.2011 | 7:57 PM ET

They are @Brad.. way over board.  Do you guys think if Nick new he would not get his title shot that he would have acted like that?  He messed up big time and is just being his outspoken self.. not a child.  Like it or not, that his the way he is.  I'm a fan of him as a fighter, but like most of you guys.. I'm very let down about what he did/what happened.  Lets not get outta hand!

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved" – Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

brad
brad
  • Predictions:  804  |  58.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,120

09.14.2011 | 8:01 PM ET

Chael is one example that's kind of interesting. Sometimes I think he's got some kind of disability, something wrong with his brain, whatever it's mind boggling to hear him speak most of the time. But even though he is most certainly a prick and probably crazy too he does enough through his fighting to make me a fan. Same goes for Rampage, Paul Daley, Jon Fitch (in a different way hate his non fighting but respect skill and toughness), Josh Koscheck Brock Lesnar, Matt Hughes, Josh Barnett. Lots of **********s are great fighters and should keep their jobs.
RWLawman
RWLawman

09.14.2011 | 8:05 PM ET

I still feel that Diaz is being childish with his recent actions.  Neither one of us will know for sure, but I just don't think that Diaz is doing it to try and get back in the picture, because he really never left it.  I think he's pissed off, and is just lashing out like a Diaz does, like you said -- he's just being himself.  Watch his video where he's taping himself talking in his car, and you can see that he was just irritated with the situation and being immature.  Regardless, I'll still watch him fight BJ Penn, and I'll still watch him fight whoever he fights, wherever he fights after that.  I'm a fight fan after all, and no matter how much I dislike him, if there's one thing about Diaz, he comes to fight!  It's the same in boxing with Floyd Mayweather Jr.  I can't STAND that guy's antics and mouth.  He's such a little punk, but the guy is probably one of the greatest boxers to ever lace on a pair of gloves.  I love watching his matches, but can't stand him as a person. 

geezhound
geezhound
  • Predictions:  6,745  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3,297
  • Post Score: 193

09.14.2011 | 8:15 PM ET

Saying that a guy is acting like an idiot when he IS acting like an idiot isn't bashing or hate.

Diaz was too cool for school and wanted everyone to know it by lashing out at the man and not showing up to the presser. Now it has effectively bitten him on the ass and he damn well knows it. His only defense now is lashing out at GSP, knowing full well that the only reason he won't be able to fight him is because of his ridiculous and "childish" behavior.

When you're told by your employer to show up to an event, you show up to the event. Don't whine, complain or make half-assed efforts to rebel. Just do as you're told.

"Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity."

kallousklown
kallousklown
  • Predictions:  24,203  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  10,967
  • Post Score: 177

09.14.2011 | 8:28 PM ET

I think Diaz is being a bit sonnen-esque and i gotta say, i thought it was pretty funny. i respect both gsp and diaz.

"Are we gonna jump, or we just gonna jerk each other off?"

JustynOfOsiris
JustynOfOsiris
  • Predictions:  4,334  |  57.2%
  • Forum Posts:  3,239
  • Post Score: 122

09.14.2011 | 8:56 PM ET

i dont think he is being like sonnen at all sonnen talks alot of **** and all but he shows up and does what he needs to do where as diaz decided he didnt wanna go to the press conferences but instead of being a man he turned of his phone and hid

he is gonna get what comes to him in the Penn fight when he gets ******* dominated and finished i would say within the first 5 mins and then i hope he gets cut cause then maybe he will take some responsibility and be like "wow i ****** up"

"Is reality really realistic?"

LoneRonin
LoneRonin
  • Predictions:  3,222  |  62.3%
  • Forum Posts:  1,171

09.15.2011 | 11:47 PM ET

I like how he says "if i knew the fight was going to be off i would've went to the press conference" and then in the next paragraph says "I didnt know it was a press conference I thought it was some PR thing". Get your story straight bro. He was the one Diaz brother I could tolerate and he is killing me right now. IF you dont know whats going on figure it out before the day of your event. And dont try and blame GSP for not "standing up" for you. Get your **** together and act like a professional instead of a punk.
Franklin880088
Franklin880088
  • Predictions:  1,570  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,452
  • Post Score: 120

09.16.2011 | 12:04 AM ET

geezhound, this statement by you "low IQ/ ADHD/ Dyslexia = Nick" is most likely incorrect. The odds Nick has both a low IQ and Dyslexia are extremely low. Dyslexia often shows above average intellect, rarely does it apeare in individuals with low intelligence. 

Also how did you come to the conclusion that he has Dyslexia?

* Edited at 09.16.2011, 12:05 AM ET *

"here I come to save the day"

Franklin880088
Franklin880088
  • Predictions:  1,570  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,452
  • Post Score: 120

09.16.2011 | 12:09 AM ET

I don't think Diaz will ever be a top 5 WW if he remains in the UFC. Hell there a good chance he might not even remain a top 10 WW. He going to get exposed in the UFC. Penn not even a bad match up for him and he still has a good shot of losing.

"here I come to save the day"

RWLawman
RWLawman

09.16.2011 | 10:33 AM ET

@LoneRonin, you're right.  His story is all over the place about the pressers, which doesn't surprise me.  He can't tell the truth if it ***** slapped him in the face.  That guy clearly has some issues, which probably stems from his upbringing, and for that I have just a little pity for him.  However, he's a grown man, and he knows right from wrong.  That's why I never accept the excuse that somebody was brought up in a bad neighborhood or rough lifestyle when they commit crimes as adults.  Once you get to a certain maturity level or age, you know right from wrong, and choose to do one or the other.  Diaz knew he was supposed to be at that press conference, and he knew it was a press conference, and he didn't show up of his own volition.  He is responsible for his own fate, and has no body to blame but himself for losing out on the biggest pay day of his career, and probably his life.

I really wish all the MMA networks would stop feeding this guy so much attention.  He's like a little kid trapped inside a grown man's body.  Let him ruin his career, and let the guys who really want it, get it.  I'm looking forward to seeing BJ Penn and Nick Diaz meet in the octagon, because their blend of skill sets will make for an entertaining fight, and I would have loved to have seen Diaz vs. GSP.  However, it's not happening because one child decided to stamp his feet and show his ass in front of millions of people by running away from home. 

itfigures
itfigures
  • Predictions:  37,253  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  1,455
  • Post Score: 279

09.16.2011 | 12:01 PM ET

Still a Diaz fan.
Train2win
Train2win
  • Predictions:  2,953  |  60.4%
  • Forum Posts:  93
  • Post Score: 194

09.18.2011 | 12:13 PM ET

Diaz should probably not even say GSP's name at this point. I love to watch Diaz fight, but he HAD his chance to fight GSP.  He did that to himself!

"“A champion is someone who gets up when he can't.”"

Page 3

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Jorge Masvidal vs. Nate Diaz Boxing Match Moved From June 1 to July 6 in Anaheim
  • Middle Easy : Dustin Poirier Pokes Fun at Islam Makhachev’s Performance on Punching Machine Ahead of UFC 302
  • Bad Left Hook : Mercado vs Ali targeted for Estrada vs Bam undercard
  • MMA Junkie : Top flyweight contenders Manel Kape, Muhammad Mokaev targeted for UFC 304 clash
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch The MMA Hour with Sonnen, Perry, Smith, and Sandhagen now
  • MMA Junkie : 'This is my prime': Derrick Lewis has 'something special' in store for UFC on ESPN 56 main event
  • MMAFighting.com : Anthony Smith clears up Alex Pereira beef: ‘I’ve never challenged him to anything’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 a night to remember for Alessandro Costa: TKO win, $50K bonus, praise from idol Jose Aldo
  • Jits Magazine : Women’s Under 65kg Division Fills Up With All Invites Announced For ADCC 2024
  • UFC.com : Joaquin Buckley And His Return To St. Louis
  • MMA Mania : His Ball Was Hot
  • Bad Left Hook : Sims signs with Golden Boy Promotions
  • MMA Junkie : Benoit Saint Denis: Islam Makhachev favored at UFC 302, but 'nobody can give Dustin Poirier no chance'
  • MMAFighting.com : Nate Diaz vs. Jorge Masvidal boxing match moves to new date and location
  • MMAFighting.com : Nate Diaz vs. Jorge Masvidal boxing match moving to new date and location
  • MMAFighting.com : Derrick Lewis redeems himself with first pitch at Cardinals game
  • UFC.com : Where We Stand: Flyweight Division | May 2024
  • MMA Junkie : UFC champ Alex Pereira donates $100,000 in response to Brazil floods, plans additional $20,000
  • MMA Mania : Latest UFC Vegas 92 Fight Card, ESPN+ Lineup
  • MMA Junkie : Anthony Smith explains why he declined new fight offer immediately after UFC 301 win