Topic: Ring of Combat 55

Ring of Combat 55 Discussion

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

alienator13
alienator13

06.07.2016 | 10:01 AM ET

Predictions: 8 of 11 Winners, 3 Perfect, 475 Points   |   3rd Place

There's two wrong rounds in results.

Jenna Serio submitted Sadee Williams in a 2nd round and Eric Roncoroni KO'd Michael Elshamy in a 2nd round. 

This was pretty decent event. Taj Hakim's spinning backfist came from nowhere, Styles was winning the fight at that point, but I think his cardio might have started fade a bit already. I was overestimated Sam Watford's sub game, Nekruz Mirkhojaev wrestling beat Watford's JJ. Max Bohanan once again had strong 1st round, but couldn't get a submission and Spicuzza's wrestling started winning the fight in later rounds. Buenafuente and Mariscal had huge battle of wills grappling match, very close fight, but imo right man won. That Roncoroni's KO was nasty, I hope Elshamy's ok. Gillespie had tough battle with Outlaw, in shape Outlaw is tough customer at this level. He is very athletic and some part of the fight he outwrestled 4-time All-American Gillespie. Right man won again imo, but I think if there were 10 more seconds left in a 1st round, winner would have been Outlaw by Rear-Naked Choke, he had very deep RNC sinked in at the end of 1st round.
Ring of Combat 55
Bout   Info
Gregor Gillespie   defeats   Sidney Outlaw   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Eric Roncoroni   defeats   Michael Elshamy   via KO/TKO, Knee   1:15 Round 2 of 3, 6:15 Total Bout Page
Frank Buenafuente   defeats   Chepe Mariscal   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Jimmy Spicuzza   defeats   Max Bohanan   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 12:00 Total Bout Page
Michael Trizano   defeats   Raul Gonzales   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   3:59 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Nekruz Mirkhojaev   defeats   Sam Watford   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 12:00 Total Bout Page
Jenna Serio   defeats   Sadee Monserrate Williams   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   2:50 Round 2 of 3, 6:50 Total Bout Page
Taj Abdul-Hakim   defeats   Gregy Styles   via KO/TKO, Spinning Backfist   3:33 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Suhrob Aidarbekov   defeats   Andrew Aguilar   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 12:00 Total Bout Page
Nick Fiore   defeats   Eddie Lopez   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 12:00 Total Bout Page
James Gonzalez   defeats   William Calhoun III   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 12:00 Total Bout Page

Responses

poir420
poir420
  • Predictions:  143,346  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  18,232
  • Post Score: 245

06.07.2016 | 11:57 AM ET

Predictions: 5 of 11 Winners, 1 Perfect, 315 Points   |   Tied for 26th with 1 other

I fixed the Roncoroni fight. Are you sure the girl fight ended in the 2nd? Sherdog and UG both list it as the first round as well as AD Combat

http://adcombat.com/ring-of-combat-55-official-weights-results-suspensions-and-staff/

Ref Ribeiro
Judges Sanidad, Sinclair and Tamburrino
Sadee Monserrate (139-099) vs. Jenna Serio (117-788)
Monserrate 109.25         Serio 108
Serio wins via rear naked choke at 2:50 of round one. ‎

"“All of a sudden, he was shooting for a takedown, and I’m like, ‘Oh, you’re a wrestler now? Remember, I’m the black belt in jiu-jitsu. And you’re shooting on me now? This is a wrap." - Nate Diaz"

alienator13
alienator13

06.07.2016 | 12:06 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 11 Winners, 3 Perfect, 475 Points   |   3rd Place

Yes, Serio had Rear-naked Choke attempt at the end of the first round, but she couldn't finished Sadee at that time, but she got it in a 2nd round. 

You can watch it here if you

* Edited at 06.07.2016, 12:26 PM ET *

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : UFC upset winner Westin Wilson has an 'FTO' and a middle finger for the doubters
  • Middle Easy : Robert Whittaker ‘Expected More’ From Paulo Costa At UFC 302, Backs Dricus Du Plessis To Beat Israel Adesanya In ‘Dog Fight’ At UFC 305
  • MMA Junkie : Matchup Roundup: New UFC, PFL, Bellator fights announced in the past week (June 10-16)
  • Middle Easy : Floyd Mayweather Releases Full 18-Minute Video Of Gervonta Davis vs. Devin Haney Sparring Match
  • MMAFighting.com : ‘This is CineMMA’ movie reviews: Episode archives
  • MMA Mania : ‘Reaper’ Betting Favorite Over Ikram ... But Not By Much
  • MMA Junkie : Robert Whittaker open to Khamzat Chimaev rebooking, thinks Ikram Aliskerov 'could be harder' fight
  • MMA Junkie : Spinning Back Clique REPLAY: Conor McGregor injured, Alex Pereira vs. Jiri Prochazka headlines UFC 303, more
  • MMAFighting.com : U.S. Olympic trial runner-up Forrest Molinari declares plans to transition from wrestling to MMA
  • MMA Junkie : Spinning Back Clique LIVE: Conor McGregor injured, Alex Pereira vs. Jiri Prochazka headlines UFC 303, more
  • Middle Easy : Chael Sonnen Confirms Boxing Match With ‘Overrated’ And ‘Stupid’ Jorge Masvidal, Sends Warning To ‘Gamebred’
  • MMA Mania : RDA Finally Gets McPayback
  • MMA Junkie : Michael Bisping questions if Conor McGregor fights again after UFC 303 withdrawal
  • MMAFighting.com : On To the Next One: Matches to make after UFC Vegas 93
  • Jits Magazine : Xande Ribeiro Talks CJI vs ADCC: ‘I’m Not Behind It All’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 58 winner Asu Almabayev: 'I know that my level is top five'
  • MMAFighting.com : Melsik Baghdasaryan out of UFC Saudi Arabia due to injury
  • Middle Easy : Israel Adesanya Announces Return At UFC 305 Against Dricus Du Plessis; Dana White Accidentally Leaks Izzy’s Fight And Other Names In The Card
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I knew he was going to tire himself out’: Tank reacts to KO win over Martin
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I knew he was going to tire himself out’: Gervonta Davis reacts to KO win over Frank Martin